• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts Thread

soco

rhfb said:
I can't be the only person who hates the Jiggy throw missions... Hated it in the demo, and Can't do it now in the Acre level... :(

the jinjo throw missions ? are you referring to the one on top of the volcano? have you tried
a fast vehicle with bumpers on the front?

Brashnir

Digital Limit said:
Oh, do the bumpers make it easier?

I've always used Fulgor's Fist.

And now two fists, aptly naming the saved vehicle "The Double-Fister".

Springs work best, actually (once you get them)

snaildog

I'm kinda stuck getting the game ball into the socket to open up the 4th level (whatever's after Banjoland; got the spring). I can see that it has to roll down that huge pipe, and I've got to where the pipe starts on the roof, but the entry to the pipe is closed off. Could someone give me a tip please?

Brashnir

snaildog said:
I'm kinda stuck getting the game ball into the socket to open up the 4th level (whatever's after Banjoland; got the spring). I can see that it has to roll down that huge pipe, and I've got to where the pipe starts on the roof, but the entry to the pipe is closed off. Could someone give me a tip please?

There's a crane nearby with a magnet on the end of it.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
snaildog said:

Attach the ball to the metal crane; it's like a magnet, it'll suck it in.

Then go to the top of the controls for the crane, push X, keep spinning LS until the ball is in place, push X to release. Somewhere in there you'll profit from something.

snaildog

Ah cool, thanks guys. You wouldn't believe the effort I went to to get the damn ball up there manually, in my car, only to end in failure :(

Brashnir

snaildog said:
Ah cool, thanks guys. You wouldn't believe the effort I went to to get the damn ball up there manually, in my car, only to end in failure :(

I did the same thing. It's amazing how much easier it is to get up there with later kart upgrades.

Fantastical said:
Also, how are you guys getting your screenshots? I took mine from Banjo-Kazooie.com and its a really bad quality small image...
Use internet explorer and click the image to download the 720p original.

Digital Limit said:
Firefox can download the 720p image as well...
Wasn't working for a bunch of people. Possibly by virtue of having various addons installed. You're usually better off sticking to IE on MS sites anyway... they have a nasty habit of barely working at all on anything else. :lol

KevinCow

Banned
For the Jinjo throwing challenges, I basically made a cannon. Made a sort of tube, stuck springs at the bottom inside the tube, and made the wheels at the front lower than the wheels at the back so it would be angled.

Like this, if it makes sense:

-----|
-----|o
|
o

Then I loaded the Jinjo into it with Kazooie's wrench, drove as fast as I could and activated the springs at the last moment. Worked great.

I bet this guy's contraption would work well too, maybe even better than mine.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
HOLY SHIT I JUST TT'ED THAT FUCKING UFO SHOOTING CHALLENGE IN THE TERRORIUM.

It would have been a fun mission if the requirments weren't so high. As it stands now I'm disappointed Rare included it in such a difficult form, it works in a completely contrary nature to the mechanics of the rest of the game.

I'm hoping the later missions don't resort to the old cliche of making everything needlessly difficult. After having such a brilliant experience with the game so far (60 or so jiggies) the last thing I need now is for my experience to be soured by some unfair challenges.

Thermite

watkinzez said:
There's a pipe leading up one of the buildings, and the Jig-O-Vend should be right in that cul-de-sac. I don't remember it being in a closed off area.

Ah. Thank you so much, dude. I spent at least an hour or two trying to find a way to get up on top of there. I can't believe I never noticed that pipe there; must have drove past it at least a hundred times. :lol

Mohonky

Thermite said:
Ah. Thank you so much, dude. I spent at least an hour or two trying to find a way to get up on top of there. I can't believe I never noticed that pipe there; must have drove past it at least a hundred times. :lol

So I just started and I'm a little confused as to what i should be doing, the games structure is a little ambiguous. It just sort of says 'oh hey, here's a jiggy, now you should know what you're doing so go do it!!'

I went to Nutty acres, did some Klungo mission, found two Jingo's and did there little missions and now ummm....are there more characters there to find for missions or what? The game doesn't do a great job of actually pointing out what it's trying to be at this point.

Mohonky said:
So I just started and I'm a little confused as to what i should be doing, the games structure is a little ambiguous. It just sort of says 'oh hey, here's a jiggy, now you should know what you're doing so go do it!!'

