• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official All-Encompassing Guitar Hero SUPER THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natakuu

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
I hate that too.

And WTF, I just got 100% on a song, but didn't get the diamond award for hitting a certain number of HOPOs. It was In The Meantime by Spacehog.

Cool song, though.

*edit* OH GOD, I missed two notes on Demon(s) bass, and I didn't get Diamond for hitting X number of open notes. Fuck my life
You have to hit all of the open notes, if you miss one just restart.

I only messed up once, I didn't even realise I'd missed an open note. BAH.

Just got a -1 on Incinerate. Love that song.

I think I'm gonna be on 705 stars forever.

sneaky77

TheGreatDave said:
I only messed up once, I didn't even realise I'd missed an open note. BAH.

Just got a -1 on Incinerate. Love that song.

I think I'm gonna be on 705 stars forever.

You already have 705 stars?

Xevren

I'd like PFO if everyone didn't choose DYFLWD. Don't get me wrong I like the song but it's too long to want to play that often. This is getting ridiculous, someone always picks it! It's definitely the new TTFAF.

Only 4 people were left at the end, but I won. I had 31 points, dude in second had 17. BOW DOWN.

And I actually like Two Minutes To Midnight. Mainly cos it's not overcharted like in RB.

Baker

Banned
I played party mode for over an hour tonight and it was actually pretty fun. It was really hard to disregard any competitive spirit I possess though.

The only real problem is after playing so long, I don't really give a shit about any of the songs anymore.

Oh, and public service announcement: DO NOT LOG OUT OF YOUR GAMERTAG WHILE IN CAREER TO SWITCH INSTRUMENTS. I played the drums for about an hour to unlock all its challenges. My buddy came over so I signed out to switch over to guitar. A big window came up that nicely said some shit like "Since you signed out, all progress in the previous session has not been saved. Press green to return to the main menu."

birdman

Xevren said:
I'd like PFO if everyone didn't choose DYFLWD. Don't get me wrong I like the song but it's too long to want to play that often. This is getting ridiculous, someone always picks it! It's definitely the new TTFAF.

I actually stayed away from it when playing online tonight because I didn't want to be the douche who picks the 10 minute song. Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks that.

chogidogs

i just bought the guitar hero 5 guitar bundle but i don't the rest of the instruments. would you guys recommend me waiting for band hero to complete my set or just get world tour?

Natakuu

Banned
chogidogs said:
i just bought the guitar hero 5 guitar bundle but i don't the rest of the instruments. would you guys recommend me waiting for band hero to complete my set or just get world tour?
My best advice would be to buy the world tour set now as it's discounted down to $99 I believe. Then when Band Hero comes out if you want you can pick it up as a standalone title. The improvement in the drums aren't that significant as far as I know.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
What else do you currently own in terms of games? Because....you know....RB2 is better than all this. If you are going to play that then I suggest getting the RB2 bundle. The drums play best with the games they were made for though, so if you don't want RB then just get the GH:WT bundle.

chogidogs

NameGenerated said:
What else do you currently own in terms of games? Because....you know....RB2 is better than all this. If you are going to play that then I suggest getting the RB2 bundle. The drums play best with the games they were made for though, so if you don't want RB then just get the GH:WT bundle.

makes sense :) but i kinda want the guitar hero drums for the extra toms though., if not for that, i would have no problems getting the rb set right now

ahhhhhrg, can't decide!!!

RB2 drums suck in GH. GH drums suck in RB.

The GH5 drums look like a fairly significant update to me. I'd wait for them, or Band Hero. Activision have started referring to Band Hero instruments as their own entity, so perhaps there will be some small cosmetic differences between them.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
TheGreatDave said:
RB2 drums suck in GH. GH drums suck in RB.

The GH5 drums look like a fairly significant update to me. I'd wait.
What GH5 drums? Do you mean the Band Hero drums with the innovative round cymbals?

Archie said:
What GH5 drums? Do you mean the Band Hero drums with the innovative round cymbals?

