• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fifty

hgplayer1 said:
I didnt even recieve a nomination for my early season meltdown :(

Hey I haven't announced the winner yet! But you've always been great HG....No matter how mad you got at the game you didn't give up, and that's what we're all about!

Fifty

Site updated with awards and other flashy shit. Rudi Johnson is (I think) our first 2x in a row offensive player of the week.

The Bengals are the new Broncos to me now, I fear them big time. I just may lose week 16.

DCX when do you want to play our rematch? Anytime tonight and Thursday is fine with me.

DCX

DCX
iceDragon7 said:
The Bengals are the new Broncos to me now, I fear them big time. I just may lose week 16.

DCX when do you want to play our rematch? Anytime tonight and Thursday is fine with me.
You still around?

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Damm fucking lag made the game I had against Jayfro annoying as hell >_< I asked you to quit Jay and I was able to hear you over my speakers even without a headset and I heard you mumble hell no or something :\

I didnt want to play like that,but I guess you didnt care,oh well.

Btw a tip next time,dont take this the wrong way,but you need to pinch your line in the middle,I mean with the blitzing that final drive and no pinching I was able to just run up the gut over and over,taking turns with Davis and Wells.

I hate saying GG after playing in lag,so I'll just say glad thats over.

Fifty our game is going to be something special!

JayFro

Banned
Matrix said:
Damm fucking lag made the game I had against Jayfro annoying as hell >_< I asked you to quit Jay and I was able to hear you over my speakers even without a headset and I heard you mumble hell no or something :\

I didnt want to play like that,but I guess you didnt care,oh well.

Btw a tip next time,dont take this the wrong way,but you need to pinch your line in the middle,I mean with the blitzing that final drive and no pinching I was able to just run up the gut over and over,taking turns with Davis and Wells.

I hate saying GG after playing in lag,so I'll just say glad thats over.

Fifty our game is going to be something special!

I wasn't really thinking when you were down 24-17 in the 4th and there were 2 minutes left in the game that you would run the ball up the gut the entire way down the field to score the winning TD and then score a 2 point conversion to win. That lag also killed my fucking field goal in the first half that I missed wide left because of the timing issue. I wasn't pinching the line for almost the entire game and had zero problems stopping the run, all of the sudden you get more than half those rushing yards on the last drive because my guys forget how to tackle. I've had lag free games all season so that was a little different to play in, but I play Topspin in lag that's worse than that and I really just wanted to get the game in seeing as how I have two games per week now.

Anyway, good game but I can't believe I let it slip away. I didn't know the pats playbook so I was a bit lost at times but it was a good close game and I hate the fucking 3-4. I wish I was blitzing you on that last drive you had, but I was playing it safe yet my D became morons and couldn't stop the run they were so easily stopping in the first half. I was banking on the pass because I had stopped the run so well for nearly the entire game. Well done.

JayFro

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
JayFro said:
I wasn't really thinking when you were down 24-17 in the 4th and there were 2 minutes left in the game that you would run the ball up the gut the entire way down the field to score the winning TD and then score a 2 point conversion to win. That lag also killed my fucking field goal in the first half that I missed wide left because of the timing issue. I wasn't pinching the line for almost the entire game and had zero problems stopping the run, all of the sudden you get more than half those rushing yards on the last drive because my guys forget how to tackle. I've had lag free games all season so that was a little different to play in, but I play Topspin in lag that's worse than that and I really just wanted to get the game in seeing as how I have two games per week now.

Anyway, good game but I can't believe I let it slip away. I didn't know the pats playbook so I was a bit lost at times but it was a good close game. Well done.

JayFro

I took a huge risk,I was like hmmmm you know im sure he's going to think im going to PA pass on him so I took the opposite line of thinking and just stuck to what was working.I almost missed that 46 yard fg,lag really fucks with kicking,if I had missed that I would have broken my xbox.I also went for two to take the lead cause 1.didnt trust my D to hold you in OT, 2.didnt trust kicking the PA and 3.I hate lag and didnt want anymore of that game.

GG.

