• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wellington said:
Uh what? Jake Delhomme has a better arm than Carr, and Steve Smith is better in game than AJ. Not only that but now you have Keary Colbert, Ricky Proehl, and I'll even throw Ron Gardner in there as viable options over Bradford and Gaffney. And and and... an actual offensive line. It would be like bob last year saying he can't pass with the Rams but he can pass with the Bears. :lol

But yeah, there's always the factor of not knowing the playbook.

I dont know their playbook,which will be a big factor for me when I use the Panthers.

I know the Texans playbook by heart and know my strengths when it comes to playing with them.As far as Carr,I dont know if Delhomme has a better arm than him in this game,Carr can flat out launch the ball and Ive played with Jake like twice before and couldnt throw deep with him at all.Im sure you mean just passing in general,but we all know my game ;P I dont recall how big Jakes passing cone is,how much bigger can it be than Carrs?

I do agree with you,Panthers are a hell of a lot better than the Texans and I'll have far more options to use playing with them.

KingV

newsguy: When do you want to do this? saturday should work best for me. Sorry I've been slow to get on it, but my internet has been out

~Tom

Wellington said:
Why is MrBob hiding?

If you look at one of his previous posts, he says he won't get his games in until the 4th day before the League advances so that the roster updates can come in time to screw me over. That bastard.

Mrbob

Wellington said:
Why is MrBob hiding?

Ahahahhaahah. I'm not hiding. Where were you last night?! You could have beat me. I got back about midnight piss drunk. I'm at work right now and should be home in an hour-hour and a half! Time for you to lose! Woooo ahahahahahahhahahhahhhahhhahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahaha!

icedragon and his hanging deflated chad said:
If you look at one of his previous posts, he says he won't get his games in until the 4th day before the League advances so that the roster updates can come in time to screw me over. That bastard.

:D

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Andre Dyson for Def Player of the Week 2 tackles, 2 INT's, 3 pass deflections, 1 FF, 1 FR, 1 Def TD

And he's a darn nice guy.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Jay Im ready to play now if you want to start a little earlier than 10 central.

JayFro

Banned
Matrix said:
Jay Im ready to play now if you want to start a little earlier than 10 central.

I was just about to message you, I haven't eaten dinner yet and it's almost 10:10pm. I would love to play right now but I'm doing a project for work on my computer. Is there a chance we can play at 10:40pm? I apologize for pushing the time back but I have a ton of shit to do tonight, I'll be up til 4am minimum tonight.

JayFro

Matrix

Jay want to play at 11:30 central? Thats 12:30 my time which is still good for me,I could even do 1 am eastern time if you need more time.

JayFro

Banned
Matrix said:
Jay want to play at 11:30 central? Thats 12:30 my time which is still good for me,I could even do 1 am eastern time if you need more time.

Thanks for being so flexible, is 10:45pm central ok? That will give me plenty of time and I can get back to work when we finish. See ya on in 25 minutes.

JayFro

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
My luck is going to run out one of these days. Another RIDICULOUSLY tight win.

The Bears players are on steroids. They jump the ball better than any team I have ever seen. I am good at not throwing ints, but I threw three with Eli this game.

I fucking dropped the controller and it hit B and went out of the game. I asked bob to record my stats. :(

One more win and I have the best record ever in a Madden league, which right now is 13-3 held by Ramirez iirc.

Mrbob

Ugh. What a tough loss. I can sum up this loss in 3 plays.

1) First quarter, game is 0-0. I get Wellie to punt on his first possession. My damn punt returner runs 10 yards, gets hit and fumbles the ball. He returns it for a TD.

2) Next play from the line of scrimmage I try to dump off the pass to my fullback in the flats. 'Cause of those fucking small buttons I lob the ball instead of firing it to my fullback, so the ball floats in the air and gets picked off. Returned for a TD. Now I'm down 14-0 on two plays in a row.

3) I make a big comeback and am down 28-22 in the 4th, get down to his 6 yard line with 15 seconds left. 3rd and goal I see his LB tries to bump my WR at the line of scrimmage. I see it and I throw it to my WR after the bump and he drops the fucking ball. Would have been a game winning TD and he blew it. I don't convert on 4th down and lose the game.

Oh well. I think I may have actually figured out how to pass with Orton in the 2nd half of the game. Maybe.

