• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official All-Encompassing Guitar Hero SUPER THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porkepik

After playing drums a bit in GH5 I don't find the drum engine that much different from GHWT. The white bass drum line is a major plus tough.
I passed 2 minutes to midnight on it and went into the red only once so it must still be pretty forgiving, I'm not able to use OD without screwing myself so when I play drums in GH it is a matter of I do it or I fail miserably, In rock band I have the OD to help me a bit in the harder songs.

The level of 2M2M (7 or 8 I don't remember) is probably the MAx I can do on drum on expert in GH5

Baker

Banned
Man I just played drums for awhile and the AC was off since it's work time on a Monday. I am moist.

As for Porkepik's comment, I dunno. I think the bass pedal timing is actually lest forgiving than RB. I'm finding that I can't "lead" into it and more something you have to react to than feel.

hpim2229d.jpg

robot

I noticed a GH: World Tour bundle at Target today, featuring 2 wireless guitars and the game for $45. Since I haven't played a GH game since GH2, and my daughter is slowly getting into videogames it seemed like a good time to give the genre another shot. Lots of fun so far, just tried Quick Play and the set list seems limited but I'm guessing I need to unlock tracks in Career Mode?

A few questions since all of the versions and dl content out there is overwhelming to say the least.

- Will GH3 or GH5 dlc work on World Tour and vice versa (I'm guessing no)?
- Is GH3 worth picking up at this point or should I just get GH5?
- Does the World Tour guitar work with Rock Band games?

robot said:
- Will GH3 or GH5 dlc work on World Tour and vice versa (I'm guessing no)?
- Is GH3 worth picking up at this point or should I just get GH5?
- Does the World Tour guitar work with Rock Band games?

GH3 DLC won't work with WT. GH5 DLC won't work with WT. Any DLC you buy for GHWT will work for GH5 if you buy that game in the future, but as of now you have no more DLC being released for your game.

GH3 is very divisive. The difficulty curve is all fucked up, and it's considered by most people to be pretty difficult. I'd probably avoid.

Yes.

GHWT DLC works with GH5. Death Magnetic album DLC works in GH3, GHWT, GHM, and I think GH5.
GH3 is better than GHWT even if it's only guitar. Plus it's pretty cheap now.
The GH guitars work in pretty much every game for that system.
Also there is an all songs unlocked code for GHWT.

birdman

DuckRacer said:
I thought it was kind of fun to play, but mediocre to listen to.

The riff plays like Painkiller, which is awesome when you get it 100%, but I can't bear myself to play through it more than I have to. It's been coming up recently in quickplay online games, and I'm not a fan of it.

Magik

The amount of players online is pretty damn sad even though the game just came out last week.

Its basically impossible to find people in any mode other than Pro-Face Off and even in Pro-Face Off, its mainly Guitar Players and a few Drummers.

birdman

I've always found it slightly humorous that when on the GH5 launch on the PS3 all you get are the bullet points for the game. They did the exact same thing with each game since World Tour at least.

Magik said:
The amount of players online is pretty damn sad even though the game just came out last week.

Its basically impossible to find people in any mode other than Pro-Face Off and even in Pro-Face Off, its mainly Guitar Players and a few Drummers.

I know, I hardly find anybody playing any other game mode.

Xevren

Weird you're having issues finding people Magik, I never had a problem finding anyone in any mode. Granted they're pretty much always guitarists but still.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
i haven't played gh5 yet, but i'm guessing you have to find players from a certain game mode? i would assume that you could create a lobby and pick your game mode from there.

I just got destroyed by Corkscrewblow. But for what it's worth, it's 4am here, I'm tired, and I've been messing with my lag settings :(

Plus I suck

Mileena

Banned
I just got Death Magnetic, play with me Dave (or anyone else)
And that will teach you not to take pics of silly PFOs anymore :)

DuckRacer

Magik said:

When I was playing GH5 I could reliably get into Rockfest matches. That and PFO were the only modes that actually found people, though, and I'm a guitarist.

Natakuu

Banned
I'd be up for playing (I can get most any of the vox or drum challenges done), but for some reason during a thunderstorm the other night my college lost the ability to patch my 360 through the network now, so I have no idea what's up with that or when I'll get it working again :(

Edit: Ugh, ignore the horrid grammar. I'm running off of no sleep right now:lol

Mileena

Banned
Bulls on Parade sucked, Testify sucked, Guerilla Radio sucked, Killing in the Name was decent. His style of guitar doesn't translate well into plastic guitar. I'll only get them if the charts are good but all of those songs are awful. I wonder why he thought it would sound good to have a rapper as a vocalist in a rock band.

Baker

Banned
Oh by the way...

I used those free Gamestop points to buy the GH guitar avatar thing. HUGE fucking rip off.

