• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts Thread

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I have close to 110 jiggies and I have TT'ed every challenge I have attempted. I've got all the jiggies/TTs/Jingos in Nutty Acres, Logbox 720 and The Terrorium and only have an act to go on Banjoland and the Jiggoseum.

I've also only found two tampered jiggies to date and have ten part-boxes to go, and I consider myself to have spend a LOT of time exploring over my 25 hour playtime (I think on last check it was like 7-8 hours in Showdown Town).

I'm going to go into Spiral Mountain after I finish up Banjoland and the Jiggoseum. :)

Tobor

My latest work of art. It needs a little tweaking, but there's only so much you can do. :lol

CCD2EBDD1408FCB77688.jpg

Glix

falcon.jpg

Thats great! Not to be a jerk, but you should try and find a way to put the seat/cockpit in the correct place, and then a gun where you currently have the seat.

EDIT: Wait is that how you have it? Its hard to see! Either way, its freakin awesome.

Tobor

Glix said:
falcon.jpg

Thats great! Not to be a jerk, but you should try and find a way to put the seat/cockpit in the correct place, and then a gun where you currently have the seat.

EDIT: Wait is that how you have it? Its hard to see! Either way, its freakin awesome.

Yeah, I put an actual turret there since it is a turret, but a regular gun emplacement would probably look better. The cockpit is in the right place however. Banjo is sitting there in the picture.

EDIT: Yep, he's in Han's seat. Thanks for the compliments.

Ding

Rlan said:
The crane holding it is ontop of an island in the middle of the water. To get up the islands ramp you need to have a Shopping Trolley with Floaters on them, which you get by beating Grunty's LogBox 720 level I believe.

No, you don't. Grippy wheels, yes. Floaters, no.

Ding said:
No, you don't. Grippy wheels, yes. Floaters, no.

Yep.
I think they intended people to get there with floaters, but you can drive the cart until you're near the ramp leading up the island, jump onto land and lift the cart up to the road.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Does anyone know of a list out there that tells you where all the
hidden jig-o-vends in Showdown Town
are? I feel as though I'm missing one or two.

God damn it. I'm at work and all I want to do is go home and play this all night.

I must be around 10 hours in, but I still feel like I've barely scratched the surface!

Pasco

Banned
I had absolutely no expectations of this game, having never been a fan of the originals, although I think in general Rare are a quality developer.

But the levels of polish, the self deprecating humour, the quality of the "physics", the seamlessness of the creator, the breadth of the challenges. Just wow. I've been completely blown away and I've only just opened up the Jiggoseum.

To think that Rare have come along and completely destroyed Rockstar in terms of creating a vehicle based, open-world sandbox-esque game, it's amazing. I can't wait to open up the rest of the parts and see what I can do with the full set, but I'm loving it so far. Very much a possible GOTY.

Wiggum2007

Rez>You said:
I've also only found two tampered jiggies to date and have ten part-boxes to go, and I consider myself to have spend a LOT of time exploring over my 25 hour playtime (I think on last check it was like 7-8 hours in Showdown Town).

Wait, tampered jiggies? What are these? The ones that Jolly Dodger sells?

JSnake

Wiggum2007 said:
Wait, tampered jiggies? What are these? The ones that Jolly Dodger sells?

Nope, there are five Jig-o-Vend type machines lying around ST. Use them and you'll get a free Jiggy.

Domino Theory said:
Does anyone know of a list out there that tells you where all the
hidden jig-o-vends in Showdown Town
are? I feel as though I'm missing one or two.
Underwater under Klungo's Arcade, inside the tunnel below LOG's factory, on top of LOGs factory, ontop of the buildings in the Uptown district.

Edit: Oh there's five? Cool. I still have one to find.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
BobFromPikeCreek said:
Underwater under Klungo's Arcade, inside the tunnel below LOG's factory, on top of LOGs factory, ontop of the buildings in the Uptown district.

Edit: Oh there's five? Cool. I still have one to find.

There's one hidden on the side of the ToT building. I don't know how to get it. :(

Woffls

Jonsoncao said:
nice review! thanks for sharing it with moar ppl :D

Thanks. I'm trying to spread the word of just how amazingly amazing this game is ^_^ needs moar love <3

The 5th JoV is hard to find, and hard to get to. But you should figure it out soon enough after you see where it is and give it a little thought after jumping at it for half an hour :D

Wiggum2007

This game is too addicting, I actually left my 360 at home today when I left back to college now that thanksgiving is over; finals are coming up and I know I wouldn't get any studying done if I had it with me.

KevinCow

Banned
Paco said:
Me too. Turns out
using only a spring worked out best, easily netting me the TT Trophy with a score of 1000+.

The domino challenge, on the other hand, still has me stumped as far as getting the TT Trophy. I thought dropping a self-destruct in the middle of them would work, nope. I then thought dropping a self-destruct with body parts on it to create a shrapnel effect would work, nope. I think I'm going to build a huge vehicle with a self-destruct in it and land it right in the middle. Should do the trick, no?

