• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts Thread

Mohonky

Kandrick said:
Over 4hours played, and only 18 jiggy :lol

Im spending too much time building stuff, even with the limited pieces available right now. So much fun.

I reckon I would have spent that just running around the town square and hub. I've been trying to get everything I can as I go through the game but theres some stuff I definitely can't get to as yet. I assume I will eventually get a flying upgrade for my town vehicle or some sort of way of getting to inaccessible roofs.

Oh and the red doors, huh?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Mifune said:
Oh my, I just got the
spring
upgrade for my Showdown ShitBox (thanks BB) and I never want to leave this town again! The design of this place is just brilliant.

Showdown Town best hub world ever?
I think so. The majority of the time I've spent in the game has been there. It's just so much fun.

Jonsoncao said:
if you accidentally hit the egg a little bit then its not perfect
Yeah, which is why I grabbed it and went directly upward for the full 1000. The first couple of times I tried the grab and run technique I smashed it all over the place pulling it out of the compound. :lol

Man, Grunty's final battle is mad hard.

For those who beat it, is that the final upgrade for the Shitbox?

Also, anyone got any Blooprents? Because, man, the Go Anywhere stocked with a jet and four Grenade Guns is good for the first few parts, but she handles shit against the Final Form.

soco

i don't know if i'd call them traditional but there are some boss-like fighting missions, but they ares still just missions.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Man, Grunty's final battle is mad hard.

For those who beat it, is that the final upgrade for the Shitbox?

Also, anyone got any Blooprents? Because, man, the Go Anywhere stocked with a jet and four Grenade Guns is good for the first few parts, but she handles shit against the Final Form.

The final battle was suuuuuuper easy. My vehicle only had 2 homing rockets and I just spammed them at her shit in each mode and it went down easily.

Just a quick question: where do I unlock the laser?

I figured it'd be room four of Terrarium of Terror, but apparently not?

painey said:
is there a trick to popping the big floating Dino? I find it almost impossible to aim at his 15 patches let alone do it in a set time.. im not missing some big alternative like cutting the chain or something am i?

The trick is to use the right weapons, specifically Torpedile and Clockwork Kaz.

The former makes up for your terrible accuracy, and the latter will just kill patches on its own.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Digital Limit said:

The trick is to use the right weapons, specifically Torpedile and Clockwork Kaz.

The former makes up for your terrible accuracy, and the latter will just kill patches on its own.

Laser is unlocked at the Jiggoseum World.

Act 5, I believe.

Sean

Banned
Digital Limit said:

I just got it recently in Act 5 of Jiggoseum (58 Jiggies to unlock I think?).

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Quick question : the notes in this Banjo game are mainly used to just buy the elements/blueprints from the shop right ?

GAK!

So I beat Grunty in Spiral Mountain, but I didn't get the final upgrade! Will I still be able to do the Grunty Battle in Terrarium?!?

AGH O NO

(Great ending, though! Hawr!!)

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Damn, some challenges where they force the vehicle on you, are so ridiculous. They probably made the shittiest vehicle ever to handle just to piss you off, and its working :lol

Thermite

Kandrick said:
Quick question : the notes in this Banjo game are mainly used to just buy the elements/blueprints from the shop right ?

Yeah. The only use for Notes is buying blueprints, vehicle parts, and upgrades for Banjo.

You can still get the upgrade. All the Grunty challenges are still there. She's just no longer in town, so if you haven't gotten the Burn the Witch achievement yet you've missed out.

I think that's the only thing you can miss, and it's only an achievement, not something important like fuzzy dice.

Rummy Bunnz said:
You can still get the upgrade. All the Grunty challenges are still there. She's just no longer in town, so if you haven't gotten the Burn the Witch achievement yet you've missed out.

I think that's the only thing you can miss, and it's only an achievement, not something important like fuzzy dice.

Oh my god, thank you!

:lol

Banjo. It's a better driving game. It's a better sandbox game. It doesn't punish you for driving fast or recklessly. If you don't care for the way vehicles handle there are plenty of ways you can remedy that through tinkering. Its missions are faster paced, lacking filler (no 'drive here, then drive there, then start the mission' bullshit), all have leaderboards and time trials, and the game does not punish you for approaching things in a way the developers did not intend - Banjo is totally OK with you cheating 2 win.

I truly disliked GTA4, but Birdie here is one of the biggest Niko boosters on the forum and I do believe he's said Banjo's shot to the very top of his GOTY list. So buy Banjo!

Rummy Bunnz said:
Banjo. It's a better driving game. It's a better sandbox game. It doesn't punish you for driving fast or recklessly. If you don't care for the way vehicles handle there are plenty of ways you can remedy that through tinkering. Its missions are faster paced, lacking filler (no 'drive here, then drive there, then start the mission' bullshit), all have leaderboards and time trials, and the game does not punish you for approaching things in a way the developers did not intend - Banjo is totally OK with you cheating 2 win.

I truly disliked GTA4, but Birdie here is one of the biggest Niko boosters on the forum and I do believe he's said Banjo's shot to the very top of his GOTY list. So buy Banjo!

Yeah. I love GTA4 to fucking death, but I still love Banjo more.

