• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a way to make the map spin the direction you're going like in GTA?
It keeps throwing me off when you need to make a snap jundgement.

I'm so confused on what's going on. So tomorrow brings a new patch, that has things like retry, new billboards and gates, and in-game store all for free. Also tomorrow is the Party Pack, which is going to be $10?

Returners

Blu_LED said:
I'm so confused on what's going on. So tomorrow brings a new patch, that has things like retry, new billboards and gates, and in-game store all for free. Also tomorrow is the Party Pack, which is going to be $10?

not tmr :( Friday.

Aladuf

Banned
Blu_LED said:
Like the other said, it's on Friday but you got the patch/ DLC details right.

Does anyone know what will happen to the PSN store download version of Burnout? Will it be replaced with the updated Party Pack version or just stay the same, then download the party pack and other updates as normal dlc?

davidsdc128 said:
Does anyone know what will happen to the PSN store download version of Burnout? Will it be replaced with the updated Party Pack version or just stay the same, then download the party pack and other updates as normal dlc?

The PSN version is equivalent to the original retail version, so the latter.

Aladuf

Banned
Chris Remo said:
Seems like someone would have mentioned it by now were that to be the case?
You'd think they would have mentioned the pricing of the Party Pack DLC too.. seems like they're being quiet about all of it for whatever reason.

Chris Remo said:
Seems like someone would have mentioned it by now were that to be the case?

That's what often happens on steam, the majority of games just go up without notice. It does seem a little odd since EA has always announced availability of their games on steam before hand, but it seems pretty unlikely that it won't show on the platform's biggest DD service.

crispyben

Aladuf said:
Like the other said, it's on Friday but you got the patch/ DLC details right.
As I posted on the previous page, it's not as clear-cut as that...

Philanthropist said:
The PSN version is equivalent to the original retail version, so the latter.
Yeah, that would make sense, but we don't have confirmation of that either... All this silence seems a bit fishy.

Aladuf

Banned
crispyben said:
As I posted on the previous page, it's not as clear-cut as that...
Well I know that but I kind of just meant he's got the basic idea down. What's going to be DLC and what's not.

If it goes up on Steam they better bloody well allow us people in the UK to get it as well. Everywhere else has EA games atm except us it seems :(

I will buy this at some point in the near future but would have it ordered already if it was on Steam. I want easy access to it on all of my computers!
Even if they put it on Impulse instead of Steam that would suffice!

For impressions of the PC version see a thread at the Overclockers.co.uk forums here. Includes plenty of screenshots so 56k beware.

dLMN8R

The full-game-limited-time demo they're doing also seems like the perfect fit for Steam. I can't believe they haven't announced anything yet.

It would look beautiful sitting right next to Trackmania United Forever :-(

Blu_LED said:
I'd love it to be $10 but at this point who knows.

for those interested...

SSAO on
21461xe.jpg

SSAO off
vobsi0.png

SSAO KILLS my frame rate at any high resolution.

i'm running at 1920 x 1200 with 8x AA locked at 60 fps. turning it on drops me down to 15/20 fps at that res.

it's playable with SSAO at 720p but burnout needs to be buttery smooth! dunno why it messes up the overhead cables either... hmmn.

Mar

plagiarize said:
for those interested...

SSAO on

SSAO off

SSAO KILLS my frame rate at any high resolution.

Can someone tell me what the differences are here? I'm not seeing anything other than fuzzy cables and some dark spots. A great reason to sacrifice 20 frames!

Surfheart

I'm in Australia. New frontend is interesting, It spawned the browser which gave a connection error :p

Game is incredibly saturated colourwise now, not sure if I prefer it to the old look yet.

Mar_ said:
Can someone tell me what the differences are here? I'm not seeing anything other than fuzzy cables and some dark spots. A great reason to sacrifice 20 frames!

http://www.criteriongames.com/article.php?artID=258

"We're just implementing Ambient Occlusion (AO).

"If you're not familiar with this term, it's an effect that uses soft shadows to add extra depth. Enclosed spaces naturally receive less light than open spaces and look darker – that helps us to see how close objects are to each other."