Even in the dashboard, it does exactly the same thing as the marketplace preview. The guitar pops up, you head bang for two seconds, and then it disappears for good. I have no idea why they made it act so stupid after charging $3 or whatever for it.

Magik

DuckRacer said:
When I was playing GH5 I could reliably get into Rockfest matches. That and PFO were the only modes that actually found people, though, and I'm a guitarist.

I've only been able to get into one Rockfest mode out of the dozens of tries.

Whats strange is I have no trouble finding players of all difficulties in Career, its just Competitive where it becomes such a waste of time. :(

Rockfest is always easy to get in to for me.

The problem is stuff is really segmented in GH's online userbase. Career, Quickplay, Pro Face Off, Rockfest, Team Rockfest, Band Vs. Band. I think that's all the different modes.

epmode

So what's the best guitar I can get these days? I need a new one for the Beatles game and I wasn't impressed with the older Rock Band guitars.

Preferably one I can buy new and not through Ebay or whatever.

edit: My GH3 guitar is much better than the Rock Band one but it sometimes has trouble recognizing fret presses.

epmode said:
So what's the best guitar I can get these days? I need a new one for the Beatles game and I wasn't impressed with the older Rock Band guitars.

edit: My GH3 guitar is much better than the Rock Band one but it sometimes has trouble recognizing fret presses.

The GH5 one.

Baker

Banned
Don't care about any of the Sept dlc. Hell, I don't think I've ever cared about GH dlc.

I have 1979, Tomorrow, and that free pack with Chimaira.

epmode said:

Have you tried THIS? Worked wonders for my Les Paul.

LakeEarth

Got a new disk and I'm playing the game again. Schizoid Man is sweet, I'm sad that the game had to freeze once I beat the game, thus losing the "end credits" affect of that song. But it's still sweet. I'm still iffy on the song list, it seems like they tried to balance the songs you never heard of with the songs you've heard a million times. Very few songs where I've heard of the song, but haven't OVERheard them. The actual engine is great though.

Cahill

Banned
AndyMoogle said:
Have you tried THIS? Worked wonders for my Les Paul.

I, unlike others, hated the WT (bought two of them) and both RB 1 and 2 guitars. I still use my Les Pauls and this is the trick that always saves them. Without it, they're useless. Still need to try a GH5 guitar and see how it is but for me the LP's are perfect.

If you do this, it should work fine again and stop dropping notes on you. Occasionally, they'll act up a bit and I have to redo the paper, but it only takes a minute to fix. I heard there's a permanent solder trick but I haven't looked it up yet.

LakeEarth said:
Got a new disk and I'm playing the game again. Schizoid Man is sweet, I'm sad that the game had to freeze once I beat the game, thus losing the "end credits" affect of that song. But it's still sweet. I'm still iffy on the song list, it seems like they tried to balance the songs you never heard of with the songs you've heard a million times. Very few songs where I've heard of the song, but haven't OVERheard them. The actual engine is great though.

The setlist is kinda weird. I don't think it's any worse than the other games (GH2 still has the highest consistency level, obviously), there's as many songs I like playing as there are in most music games. The choices are just weird though.

Got my new guitar. It's pretty perfect. Louder than my WT guitar, but that strum bar just feels so good.

I got a code for two Rolling Stones songs, if anybody wants them and isn't a lurker, PM me :D

TheGreatDave said:
Got my new guitar. It's pretty perfect. Louder than my WT guitar, but that strum bar just feels so good.

I got a code for two Rolling Stones songs, if anybody wants them and isn't a lurker, PM me :D

They tried to deliver mine this morning... WHEN THERE WAS NO-ONE HOME FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS WEEK!!!

Gotta pick it up tomorrow :(

So, is the new guitar as good as I'm hoping?

What were the 2 free songs? Were they set or can you choose?

I just got given a code to go through a website. Once there, I ended up with two codes, no idea which songs they're for.

Guitar is very nice. If you've had a WT guitar you'll not be shocked or anything, but it's a nice refinement of that guitar. The slide panel is actually usable now too.

TheGreatDave said:
I just got given a code to go through a website. Once there, I ended up with two codes, no idea which songs they're for.

Guitar is very nice. If you've had a WT guitar you'll not be shocked or anything, but it's a nice refinement of that guitar. The slide panel is actually usable now too.

I'm tempted to beg for the code, but don't wanna risk wasting it on songs I might already get, as I won't be able to get any points for a while and could put the songs to good use.

I liked the WT guitar, but hate the knob with the guide button in that is also the d-pad. Can't wait till tomorrow now!

Oh, it says on the little cardboard thing, you get Prodigal Son and You Gotta Move.

Prodigal Son is easily one of the worst songs I've ever played on plastic guitar, and You Gotta Move doesn't have a drum or bass part. Great job, Activision!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom