• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
try for sometime tomorrow?

Any idea when he's coming back? If it's by the beginning of the week... ;)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Lonestar said:
try for sometime tomorrow?

Any idea when he's coming back? If it's by the beginning of the week... ;)

I'm free tomorrow night past 9 pm eastern time.

HAHA I have no idea when hes coming back,dude you havent faced me this year,should be fun.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
we played an outside game, and you got by me by, well, can't remember, but was less than 7 points. And your a "cornerstone" member of this thing called Madden GAF. Tough game, against an already tough team.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Lonestar said:
we played an outside game, and you got by me by, well, can't remember, but was less than 7 points. And your a "cornerstone" member of this thing called Madden GAF. Tough game, against an already tough team.

:lol good memory,I think we played like the week it came out.

If you want to wait a extra day to see if DJ comes back its cool by me,this game is far more important for you.

Hey CP, I should be able to play you either sunday morning or not until Wednesday, but you do stay up pretty late if I remember correctly so we should be able to get our game in whenever we see each other on.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I dropped a rank spot when I didn't play and the team below me lost their game? How does that make sense?

I only complain cause I'M DEAD LAST.

True am cry.

Slo

Maybe around 10:00 PM central? The family and I are going to leave for a while this morning, and then football is on this afternoon.

That work?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CK’s Magical Mystery Tour continues. How will he be outplayed next but still pull out the win? Find out this week!!

Reason I am winning? Simple: +16 turnover differential with only 13 giveaways in 12 games (3 of those came in the last game), I've attempted only 97 third downs (lowest in the league), 17 sacks given up, and a 92% redzone conversion %. All that good stuff adds up.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
Reason I am winning? Simple: +16 turnover differential with only 13 giveaways in 12 games (3 of those came in the last game), I've attempted only 97 third downs (lowest in the league), 17 sacks given up, and a 92% redzone conversion %. All that good stuff adds up.
Field Position! I'm sure when you punt it's not to get rid of the ball it's to pin people down and when you get the ball it's a short field all the time. I wish there was a way to track that because i can say without a shadow of a doubt i have the worst start position and give up the best.

PS: When can we get a game in Wellie?

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
Field Position! I'm sure when you punt it's not to get rid of the ball it's to pin people down and when you get the ball it's a short field all the time. I wish there was a way to track that because i can say without a shadow of a doubt i have the worst start position and give up the best.

PS: When can we get a game in Wellie?

DCX

You around now? I'd love to play the Bills D ;)

True, if we can get our game in soon this morning that would be good. I'm leaving around 1:00pm to go watch the KC game with a friend. If we end up bbqing, or going out to grab food, I could be leaving even earlier. If not hopefully you can play tonight.

Drey1082

DCX said:
Drey i can play our game tonight or sometime tomorrow, whenever it's better for you.

DCX

Umm, our game may have to wait till later this week. I just moved and my internet won't get here till later this week. Luckly, i'm able to post, since i'm stealing a neighbor's wireless. Maybe i'll pick up a xbox wireless adapter sometime this week. and play the game soon.

Sorry guys, I'll keep you informed.

Slo

At this rate, I might as well retire from Madden forever. I'll be lucky if the Vikes are rated over 60 next year. :(

newsguy

GG Bob. My fins have gone to shit and so has the season. Madden is the most realistic football sim... and that's not a good thing for the Dolphins :(

Matrix

Texans have been harder to win with too :( I got blown out by the Ravens and only beat the Pats by 1 point,I'm going to need luck in the playoffs.

hgplayer1

GG Rors

first of all the Raiders got lucky to get out of that game with a win. all Dallas had to do was execute which they didnt.

second, you were way too predictable in that game in your passing game. not that I knew I was gonna get the INT on that one play but the defense I called was based on the fact that you were throwing to that side of the field the whole game almost.

that fumble I had almost killed me. I cant believe nobody caught your guy he wasnt even running that fast!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Jesus, I'll have to make another playoff post near the end of this league week. Things are getting mroe and more complicated.

Andokuky

Banned
I have a feeling that Colts game will come back to bite me in the ass. I was so sure there would be a tie if it ended tied after one OT.

Rorschach

hgplayer1 said:
second, you were way too predictable in that game in your passing game. not that I knew I was gonna get the INT on that one play but the defense I called was based on the fact that you were throwing to that side of the field the whole game almost.
IAWTP

Most of that game was right or middle. I usually prefer the right (for obvious reasons ;)), but that game was was incredibly predictable. I don't know why, but the made Porter fumble prone now. I may start Gabriel next game :X

I saw that Moss was double covered all game. My cone was on my TE and that's who I meant to throw it to, but I pushed B...

As I usually say with my Losses, I should have run more.

Also, Moss had 3 more drops. Take that, Droppy McDropsalot!

hgplayer1 said:
that fumble I had almost killed me. I cant believe nobody caught your guy he wasnt even running that fast!
Oh heh...yeah, the only guy near him was your right tackle, I think. Brayton isn't fast at all. I didn't expect him to run 60+ yards, but your guy was molasses.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
This will be the game that makes me quit Madden.

Well you have Moss, Porter, and Jordan. You could easily win.

I just wanted to announce that if Brandon Jacobs gets 89 more yards, I'll have two 1000 yard rushers on my team. :)

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Well you have Moss, Porter, and Jordan. You could easily win.

I just wanted to announce that if Brandon Jacobs gets 89 more yards, I'll have two 1000 yard rushers on my team. :)
You mean Droppy, Fumbly, and Jordan. Jordan rox.

DCX

DCX
Drey1082 said:
Umm, our game may have to wait till later this week. I just moved and my internet won't get here till later this week. Luckly, i'm able to post, since i'm stealing a neighbor's wireless. Maybe i'll pick up a xbox wireless adapter sometime this week. and play the game soon.

Sorry guys, I'll keep you informed.
No prob. Let me know.

DCX

JayFro

Banned
Cloudy said:
Jayfro, when do you want your win? :(

Konex,

I didn't get home til just now 9:45pm, I worked from 11am til 7pm today and had something come up after work. I can play 10pm tonight or anytime tomorrow because I have the day off. Let me know.

JayFro

Slo

Ando just got completely robbed on a bullshit PI call on the last play of the game.

Oh, and that game was living proof that the line spread should be banned, voted in or not. I used it in every passing situation and got sack after sack after sack. It's way overpowered.

Ando, don't know if you're pissed off or not, but GG. I mean shitty game on both sides, but GG anyway.

Edit: I only got 6 sacks total, and 3 of them were from blitzers, so maybe the line spread isn't as nasty as it seemed in the game.

Top Bottom