• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.
ICE CUBE SAYS FUCK YOU!

icubefu3lj.jpg

KingV

Chalk another win up for the Saints! When you're 3-12 everyone win is a chance for celebration!

GG Matrix, that first quarter was crazy, 38 combined points in that quarter alone.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
KingV said:
Chalk another win up for the Saints! When you're 3-12 everyone win is a chance for celebration!

GG Matrix, that first quarter was crazy, 38 combined points in that quarter alone.

GG man,those fumbles were nuts,cost me big time.

You played a great game and owned the Panthers secondary.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
newsguy said:
Hey, I just got home. I can play at 12 eastern tomorrow night if you want.

Yea thats good.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I did respond Jay, probably 2 pages ago! You never responded! 10:30 PM EST is about as late as I want to start a game. Last night was Lost Night, so there went an hour anyway. Tonight should be open.

DJ_Tet

Banned
I'm back, and I thank Matrix for guiding the Panthers to a 2-1 record in my haitus. I have to say though, a 51-3 spread over the Saints followed by a 38-20 loss has to be the single biggest revenge game in the league.

I'll be available to play my week 16 game when the week advances.

DCX

DCX
Andokuky said:
DCX, when do you wanna beat me 30-3 in week 16 and crush my playoff hopes?
I'm off today, Drey said we was going to play week 14 today but i can play week 16 anytime you are ready.

DCX

Slo

newsguy said:
I play Matrix tonight, so sometime on Friday if you'd like.

Let's keep the schedule open. I'm hoping to go out Friday night, but if it falls through we can plan for that.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Now that I have stopped crying and the spells of cold-sweats and dizziness have stopped, I am a bit more apt to analyze what I did wrong in my match up against Ror.

I got away from my offensive gameplan because I fell behind by so much. He was up 28-10 at the half, and though I tried to make a game out of it, I just couldn't stop him on defense at all. We ended up scoring the same amount of points on offense, so I really can't blame my loss on the two fumbles and subsequent defensive touchdowns.

Problem was that my LBs played like their ratings. Never got off blocks, fell for PAs, and took horrible angles. My playcalling against both the pass and the run is such that it is supposed to alleviate the problem, but now I don't know! Frankly I am amazed that anyone was able to run that well at all on me. :( Oddly enough i kept Ror's passing game pretty well contained.

I threw an inconsequential int in the endzone, I scored that TD anyway, but I should not have thrown the int.

I converted what, 3 of 5 redzone opportunities? Not good.

By the way if you guys look at my stats and think that I cheesed Ror by throwing to Tiki and Shockey so much, I kept lining them up in different positions. Gotta put your best players in position to make a play, Tiki is useless to me blocking.

JayFro

Banned
Lonestar said:
I did respond Jay, probably 2 pages ago! You never responded! 10:30 PM EST is about as late as I want to start a game. Last night was Lost Night, so there went an hour anyway. Tonight should be open.

Woops, didn't see it. What about tonight 10pm central time?

JayFro

Lonestar

JayFro said:
Woops, didn't see it. What about tonight 10pm central time?

JayFro

Kinda Late (11 PM), I get up at 6 am. Already sleepy here at work, and it's only 2 pm. I'll try to make it on by then.

JayFro

Banned
Lonestar said:
Kinda Late (11 PM), I get up at 6 am. Already sleepy here at work, and it's only 2 pm. I'll try to make it on by then.

The earliest I can play is 9:30pm. I get off work at 9pm and it takes me 20 minutes to get home. I'll hop on as soon as I get home.

JayFro

newsguy

Slo said:
Let's keep the schedule open. I'm hoping to go out Friday night, but if it falls through we can plan for that.

No problem, Friday just fell through for me cause I got called in to work. 6 day work weeks = sucks ballsssssss

Andokuky

Banned
Yea you too. I definitely wouldn't have went for it on 4th and goal at the 1 if it wasn't the end of the game. I cannot stand that stupid angle it gives you for game winning FG's. Luckily I got it. I was worried Dayne would have to run it in :lol

Fifty

Whew....I just did the math, and while Ando can tie me if I lost both of my final two games....he can't win the division thanks to the tiebreaker system (h2h record then conference record, which I lead 8-7) he'll probably get a wildcard but I'm safe at least :D

Andokuky

Banned
If it is division then divisional record is the #2 tiebreaker and then "common games" is the #3 tiebreaker.

Though I sould be 5-1 in division play :(

Fifty

Here are the tiebreaker conditions

"The following tie-breakers are applied:

1. Head-to-head record
2. Best division record (if same division)
3. Best record among common opponents
4. Best conference record (if same conference)

These are the current first 4 tiebreakers for the NFL. At some point these tie-breakers will be configurable."

This could get tricky. We're 1-1....and both are 4-2 in the division record....so it'll go to common opponents. That's too confusing to do right now but once we figure that out we'll know if you actually have a chance at winning the division. :lol

Andokuky

Banned
Fifty said:
Here are the tiebreaker conditions

"The following tie-breakers are applied:

1. Head-to-head record
2. Best division record (if same division)
3. Best record among common opponents
4. Best conference record (if same conference)

These are the current first 4 tiebreakers for the NFL. At some point these tie-breakers will be configurable."

This could get tricky. We're 1-1....and both are 4-2 in the division record....so it'll go to common opponents. That's too confusing to do right now but once we figure that out we'll know if you actually have a chance at winning the division. :lol

1. Tied 1-1
2. Tied 4-2
3. If you lose both of your remaining games to Indy and GB, your record among common opponents would be 6-4, the same as mine. The only difference between us if you drop your last two would be that I beat the Chargers and lost to the Texans while you beat the Texans and lost to the Chargers.
4. The worst you could finish in the AFC if you drop the last two is 9-3 while I will improve to 8-4 when week 16 is over. Thus, you have already won the division.

Maybe I am mistaken but I think that I am safe and have clinched a spot. The only question is whether or not the Colts will finish 10-6 and knock me down to the last playoff spot. The only other two teams who can match my 10-6 record are the Queefs who I beat earlier in the season and the Dolphins, but I think I'd win the tiebreaker with a superior conference record. Maybe not though, I'm not sure on the tiebreaker rules for non-conference opponents. Then you have the Bears who can potentially finish 11-5 and get the #1 WC spot. So I guess I could play anyone from Houston, to Baltimore or Chicago.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Oooookay. Apparently my D really DID get that bad. DCX almost steam rolled me by putting up 31 points, NONE on defensive TDs. Luckily I scored 34. ;) I know the weak link, and I'll have to lab it up.

The roster updated rotated Green, my LB who is actually GOOD, to riding the bench. Garbage.

Matrix

Ive noticed they downgraded the Texans D too,its so easy to run on my team now,which isnt shocking but Im screwed cause it wasnt good to begin with anyway.I'm also dropping way to many passes now,its gonna be a quick exit for me in the playoffs...unless I get better,which I dont think I can at this point unless I play the game 24/7.

DCX

DCX
The Bills must be getting worse then if the rosters are updated :( Not that i need help getting worst :) Drey hit me dawg!

DCX

newsguy

Matrix, the Braves Astros game is on Fox tonight (my station's affiliate) so we're doing the show after the game. My estimated time to get home is between 12:30 and 1:00 am now. Is it still cool to play?

Matrix

Yea newsguy thats fine...I'll be on aim around then,hit me up when you're ready.

*adoubledg*

Fifty

He just moved and his last post says he'll be playing thursday....let's give him a day and see what the deal is. :lol My last two games are with Drey and Azyuma, both of whom are out of contact right now.

newsguy

GG Matrix. I see what you mean about the roster update. Definitely not the team I played a few weeks back. Now I need Bob to win or I'm back on the bubble.

AZ Greg

Fifty said:
Az.....let's play! I see you're on Halo....and AIM, but mobile AIM so you're not responding. :( Get back to me

Sorry I'm in a bit of a jam. I attend a university about 3 1/2 hours away from home, and yesterday (wed.) I had the oppurtunity to get a ride home from a friend so I took it. Meaning I can't play until I get back to my dorm where Madden is. I will either be back Sat. or Sun depending on when my friend is ready to go back. I hope that doesn't cause problems.

The good thing though is that my gamertag is on my bros Xbox, thats why I was able to play Halo 2, so if I'm able to rent Madden tomm. we can get our game in, if its in stock at the rental store.

Lonestar

Wellington said:
I don't think anyone should take over a team that's in playoff contention. That'd be too fucked up against the owner.

O RLY?

Jay, I did fall asleep last night, and yeah, Tonight should be ok. I do have relatives coming into town, but that shouldn't matter. Always want to show Grandma that I can cuss like a sailor.

Drey1082

Fifty said:
He just moved and his last post says he'll be playing thursday....let's give him a day and see what the deal is. :lol My last two games are with Drey and Azyuma, both of whom are out of contact right now.

I appologize again guys, My roomate took a two hour lunch break for the cable to get setup, which it did. But, thanks to comcast's amazing service, we were unable to get it setup on either of our computers. So we call tech support. It appears that our account has not yet been activiated, and we have to talk to billing, which was closed at the time. So I'm going to try again today. And it sucks, because not only can't I play my games, I can't reply on this thread to tell you what's going on.

Anyways, i'm going to try to get this going again today. If I can get it today, i'll reply on this thread, and whomever I need to play.

Otherwise, if i haven't posted by tomorrow morning, just give me the losses.

Sorry guys,

DCX

DCX
Drey1082 said:
I appologize again guys, My roomate took a two hour lunch break for the cable to get setup, which it did. But, thanks to comcast's amazing service, we were unable to get it setup on either of our computers. So we call tech support. It appears that our account has not yet been activiated, and we have to talk to billing, which was closed at the time. So I'm going to try again today. And it sucks, because not only can't I play my games, I can't reply on this thread to tell you what's going on.

Anyways, i'm going to try to get this going again today. If I can get it today, i'll reply on this thread, and whomever I need to play.

Otherwise, if i haven't posted by tomorrow morning, just give me the losses.

Sorry guys,
I don't want a win that way. Trsut me i try to earn as much as i can...not to mention i'm a stat whore and i need so many yards to get McGahee to 1000 yards this season...can't do it if we don't play ;) Maybe you can have someone take your team over and if you make the playoffs you can resume then....just a suggestion.

DCX

Fifty

Az....You don't need to rent Madden. I can wait till then. If ours was the last game I'd say do it, but I can wait till sat/sun and play Drey when he's ready (good luck!) Everyone else who doesn't have such a good excuse should be playing soon though

Yeah, I prefer not to win with a forfeit. You and MalleyMal are the only 2 people to have scored 21 points against me. I would like to see another good game between us Drey. Give your internet until Sunday morning at least. I just moved on Monday also but still come to my old home to use internet :)

Fifty

There are four games left.....but two are with Az and Drey...Once KC/CHI and NE/SEA play (ideally tonight but it's friday so I understand) we'll be formally advancing.

newsguy

iceDragon7 said:
Yeah, I prefer not to win with a forfeit. You and MalleyMal are the only 2 people to have scored 21 points against me.

Nick Saban just called and wants to remind you that the 1 on the right column belongs to him. Kthx.

Lonestar

Yeah Jay, I see no problem with that. It's Friday night, and I plan to skip work tomorrow. I've work the last 4 or 5 Saturdays. NO MORE.

Top Bottom