• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts Thread

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
How the hell do I unlock Mumbo Crates? I tried bringing them back to Showdown Town and it didn't work. I tried giving them to Mumbo inside the world and he doesn't respond to them. Help me GAF, you're my only hope.

Brashnir

Tashi0106 said:
How the hell do I unlock Mumbo Crates? I tried bringing them back to Showdown Town and it didn't work. I tried giving them to Mumbo inside the world and he doesn't respond to them. Help me GAF, you're my only hope.

"tried bringing them back to Showdown Town?" What? They only exist inside Showdown Town.

You need to set them down in the pink square next to Mumbo outside his shop. This is covered in the tutorial.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Brashnir said:
"tried bringing them back to Showdown Town?" What? They only exist inside Showdown Town.

You need to set them down in the pink square next to Mumbo outside his shop. This is covered in the tutorial.

Yea but what about the crates scattered all over the other worlds? The big brown ones. Are those little purple crates the only ones you can unlock?

Finally started after the game sat a short spell on the shelf. Love it. Slow start but then accelerates quickly into addiction as new parts and territories become available.

Very high "playground" factor in this one, just screwing around with different designs and seeing what does (or does not) work.

Graphics and game engine seemed merely colorfully competent at first, but then it hits just how deep the worlds are and how complete the physics are within them (switching between car, bike, copter, boat at whim). And then each new stage piles on a whole new explosion of color.

Impressive.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I unlocked a new gamer pic. :)

0Gdsb2JhbC9HCQRUBxwAGAAIL3RpbGUvMC8yMDAzMwAAAAAAAAD-1VE2.jpg

Hey guys I am about to go to spiral mountain I have a few questions:

Once we enter spiral Mountain, can we go back to showdown town?

Also I didn't collect all the trophies/jingos, Can I go back once I enter Spiral mountain to get them?

Also I already did the achievement of shooting the laser at Grunty :D

KevinCow

Banned
Shadowlink123 said:
Hey guys I am about to go to spiral mountain I have a few questions:

Once we enter spiral Mountain, can we go back to showdown town?

Also I didn't collect all the trophies/jingos, Can I go back once I enter Spiral mountain to get them?

Also I already did the achievement of shooting the laser at Grunty :D
Yeah, it's just like any other level.

KevinCow said:
Yeah, it's just like any other level.
Oh ok thanks because I heard once people enter it, they can't get the grunty achievement of shotting her with your laser and I wanted to make sure if I miss anything else.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Shadowlink123 said:
Oh ok thanks because I heard once people enter it, they can't get the grunty achievement of shotting her with your laser and I wanted to make sure if I miss anything else.

Yeah you should be good, They actually "patched" Grunty back in after you beat the last level anyway.

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
I haven't played poor banjo since winter break. And with Skate 2 coming out next week it might be a while before I return to it. I'm sorry banjo =/

Ermac

cjelly said:
I unlocked a new gamer pic. :)

0Gdsb2JhbC9HCQRUBxwAGAAIL3RpbGUvMC8yMDAzMwAAAAAAAAD-1VE2.jpg

WTF, I didn't get this pic or any others. I got all 131 Jiggies and beat Klungo's Game. I don't know why either.

Rlan said:
I finally got to that race.

I didn't check out the best times, but I did get a TT trophy by doing the following:

- As soon as the race begins, jump out of the car and go into edit mode.
- move the engine (automatically selected) onto the top of the left hand side of the vehicle, above the wheel.
- next, move the seat near or ontop of it.
- remove the single piece at the bottom connecting the left side to the main section of the cart, put it somewhere else.
- To get better traction remove the small pieces connecting the leftside wheels to the fuel and then move the rightside wheels in those spaces instead.

Tadah! Now you don't have to deal with knocking down all those dominoes. Still have to drive with reversed controls though.

Or just hold the controller backwards. That's what I did and breezed through the challenge my first time.

Sorry Rare, I've seen that trick many times in the past and I've always hated it so I have no qualms about foiling it.

Ermac

GremlinInTheMachine said:
Or just hold the controller backwards. That's what I did and breezed through the challenge my first time.

Sorry Rare, I've seen that trick many times in the past and I've always hated it so I have no qualms about foiling it.

I actually beat that race on my second try, I didn't realize it gave people a lot of trouble. Just sort of trained myself to the new controls on my first try, then the second try was pretty simple.

This game is so good. I got my first 20-25 jiggies without building a thing. I was really intimidated by the garage for some reason. Well I finally dug into building vehicles and it's an absolute blast. Only 55 Jiggies in and I'm at close to 20 hours.
Still can't get over how amazing the game looks.
Rare rocks!!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Alright, so I seem to have hit a brick wall with regards to Notes in Showdown Town. I'm at about 850 and I've got a feeling there must be a cluster or something that I've missed?

Where might I have missed some, guys, any ideas? :-/

That's actually almost exactly where I am on notes too. I guess there's a cluster of 5 gold ones somewhere? I've been over most of the town...

FinFan

cjelly said:
Alright, so I seem to have hit a brick wall with regards to Notes in Showdown Town. I'm at about 850 and I've got a feeling there must be a cluster or something that I've missed?

Where might I have missed some, guys, any ideas? :-/

Have you been in the water by behind Klungo's building. There's a bunch under water and a free Jiggie.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Alright, so I'm up to 890.

I think I'm probably missing a single Gold Note. :(

Any ideas?

FUCKING YESS! In the little canal in the Theatre District, to the right there is a tiny bridge, and there was a Gold Note under that.

Yay!

Zachack

MMaRsu said:
OK Banjo crew convince me why I should pick this over Soul Calibur 4 + Stuntman Ignition...
Errr... what's the deciding factor? SC4 is a lot of fun, but a completely different genre. Stuntman is not worth the time/money.

MMaRsu

Zachack said:
Errr... what's the deciding factor? SC4 is a lot of fun, but a completely different genre. Stuntman is not worth the time/money.

Really? I kinda liked the demo for Stuntman. SC4 I dunno I liked all the previous games but I mostly play games for singleplayer.

MMaRsu said:
OK Banjo crew convince me why I should pick this over Soul Calibur 4 + Stuntman Ignition...
I wasn't loving it at first, then a I began finding more crates with more parts and collecting more jiggies and rewarded with new parts. Now I can't wait to get home and build some shit with said parts.
If it's a game you enjoy you sure get your moneys worth. I'll probably be at 30-45 hours before I get all the jiggies and at least 25+ hours before I finish the main "story".

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
MMaRsu said:
Well, besides the fact that both of those games are crap.

- Soul Calibur is the pinnacle of the SC series.
- Stuntman Ignition is quite fun for an hour or two, but the gameplay is very much trial and error, so when the levels start getting tricker, the game gets even more infuriating (especially as a lot of stuff isn't explained). It's like Mirror's Edge in a car.

Rlan

Yes! I'm a Jiggillionaire!

Now all I'm missing is that damn achievement for playing one of those horribly long multiplayer sessions. Bah.

Rlan said:
Yes! I'm a Jiggillionaire!

Now all I'm missing is that damn achievement for playing one of those horribly long multiplayer sessions. Bah.

Can be done offline with a second controller. Takes a few hours, but you don't have to depend on other people.

RBH

Banjo's US sales numbers revealed:

Though Gears 2's success was no surprise, given the steady drumbeat of sales-milestones announcements, it was less clear how Xbox 360 exclusives outside the top 10 fared. NPD provided final 2008 US sales figures to GameSpot for two 360-only titles from Microsoft's internal studio system: Lionhead's Fable II and Rare's Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts. The difference between the two was striking: The former RPG sold 1.2 million units, while the latter eked out a mere 140,000 units in US sales (a fact that isn't stopping Banjo-Tooie from hitting Xbox Live in April). According to the story mentioned above, 360 and original Xbox games made up 19 percent of US software sales in 2008.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6203773.html
:(

giuliu

Banned
Hey, at least it sold better than TOV(less than 100k), and I think other jrpgs like LR and IU.

MS should've put the too human marketing $ toward banjo.

Kujo

Ouch, no wonder it didn't chart. I wonder if Banjo XBLA actually did better than it.

Hey, at least it sold better than TOV(less than 100k), and I think other jrpgs like LR and IU.
Still, they get quite a bit of sales in Japan, Banjo only managed 2k there.

Huh, I wonder what Rare is thinking right now. Anyways I forgot to post that I finished this game, didn't collect everything but will collect everything during the summer.

Salmonax

I wonder if this will prompt them to make a proper Banjo platformer, but sadly it's more likely that Nuts and Bolts killed the franchise.

fernoca

130k more copies than I was expecting.. :p ..great game in every aspect; but I'm done trying to convince people to play it. "It sucks".."Is not like the old ones" .."Is not a platformer"..bleh..

Kujo

Zachack said:
I wonder how it did in the EU.
Well it never charted, but apparently only 49k in the UK.

Heh, just checked VG*****z, they have it as 430k in US, way off. Terrible site.

Chris R

The biggest problem the game had in my opinion was the platform it has to be released on. Look at the top selling games for the 360, and they are a violent bunch (minus madden... well kinda). This game would have sold buckets on the Wii.

The game would have done better in my opinion with stronger marketing, pushing it as part of a group of family friendly titles for new owners. I honestly think that a "traditional" platformer would have done only slightly better. The non-traditional gameplay and horrible demo hurt the game, but I doubt if a regular Banjo game would even sell a quarter million copies.

Glad to hear about BT though, still need to finish BK (and I still have some jiggies and trophies I need to get)

Kujo

rhfb said:
because there was another BT thread made before your thread.
Really? I did a search for 'Banjo' and it came up with nothing.

Edit: Found it, a couple pages back, weird it didn't show up in search.

Top Bottom