They're Guitar Hero drums according to Red Octane. But they've since took down the blog post they first showed them off in...

1082732-gh5drums_super.jpg

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
TheGreatDave said:
They're Guitar Hero drums according to Red Octane. But they've since took down the blog post they first showed them off in...
Don't care unless they fixed the foot pedal.

Xevren

Sorry Dave, no desire to play DYFLWD after all the PFO bullshit with that song. Didn't have much time before I needed to go out anyway. Negative points for lowering your difficulty for a bass challenge :p

I need an all star team to get me my 10 million points challenge! Any drummers willing to put up with DYFLWD sometime in a few hours, let me know.

I have to stop for a bit anyway. Thanks for helping me get more lovely stars, guys <3

*edit* I was playing the final challenge a lot cos I like the stage, maybe that got you the achievement?

Xevren

Playing the Spirit of Radio challenge I think. Would probably be easier on Sultans of Swings since it's such a long chord fest. DYFLWD just gets so fucking boring.

Xevren said:
Playing the Spirit of Radio challenge I think. Would probably be easier on Sultans of Swings since it's such a long chord fest. DYFLWD just gets so fucking boring.
Ok, I'll do that. Next time people are online I'll spam the shit out of them until they join me in my quest.

Everybody gets the stars and "secret" character though, so it's win win!

Xevren

Multi is pretty cool now at least, I still have issues with a few things though. My fret board is just too small on some things and I have issues reading things, the worst is the band moments because it's impossible to read hammer on's on them unless you know from playing the song before. I really wish I could change the star power color, I really struggle reading things when it's active.

Apparently you can.

(PS2 exclusive)

Band Moments just look shitty. I like the idea though, though sometimes you hit them and then you have no notes for awhile.

Xevren

I saw that PS2 has the code and got really really pissed off :p

They need to do a better job on charting band moments, so many songs have it so that it's just a couple sustains after the moment. Why bother with crap like that?

Magik

Xevren said:
Multi is pretty cool now at least, I still have issues with a few things though. My fret board is just too small on some things and I have issues reading things, the worst is the band moments because it's impossible to read hammer on's on them unless you know from playing the song before. I really wish I could change the star power color, I really struggle reading things when it's active.

Wow, I thought I was the only one who had trouble with Band Moments and Hammer-on's.

Grecco

chogidogs said:

Wait till Band Hero.

Xevren said:
I saw that PS2 has the code and got really really pissed off :p

They need to do a better job on charting band moments, so many songs have it so that it's just a couple sustains after the moment. Why bother with crap like that?
Agreed. I guess it's hard to make sure all instruments are accounted for for a 30 second period, but smh.

It's the hammer ons during BM's that are the biggest problem though.

Xevren

We should do some achievement runs on some of the dumber ones though, like 4x bass/mic/drums and crap. Can just hook them up play one song then switch or something. Also have the standard band ones too. Just have to communicate and send some messages.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I don't understand the OP:

So, you will be able to play your previous DLC, and import World Tour and SHits in to GH5 or Band Hero...

...but you can't import Band Hero in to GH5, or vice-versa?

So you still need 2 games, right? Will Band Hero and GH5 DLC work with both games, or just the intended game? Is Band Hero even getting DLC?

Fucking hell, this shit is confusing.

Grecco

cjelly said:

So, you will be able to play your previous DLC, and import World Tour and SHits in to GH5 or Band Hero...

So you still need 2 games, right? Will Band Hero and GH5 DLC work with both games, or just the intended game? Is Band Hero even getting DLC?

You can import Band Hero to GH5. Dont know if you can the other way around

sneaky77

cjelly said:

all the dlc, wt and sh will work on both and there was a rumor that band hero will be exportable.

Magik

Xevren said:
We should do some achievement runs on some of the dumber ones though, like 4x bass/mic/drums and crap. Can just hook them up play one song then switch or something. Also have the standard band ones too. Just have to communicate and send some messages.

Sounds like a good idea, we just need to figure out a day and time where there will be enough of us on at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom