• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
edit- Laugh it up guys,but no one is giving any answers about the lob pass and thats what I want to know about :\ Do I lob the ball? Does throwing deep mean im lobbing the ball? Was I right about what a lob is? I guess I'll ask FMT instead.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Is Lobbing the ball illegal? Or do you mean Jump Pass?

I lobbed a B E A UTIFUL pass to Alexander for what was RIGHTLY the game winning catch. I say we need to redo our game Matrix, at least that's what the 8Ball told me to say.

DCX

DCX
Drey1082 said:
Yeah, i'm sorry about this. The move came at a bad time. Thursday evening should be good.
Ok good, i don't get oof of work til like 11:20pm so i will see you then...

DCX

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
edit- Laugh it up guys,but no one is giving any answers about the lob pass and thats what I want to know about :\ Do I lob the ball? Does throwing deep mean im lobbing the ball? Was I right about what a lob is? I guess I'll ask FMT instead.

I would think that a lob is more when you throw short slants and just chuck it high and hope the receiver goes and gets it. There are a lot of pass plays for TE's this way. And when I watch the Falcons on TV Vick throws lobs to Crumpler and Finneran a lot when they are in the redzone.
I don't know if you can call your long ball game lobs though. I could see someone thinking they look like lobs. But I wouldn't entirely call them leads just cause they look to get so much height. They are a combination of the two.
And the only thing I could ever think that is wrong with how you throw deep is that you are the only one that has figured out how to take advantage of how this game is programmed. That's more jealousy that spite.
There are ways to defend it. If you tattoo one of us with your "Deep Ball Mark of Shame" then that's our own fault. :)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Thanks for that reply True.

I loved how everyone thought it was funny I couldnt pass deep at the start of the year,practice pays off in this game :p

Two people in this league play very similar to me in the passing game and thats DM and Bob,why no one ever says shit about their passing game saddens me :lol

Matrix

Is Lobbing the ball illegal? Or do you mean Jump Pass?I lobbed a B E A UTIFUL pass to Alexander for what was RIGHTLY the game winning catch. I say we need to redo our game Matrix, at least that's what the 8Ball told me to say.

I guess I meant jump lob pass whatever the hell its called where you are defended by more than two guys and its a jump ball,I dont consider the lob you did to be cheap cause it was one on one coverage,it was a deep throw and you over threw Alexander and still caught it.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
although I really want this topic to die, i will say that a lob to me is when you tap the pass button and the ball is arched high and the parabla is deep..... that is a lob to me and is not cheese... its a talent.... cheese is when u run a quick slant and throw the ball high and the receiver jumps and catch it... that is 99 percent cheese... I hate anyone who plays like that and they can eat a dick.... i am done

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Malleymal said:
cheese is when u run a quick slant and throw the ball high and the receiver jumps and catch it... that is 99 percent cheese

OMG, I can't play you then, I like Quick Slants! That's not cheese, outside running with Portis and Stephen Davis, THAT'S DA CHEDDA.

Mrbob

Matrix said:
Thanks for that reply True.

I loved how everyone thought it was funny I couldnt pass deep at the start of the year,practice pays off in this game :p

Two people in this league play very similar to me in the passing game and thats DM and Bob,why no one ever says shit about their passing game saddens me :lol

That's because I don't have a QB who can complete a pass beyond 5 yards now. Moochball time.

Matrix

Wellington said:
I don't think Bob or DM play at all like Matrix.

Well when I play them they do,I have no idea how they play other people.I guess my comment was based on what its like when they play me,I figured DM was throwing deep to Galloway a lot this year against people cause he was doing it against me and Bob has always been pass first,run later,early in the season before his QB got hurt his stats didnt look like was playing moochball and he never told me he changed his passing style,cause I havent see it when we play against eachother.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
No one plays like you man.

DM might be able to throw long sometimes. But you will throw long on your first play of the game. And then your first play of your second possesion. :lol

Matrix

Truelize said:
No one plays like you man.

DM might be able to throw long sometimes. But you will throw long on your first play of the game. And then your first play of your second possesion. :lol

:lol Thats only against people I know I can do it too,look at my rushing stats this year,I have a balanced O attack.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Whenever you want to play bob just let me know... I am out of town on business but will be home weds night or thursday,,,,

hgplayer1

ColdBlooded33 said:
HG, let me know when you wanna play

hey change of plans. Im free the rest of the night. if you come back earlier and see this hit me up on AIM. otherwise I guess Ill see you at 9.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
GG HG, My Offence was clicking like it has the past couple games. Once again no Dropped passes always helps me.

The Chargers Tour of Destruction Runs through Green Bay! Your next Azyuma!

hgplayer1

ColdBlooded33 said:
GG HG, My Offence was clicking like it has the past couple games. Once again no Dropped passes always helps me.

