• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts Thread

hulot

BenjaminBirdie said:
Jingo Bingo bucks are included in that total, right?
All possible notes, from physically collecting to Jinjo Bingo to challenge rewards.

Jonsoncao said:
wat is black market jiggies....i must have been missing sth here, am i ?
You can buy 5 jiggies from Jolly Dodger in Showdown Town.

Thermite

cjelly said:
You can pay that guy who'll get rid of them for a while.

Kind of pointless, though. The bribes don't last very long from what I've heard. I've always just destroyed the patrol vehicles with my wrench and now, that I've got it, the laser. :p

Hootie

Ok so I just played the demo for about 5 minutes and then turned it off.

What exactly is this game? Like, what genre is it? What are the main gameplay features?

Sydle

Hootie said:

What exactly is this game? Like, what genre is it? What are the main gameplay features?

The main feature is the vehicle editor -- allowing you to create your own (often better if you're not rubbish) vehicles to complete challenges. If you can' t fathom why building your own solution to a challenge is satisfying then it's probably not for you.

Paco said:
The main feature is the vehicle editor -- allowing you to create your own (often better if you're not rubbish) vehicles to complete challenges. If you can' t fathom why building your own solution to a challenge is satisfying then it's probably not for you.

Also, the demo is Grade R rubbish.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
BenjaminBirdie said:
Also, the demo is Grade R rubbish.

Yeah, the demo is not a good indicator of the game's quality. If your interested in the idea at all, buy the game. It's worth it (just read the responses in this thread: "I didn't like the demo, but since I had pre-ordered, I went ahead and bought the game. Now, I love it").

dejay

Banned
Hootie said:

In a nutshell:

There's a hub world with a fair bit of platforming and from this you can access "challenge" worlds in which you complete mostly vehicular challenges in order to collect jiggies, which help you unlock other worlds. Through the game you collect parts crates in which you'll find parts to build vehicles to your own design or to blueprints that find or buy in the game. You'll need different vehicles to pass certain challenges, which is where the creative, Lego-esque vehicle building comes into play, especially if you want to do well in the challenges (getting a trophy in a challenge is harder than just passing a challenge).

Now, if you'd spent more than five minutes in the demo you would have found this out. I've probably spent more time on a reply than you devoted to the demo. I'm not sure why I bothered really.

Still no copies for sale in my area! Either they didn't print enough or its selling out as soon as it is available. Same with Tomb Raider Underworld.

Thermite

Fuck the Saucer of Peril and it's absurdly high score needed to get the T.T. Trophy!

mwtmzb.gif

Woffls said:
I used that trick for the stupid reverse steering car :D
jump out, rebuild it, car goes fast and turns properly ;p

Ok knowing that the target is 425 is very helpful because it means i'm very close and just need a good run. On 418 so far, thanks a bunch :)

Also - WHERE THE FUNK do I find Minjo's pls? I have one, but the remaining 5 I have never seen.

Also, how'd you make the car turn correctly? I swapped the wheels with no result.

dirtmonkey37 said:
Yeah, the demo is not a good indicator of the game's quality. If your interested in the idea at all, buy the game. It's worth it (just read the responses in this thread: "I didn't like the demo, but since I had pre-ordered, I went ahead and bought the game. Now, I love it").

Or rent if you're not sure. :p

Sydle

Wizpig said:

I played through it about 5 times, each time getting all of the available parts and then building vehicles to play around. Consequently, I was quite bored with Banjoland in the full game.

BobFromPikeCreek said:
3ish more days until I'm free from assignment-maggedon and can play again. :( I want to get all the jiggies so bad.

It gets hard, bro. I beat the final boss and now I've kind of hit a wall. The remaining challenges available when you're at 75 are fucking CRAZY hard.

Bodom78

Finally picked up the game a few days ago and wow, such a great game.

It seems so large in scope, I don't think I will ever get all the collectibles :(

BenjaminBirdie said:
It gets hard, bro. I beat the final boss and now I've kind of hit a wall. The remaining challenges available when you're at 75 are fucking CRAZY hard.
I think I left off at 90 and, yeah, it was definitely getting tough. I spent for-fucking-ever on that log's choice motorcycle challenge in Banjoland.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
BobFromPikeCreek said:
I think I left off at 90 and, yeah, it was definitely getting tough. I spent for-fucking-ever on that log's choice motorcycle challenge in Banjoland.
The one where you do flips and stuff?
I find it really helps if you look at the leaderboard replays. Not even to get the blueprints of vehicles, but just to see a challenge in a new way, ex. taking the nut sucking (^_^) device to the nuts instead of bringing the nuts to the sucking device.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
How do you watch leaderboard replays? I've never been able to work it out.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Rez>You said:
How do you watch leaderboard replays? I've never been able to work it out.
you cant watch the replay while doing the mission or in the end summary of the mission

as long as not in the middle of a mission, start->leaderboard->choose a mission->press Y :D

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Jonsoncao said:
you cant watch the replay while doing the mission or in the end summary of the mission

as long as not in the middle of a mission, start->leaderboard->choose a mission->press Y :D
Ah I see. Thanks.

Tobor

Tobor said:
My first stab at a replica. Thoughts?

BE87D3B11408FA6E53A8.jpg

You can't tell from the photo, but I have working phasers, photon torpedoes(well torpedoes anyway), and a perfectly operational saucer separation.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Tobor said:
My first stab at a replica. Thoughts?

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb83/Tobor_bucket/BE87D3B11408FA6E53A8.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Nice work. I need to get on making some unique shit.

Tobor

Rez>You said:
Nice work. I need to get on making some unique shit.

Thanks, it reminds me of playing with my Construx set as a kid, if anyone remembers that. Very relaxing. I have some other ideas as well I'll work on.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Hooooooly shit, I made it to #6 on one of the Jiggoseum jiggy leaderboards. :D :D :D

My replay + blueprint are up if anyone needs help with it (It's Act 6 of Jiggoseum; "Up to the Orche")

Edit: Forgot to mention my GT so you guys can find it :p. It's Oml3t.

Gowans

ok guys I need a hand.

I have done everything I can upto this point

I have a world orb stuck to a magnet in showdown town (I can see some grates I need to roll it down to get it in place)

How?

Rlan

Gowans007 said:
ok guys I need a hand.

I have a world orb stuck to a magnet in showdown town (I can see some grates I need to roll it down to get it in place)

How?

The crane holding it is ontop of an island in the middle of the water. To get up the islands ramp you need to have a Shopping Trolley with Floaters on them, which you get by beating Grunty's LogBox 720 level I believe.

Thermite

Gowans007 said:
ok guys I need a hand.

How?

Go to the biggest crane in the very back of the pier area and use its controls at the top.

Edit: Beat.

Gowans

on the long jump challenge I was sure this beast would work but the wings made it fly of teh ramp, it crashed and the detached did nowt :lol LOVE THIS GAME

bf486f4a1408fb8e39ec729.jpg

Gowans

Psychotext said:
lol... I came up with so many utterly broken solutions to that challenge.

yeah finally did it with a detachable heavy seat on the top.

Got the dominos one to do later, cant wait :lol

Sydle

Psychotext said:
lol... I came up with so many utterly broken solutions to that challenge.

Me too. Turns out
using only a spring worked out best, easily netting me the TT Trophy with a score of 1000+.

The domino challenge, on the other hand, still has me stumped as far as getting the TT Trophy. I thought dropping a self-destruct in the middle of them would work, nope. I then thought dropping a self-destruct with body parts on it to create a shrapnel effect would work, nope. I think I'm going to build a huge vehicle with a self-destruct in it and land it right in the middle. Should do the trick, no?

Anyway, love this game.

Woffls

Digital Limit said:
Also, how'd you make the car turn correctly? I swapped the wheels with no result.

I'm not sure which part it is that makes it reverse, I don't think it's any bit in particular, just a property that the vehicle has. So what I did was take off the bottom two rails with the fuel attached, threw them on the floor, and did the same with the large engine, seat and a couple of poles. Then rebuild the stuff bit by bit and it should drive in the right direction. It's twitchy though, because of the big engine, so it might be worth adding some extra blocks on for weight and aerodynamics.

I DID have a spare code but I gave it away in a compo for our website and the muppet who won hasn't acknowledged that i've sent it yet =(

I got my 131st Jiggy last night, you don't need ALL the trophys, so you don't have to get the retarded Saucer of Peril one :D I'm still 7 points off on that >_<

Also, i'm missing some crates, do stop n swop ones count?

Oliver.S

After 40 hours playtime, I must say, that the game is to long. They seriously ran out of good ideas with this new concept.
The last Grunty fight and the three minutes long ending were both disappointing.

My goodness I'm at 85 jiggies and shit is getting mad hard. I finally unlocked Act 6 of the Jiggoseum! Yay! Three out of five of the challenges are fuck hard! Boo!

Oliver.S

BenjaminBirdie said:
My goodness I'm at 85 jiggies and shit is getting mad hard. I finally unlocked Act 6 of the Jiggoseum! Yay! Three out of five of the challenges are fuck hard! Boo!
Seriously? I found this game way to easy.

JSnake

BenjaminBirdie said:

Yeah, I have 81 Jiggies and I've hit a wall. Haven't earned a single Jiggy in days. :(

Tobor

BenjaminBirdie said:

Some of the later "Log's Choice" challenges are just brutal. I scrape by to get the jiggy, but how are you supposed to get the TT trophy for some of these?

A ha ha!!

YES!!

91 Jiggies!!

FULLY pimped Shitbox!!

Nutty Acres. ALL JIGGIES.
LogBox. ALL JIGGIES. (God damn, you have to build the Joystick/Dice/Cards like a fucking CAR. Banjo game, you are a dick.)
Jiggoseum. ALL JIGGIES. (I just scraped by on that reverse one. Pro Tip: Turn your controller upside down! :D Yeah, I couldn't figure out how to re-reverse the steering through building. Sorry.)

And I think I have all the Banjo Land jiggies, but I haven't checked in a while.

And wow, those Ghost Boxes (Hi, Warren Ellis!) are so fucking worth it. They're...SUPER!

:D

Top Bottom