• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

crispyben

sankt-Antonio said:
oh and the games much slower now - and i think they added new signs
(the ones you destroy)
The beginner cars, maybe, but there are no added billboards, they're just more visible. Even the street names flicker :lol

burgerdog

When is the 360 getting the update? I saw the party pack on the marketplace for 800ms and 108kb. As others have said, the game downloads a tiny update which does pretty much nothing other than the new burnout paradise splash when the game boots.

crispyben

sankt-Antonio said:
that i dont want to give ea my email adress and my name, because not only will it be saved on ea servers they also have the right to give this infos to other companys --- a shit you know what i want to tell you...
FYI, in Under The Hood, there's an "Account Management" option which I had never noticed before, where you can opt in/out of sharing your data for such and such purposes.

crispyben said:
FYI, in Under The Hood, there's an "Account Management" option which I had never noticed before, where you can opt in/out of sharing your data for such and such purposes.
It's always been there, even for the 360 version.

we need to start a list of PC gaffers playing the game. not sure if this is the best place for it. i'm plagiarize on pc (SURPRISE). lets have more names. i'm sure a lot of you are going to go weak kneed once you play the trial.

Ramenman

Can someome give me a quick rundown of what's great (and also maybe what's not great) about the update ?

My internet connection is all for Heroes atm :D

plagiarize said:
we need to start a list of PC gaffers playing the game. not sure if this is the best place for it. i'm plagiarize on pc (SURPRISE). lets have more names. i'm sure a lot of you are going to go weak kneed once you play the trial.

If I enjoy the trial then I'll be picking it up tomorrow.

Aladuf

Banned
Updating the game now, I've been playing for a year straight and I'm all excited to play the game as if it just came out. :lol

crispyben

Negatronic said:
So are the new visuals/colors looking sharp?

Is the auto barrel-roll good for the game?
Sharper, yes. As for the barrel roll, depends what you call good, you'll do only one if you don't touch anything and have enough momentum.

plagiarize said:
Will certainly download it when I get home. Can't wait! :D

Returners

bune duggy said:
there are 100 pages of impressions.

unless you're referring to how well it will perform on PC, then OK.

Isn't that why the Demo Trial for PC is? You try the game, find that it runs well on your system... Then buy it straight from the in-game store.

Well The Party Pack and the Game + Party Pack is now up on the Euro store. I don't know if that has been said yet (I didn't see it said). The pack was L7.99 (their money unit).

cjelly said:
How is the update only 108kb?
One the 360, it's going to be a 2 part rollout, just like all previous ones.

The title update is 108K, and will point to the new content. New content will be on the Marketplace (is it up yet), and will be the correct size.

It's a shitty solution, but the only way to do this on the 360.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
AlphaTwo00 said:
One the 360, it's going to be a 2 part rollout, just like all previous ones.

The title update is 108K, and will point to the new content. New content will be on the Marketplace (is it up yet), and will be the correct size.

It's a shitty solution, but the only way to do this on the 360.
Party Pack is Marketplace now. 108kb and 800 points.

We all know 360 title updates are only allowed to be a certain size, so I'm just scratching my head a bit.

Updated the ps3 version. like the new interface. but I can't connect to the Burnout Paradise Network Page yet? it gave me an error.

EDIT: update:

Access Denied
You are seeing this page because you have been denied access to this site.

The reason for this is Spam.

If you feel this is an error feel free to contact us.

hmmm..

EDIT: they mapped R1 to bring up the Burnout Store which happens to be the same button to scroll the menu page. hmmm ;P

Haeleos

Stormwatch said:
I was able to download the Party Pack from the Marketplace on the 360, but I don't see any changes in the game. How strange...

The second part of the 360 update hasn't been released yet.

Aladuf

Banned
Just got done playing for a bit after the patch installed and first off, I can't believe how colorful the game looks now, it looks incredible. Also, playing at night is SO much better, it is perfect. The fog rolled in at midnight too and it looked so cool, finally I can enjoy the nighttime in Burnout.

Haeleos said:
Is a hotseat challenge mode really worth $10 Criterion? Seriously...
Were the updates of the past year worth $10? Definitely. The $10 I spend today is for the updates they've given me over the past year. Don't feel like supporting them for giving you all that awesome content over the past year? That's fine if you're a dirty commie or something, I guess.

