• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts Thread

Kuroyume

Banned
Any advice on the Banjo land strength achievement? I jumped off the bell on the top and I didn't get anything.

Btw, I managed to complete level 4 of Klungo saves the world today. :lol That game is amazing. Lol at the instructions. I just need the fifth level to open up.

[Nintex]

Kuroyume said:
Any advice on the Banjo land strength achievement? I jumped off the bell on the top and I didn't get anything.

Btw, I managed to complete level 4 of Klungo saves the world today. :lol That game is amazing. Lol at the instructions. I just need the fifth level to open up.
Just build a really heavy vehicle and crash on top of the button.

Domino Theory said:
No, underneath the lighthouse is a small hill that goes up that takes you to one single crate. But underneath all that (you can find this by driving to the side of it in the water), there's a small window and on the other side of the window is a Showdown Town jiggy bank that gives you a free jiggy. I just don't know how to make it in there. :(
Oh, that thing. There's an underwater tunnel nearby. Can't remember where the entrance is though.

Thermite

FUCK. I cannot complete the Jinjo Hurling Challenge on the last act for Jiggoseum. The highest I've gotten is 415. (You need to get at least 450) Any tips?

MThanded said:
Where can i get this game for the best price?

Anywhere. It's $40, dude. ;P

Edit: Beat.

Thermite said:
FUCK. I cannot complete the Jinjo Hurling Challenge on the last act for Jiggoesum. The highest I've gotten is 415. (You need to get at least 450) Any tips?
Go back a couple of pages, there's a machine design there which hurls balls both forward and upward. That would do it.

I did it by using a boot in a box pretty much first time around.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Kuroyume said:

:D
the fifth one is a lot easier than the forth

Thermite

Psychotext said:
Go back a couple of pages, there's a machine design there which hurls balls both forward and upward. That would do it.

I did it by using a boot in a box pretty much first time around.

Think I found it, thanks.

Glix

Kuroyume said:

That last jump in 4 is a BITCH!!! I've never wished for a "save state" so badly. :(

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I just unlocked Spiral Mountain. This game is fucking ace.

Is there anything I should do before I take on the final challenges? Can I come back out when I'm done and get the rest of the jiggies?

Glix

Rez>You said:
I just unlocked Spiral Mountain. This game is fucking ace.

Is there anything I should do before I take on the final challenges? Can I come back out when I'm done and get the rest of the jiggies?

Get the BURN GRUNTY achievement if you haven't yet. You will NOT be able to once you do the final challenge.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Glix said:
Get the BURN GRUNTY achievement if you haven't yet. You will NOT be able to once you do the final challenge.
Already got it by accident. :lol

I'll do some more random challenges for fun, and then I'll head back to Spiral Mountain.

Thanks. :)

Woffls

[Nintex] said:
Just build a really heavy vehicle and crash on top of the button.

I tried that first, then i just put some jets on something and flew into it real quick :p

Got "Loose Change" yesterday. Am very near 131 Jiggys. I have a handful of trophies to get now, they're annoying ones like the Saucer of Peril and that stupid blowing up balloons with a spike copter one.

<3 this game. After getting all the Jiggys i will look for the last few crates and some Minjos and maybe venture online.

I left a game globe on the docks area and went to do some challenges, when I came back it's gone! No marker on the map nothing! I can't even get a new one from the top hill.

Uh oh...

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
L0st Id3ntity said:
I left a game globe on the docks area and went to do some challenges, when I came back it's gone! No marker on the map nothing! I can't even get a new one from the top hill.

Uh oh...

Did you try hitting the switch that dispenses the game globes?

hulot

L0st Id3ntity said:

Uh oh...
Are you sure it's not stuck to the giant magnet on a crane? Have you unlocked Jiggoseum yet? Look up when you're on the docks, should be there if you drove around with a globe in the area.

painey

L0st Id3ntity said:
HOLY SHIT! :lol

My bad, it's actually there... thanks.

yeah.. this along with "crashing" arcade game that forces you to restart a level and Logbox "graphical errors" when you hit GPU units are prime examples of real shitty game design. Lucky theres so few of these moments though.

painey said:
yeah.. this along with "crashing" arcade game that forces you to restart a level and Logbox "graphical errors" when you hit GPU units are prime examples of real shitty game design. Lucky theres so few of these moments though.

Yeah, I kind of don't mind those things...

Wiggum2007

painey said:

What? Those were prime examples of awesome game design!

Also, I just built a monster truck, with a cockpit that ejects, extends a set of wings, and flies away as the rest of the truck self-destructs.

I love this game.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
painey said:
Totally disagree. They're examples of very clever game design.

So I got my first Stop N Swop egg from BKX and I was reminded of WHY I FUCKING HATE PLATFORMERS.

No, the jumps to get to the top of that mountain weren't THAT hard but fucking hell, doing the same tenuous move over and over again with no hope of improving anything, just praying you can get the button presses right.

FUCK.

Give me a hovering gyro or some shit that, if it's not doing exactly what I want, let me fucking tweak it a bit until it does.

God I love Nuts & Bolts so much more than that frustrating shit, man.

But, I got my fuzzy dice.

:D

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Is there a list of what the Stop N Swop rewards are in N&B? I got all of them in BK, and I'm wondering what I can look forward to once that text patch hits.

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
I got through the second act of Nutty Acres & the game is fantastic. I've gotten all TT Trophies on all the challenges so far, but they've all been pretty easy. Nutty Acres looks super awesome, but those gruntbots get kind of annoying - They're a bit too feisty for my taste. I built a few vehicles and most of them succeeded pretty well. I don't have enough parts to make anything super cool yet, but hopefully I will in time. I can't wait to get the sticky tires so I can get out and explore the rest of Showdown Town : )

Mejilan said:
Is there a list of what the Stop N Swop rewards are in N&B? I got all of them in BK, and I'm wondering what I can look forward to once that text patch hits.
Don't expect much.

Kuroyume

Banned
http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/22789

1up finally... FINALLY covers Banjo: N&B on their video site. I don't know why they didn't have it on the 1up Show instead of having a weekly Tomb Raider segment or MK vs DC last week... Anyway, Anthony does a great job talking about the game. The other guy brought up some really stupid complaints but I understand that he was just filling a role. I wish that some of the video footage was better or that they discussed the writing/humor in the game, but nonetheless I thought it was an decent discussion of the game.

painey

is there a trick to popping the big floating Dino? I find it almost impossible to aim at his 15 patches let alone do it in a set time.. im not missing some big alternative like cutting the chain or something am i?

Cj70 said:
I built a giant flying box and sat on it for the whole time lol that way is probably more fun though :D
Yeah, that was what I did the first time, but for some reason I couldn't get a perfect score that way.

Ohhh damn.

I knew something was wrong. My Yellow Minjo somehow ran far enough away from the docks that it became the fucking Orange Minjo.

Now I have no Yellow Minjo!

:(

Jonsoncao

Banned
i just had one question: were to find minjos? i only locked one minjo whos running near the town center, were are the rest of them?

Kuroyume

Banned
CitizenCope said:
Saw an HD commercial for BK:N&B yesterday. It was entirely in game footage.
Just WOW at the graphics!!
Santa can't come soon enough.:lol

You need to see Nutty Acres at night... It looks INSANE.

Kuroyume

Banned
Jonsoncao said:
i just had one question: were to find minjos? i only locked one minjo whos running near the town center, were are the rest of them?

You know that pier near the police station? It's right near Boggy's gym. I was stacking some of the boxes on there and one of the boxes broke and a Minjo jumped out of it. :lol

Edit: Fuck... I could just have edited my last reply.

Mifune

Mehmber
Oh my, I just got the
spring
upgrade for my Showdown ShitBox (thanks BB) and I never want to leave this town again! The design of this place is just brilliant.

Showdown Town best hub world ever?

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Over 4hours played, and only 18 jiggy :lol

Im spending too much time building stuff, even with the limited pieces available right now. So much fun.

Top Bottom