• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official All-Encompassing Guitar Hero SUPER THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to take back what I said about Spirit Of Radio. Now my fingers have learned what to do, it's an awesome song. One of the best in the game.

Xevren

I like the song, and I can do the zig zag riff, I just don't care to play it. Kind of the same with a lot of the songs that are really repetitive.

Also, the 5 star cutoff for DYFLWD with 4 guitarists is 9.5 million, so getting 10 million on it should be cake if we can find capable guitarists. Drummers can even make more points but I don't even know anyone that plays drums in GH games.

Mo The Hawk has been playing with me a bit, he's good. We need to borrow BBG for a bit too to double our hard drum challenges odds.

Xevren

In all honestly I doubt I'll be keeping this game either. I love the online but either the calibration or the engine itself makes me hate it. I will probably sell it and keep GH 3 and WT while playing RB 2. I'll give it a week or two, I really want to like it but usually every time I turn off the game it's from getting pissed off.

Natakuu

Banned
Xevren said:
I like the song, and I can do the zig zag riff, I just don't care to play it. Kind of the same with a lot of the songs that are really repetitive.

Also, the 5 star cutoff for DYFLWD with 4 guitarists is 9.5 million, so getting 10 million on it should be cake if we can find capable guitarists. Drummers can even make more points but I don't even know anyone that plays drums in GH games.
I do, drums are my main instrument. The only problem is my drums are severely fucked up. I still use them, they just drop notes from time to time, the red pad is literally taped on, ect.:lol

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
plagiarize said:
so Guitar Hero 5 was a total hit at the party.

just thought you'd all be over the moon to hear that.

It's a mainline GH game, of course it did. :p

KaYotiX

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
I'd like to take back what I said about Spirit Of Radio. Now my fingers have learned what to do, it's an awesome song. One of the best in the game.

You said something bad about RUSH?? BEGONE WITH YOU!!!!!!

The song is epic!!! Glad to see you saw the light.

EDIT: GH5 was fun but i sent it back to Gamefly....online was actually really good. Only thing i hated was when i did vocals ppl would just choose vocal challenges everytime.

Xevren said:
In all honestly I doubt I'll be keeping this game either. I love the online but either the calibration or the engine itself makes me hate it. I will probably sell it and keep GH 3 and WT while playing RB 2. I'll give it a week or two, I really want to like it but usually every time I turn off the game it's from getting pissed off.

Comparing my WT and GH5 calibration, there's 13ms of extra audio lag in GH5 compared to GHWT. Not sure how common that same difference is, but I just played a song in both games and it felt pretty much the same.

Also; if anybody wants to see shoddy animation scripting, sing 2 Minutes To Midnight. The guitarist keeps appearing and disappearing and switching stage positions on the fly.

Same. I've scraped through most the vocal challenges, but I don't have a drum kit here so I'm kinda stuck needing other people.

I've got 750-ish stars. I've figured out if I FC every song left in the game (which I can do on Easy no problem, obviously) I can probably get the 808 stars achievement. It's just a case of wanting to play easy mode for hours.

Magik

Okay, fuck these whammy challenges. They are absolutely fucking bullshit. I whammy every single fucking sustain on Lonely is the Night and I'm still short. THE FUCK?

Xevren

I had to go pretty hard on the whammy bar for it to get credit because if I just barely move it the challenge meter wouldn't rise at all. I think I'm going to go ahead and sell this game.

Magik

I still haven't gotten diamond on that fucking Coldplay song. I absolutely fucking HATE that song so every time I have to play that song and eventually not get Diamond makes my blood boil like you can not imagine. Fuck Coldplay.

birdman

I feel like one of the few people who really enjoys the game, apart from the bullshit combo breaks on guitar that seems to happen during all my challenges.

Xevren

They should tie challenges to difficulty just to stop wankers from changing difficulties for the easy way out :p

Xevren said:
They should tie challenges to difficulty just to stop wankers from changing difficulties for the easy way out :p

Ideally, you'd pick your instrument before career mode, and then all the challenges would be related to your instrument.

Some of them are capped by their nature. Like "hit x number of open notes" on that Demon(s) song. Man, wish I could do that on easy :(

Xevren

Yea you have to hit them all, most of the open note challenges for bass require you to hit them all to get the diamond. The Thrice song is like that too.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
I think i want to finally play gh ps3 online, have every single one but due to time differences i barely played with friends, since im in euroland it sucks i cant play with USA gaffers cause im +/-6 hrs in the future :p

+/- 1 week left till i get it! \o/

Depends on the mode. Pro Face Off, I find games pretty quickly. Rockfest, usually doesn't take too long. Band Vs. Band, no way. Career/Quickplay can take awhile too.

Uncle AJ

Not sure how available I'll be today, lots of schoolwork to wrap up, plus a two-hour drive from here back to my apartment. But if you ever catch me on drums, I suppose I can endure one more DYFLWD session.

Dave just uses me to pad out his star total whenever he sees me playing on Vox. :lol I actually love singing What I Got, but still can't find some of those pitches. And sorry about Fame, I didn't know that one at all.

Speaking into the mic causes the mic icon thingy in the top left corner of my character's screen to flash red... does that mean it's communicating through XBL? Could you hear me through that thing, or do I gotta have the 360 headset plugged into the controller?

Also, when people have mics, Team Rockfest is one of the most fun things ever.

Baker

Banned
I would almost bet money that there is no difference between Medium and Hard vocals. I dropped down last night and did just as awful as ever. I can't believe the requirements for some of those phrase combo ones.

Mo the Hawk said:
Not sure how available I'll be today, lots of schoolwork to wrap up, plus a two-hour drive from here back to my apartment. But if you ever catch me on drums, I suppose I can endure one more DYFLWD session.

Dave just uses me to pad out his star total whenever he sees me playing on Vox. :lol I actually love singing What I Got, but still can't find some of those pitches. And sorry about Fame, I didn't know that one at all.

Speaking into the mic causes the mic icon thingy in the top left corner of my character's screen to flash red... does that mean it's communicating through XBL? Could you hear me through that thing, or do I gotta have the 360 headset plugged into the controller?

Also, when people have mics, Team Rockfest is one of the most fun things ever.

I assume that vocal challenge songs are the most fun for singers. I was doing up a favour!

The Fame challenge is such a bitch. I got Platinum on it myself, Diamond just seems too difficult. And I hate having to play the whole song to attempt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom