• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts Thread

Glix

BobFromPikeCreek said:
This is why I'm not buying any of Humba's blueprints. I'd rather be sure I get all the parts instead of having a long list of crappy vehicles I'll never use.

I bought one, just to get the achievement. I have no use for someone else blueprints, making my own is the best part! :D

Glix said:
I bought one, just to get the achievement. I have no use for someone else blueprints, making my own is the best part! :D

Hm. Probably a smart idea. I should focus on the parts first and the blueprints last. Probably don't need a Union Jack on wheels.

I'm fine. I have 100 notes left to get (I thought it was completed when I scanned the stats page).

...and yeah, I think I used the biggest bribe and I have all the Boggy upgrades.

Yeah that sounds right. I think I heard somewhere that there are 30 more notes in the game than the cost of everything in it combined, so as long as you don't spend more than 30 on cop bribes you should be ok.

This game is so fun. I know it's subjective, but I don't see how anyone could prefer straight platforming to the vehicle creator. I love 3D platformers, but I think the genre is quite stale and if this had been just a by the numbers sequel, it probably would have been fun but a bit boring. Instead we got something totally unique. It's really fantastic. I just built my first airplane last night and being able to fly around the levels is SO COOL. If you're on the fence about this game, don't be! If it holds up through out the entire duration, I can see it easily being in my top five games for the 360.

soco

Jugendstil said:
This game is so fun. I know it's subjective, but I don't see how anyone could prefer straight platforming to the vehicle creator. I love 3D platformers, but I think the genre is quite stale and if this had been just a by the numbers sequel, it probably would have been fun but a bit boring. Instead we got something totally unique. It's really fantastic. I just built my first airplane last night and being able to fly around the levels is SO COOL. If you're on the fence about this game, don't be! If it holds up through out the entire duration, I can see it easily being in my top five games for the 360.

if it had been a by-the-numbers sequel it would've been panned even more than this was. the gameplay just doesn't hold up as some people seem to remember.

JSnake

I feel like a cheating bastard and at the same time, such a genius. :lol

OK you know the long jump challenge in Act 1 of The Jiggoseum? Yeah I was having real trouble with that one. Was racking my brain over it all night last night. This morning, I had a crazy idea. I made a vehicle that was literally just a chair with a spring underneath it. At the start of the challenge, I hopped out of the vehicle and brought it over to the end of the ramp with Kazooie's wrench. I placed it properly on the floor, hit the button and went flying. I ricocheted all around the arena, got two achievements (!), and ended up with a score of 612, netting the Notes, the Jiggy, and the TT Trophy.

It was so awesome. BenjaminBirdie, I sent you that replay of the whole thing so take a look. :)

I have all bar one note now and all my items. :)

I can't find this last note in logbox for the life of me though. I even looked at a list of where they were supposed to be and checked every one.

JSnake said:

OK you know the long jump challenge in Act 1 of The Jiggoseum? Yeah I was having real trouble with that one. Was racking my brain over it all night last night. This morning, I had a crazy idea. I made a vehicle that was literally just a chair with a spring underneath it. At the start of the challenge, I hopped out of the vehicle and brought it over to the end of the ramp with Kazooie's wrench. I placed it properly on the floor, hit the button and went flying. I ricocheted all around the arena, got two achievements (!), and ended up with a score of 612, netting the Notes, the Jiggy, and the TT Trophy.

It was so awesome. BenjaminBirdie, I sent you that replay of the whole thing so take a look. :)

I cannot WAIT to see that.

Ahh yes. If you're going for the TT I have no suggestion other than keep trying until you get it. If you're going for the jiggy, just concentrate on hitting the blue/green bubbles and don't worry so much about the reds.

goldenpp72

oh I got the jiggy, ive been doing the TT for about an hour. I have 92 trophies im not gonna give up. I was just hoping there was a way to make the aiming not shitty.

goldenpp72 said:
oh I got the jiggy, ive been doing the TT for about an hour. I have 92 trophies im not gonna give up. I was just hoping there was a way to make the aiming not shitty.
Not as far as I'm aware. What's your best score so far?

Psychotext said:
I can't find this last note in logbox for the life of me though. I even looked at a list of where they were supposed to be and checked every one.
Same! I think Logbox might be glitched. I have 199/200 and I swear I've looked everywhere.

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Same! I think Logbox might be glitched. I have 199/200 and I swear I've looked everywhere.
That's pretty odd. I'd go around holding the right trigger but you can't get to most places unless you're in a vehicle.

ruffles

JSnake said:

Can I see it too? GT is rcarroyo

goldenpp72

game complete, 35 hours and all jiggies/notes/boxes/etc. Just need to achievement hunt the rest. Is there an alt ending since you can't bank the last jiggy until you win?

It's funny because I know for a fact that I got that one single note mentioned in that list. I'll go through that list in a couple weeks when I'm not drowning in assignments.

Also, Rare, please add an option to remove the goofy tux when you also patch the text size. :(

ruffles said:
Do notes change/appear differently in every act?

No. They're the same across all six. Everything else is new, though, including those rascally Jingos.

(I did a Jingo Strength challenge on Nutty Acres that was actually pretty fucking tough!)

Brashnir

JSnake said:

Nice idea. The game in general seems to encourage you to feel like you're cheating - I think that's the whole point.

I finally beat the game just a little while ago. The last couple challenges were really cool, but it seemed a bit ridiculous how much damage some of
Grunty's vehicles could absorb before crediting you with a win. I think the "Fortress" one was the easiest, even though it should have taken the most effort.

Still can't get to those ghost crates. Not sure if I'm going to continue playing this game or move on to one of the ones I haven't beaten yet.

It's so damn great to see this thread thriving. I hope the fact that this thread is holding on and continuing on will convince some more people to get the game.

BobFromPikeCreek said:
It's funny because I know for a fact that I got that one single note mentioned in that list. I'll go through that list in a couple weeks when I'm not drowning in assignments.
There's a good chance you missed the exact same one I did. On the grey heat sinks you'll see some on the top / some inside... well I didn't realise that the lowest heatsink had an inside too (the entrance is on the opposite side to the others). Going over them all pressing the right trigger off and on eventually showed the note up for me. :D

I must say that I'm really disappointed that the game doesn't seem to acknowledge 100% complete even slightly. :(

watkinzez

Okay, the Nutty Acres challenge that takes your throttle control away is exactly what I wanted from this game. It hit the balance between needing both creativity in the editor and skill in using your vehicle. I hope there's more like it.

Thermite

How in the world do you get on top of the buildings to collect the notes in the Terrarium of Terror area? And, for that matter, how do you get up to collect the Jiggies from the Jig-O-Vend after you complete the quests in Terrarium of Terror?

Chris R

I can't be the only person who hates the Jiggy throw missions... Hated it in the demo, and Can't do it now in the Acre level... :(

watkinzez

Thermite said:
How in the world do you get on top of the buildings to collect the notes in the Terrarium of Terror area? And, for that matter, how do you get up to collect the Jiggies from the Jig-O-Vend after you complete the quests in Terrarium of Terror?

There's a pipe leading up one of the buildings, and the Jig-O-Vend should be right in that cul-de-sac. I don't remember it being in a closed off area.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
watkinzez said:
Okay, the Nutty Acres challenge that takes your throttle control away is exactly what I wanted from this game. It hit the balance between needing both creativity in the editor and skill in using your vehicle. I hope there's more like it.
I really liked that one too.

Also, how are you guys getting your screenshots? I took mine from Banjo-Kazooie.com and its a really bad quality small image...

Top Bottom