• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

PatzCU

Alright, I just got Burnout for 360 last week and have been absolutely loving it. However, can someone please explain the "Road Rules" to me? I know when I go to a street I can hit 'up' on the d-pad to bring up the different types of road rules, but what do they mean and how do I activate them?

AVclub

Liquid_Bike said:
This game runs like a dream on PC, like others have said 1680@60fps is heaven. SSAO does kill the framerate I find it drops to around to around 47ish which is normally pretty good especially compared to crap like NFS:Undercover, but in burnout anthing less doesn't feel right.

E8400@3.0ghz
4gb DDR2 ram
4870 512mb

Everything maxed 8xAA
What is "SSAO"? I want to try the game without getting my framerate knocked down. Thanks.

Returners

PatzCU said:
Alright, I just got Burnout for 360 last week and have been absolutely loving it. However, can someone please explain the "Road Rules" to me? I know when I go to a street I can hit 'up' on the d-pad to bring up the different types of road rules, but what do they mean and how do I activate them?

There are two types of road rules. Normal and Showtime.

Normal is basically beat the target time.
Showtime is beat the cash score.

Just press up on the dpad to activate normal rules, and start at the beginning of a street. The game should automatically start ticking a timer.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
VictimOfGrief said:
I just accidently hit the two buttons and it's like Crash mode but with more freedom..... :lol BTW the new update is wicked!

Wow..what game have you been playing?

Is the restart option in the new patch? Cause I don't see it.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
TTP said:
Did they fix the DTS/DD5.1 thing or do you still have to deselect DD5.1 from the XMB to get DTS?

Still says DD5.1 for me I think. I didn't even know it was DTS. Shit.

I'm not a fan of the pulsing billboards...it makes it difficult to see if you broken them or not.

PatzCU

Returners said:
There are two types of road rules. Normal and Showtime.

Normal is basically beat the target time.
Showtime is beat the cash score.

Just press up on the dpad to activate normal rules, and start at the beginning of a street. The game should automatically start ticking a timer.

Thanks, that's a big help. So this should be obvious, but what is the difference between offline and online roadrules? I was able to finish a road rule and it put up my score as "online" even though I didn't complete the road rule online. Are the online roadrules supposed to be the leaderboard times?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
WasabiKing said:
Ditto and the I hate the new colors.

EDIT: right on d-pad, select restart last event! WOO

Ah. So it's there, but hidden. I was pressing the start menu and looking at each page. Well at least it's hidden....so people who complain about no restarting will eventually find it, and the people who are not frustrated will play the game as normal before restart patch. Haha

Pojo

Banned
crispyben said:
Not at all, and frankly it's not worth that much money, but I bought it as a kind of "thank you" note.
Boo. I was hoping for a trophy for getting a Burnout license (the final one, whatever it's called, for beating 115 or so events). It'd put that retry option to good use, yeah?

Oh, and added itxaka and everdred.

crispyben

Wario64 said:
Ah. So it's there, but hidden. I was pressing the start menu and looking at each page. Well at least it's hidden....so people who complain about no restarting will eventually find it, and the people who are not frustrated will play the game as normal before restart patch. Haha
If you use the "Start" button more than you use EasyDrive (right on D-pad), you're doing it wrong! There would be no point in putting the restart option out of the gameplay, that would be hiding it. Everything is a few pushes away with EasyDrive :D

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
crispyben said:
If you use the "Start" button more than you use EasyDrive (right on D-pad), you're doing it wrong! There would be no point in putting the restart option out of the gameplay, that would be hiding it. Everything is a few pushes away with EasyDrive :D

Hah, yeah, good point. But I rarely use it during single player...actually the only time I go into it is when I want to start an online session

Returners

crispyben said:

I do feel that the current EasyDrive is already extremely cluttered. It takes a bit of scrolling to get to Soundtracks :D

I wish there was a way to customize the EasyDrive.

VictimOfGrief said:
I just accidently hit the two buttons and it's like Crash mode but with more freedom..... :lol BTW the new update is wicked!
I swear you do this on purpose.
fistfulofmetal said:
VictimOfGrief
Forever Dumb
(Today, 01:42 PM)
Reply | Quote
see?!?
VictimOfGrief said:
*golf clap* Thanks Fist. :lol
oh, you do do it on purpose. ah-kay.