Looking at the the power lines and the wires running along the bridge in plagiarize's shots, it looks like there may be something else at play involving SSAO, perhaps a driver issue.

just a random shot of the PC version.

141lddw.png

resized from 1920 x 1200 by tiny pic.

it's a lot more vibrant than the console versions were (though i believe they're all being patched to be more colourful right?) but the razer sharp edges and improved filtering make a huge difference, as does the upped res.

shame FSAO is such a drain.

Surfheart said:
I'm in Australia. New frontend is interesting, It spawned the browser which gave a connection error :p

Game is incredibly saturated colourwise now, not sure if I prefer it to the old look yet.
!

Right. It's going live today/tomorrow.

Is nighttime improved for lighting?

Aladuf

Banned
plagiarize said:
just a random shot of the PC version.

http://i41.tinypic.com/141lddw.png[IMG]

resized from 1920 x 1200 by tiny pic.

it's a lot more vibrant than the console versions were (though i believe they're all being patched to be more colourful right?) but the razer sharp edges and improved filtering make a huge difference, as does the upped res.

shame FSAO is such a drain.[/QUOTE]
Looks so good, I can't wait to see it once the update hits. A year later and they're adding more color to the game.. gotta love that. :lol

Surfheart

Colours are very rich now (maybe a littlte too rich for me)and night time visibility has been improved considerably.

I thought this patch was meant to have the retry option in?

Sorry for theshortt impressions, typing with the dualshoclk is not much fun!

Aladuf

Banned
Surfheart said:
Colours are very rich now (maybe a littlte too rich for me)and night time visibility has been improved considerably.

I thought this patch was meant to have the retry option in?

Sorry for theshortt impressions, typing with the dualshoclk is not much fun!
Glad to hear that night time is better, I was really hoping that it'd be much improved. And the patch does have the retry.. I can't remember how it's set up but I think in the Crash Podcast they showed its access through right on the d-pad.

Aladuf

Banned
Rapping Granny said:
:lol WTF I just took a break from this 5 minutes ago.

runs back upstairs*
You should have stayed in our lobby earlier when you joined in with Flunkie. I had no clue that was you until Flunk mentioned it was you when he joined back in.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Hmm. So far I'm not digging this game at all. I think the lack of structure really bothers me. I never feel like I'm not just driving around aimlessly towards a certain part of the city.

Aladuf said:
You should have stayed in our lobby earlier when you joined in with Flunkie. I had no clue that was you until Flunk mentioned it was you when he joined back in.

oh sorry, I thought Flunkie wanted to do some Challenges alone, plus my headset broke, didn't make sense for me to stay:D

BTW No update for me. doesn't show nothing.

Aladuf

Banned
Rapping Granny said:
oh sorry, I thought Flunkie wanted to do some Challenges alone, plus my headset broke, didn't make sense for to stay:D

BTW No update for me. doesn't show nothing.
It's cool, we'll have plenty more chances to get some lobbies going with this update coming out and then the Island later on down the road. I noticed your headset wasn't working too, I think that's why Flunkie had to bail out for a bit because his wasn't working either.

dralla said:
so is the new color scheme and physics only part of the party pack or is it a free system update?
Part of the free update.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Aladuf said:
Glad to hear that night time is better, I was really hoping that it'd be much improved. And the patch does have the retry.. I can't remember how it's set up but I think in the Crash Podcast they showed its access through right on the d-pad.

So they caved in & included a retry option?
Is the update up for the Xbox/PS3 versions?

Definitely looking forward to that retry option. I think I only need about 12 more wins for my Elite license, but the only type of events I have left are stunt runs. I hate stunt runs. =(

Good to see visibility will be better at night, too. Although the time-of-day cycles are neat, I set it permanently at midday, when I'm seriously going for some wins. The only thing that sucks, is that there's no way to turn-off fog...

Surfheart

Aladuf said:

Ahh, good stuff, thanks. Not that I'll ever need to use it of course :D

Shearie

The game looks quite a bit better now and I love the purpleish glow of nighttime, not to mention visibility is greatly increased. With what little I've played so far, I noticed some slight positive changes to the handling of the Carbon Uberschall 8 that I can't quite put my finger on.

Top Bottom