JayFro

Banned
iceDragon7 said:

Rudi, Rudi..........

JayFro

Banned
Fifty said:
Site updated with awards and other flashy shit. Rudi Johnson is (I think) our first 2x in a row offensive player of the week.

I think I've finally figured out how to run the ball, Rudi has recently become a beast. Now if I can just figure out that damn passing game......... :D

Matrix

Jay I was looking at the Pats player stats and you put in 54 pass deflections for one of your players by mistake :lol It should be for ints yards,I told FMT but im not sure if he got my aim message to fix it.

JayFro

Banned
Matrix said:
Jay I was looking at the Pats player stats and you put in 54 pass deflections for one of your players by mistake :lol It should be for ints yards,I told FMT but im not sure if he got my aim message to fix it.

Woops, I'll fix it thanks.

JayFro

Ramirez

Umm...I clicked save my stats and I got a "page cannot be displayed" error,turned my Xbox off =\ I hit back and my stats were still there,waited around 5 minutes hit save my stats again and now I can't even get back to the enter stats page....:|

Well here's to hopin they went through,finally have a good game and this shit happens...anyways,off to bed :(

Matrix

:lol I have to face Jay again...man what are the odds.

Jay when you would like to face the new look Panthers?

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
You're missing out! Anyway, Matrix has the Panthers for a week or two. DJ has to leave for a bit, but he did the right thing and let me know.

Also......I'm looking at the stats for the Jets/Bills game, and I'm confused as hell.

http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/schedule/date/gamestats.asp?lid=1307&did=48011&gid=728493

DCX....your offense! I don't comprehend.
Welcome to my nightmare. I have no clue what is going on. My D would be good enough to give me about 2-3 wins alone, if i did anything close to a real offense i could be one of the better teams in the leauge. I could swear the Jets were in a nickel all game :p Yet i couldn't run anyway. Couldn't get a first down for nothing, droped like 8 ints...meh, what can you do. I play great when facing great teams, i mean i almost had icedragon7 beat in our first game. lost 17-10 this game i get shutdown 24-0. I lost to Mrbob 16-0......i don't know...i need help...i try, trust me...i have put alot into learning Madden. I just have to come to grips that i just plain ole suck! Tag me mods! I fucking SUCK!! :D :D :lol :lol

DCX

Matrix

DCX said:
Welcome to my nightmare. I have no clue what is going on. My D would be good enough to give me about 2-3 wins alone, if i did anything close to a real offense i could be one of the better teams in the leauge. I could swear the Jets were in a nickel all game :p Yet i couldn't run anyway. Couldn't get a first down for nothing, droped like 8 ints...meh, what can you do. I play great when facing great teams, i mean i almost had icedragon7 beat in our first game. lost 17-10 this game i get shutdown 24-0. I lost to Mrbob 16-0......i don't know...i need help...i try, trust me...i have put alot into learning Madden. I just have to come to grips that i just plain ole suck! Tag me mods! I fucking SUCK!! :D :D :lol :lol

DCX

You put 38 points up on me...BE THE BALL!

You dont suck,it could simply be the Bills f-ing suck.

DCX said:

DCX

:lol :lol Are those stats beautiful or what Fifty? As for playing Nickel the whole game, I would lose I only rarely do that formation if I see 3 WR set up. I don't think you did anything wrong that game, it was just your players that sucked and didn't catch anything. Maybe you need to change your playbook.

JayFro

Banned
Matrix said:
:lol I have to face Jay again...man what are the odds.

Jay when you would like to face the new look Panthers?

We should just play a best of 21 series! :lol So far Matrix 3 Jayfro 0. I would play tonight but I've got work to do with my website and stuff so can you play tomorrow night 10pm central?

JayFro

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
You put 38 points up on me...BE THE BALL!
I wasted all my point on you :D I can't lead recievers well, i'm still a hot route virgin, my running game is lacking ( McGahee is a stud RB but yet i have him about 828 yds for the season with a 3.6 average....not going to get it down with my anemic passing game. As goes my D, goes me...if i can get inside the 40 i'm good on offense. My offense always seem to die before the 50...i have no idea what's going on...I beat Malley, Matrix, played Fifty right to the end, played ice the first game tough...my goal is 5 wins this year. hopefully season 2 i can turn things around.