I went to Nutty acres, did some Klungo mission, found two Jingo's and did there little missions and now ummm....are there more characters there to find for missions or what? The game doesn't do a great job of actually pointing out what it's trying to be at this point.

It told you to take your Jiggies to the bank in Showdown Town. You shouldn't have any questions after that.

:D

Thermite

Mohonky said:

Hm? Before you go into an Act for each World there is a pop up that will tell you how many Jiggies, Jinjos, Notes and Trophy Thomas Trophies there are to collect for that specific act..

Pizza Luigi said:
Where's the key for the Jinjo Jail at Boggy's Gym?

It's up on top of the building(s) where you get into the different Acts for the Jiggoseum world.

Mohonky

BenjaminBirdie said:
It told you to take your Jiggies to the bank in Showdown Town. You shouldn't have any questions after that.

:D

So it seems. Would be nice if it listed Jingo challenges also.

Mohonky said:

If what did? When you stand in front of the doorway before you go in it shows you all of those things. The only thing that carries over between acts is notes.

JSnake

Hehe, I just made Logbox 720 my bitch. Got every single Jiggy. :D

Well except for the TT trophies. Still needa get those. Still though! Man I love this game. 61 Jiggies and no sign of slowing down.

soco

Mohonky said:

you can also see all your jinjo challenges, as well as trophies and everything else by going up to visit trophy thomas and talking to him. although i think that if you enter into a match through him, none of the jinjos will appear for that act, but at least you can see what you're missing.

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
I should be able to play this tomorrow. I'm going home to my parent's place for Thanksgiving and they've got a HDTV(I've been waiting for the patch). I'm pretty excited : )

Wizpig

dejay said:
It's very readable on my LCD at 720p, and it's 24". If in doubt, try the demo.
Thanks, because i'm playing the game on a much bigger TV but i want to put the 360 on my actual TV [23''] again.

hulot

Thermite said:
Treasure Trove Cove
Gobi's Valley
Freezeezy Peak
Mad Monster Mansion (two on this world)
Rusty Bucket Bay
Click Clock Wood

200/200 in BK and all Stop and Swop. If I can get Left 4 Dead out of the drive, I'll go check out the new crates in N&B.

Pizza Luigi said:
Where's the key for the Jinjo Jail at Boggy's Gym?

On top of the building that you dropped the Jiggoseum ball into, where all the doors for that level are.

Wiggum2007

My problem isn't the text size, but how fast the text disappears. The LB trick doesn't seem to work in some of the cutscenes, and it's really annoying.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
I'm having a lot of trouble right now for one of the Jiggy missions in Banjoland Act 5.

You're supposed to help bottles collect the herd of sheep and put them in the target area. It took me about two or three tries to realize that using sticky ball would help a lot, but even then not only does my copter control like utter SHIT (including Humba's Copter w/sticky ball), but it doesn't seem to go as fast as I made the vehicle to go with all the engines and what not.

Anyone have a good vehicle they can recommend me for that jiggy mission?

AND

how do I view the leaderboards so I can watch the replay for these missions?

One option for that one is making an utterly massive cage and flying the sheep to and fro. Another is putting a large collector on the front of your vehicle and pushing them to the exit.

Large bin + large bin + giant pole walls. You can get every sheep in a matter of two trips. That's how I did it. A sticky ball would not be a good idea. It's too slow of a process.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
BobFromPikeCreek said:
Large bin + large bin + giant pole walls. You can get every sheep in a matter of two trips. That's how I did it. A sticky ball would not be a good idea. It's too slow of a process.

Haha, this is EXACTLY what I did. Made the poles as long as possible too. The vehicle is HUGE. :lol

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
BobFromPikeCreek said:

Giant pole walls?

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
WOW! This game is a graphical beast. It looked good on my SDTV but I never thought it would look this much better on a HDTV. Updated Spiral Mountain is probably the most impressive looking area I've seen in a game this gen.

I only played for an hour and I didn't even go into the first world. I've just been exploring the little part of Showdown Town I have access to and been getting all the notes and boxes. I went to the top of LOG's tower and that was quite a sight. The amount of in-jokes and humor is incredible. I can already tell that I'm going to love this game a lot, & I haven't even experimented with vehicle creation.

Top Bottom