Mrbob

Wellington said:
For all you idiots that said his passing game sucked with Orton, I have to words:

FUCK YOU

Hahahaha. Look at my stats dude from my previous games. I have sucked with Orton throwing. But I think things may be turning around. It wasn't until the second half where I started to get some completions. I threw more passes than I wanted too, though. Damn deficit.

Matrix

JayFro said:
Thanks for being so flexible, is 10:45pm central ok? That will give me plenty of time and I can get back to work when we finish. See ya on in 25 minutes.

JayFro

UGH I didnt see your post,I was playing an nba 2k6 game,sorry.

I can play after u finish against Malley.

newsguy

KingV said:
newsguy: When do you want to do this? saturday should work best for me. Sorry I've been slow to get on it, but my internet has been out

~Tom

Saturday is cool for me as well. I'm having one shitty ass day.

Matrix

Wellington said:
For all you idiots that said his passing game sucked with Orton, I have to words:

FUCK YOU

Orton is a bizzare player,in a game I had against Bob he had 4 or 5 tds throws and 6 ints.

Mrbob

Here is another way to sum up my game with Wellie.

He got 21 first points in the first half and only had 2 total first downs.

:(

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Slightly Off-Topic but, WOO got the All NFL Trophy LVL 2. Played and Won with all teams, which is not always as easy effort if you know what i mean. Now i can go back to improving my record 32-32. Pretty Cool number it ended up on

JayFro

Banned
ColdBlooded33 said:
Slightly Off-Topic but, WOO got the All NFL Trophy LVL 2. Played and Won with all teams, which is not always as easy effort if you know what i mean. Now i can go back to improving my record 32-32. Pretty Cool number it ended up on

Good game Matrix, I'm up 21-7 and find a way to fuck it up again.............throw an INT inside my own 20 when I had no business even trying to throw that pass with Houshy in single coverage down the field. I should have hot blocked my RB when you picked up that sack in OT, it was 2nd and whatever and I thought I could get the pass off before the blitz got to me. I'm also trying to figure out how the fuck you stop the run in dime formation :lol

Well done, I lose again this time 24-21 in overtime.

JayFro

Matrix

JayFro said:
Good game Matrix, I'm up 21-7 and find a way to fuck it up again.............throw an INT inside my own 20 when I had no business even trying to throw that pass with Houshy in single coverage down the field. I should have hot blocked my RB when you picked up that sack in OT, it was 2nd and whatever and I thought I could get the pass off before the blitz got to me. I'm also trying to figure out how the fuck you stop the run in dime formation :lol

Well done, I lose again this time 24-21 in overtime.

JayFro

GG man,god damn I really f'ed up at the end of reg.I meant to call timeout and kick the fg,instead somehow I had it on punt and of course the bs bug in the game wouldnt let me audible out :( I dont think I would have hit a 54 yard fg to win but that was so retarded of me.

As for stopping the run in dime :lol I have no idea how it worked so well,I kept using contain and bringing everyone in when I thought you were going to do that fake handoff play.I'm always getting abused with the Texans cause of my 3-4 D and to be able to stop the run in dime formation was funny :lol I cant do that shit with the Texans,you ran for over 200 yards on me.

JayFro

Banned
Matrix said:
GG man,god damn I really f'ed up at the end of reg.I meant to call timeout and kick the fg,instead somehow I had it on punt and of course the bs bug in the game wouldnt let me audible out :( I dont think I would have hit a 54 yard fg to win but that was so retarded of me.

As for stopping the run in dime :lol I have no idea how it worked so well,I kept using contain and bringing everyone in when I thought you were going to do that fake handoff play.I'm always getting abused with the Texans cause of my 3-4 D and to be able to stop the run in dime formation was funny :lol I cant do that shit with the Texans,you ran for over 200 yards on me.

Well at least we know now Rudi won't get offensive player of the week 3 times in a row! :) So how long before the mods tag me Matrix's Madden bitch? :lol

Fifty

I'm going to stop giving the Giants matchup of the week. It's just too obvious that they're going to win every game now.

Andokuky

Banned
My electricity has been off and on the last 2 days. Got through Rita fine, then a thunderstorm comes through and fucks everything up.

I'm moving this weekend Slo, can you play tonight or anytime Sat/Sun? Give me a time and I'll let you know if I can make it.