DCX

DCX

DCX
iceDragon7 said:
:lol :lol Are those stats beautiful or what Fifty? As for playing Nickel the whole game, I would lose I only rarely do that formation if I see 3 WR set up. I don't think you did anything wrong that game, it was just your players that sucked and didn't catch anything. Maybe you need to change your playbook.
I never even giving changing the playbook a thought...i mean i try to play like the Bills really play, you would think it plays to the strengths of the team...i will assume you play with the Raiders playbook amirite?

DCX

Matrix

JayFro said:
We should just play a best of 21 series! :lol So far Matrix 3 Jayfro 0. I would play tonight but I've got work to do with my website and stuff so can you play tomorrow night 10pm central?

JayFro

:lol

Yea that time is good for me,now its my turn to play with a team I have no idea about.

DCX,you should start thinking of a team that better suits your playstyle for season 2.

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:

Yea that time is good for me,now its my turn to play with a team I have no idea about.

DCX,you should start thinking of a team that better suits your playstyle for season 2.

:lol :lol :lol No clue which team that might be, but i will try...i think maybe Philly...i do well with ATL...online at least.

DCX

The whole league game just went to shit for me. Not only am I 2nd but Im going to have around one of the last picks since I don't have my QB to stand a chance in the playoffs.
=( I should go on a losing streak now...

Holy crap Mr.bob, how did you go from being ranked 4th to ranked 7th? You were right behind me the whole way through. Good luck buddy, you'll need it.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
ahhh, The Classic Dallas/Seattle game didn't get game of the Week. Pitiful, Fifty. Pit E Full.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Looks like Bob and I are the matchup of the week. Too bad he is going to blow me out. :(

I just had two things to say:

Historically in GAF leagues, the person with the best record is one and done in the playoffs. So Ice, anytime you want to overtake me is fine by me. ;) I've been pretty awesome the three times I have made the playoffs going 7-2 in the post-season. I bet I will be eliminated in my first game. :(

I have a play that is pretty good against TE cheese in which Shaun Williams covers them... :lol at Shaun having 5 ints and 13 passes defended. Especially considering I didn't have him as a starter until about week 5. My other plays involve Carlos Emmons and the new starter Reggie Torbor (thanks roster update!). I love that they actually work though. :lol

Slo

I think I overreacted last night. While I still think what icedragon said to me was disrespectfull, I went overboard and blew things out of preportions. IceDragon, sorry about that.

Slo

I'm calm! That's why I'm apologizing! GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD BEFORE I RIP YOUR HEART OUT AND SHIT IN YOUR EMPTY CHEST CAVITY

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Man, of my last 4 games, I now have 2 different players using 2 of the teams I was going to face. What the F. I can't plan for either team!!! I'm going to have to join in on the unsanitary Chest Shitting Club.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Lonestar said:
Man, of my last 4 games, I now have 2 different players using 2 of the teams I was going to face. What the F. I can't plan for either team!!! I'm going to have to join in on the unsanitary Chest Shitting Club.

There are clubs for that stuff?? What Seattle fans are messed up. :p

Matrix

Lonestar said:

Dont worry I have no idea how to play with the Panthers,you have a better shot facing me than if you were facing DJ who has played with them a ton.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:
Dont worry I have no idea how to play with the Panthers,you have a better shot facing me than if you were facing DJ who has played with them a ton.

Uh what? Jake Delhomme has a better arm than Carr, and Steve Smith is better in game than AJ. Not only that but now you have Keary Colbert, Ricky Proehl, and I'll even throw Ron Gardner in there as viable options over Bradford and Gaffney. And and and... an actual offensive line. It would be like bob last year saying he can't pass with the Rams but he can pass with the Bears. :lol

But yeah, there's always the factor of not knowing the playbook.

Top Bottom