The DTS thing requires you to remove DD as an option in your system settings. Retarded since it defaulted to DTS previously. I have a harder time with in-game chat when it's running DD for some reason so I hate that they changed that.
crispyben said:
Not at all, and frankly it's not worth that much money, but I bought it as a kind of "thank you" note.
crispyben - not a commie. :p

crispyben

Returners said:
I do feel that the current EasyDrive is already extremely cluttered. It takes a bit of scrolling to get to Soundtracks :D

I wish there was a way to customize the EasyDrive.
Good point. I'm not sure we need to access the Burnout Store and the Criterion Games Network in-game...

AVclub said:
What is "SSAO"? I want to try the game without getting my framerate knocked down. Thanks.

It basically enhances shadows and perhaps lighting as well. It has to be seen in motion to really appreciate the differences. But here are some comparison shots.

No SSAO
BurnoutParadise2009-02-0513-06-40-4.jpg

SSAO
BurnoutParadise2009-02-0513-06-08-7.jpg

No SSAO
BurnoutParadise2009-02-0513-03-09-4.jpg

SSAO
BurnoutParadise2009-02-0513-02-43-7.jpg

The differnce is subtle I notice it most in trees.

Pimpbaa

Whoa! Color! That was a much needed change. Muted colors in games is one of the worst things to happen this gen.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Does the PC version have ingame custom soundtracks?
I know you can just like, play music with a media player in the background.. but it be cooler do it with the ingame "radio."

Or like, this might sound really stupid but could you sub out the default tracks with music of your own? What folder is it in?

jmoe316

TChirath said:
Anyone know when the Legendary Cars Pack is supposed to come out?

Don't think anything has been announced but with the current DLC line-up, it should be in the next month or two.

I totally love this way of playing a game. Criterion could have easily had a Burnout sequel released by now but instead the stuff they would tweak/add to the sequel they just release as free/premium DLC. Much better buying 1 game and having many upgrades than buying 2.

Struct09 said:
Read above replies on this page.

Press right on the d-pad.
This is going to be an awesome start to the next 20+ pages, where people come back in, bitch about where's the "Restart" because the game didn't prompt them to do so.

Returners

AlphaTwo00 said:
This is going to be an awesome start to the next 20+ pages, where people come back in, bitch about where's the "Restart" because the game didn't prompt them to do so.

yay?

Burnout tonight yes no?

Oni Jazar

AlphaTwo00 said:

It was the same way with the Custom Soundtrack feature on the PS3. They put it on the D-pad and didn't make it clear.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Haeleos said:
This sucks. The 360 update is still not up.

I thought they made it clear on their website blog that the Party Pack hits on the 5th and the patch goes live on the 6th...which kinda makes no sense.

PatzCU

Do we have to go out of the way to download the update on the 360? I got an auto-update last night but it certainly wasn't 250mb.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
PatzCU said:
Do we have to go out of the way to download the update on the 360? I got an auto-update last night but it certainly wasn't 250mb.

Probably. I remember the Cagney patch had to be downloaded from the Marketplace. Plus, it was a Xbox Live Gold exclusive for the first week. What a load of bullshit.

PatzCU said:
Yes. 360's "Title Update" is limited to a very small size, and is not the same as the PS3 one. It's a separate download.

Fatbody

If you're an Xbox 360 player waiting for to play Burnout Party, please be aware that we're having some difficulties deploying the update that supports this pack. If you've purchased the pack via Xbox Live Marketplace, it should work once the 1.60 patch has been deployed.

We're working around the clock with Microsoft to resolve this issue and will post, when we have news.

http://criteriongames.com/index.php

PatzCU

AlphaTwo00 said:
Yes. 360's "Title Update" is limited to a very small size, and is not the same as the PS3 one. It's a separate download.

Awesome, thanks! But apparently it's not up yet? I was hoping so as I've only had the game a week and didn't think I noticed any new colors yet.

paparazzo

I absolutely love the new colors as I have tried adjusting my tv's brightness before but couldn't quite make it look how I wanted. Looks great now.:D I'm guessing the island is the final update to hit this summer.

Top Bottom