The Chargers Tour of Destruction Runs through Green Bay! Your next Azyuma!

yeah gg. my DBs turned into retards this game. the one TD pass into the back of the end zone was straight to one of my guys, not sure if it was safety,LB,or CB, but he didnt react to it at all.

on on of your other TDs my DB dove for some reason and didnt even touch your receiver and that was that. there were a few other times were my guys just didnt react at all to the ball. I didnt feel like I had a chance really.

when Jones dropped that WIDE open pass in the flat where he probably would have picked up 15 yards, I knew I was gonna have to overcome some deep shit.

Gates didnt have one catch that whole game and I kept L.T. just under 100 yards and I still got blown out. I really didnt think I was going to get beaten by your passing game but thats exactly what happened. Brees completed 6 passes, 3 for TDs.

CB3

hgplayer1 said:
yeah gg. my DBs turned into retards this game. the one TD pass into the back of the end zone was straight to one of my guys, not sure if it was safety,LB,or CB, but he didnt react to it at all.

on on of your other TDs my DB dove for some reason and didnt even touch your receiver and that was that. there were a few other times were my guys just didnt react at all to the ball. I didnt feel like I had a chance really.

when Jones dropped that WIDE open pass in the flat where he probably would have picked up 15 yards, I knew I was gonna have to overcome some deep shit.

Gates didnt have one catch that whole game and I kept L.T. just under 100 yards and I still got blown out. I really didnt think I was going to get beaten by your passing game but thats exactly what happened. Brees completed 6 passes, 3 for TDs.

:lol Yeah Jones dropped like 3 passes, and the Fullback dropped another one if i remember correctly. I was just thinking damn i know what thats like

Yeah I much improved my passing game since earlier in the season. Its was one of those moments where shit just clicked and it was like ohhh... Thats how to pass, usually happens to me on every Football game in one way or another. Now im focused on exposing the GB Defence through the air.

Edit: Woo Slo! Thanks for beating Azyuma. Really helping me out in that Wild Card race.

Slo

Sorry Azyuma, everything just seemed to be stacked against you tonight. Good game though.

In other news: 7-7 baby! .500! Mediocrity never tasted so good!

CB3

Slo said:
Sorry Azyuma, everything just seemed to be stacked against you tonight. Good game though.

Here Here!

AZ Greg

Slo said:

Yeah, GG. Even if some of the things like O-line play and drops actually went my way I still would have lost. You completely out played me.

hgplayer1

ColdBlooded33 said:
:lol Yeah Jones dropped like 3 passes, and the Fullback dropped another one if i remember correctly. I was just thinking damn i know what thats like

Yeah I much improved my passing game since earlier in the season. Its was one of those moments where shit just clicked and it was like ohhh... Thats how to pass, usually happens to me on every Football game in one way or another. Now im focused on exposing the GB Defence through the air.

Edit: Woo Slo! Thanks for beating Azyuma. Really helping me out in that Wild Card race.

thats the thing though, you threw some passes right into coverage and got away with it, on the other hand I motioned Witten on one play just off the right side of the line and nobody was covering him. I then audibled him to run a shallow out and I snap the ball throw the pass and what do you know, the DB that was covering Keyshawn and had already moved with him three yards or so up the field, makes a perfect break on the pass and INTs it. I just dont see how I could have won on that play because if I wait, then Witten is more likely to get someone on him. to me this was just one of those games that felt decided before the first kick.

Fifty

edit: Nevermind, they're playing...Great. I'll advance late late tonight and people can play on wednesday (no point in wasting that day since the last two won't play till thursday)

JayFro

Banned
SloForce,

When can you play our week 15 game?

Lonestar,

When can you play our week 15 game?

JayFro

I can play both games tomorrow night back to back. I get off work at 9pm and could play one of you at 10pm and the other at 11pm. Let me know if either of those times work for you guys.

Can we unlock week 16 already to speed things up. That way we can have 2 games back to back. Get the playoffs and season 2 started sooner. :D
So yeah you know that way my Jets don't get downgraded anytime soon.

Edit: Meant to say 15 and 16.

JayFro

Banned
iceDragon7 said:
Can we unlock week 15 already to speed things up. That way we can have 2 games back to back. Get the playoffs and season 2 started sooner. :D
So yeah you know that way my Jets don't get downgraded anytime soon.

Week 15 was already unlocked.

why does the Upcoming matchup of the week have 9ers vs Eagles
but shows pictures of Chargers vs Cowboys?

Drey, after your Thursday night game, you'll be playing me right after.

Fifty

iceDragon7 said:
why does the Upcoming matchup of the week have 9ers vs Eagles
but shows pictures of Chargers vs Cowboys?

Because it's 3 in the morning. Glad to see someone reads them though. As for the rankings.....they'll get done. These are more fun so I do them first.

Matrix

Thats one bizzare tag Fifty o_O

Newsguy when would you like to play our week 15 game? Im free past 9 pm eastern tommorow nite.

KingV when would you like to face the Panthers in week 15? If I dont play my Texans game with newsguy tomorrow im free to play then or we can play after the game if you want? Im not free Thursday so if that doesnt work,is Friday anytime past 8 pm eastern time ok?

I'll be on aim both those nites around those times,so either reach me in here or on aim *adoubledg*

Top Bottom