• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I've got an important 4 games coming up. Green Bay hopefully tonight with a division lead up for grabs, then 3 consecutive Division games (Detroit, Dallas, New England)

Could be a long 2 weeks...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Rorschach said:
This is your chance to break from the pack. YOU CAN DO EET!

As for me, I don't think I'll win another game in this year's Madden.

If you are gonna quote me please please give me credit for my trademarked comments. :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Truelize said:
K Matrix can DEFINETLY throw the long ball again. Ugh. We played a practice game and he raped me in the first half.
Note: I was just using plays that I've never used before. And once Vick got hurt I think I actually did better with Schaub in the pocket. I don't understand this, maybe Matrix was blitzing less cause you he wasn't worried about Schaub or maybe I rely on Vick's speed to much and miss passes from the pocket cause I'm always moving. No clue right now.

I did work him over on the first play from scrimmage with my boy Duckett though. :D.
And I think we threw 9 or 10 interceptions between us. :lol. Thanks goodness for unranked games.

I was not blizting Schaub like I was Vick,I mean who would? :p Duckett did work me over that first play :( I shut him down the rest of the way but I think you only ran like 5 more times after that,you took to throwing,but I figured you were only doing that to get practice in since it was unranked.

The games I had against Fifty did help me cause we basically played two games,one where I was using the Colts and I got to practice throwing deep more cause Mannings cone is huge and the 2nd game we both tried manually catching deep passes,which was just for fun.I was starting to find my deep game before,against DJ tet and it carried over to the game against DCX,still lost cause my D is either on or way off,then like I said before I played those games against Fifty and since then I have found my deep game in every practice game I have played online and off....Carr and I are now one with the long ball and whats even better is if I get my running game going it makes it that much easier.

Lonestar

Azyuma, leaving work in just a few minutes, I'll be home and availble to play until 11 pm or so. Want to get the game over with, got Radiata Stories to mess with.

AZ Greg

Lonestar said:
Azyuma, leaving work in just a few minutes, I'll be home and availble to play until 11 pm or so. Want to get the game over with, got Radiata Stories to mess with.

Cool, just message me on AIM when your ready - yumagreg1986

If I don't reply to your AIM message hop on live and send a friend request to - AZ Greg
I'll prob. be playing Madden or Halo.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
As for me, I don't think I'll win another game in this year's Madden.

After DM owns me, I'll be singing the same tune. :( I am more nervous about this game than my game with Slo. I think I'd rather just lose and get it over with, but not to a division rival. :(

DMczaf

Wellington said:
After DM owns me, I'll be singing the same tune. :( I am more nervous about this game than my game with Slo. I think I'd rather just lose and get it over with, but not to a division rival. :(

:lol It took a miracle for me to not have a 4 game losing streak heading into our game. Only way I'm beating you is if you somehow fumble the ball 6-7 times and half your team gets hurt...although looking at our past, I'm not betting against this happening ;)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
:lol It took a miracle for me to not have a 4 game losing streak heading into our game. Only way I'm beating you is if you somehow fumble the ball 6-7 times and half your team gets hurt...although looking at our past, I'm not betting against this happening ;)

:lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DMczaf said:

:lol :lol :lol

Goalline fumble by Tiki is forever burned in my mind. :(

Lonestar

weee!! 5 way tie! :/

Once again, it's like the game decided who was going to win well before we played :(

Fifty

Just a reminder to everyone....The league will advance tomorrow.

Also, to the 3-4 division, I mean the NFC East. Keep it up! We love what you've done. Such parity is impressive.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Truelize, let me know when you wanna play our week 8 game. I can play pretty much any week day after 6 PM.

Andokuky

Banned
I'm no good tomorrow Fifty, or Friday/Saturday. If Sunday isn't too late maybe we could get it done then, or Thursday. Or if you wanna play early.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
ColdBlooded33 said:
Truelize, let me know when you wanna play our week 8 game. I can play pretty much any week day after 6 PM.

EST?? Tomorrow night would work man. Add me to your AIM list if you haven't already.

AIM = Truelize
Gamertag = Truelize

CB3

Truelize said:
EST?? Tomorrow night would work man. Add me to your AIM list if you haven't already.

AIM = Truelize
Gamertag = Truelize

PST. I could do tomorrow night

AIM:TheColdOne33
Gamertag: ColdBlooded33

P.S. Im still welle's bitch :(

Mrbob

Wow we have the baseball equivalent of the NL West in our own GAF league!

NFC East
Team W L GB
#14 Seattle Seahawks 3-4 0
#12 Oakland Raiders 3-4 0
#22 Detroit Lions 3-4 0
#20 New England Patriots 3-4 0
#23 Dallas Cowboys 3-4 0

Who is gonna step up?

:lol :lol Whats with the no comment on the Colts and redskins?
Angry to have lost to me are we? Its ok, you wont get your rematch. :D
Not this season at least.

DCX Im calling you out, whenever you want to play im free all day today and tommorow until friday.
Nevermind. They didn't get there game done.

JayFro

Banned
Matrix,

When do you want to play? I might be able to play tomorrow night (Wednesday) after 10pm central time, but I'm not sure if I'm going out yet or not. If I don't post a message before that time I won't be able to play. Otherwise, I can probably play Thursday night 10pm or later as well.

JayFro

Slo

Ramirez almost took the game from me last night. I have no idea how he's 1-7, he played a lot better than that if you ask me.

P.S. I've got a real problem giving up big plays. :(

DCX

DCX
iceDragon7 said:
:lol :lol Whats with the no comment on the Colts and redskins?
Angry to have lost to me are we? Its ok, you wont get your rematch. :D
Not this season at least.