Chris R

Well now I understand how some people get insane times on the LOG Choice things... they hop out and edit the damn thing on the spot :lol Thats what I gets for not looking at a replay or two on my own time

FrankT

I've just recently had a chance to play this game for the last couple of days. So far it's a real gem. The game is a technical achievement on the console imo. So vibrant and crisp. Love it. The gameplay so far seems really solid and Rare can keep you laughing still. Kudos to Rare as this game is a breath of fresh air as of late. Keep doing your thing and I hope the game has legs like the original VP if not better.

Sydle

Still loving this game. I've become obsessed with the vehicle editor, the challenges a reason to create a new vehicle from the ground up and test it until it's perfect for the task at hand. I've also made some just for fun-- like something that slightly resembles Bowser's flying clown-face thing from Super Mario World.

I'm going to be sad when this game is over. Has Rare mentioned DLC?

Tarazet

BenjaminBirdie said:
Yeah. I love GTA4 to fucking death, but I still love Banjo more.

I went ahead and got Banjo. So far I'm happy with it, it's neither entirely a completist-hell collectathon or an endless mission-fest, but it has the upsides of both. The vehicle customization didn't really click with me until there was a mission where I had to carry passengers, and I put together a long motorcycle with Banjo in the back and two passenger pods in front of the back wheel. Very nice.

The "Final Boss" fight really is a testament to the greatness of this game, in my opinion.

I spent like almost the entire afternoon building just the right vehicle to complete it. I started out with a gunned out Go Anywhere but realized after about an hour using it that it kept getting overturned too easily so I did some thinking and took out the tray and basically shifted everything downward.

Fucking gonzo.

One dead hag.

One biggest gripe with this game is that it seems like I can't get it to save my weapon settings for buttons.

Is there a way to get it to save that info?

Ding

It doesn't seem to save the button assignments for me either. One thing that helps is that you can use the d-pad to add assignments while you're in motion. I've only done that with a single gadget installed, however.

Great game. I'm taking my time, apparently. Only 19 jiggies, after well over 10 hours. I've gotten trophies for every challenge, but it looks like my streak has come to an end with that first "sumo" challenge in the Jiggiseum. I'm thinking that I need some springs to help me clear that platform more quickly...

Although I haven't tried that self destruct thing yet. I wonder how big of an explosion that will create. Hmm.

Woffls

Saucer of Peril is GHEY

It's the ONLY trophy I have left to get :( My highest is 413 and I think the target is 450. I'm just rubbish at it :(

soco

Woffls said:
Saucer of Peril is GHEY

It's the ONLY trophy I have left to get :( My highest is 413 and I think the target is 450. I'm just rubbish at it :(

i'm horrible at it as well.

it highlights one of my biggest complaints about the way Rare approaches the game. they often add challenge by making something difficult to control and not by just genuinely making it difficult. the targeting on that mission is silly and is the only reason it's so difficult.

Yeah, that one took me a while to get the trophy. Controls were sooo bad.

BenjaminBirdie said:
The "Final Boss" fight really is a testament to the greatness of this game, in my opinion.

I spent like almost the entire afternoon building just the right vehicle to complete it. I started out with a gunned out Go Anywhere but realized after about an hour using it that it kept getting overturned too easily so I did some thinking and took out the tray and basically shifted everything downward.

Fucking gonzo.

One dead hag.

you just needed a helicopter with a homing missile on it with ammo/fuel to last...seriously

One trick some of you may not know about (I didn't initially)...

If you're on a level with a really crappy LOG's choice vehicle you can do something about it. Start the level and jump out of your vehicle, press B next to the vehicle and you'll go into building mode (game pauses while you're in it). Strip off all the useless junk that they like to put on these things usually... and win!

Take for instance the level where you have to kill the germs.
Separate out the seat, jet engine, cannon, ammo and two bits of small fuel. Maybe also keep the spikes just in case you run out of ammo. Now you no longer rely on balloons for giving you altitude.

Oh, and the target on the shooty challenge is 425. The trick to that one is working out what a good score is for each section (you can split it in a few places that you can't shoot at anything) and restarting early if you don't meet the targets you set.

Gowans

ive just made a massive flying crate this morning loving it, just aces a gather challenge.

Perfect sat morning chill session while mates are all in party chat.

Woffls

I used that trick for the stupid reverse steering car :D
jump out, rebuild it, car goes fast and turns properly ;p

Ok knowing that the target is 425 is very helpful because it means i'm very close and just need a good run. On 418 so far, thanks a bunch :)

Also - WHERE THE FUNK do I find Minjo's pls? I have one, but the remaining 5 I have never seen.

Gowans

the beast I was talking about:

34edd51e1408f75ae200757.jpg

KevinCow

Banned
Rummy Bunnz said:

Can you go into one of the Grunty challenge levels and shoot her with the laser in there?

hulot

Wiggum2007 said:
Oh yea that's right... is there a limit on how much u can bribe him, and still be able to collect all the notes?
DON'T BRIBE. If you collect all the notes in the game and buy everything, ie blueprints, parts, gym upgrades, tower passwords, black market jiggies, etc. you should have 9 notes or so left over. Then and only then, you might want to spend them to clear out all your notes.

hulot said:
DON'T BRIBE. If you collect all the notes in the game and buy everything, ie blueprints, parts, gym upgrades, tower passwords, black market jiggies, etc. you should have 9 notes or so left over. Then and only then, you might want to spend them to clear out all your notes.

Jingo Bingo bucks are included in that total, right?

Top Bottom