• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rorschach

Truelize said:
This reverse pyschology has got to end man. Seriously. Stop playing possum.
Well, the other times he wasn't too serious, but with DM, I BLIEVE! DM = roadblock.

Grats on breaking the curse!

Wellie, I want you to say "I'm going to fuck you up so bad..." before we play our game. :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Played a ranked game with DM, which just gave me my ten wins in a row trophy. Strahan intercepted a pass, truck sticked someone, and scored the defensive TD. :lol :lol :lol

The curse now officially over!

DMczaf

Curse isnt broken! You still gave up a 21-7 lead in the 4th quarter. You are lucky my mom didnt teach me to tell time or I take that game to OT!

How_We_tell_time.001.jpg

*adds to GAFazon Cart*

i was pretty sure we went over this with bigzep but i'll reiterate: please try to avoid manually controlling receivers. it is pretty cheap (as has been evidenced multiple times on purpose by CK in exhibitions and others who just take control and jetpack over whoever they want). it is next to impossible to stop and i think it's pretty cheesy. i'm not going to flat out ban it because there are times ive had to take control of a WR to break up an interception, but you know what you're doing

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i was pretty sure we went over this with bigzep but i'll reiterate: please try to avoid manually controlling receivers. it is pretty cheap (as has been evidenced multiple times on purpose by CK in exhibitions and others who just take control and jetpack over whoever they want). it is next to impossible to stop and i think it's pretty cheesy. i'm not going to flat out ban it because there are times ive had to take control of a WR to break up an interception, but you know what you're doing

Cut to the chase,who did this? :lol

shifting your D-line has been legal since week 4, and it is still legal. you can spread them wide, pinch, whatever. you just can't manually take the DE way off the line

no one was cheating guys, lets just leave it at that and all know that from here on out it is illegal

bigzep was a good guy, just had some personal problems to attend to and that's why he couldn't join the league. i know he had the label of cheeser on him after a game where he played 4-wide all game, but he settled down and played legit in preseason.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
shifting your D-line has been legal since week 4, and it is still legal. you can spread them wide, pinch, whatever. you just can't manually take the DE way off the line

no one was cheating guys, lets just leave it at that and all know that from here on out it is illegal

WTF I knew you could pinch the d-line but I didnt know we could spread them wide in league play :lol

Damn! had I known I could shift my D I would have been doing a whol lot better.
Thats how I destroyed MalleyMal in week 4 when it was allowed to test and see who liked it.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
well, you guys are right. i better put it to a new vote.

guys, please check the front page of the league and vote when you get a chance.

Fifty said:
Well we said we'd try it for week 4 and 5 and then have another vote......that vote never happened though.

DAMN ME AND MY BIG MOUF! Oh well, lets hope this poll wins.

Matrix

DJ_Tet said:
I've been terrified to spread my D-line because my week 4 game was late. Damnit.

Both you and I never spread the line against eachother,if you had,you might have sacked Carr 10 times :eek: I had all day to throw the last game against you and when people spread Im fucked.

The lack of official solid rules and the vote that never happened held some people back, thats for sure.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Truelize, guess you had that Satelite thing going on so we can play tomorrow at the same time.

P.S slightly off-topic, FMT, Get ready to see a whole lotta this!

nyg_041128_dayafter_pg2.jpg

YEAH BABY SUCK IT DOWN! 24-3 EAGLES!

PHI_WAS_0293_DH.jpg

Expect this same scene except the Rat on the ground.

Matrix

Fifty said:
019_JPG.jpg

"Join me"

Vote spread
spread.jpg

"I'll spread my legs for you,thats about it"
76_David-Carr-Warming-Up.GIF

DJ_Tet

Banned
Matrix said:
Both you and I never spread the line against eachother,if you had,you might have sacked Carr 10 times :eek: I had all day to throw the last game against you and when people spread Im fucked.

The lack of official solid rules and the vote that never happened held some people back, thats for sure.

I haven't spread against anyone, but I don't think it was in the cards for me that second game against you. But if you want to play the game over... ;)

I seriously don't think I could do any worse.

And we need a ruling on this spread D-Line stat!

Matrix

DJ_Tet said:
I haven't spread against anyone, but I don't think it was in the cards for me that second game against you. But if you want to play the game over... ;)

I seriously don't think I could do any worse.

And we need a ruling on this spread D-Line stat!

HAHA :lol ....no :(

JayFro

Banned
Matrix said:
Well if you can play after 10 pm central tonight,Ill be around.Thursday night anytime after 10 pm central is good too,just let me know whats up in this thread.

I still think I need to add you to my friends list,so ill have to send you a request.

Just so you know my

aim is adoubledg and xbox name is matrixadw

Is it cool if we play our game tomorrow night 10pm central time? (Thursday) See ya then.

JayFro

Matrix

JayFro said:
Is it cool if we play our game tomorrow night 10pm central time? (Thursday) See ya then.

JayFro

Yea thats good.

Matrix

JayFro said:
I don't think I can take another loss so quickly, I need a few days to recoup after my last one.

JayFro

I had a heartbreaking loss last week.I'm itching to get a W,but since we have never faced eachother its all wideopen and anything can happen in this game.

You have to think positive in this game and go in with a gameplan from the start if you want to have any success and you also have to have some luck on your side.