DCX Im calling you out, whenever you want to play im free all day today and tommorow until friday.
Nevermind. They didn't get there game done.
Dude i'm ready! Let me know when you're ready for loss number 2 :)

DCX

Fifty

FrenchMovieTheme said:
drey + djdemon, get your game done!

DJ said he was out of town until tonight and they'd try to play tonight. FMT, if you told me when you were advancing the power rankings would have been done :(

Slo

By the power of GreySkull, Broncos have the power!

elway.jpg

DCX

DCX
Guys i will be going to NYC for a wedding on Friday through Sat, i will be back Sunday late afternoon, early night just in case the week advances before i get back. I hoping to get my week 8 game in before i leave with icedragon7.

DCX

sorry fifty, i decided to do both of them since you did both last week :D

p.s. azyuma, i edited your last game because i'm 100% certain nick barnett didn't have 8 sacks :)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Might as well get this out of the way now:

"FUCK YOU AND YOUR OVERRATED D DM! YOUR LINEBACKERS HAVE 100 AWARE AND CUN RUN LIKE CARL LEWIS. FUCK JOEY GALLOWAY, I WILL TAKE A PIPE TO HIS LEG IF I EVER SEE HIM IN REAL LIFE. THIS IS A BS LOSS, I AM STILL UNDEFEATED IN MY MIND. FUCK YOU!"

Want to play tonight?

Oh, and what deserves player of the week more, an RB with 9 carries 167 yards and 2 TDs, or one with 29 carries, 187 yards, and 2 TDs? I think the answer is pretty clear.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wellington said:
Might as well get this out of the way now:

"FUCK YOU AND YOUR OVERRATED D DM! YOUR LINEBACKERS HAVE 100 AWARE AND CUN RUN LIKE CARL LEWIS. FUCK JOEY GALLOWAY, I WILL TAKE A PIPE TO HIS LEG IF I EVER SEE HIM IN REAL LIFE. THIS IS A BS LOSS, I AM STILL UNDEFEATED IN MY MIND. FUCK YOU!"

Want to play tonight?

Oh, and what deserves player of the week more, an RB with 9 carries 167 yards and 2 TDs, or one with 29 carries, 187 yards, and 2 TDs? I think the answer is pretty clear.

This reverse pyschology has got to end man. Seriously. Stop playing possum.

DCX

DCX
Truelize said:
It is kinda getting annoying, but that's the trick :) I kinda wish i had games against him and FMT. It's the only way i'm going to get better...but i have a monster second half of the season coming where i play the Jets twice, the Bears once and the Ravens :/ So four out of my next nine is against the top teams in the leauge this year. If i'm going to contend for a playoff spot, i need at LEAST 2 wins against them, tough to do, but it's what i have to do to earn a playoff spot. I'll keep working with my running game and my pass D.

DCX

KingV

DJ Tet: When do you want to play this game?

I can do it in the next hour, fairly late tonight (8 or 9 PST), or sometime tommorrow. I'll leave it up to you. Best way to set it up with me is AIM, name is SSNTom80, I leave it up all the time.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Truelize said:

What the heck are you guys talking about.

Fact of the matter is this:

Slo had beaten me 2 of 4 times last year when I was the Bills with Bledsoe, a much better team than the current Giants.

I have never ever in my entire life beaten DMczaf at a football game. I've beaten him in MVP, and NBA 2K5, but who cares about that, Madden is the only game in town, and I am 0-13 against him in it. (0-2 against him in ESPN)

Let's put it into perspective:

1) My last couple of games have been won by my ridiculous rushing yardage.
2) I'm using the Giants who are a 72 rated team (I think it should be in the 80s, but hey Tiburon knows all)
3) I have been lucky with my turnover ratio (4 ints and 1 fumble compared to what I have inted and recovered).
4) I have one of the lowest opponent record totals in the league.

As you can see, I am bound to run out of luck at some point. Hopefully it's now and not in the playoffs.

DCX: If you want to play me I am down for a game pretty much whenever, as long as it's not late at night. My AIM nick is InsecureKillah. I used to play as the Bills last year when they fucking owned. Drew Bledsoe and Travis Henry were used to great effect in my offense. :)

Matrix

JayFro said:
Matrix,

When do you want to play? I might be able to play tomorrow night (Wednesday) after 10pm central time, but I'm not sure if I'm going out yet or not. If I don't post a message before that time I won't be able to play. Otherwise, I can probably play Thursday night 10pm or later as well.

JayFro

Well if you can play after 10 pm central tonight,Ill be around.Thursday night anytime after 10 pm central is good too,just let me know whats up in this thread.

I still think I need to add you to my friends list,so ill have to send you a request.

Just so you know my

aim is adoubledg and xbox name is matrixadw

Ramirez

Yup,gg Slo...think I'll be starting Maddox from now on,Roth's accuracy in this game is laughable...I'll input my stats later tonight.

CB3

Truelize, just finishing up some things some in about an half an hour ill be able to play anytime from there on. let me know

AIM TheColdOne33

ColdBlooded33 said:
Truelize, just finishing up some things some in about an half an hour ill be able to play anytime from there on. let me know

AIM TheColdOne33

Translation, he was busy practicing against your team offline by himself. :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I owe DM an apology.

I grabbed the lead and when he scored to open the fourth I milked the clock like a motherfucker. I wouldn't do that against anyone but DM knowing our history. Tainted win. :|

BUT THE CURSE IS OVER.

DMczaf

Photo Recap of the 4th Quarter

Charise_milking_Fran.jpg

a_gruden_jon_vt.jpg

003%20Grandma%20always%20liked%20milking%20a%20cow.jpg

a_gruden_i.jpg

Although I dont blame Wellie, considering our history how fast I scored that TD to make it 13-7 after you kept me out of FG range all game. :lol

Top Bottom