Slo

Friday or Saturday night after 9:00-10:00 PM Central should be ok I think. We could probably do it on Sunday if it came down to it, but I'd rather watch real football than play Madden.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
I'm going to stop giving the Giants matchup of the week. It's just too obvious that they're going to win every game now.

WTF, stop trying to jinx me. I beat DM on the fluke "MilkGate" scandal, I can't beat him again. Rors is discovering the powah of Moss, so that will be a tough matchup considering I have yet to have to even plan for a WR in this season. And of course, FMT will be a tough matchup.

The Giants are still a shitty team, and if they feel like it in any one of these games, they can certainly play like it. Just ask Lone who has seen it first hand. :(

Also

MrBob said:
Don't worry, friend. I'm about to stuff CKs running game.

I'm holding him under 50 yards.

Wellington said:
I bet you $500 you won't hold me under 50 yards rushing.

Code:
Statistics                  Wellie            MrBob           
Rushing attempts for                 25              17
Rushing yards for                   126              41

Not only did I pass 50 yards, but then I went ahead and held you under 50.

Wellingtonm@verizon.net is my paypal account. Thanks.

Lonestar

CK, left you a PM.

And yeah, I've seen The G-Man on Drop Off Tuesdays. Sir, would you like another Drop with your Coffee?

Oh, and looking at the stats from my game last night against Ror's. Alexander accounted for 86% of my total offensive yard output.

Mrbob

Wellington said:
WTF, stop trying to jinx me. I beat DM on the fluke "MilkGate" scandal, I can't beat him again. Rors is discovering the powah of Moss, so that will be a tough matchup considering I have yet to have to even plan for a WR in this season. And of course, FMT will be a tough matchup.

The Giants are still a shitty team, and if they feel like it in any one of these games, they can certainly play like it. Just ask Lone who has seen it first hand. :(

Also

Code:
Statistics                  Wellie            MrBob           
Rushing attempts for                 25              17
Rushing yards for                   126              41

Not only did I pass 50 yards, but then I went ahead and held you under 50.

Wellingtonm@verizon.net is my paypal account. Thanks.

:lol

You held me under 50 yards because I fell down 14-0 and had to start passing to catch up! :lol

Oh, and I never agreed to thet bet. ;)

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
CP this weekend is pretty busy for me. I will be able to play Saturday morning from 10 - 12 mountain time and then anytime on Sunday. But nothing on Friday at all. Unless you are home by like 4 mountain time. I hope Sunday is ok with you.

Just to let all you GAFers know. I turn 31 on Saturday. That's why I'm so cranky. Old guys get cranky. :D

hgplayer1

Truelize said:
CP this weekend is pretty busy for me. I will be able to play Saturday morning from 10 - 12 mountain time and then anytime on Sunday. But nothing on Friday at all. Unless you are home by like 4 mountain time. I hope Sunday is ok with you.

Just to let all you GAFers know. I turn 31 on Saturday. That's why I'm so cranky. Old guys get cranky. :D

Ill be older than you in November :(

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm up for a hip replacement next week and I just started taking arthritic medicine today. And will you youngans please turn down that darn music? :lol

Matrix

Man and here I thought being 25 was old....I feel like a newborn baby,thanks for the pick me up.

Ram I havent faced CK at all either,maybe I'll meet him in the superbowl....yea right :(

ramirez, originally i had scheduled you and ck to play. but CK said you guys couldn't connect so i had to switch our games (i was supposed to play bob, so instead i played you and got my ass handed to me and bob played ck)

Lonestar

holy shit, I'm going to be 26 in 2 1/2 months.

When am I going to move on with my life! When will is See the Sailboat?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
ramirez, originally i had scheduled you and ck to play. but CK said you guys couldn't connect so i had to switch our games (i was supposed to play bob, so instead i played you and got my ass handed to me and bob played ck)

Holy shit, sorry buddy. :(

Anytime anyone wants to play I am up fo the challenge, I have said this in this topic. I dunno when the heck I can find a time to play Ramirez though since I would have to disconnect my router. Since we last played in NBA 2K5, my family has gotten two more computers (making a total of 4 to compliment the xbox if I want to play), so if anyone other than me is at home they're on a computer. Fucking internet nerds.

Top Bottom