Anyway, love this game.
I just stuck all my grenade guns on a vehicle aiming in different directions. One in the middle aiming left, right, and back, then three aiming forwards with two of them extended out far to the left and right. Landed in the middle and pressed fire and easily got the trophy. I'm pretty sure there are more than 6 grenade guns, so the challenge can probably be done even better with that method.

KevinCow said:
I just stuck all my grenade guns on a vehicle aiming in different directions. One in the middle aiming left, right, and back, then three aiming forwards with two of them extended out far to the left and right. Landed in the middle and pressed fire and easily got the trophy. I'm pretty sure there are more than 6 grenade guns, so the challenge can probably be done even better with that method.

Oh wow, that's fucking sweet.

Thermite

Domino Theory said:
There's one hidden on the side of the ToT building. I don't know how to get it. :(

To get it, just climb up the same pipe that you used to get the notes at the very top of the buildings in the Terrarium of Terror area. Once you're up there, get directly above where the Jig-O-Vend is, and you should see another pipe that leads down to it.

Woffls

KevinCow said:

I used a couple of the suck n blow things and got it first time. I'm sure I could add a few more things on and get a better score. I actually have a good idea of how to do this one now. Might draw a diagram....

*opens mspaint*

5 minutes later...

arrrdf3.jpg

Sydle

KevinCow said:

I'll try this! Thank you.

I just banked around 77 jiggies, and a door to spiral mountain just opened. L.O.G. gave me an almost "point of no return" speech, so what are the consequences of entering it? Will it prevent me from completing anything?

a Master Ninja said:
I just banked around 77 jiggies, and a door to spiral mountain just opened. L.O.G. gave me an almost "point of no return" speech, so what are the consequences of entering it? Will it prevent me from completing anything?
Only thing you can't do after you complete the challenges in there is get the Burn The Witch achievement. Get that first and there's really no point of no return on anything else.

Waikis

KevinCow said:

Haha,instead of grenade guns, i have spring on all directions :lol .

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Well I have every jiggy/trophy possible before entering the final world.

Tomorrow: Spiral Mountain

p3tran

Banned
So I am close to 100 jiggies now, and I have to say that I've enjoyed this silly game more than almost everything else I played.
I 've played all games, so this only means good things for banjo!

NOW I WANT DLC!!!! RARE!!! GET TO IT!!!

and maybe we should do some online after we finish the game. :D

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Yes, I've made it to two leaderboards now (#6 for "Up for the Oche" and #4 for "Bear's Eye View") :D.

Anyone else get into the leaderboards that high?

Domino Theory said:
Yes, I've made it to two leaderboards now (#6 for "Up for the Oche" and #4 for "Bear's Eye View") :D.

Anyone else get into the leaderboards that high?
Was number 1 on Wasted Away for a long ass time, but now I'm 3. :( Also, I believe I'm still number 4 for Glubber Hubub. I had a ton of top 10 scores for a while, but that was because it was the first week of the game's release and no one had it yet.

Waikis

p3tran said:
So I am close to 100 jiggies now, and I have to say that I've enjoyed this silly game more than almost everything else I played.
I 've played all games, so this only means good things for banjo!

NOW I WANT DLC!!!! RARE!!! GET TO IT!!!

and maybe we should do some online after we finish the game. :D

I WANT SEQUELS!!!!!

Paco said:
Me too. Turns out
using only a spring worked out best, easily netting me the TT Trophy with a score of 1000+.

The domino challenge, on the other hand, still has me stumped as far as getting the TT Trophy. I thought dropping a self-destruct in the middle of them would work, nope. I then thought dropping a self-destruct with body parts on it to create a shrapnel effect would work, nope. I think I'm going to build a huge vehicle with a self-destruct in it and land it right in the middle. Should do the trick, no?

Anyway, love this game.

That challenge actually underwhlemed me.

All I did was use a suck n' blow set to BLOW while dive bombing toward the center.

Got it first try :\

Sydle

Digital Limit said:
That challenge actually underwhlemed me.

All I did was use a suck n' blow set to BLOW while dive bombing toward the center.

Got it first try :\

The thought had crossed my mind, but then I figured it wouldn't have enough force to knock them over. I suppose I need to experiment more...

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
I'm LTTP but I am also in love with this game. It's just so much fun (something so many games are really missing this gen). Rare has kicked ass so far on the 360, imo. Viva Pinata and this are freaking awesome games.

Flunkie

Banned
Just got this today, and I love it. You guys weren't lying when you said the demo and the full game are like two different games.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished the game with all 131 jiggies (and all trophies).

It took almost exactly 30 hours and I loved nearly every second of it (damn you shitty Saucer of Peril controls!).

Rare really out did themselves, it's such a shame so many people didn't enjoy it to the level I did, now the chances if getting a sequel are slim. :(

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Does anyone know how well this game has been selling in PAL territories? I know we're going to have to wait for NPD sales data to gauge the game's success in the U.S., so I'll hold off questions regarding it's sales in the U.S. for now. But the first question still holds.

Can someone link to the PAL charts thread or something (I must have missed it the past week(s) or so)?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Psychotext said:
Yeah, Banjo didn't chart anywhere. Sadly that's exactly as some of us were expecting.
That's just plain sad. :(

Top Bottom