Matrix

Cloudy said:
I can barely stop the run now and I get sacked like hell regardless. Keep it in!

:lol Conex you rule

You get sacked a ton because you never hot route block,you dont seem to ever pick up the blitz well and you dont react quick enough at getting rid of the ball when you're running around with the QB,ive seen you hold it sometimes and take the sack instead of throwing it away.

As for the run,you let the cpu do too much work for you and your team isnt great...you need to learn how to make some tackles yourself.

hgplayer1

:lol damn you guys come up with some of those pics outta nowhere. how did matrix know he would need a pic of david carr with his legs spread open?

DJ_Tet

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/polls/?lid=1307&pid=935

make your voice heard in the official poll!

up next: to reward or not reward the superbowl participants at the end of season 1 with top picks for season 2 teams. that poll will go up next week

Are we really going to switch teams for season 2? I thought just about everyone had who they wanted...I don't want to lose my kitty cats...I really hate every other NFL team, it's just the kind of fan that I am.

hgplayer1

DJ_Tet said:
Are we really going to switch teams for season 2? I thought just about everyone had who they wanted...I don't want to lose my kitty cats...I really hate every other NFL team, it's just the kind of fan that I am.

see thats where Im lucky. almost nobody wants the Cowboys.

Fifty

Well we're only halfway through and we've had quite a bit of change....We're assuming that people will leave, people will join, and many people will want a fresh team to try. I know I will! I really want a real NFL QB. Things changed a lot every season last year.

The issue at hand (to be voted on later) was proposed by me. I just thought that even though we had normally given the first pick of season 2 teams to the worst team, and so on up the list, I felt the two superbowl teams should get some reward by being able to select a team first (or at least not at the very end) I thought it'd be a fun incentive...maybe as a compromise we could have it whereby certain teams are off limits to prevent superbowl players from using a Patriots or a Vikings team in the next season.

Rorschach

hgplayer1 said:
see thats where Im lucky. almost nobody wants the Cowboys.
I was lucky last year...and the year before that :(

BTW- I voted no on spreading the line. If I use Brayton or Burgess, I get in with little resistence. With the spread, it would be overkill...and I'm not the best at defense, so I can only imagine those guys...

I say the 2 superbowl teams get a free copy of Madden 360 paid by all the other chumps in the league :D

Nah, all I want is the Raiders next season, damn the person putting them to shame. Also beware people ColdBlooded + Eagles next season = deadly.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Maybe not both superbowl players, but the superbowl winner, as you and I had discussed.

Either way, I don't really care. Some of the top contenders aren't even using teams that are that good, so if they make the superbowl what's the problem with taking another team...

DJ_Tet

Banned
Wellington said:
Maybe not both superbowl players, but the superbowl winner, as you and I had discussed.

Either way, I don't really care. Some of the top contenders aren't even using teams that are that good, so if they make the superbowl what's the problem with taking another team...

There is none as long as they don't take my team :)

*speaks for all the non superbowl scrubs in the league*

I don't mind people switching teams, as I'm sure people will drop out for season 2 etc, but I have very little interest in playing with anyone other than the Panthers. Just speaking personally.

*thinks about having a RB who can actually hit the hole*....hmmm someone faster than Stephen Davis might be fun though....maybe I need to think this through a little more....

edit---w00t finally got a tag, after all the stupid shit I've said in this forum I feel like I've finally arrived...little did they know I KNEW that would get me this tag :)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DJ_Tet said:
There is none as long as they don't take my team :)

*speaks for all the non superbowl scrubs in the league*

I don't mind people switching teams, as I'm sure people will drop out for season 2 etc, but I have very little interest in playing with anyone other than the Panthers. Just speaking personally.

*thinks about having a RB who can actually hit the hole*....hmmm someone faster than Stephen Davis might be fun though....maybe I need to think this through a little more....

edit---w00t finally got a tag, after all the stupid shit I've said in this forum I feel like I've finally arrived...little did they know I KNEW that would get me this tag :)

I see your point, and I do admit I am coming from a completely different point of view. Last year I used the Giants for two seasons, and the Bills and Broncos for one season each. With the Giants I put up massive (for the Giants) offensive numbers, but had no D. So I picked a better defensive team that had an awesome QB (for being exclusively a pocket passer) and McGahee, but I had no freakin' OLine whatsoever. Then I figured fuck it, let me take a team with one of the best OLines in the game a crazy secondary and a pretty good passing game.

Point is, it's cool to experiment and try to pick a team that shores up weaknesses that you absolutely hated in previous teams you had used. Next season I am leaning towards going with a team that has receivers that can make a difference, my current receivers cannot create any freakin' separation unless I use black magic. :| Hrm.... Steve Smith and Keary Colbert do that pretty well.....

And about the Willie Roaf comment... I take it you haven't seen the "Why ESPN NFL 2K5 sucks" video? In it, Willie Roaf is split out as a wide receiver, makes the catch and out runs the DBs to paydirt. :lol Not unlike Strahan inting it and outrunning everyone last night in my game with DM. :lol

Slo

Fifty - I don't know when the league is advancing, but just a heads up that I won't be able to play Friday or Saturday.

Also:

rlewismug1.jpg

Top Bottom