Commie.

Haeleos

bune duggy said:
Were the updates of the past year worth $10? Definitely. The $10 I spend today is for the updates they've given me over the past year. Don't feel like supporting them for giving you all that awesome content over the past year? That's fine if you're a dirty commie or something, I guess.

Commie.

So you're saying the Party Pack is a glorified "Donate" button?

I'll gladly pay for the cars and Big Surf Island, but I think this is actually of less value than the the update patch itself.

Playing the PC demo and everything seems to be running well so far. The 360 controller was mapped correctly and the on-screen prompts change depending on which controller (360 or KB/M) I use. SSAO kills my FPS but otherwise I am at a constant 60fps @ 1080p. Is anyone else running into the absense of triple buffering, or is that just something going wrong on my end?

Haeleos said:
So you're saying the Party Pack is a glorified "Donate" button?

I'll gladly pay for the cars and Big Surf Island, but I think this is actually of less value than the the update patch itself.
it's not like I was 100% serious anyway but I do think that's probably the only way they're going to get people to pay for this content. In other words, "thanks for the memories, Criterion!" might be worth a couple thousand downloads. Beyond that? I don't think anyone ever has said that they want to play this content.

CabbageRed said:
Playing the PC demo and everything seems to be running well so far. The 360 controller was mapped correctly and the on-screen prompts change depending on which controller (360 or KB/M) I use. SSAO kills my FPS but otherwise I am at a constant 60fps @ 1080p. Is anyone else running into the absense of triple buffering, or is that just something going wrong on my end?
i have it forced on in my drivers with vsync. i definately don't remember seeing any tearing. nvidia 9800 gx2 on the 171.22 drivers using nhancer if it helps.

i wanted the party pack content. if i'd had to pay $10 for it (got the ultimate box for PC) i think i would have. i play a lot of pass the pad racing stuff (TRACKMANIA!) when i have people over personally, but i don't think that's all that common really.

Pojo

Banned
spoon! said:
Is anyone keen to get together for the 8 players at the stadium trophy? ^__^
I added Everdred, add me! Pojosamaneo

Gonna hop on after I play the Killzone 2 demo and DL the update. Might DL the party pack after reading some impressions, not sure yet. Is it worth it for the trophies, are they challenging?

M3wThr33

Banned
I haven't played Burnout since the trophies were added, and I was only about 5 hours in, so I'm going to start over tonight. I've been waiting for this.

crispyben

Pojo said:
Might DL the party pack after reading some impressions, not sure yet. Is it worth it for the trophies, are they challenging?
Not at all, and frankly it's not worth that much money, but I bought it as a kind of "thank you" note.

itxaka

Defeatist
Pojo said:
I added Everdred, add me! Pojosamaneo

Gonna hop on after I play the Killzone 2 demo and DL the update. Might DL the party pack after reading some impressions, not sure yet. Is it worth it for the trophies, are they challenging?

Add me too -> Itxaka

Anyone having problems to download the patch? is stuck at 0% for me (1.60 patch)

Willeth

Scratching my head a bit here. My game patched this morning, I just bought the Party Pack, and I can't see any way to use it.

Is there a second patch coming that I need to wait for? Am I just dumb as shit?

Returners

itxaka said:
Add me too -> Itxaka

Anyone having problems to download the patch? is stuck at 0% for me (1.60 patch)

Are you dling KZ2 while you do this?

The patches download simultaneously with the demos.

itxaka

Defeatist
Returners said:
Are you dling KZ2 while you do this?

The patches download simultaneously with the demos.

Nope, already beat the demo 5 times :D

Now it started, but I had to log off and on and launch it several times!

Party pack -> Bougth, out of respect for Criterion.

This game runs like a dream on PC, like others have said 1680@60fps is heaven. SSAO does kill the framerate I find it drops to around to around 47ish which is normally pretty good especially compared to crap like NFS:Undercover, but in burnout anthing less doesn't feel right.

E8400@3.0ghz
4gb DDR2 ram
4870 512mb

Everything maxed 8xAA

Top Bottom