• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

zedge said:
Does the party pack only add split screen? Will I be missing out on alot if I only pick up the $19.99 version on PSN?
There is no splitscreen. It's a "pass the pad" record keeping multiplayer mode.

Diablohead said:
You sure it's not just the big 4x4's you are driving? they seem to give the "i'm in a bigger car then you listen to my sub" effect.

I hope the cops & robbers pack adds offline modes too, no xbl untill june :(
I've noticed different cars, "perceived with the type with huge subs" have that effect. The Krieger Pioneer, which should be the first SUV you get in game, has that effect. It's something new that they added (See one of the older podcast talk about it), and I don't know if there are things you can change for it. Best way to test it out: Listen to something heavy base, then toggle the camera to switch to rear view. It sounds significantly different.

crispyben said:
I started playing the game in French language, then switched my PS3's language to English, but the game remains in French, so I couldn't see the announcement on the CGN (they need time to translate it), but here are the pictures of the Cops & Robbers pack:

1232642097-1copsandrobbers01.png
1232642042-1copsandrobbers02.png
1232642057-1copsandrobbers03.png
Wait. So every car is going to have a Cops version? AWESOME. I'm seeing at least 6 different cars in those screens already with the police badgeing.

UraMallas

Corran Horn said:
arggg i just need this damn 8 players in stadium trophy for platinum lol.

Whenever I join a 8 player server they never start/challenge/go there. Whenever I start a server i cant get it to 8 people to start it myself :/

Bought the party pack since we have people over at my apartment every week and we love to play shit like pain/buzz/etc multiplayer games
Add me, PSN ID = UraMallas. I'll sit in there with you until we can get it. Anybody else want in on this? Let's get it tonight!

FightyF

Banned
Brandon F said:
Seems like they took out the option to enter sponsor codes for secret cars. I'd recommend anyone to get that sorted out before committing to the 1.6 patch. All previous unlocked cars(BestBuy, Walmart, etc...) stay unlocked but I for instance can't figure out how to add the 'steel wheels' car for instance now.

Daym that sucks. There was a Circuit City car that the host set as the default car for races, it was pretty fun.

I'll be out tonight but be back late, I am itching for another round so add me if you like XBL: "TerraRhythm"

There should be a Cat and Mouse mode as well, a la PGR. It would be PERFECT with Burnout.

Just got this off psn. Much prefer it to the 360 version, dunno why. Looking to play with some peeps and chill out. Username is Legjend.

paparazzo

UraMallas said:
Add me, PSN ID = UraMallas. I'll sit in there with you until we can get it. Anybody else want in on this? Let's get it tonight!
I'll be on tonight. Anyone can add me if they wish.

PSN: JackBauer07

This game is like a dream come true to me. I don't think I need another driving game this entire generation.

Criterion is defining the model I want to see put to use in games like GTA, Crackdown, Fallout 3, etc.

Keikoku

Banned
Blast Processing said:
This game is like a dream come true to me. I don't think I need another driving game this entire generation.

Criterion is defining the model I want to see put to use in games like GTA, Crackdown, Fallout 3, etc.

MSPR say hi.

Anyway, I just updated my game, and I'd like to know what does it change to the driving exactly ? Also, I can't see shit during night in this game, this is annoying.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Keikoku said:
MSPR say hi.

Anyway, I just updated my game, and I'd like to know what does it change to the driving exactly ? Also, I can't see shit during night in this game, this is annoying.

Turn up the brightness in the menu.

drknite

Can't wait to eat some Kobe tubesteak
Keikoku said:
MSPR say hi.

Or go to options and make it midday all the time

Sean

Banned
Keikoku said:
MSPR say hi.

They actually made it easier to see at night-time with this update (was much worse before), though I agree with you and I don't think it adds anything to the game. Go to the pause menu and you can set it to a constant time of day. I usually put it on sunrise or mid-day.

Keikoku

Banned
Sean said:
They actually made it easier to see at night-time with this update (was much worse before), though I agree with you and I don't think it adds anything to the game. Go to the pause menu and you can set it to a constant time of day. I usually put it on sunrise or mid-day.

Will do this. Thanks.

fistfulofmetal said:
How do I get the Billboard on Eastern Shore in Silver Lake?

this one:
burnout116.jpg

it's over the guard rail and i cant figure out how to get to it
Drive south, to the "Docks", drive into the lake area, where you will find an island, keep on going, and you'll end up there.

The only way you'll see this is either through the gate smash, or through one of the freeburn challenge.

traded in my 360 edition for ps3 today, so here's my psn tag: Mr_Spinnington

make sure to let me know you're from gaf about burnout paradise if you add me :]

AlphaTwo00 said:
Drive south, to the "Docks", drive into the lake area, where you will find an island, keep on going, and you'll end up there.

The only way you'll see this is either through the gate smash, or through one of the freeburn challenge.

awesome
and with that i finally have done all the smashes/billboards/jumps

only took me a year to do it!

Now I have to do 2 more races, 2 more marked mans, and all but 2 stunt runs before I have completely finished the game.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
woot got platinum trophy tonight. Thanks to those who offered to help. If anyone needs help or play just add me on PSN: Corran.

M3wThr33

Banned
Finally played for the first time since trophies were put in.

Spent like 5 hours playing, got up to B license, smashed 300+ gates, half the billboards, got a shitload of awards and trophies. I feel accomplished!
30% on trophies, but that includes the party ones I won't be trying for anytime soon.

Mar

TheGreatDave said:
"Girlfriend" is actually a highlight.

2h50380.gif

Xav said:
Like I said not that they were any good but the best part was how they picked up when you boosted. To my knowledge nothing happens to the track when you boost in Paradise.

The music gets louder when you hit boost.

Ramenman

crispyben said:
I started playing the game in French language, then switched my PS3's language to English, but the game remains in French, so I couldn't see the announcement on the CGN (they need time to translate it), but here are the pictures of the Cops & Robbers pack:

1232642097-1copsandrobbers01.png
1232642042-1copsandrobbers02.png
1232642057-1copsandrobbers03.png

Wow, that's some stylish police cars there.
Also can someone who has access to the in game browser tell us what is supposed to be in that pack ? Police cars obviously, but "cops and robbers" suggests a new game mode. What's weird is, iirc, the online road rage pretty much is "cops trying to stop robbers", only without cop cars.

And I'm seeing Diesel and Gilette Fusion on my billboards.

Meh, I'd like some Mirror's Edge ads :(

crispyben

Ramenman said:
Also can someone who has access to the in game browser tell us what is supposed to be in that pack ? Police cars obviously, but "cops and robbers" suggests a new game mode. What's weird is, iirc, the online road rage pretty much is "cops trying to stop robbers", only without cop cars.
Just guessing here, but the difference with Marked Man may be in a "safe haven" to reach, or some kind of CTF action.

I only played that mode in Burnout Legends, and as far as I remember it was about hitting the car you're pursuing a number of times. There's no easy or immediate takedown. Who knows whether this will be different though.

Maybe the robbers have to pick up loot and drop it off at a junk yard or something, then if it's played in teams a team score would work with multiple rounds.

It's sure to be interesting what ever they do.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Roxas said:
Read the manual?
I read it but all it says is that options 1 by pressing 1 (which doesnt bring graphics and all those but rather brings something else) and options 2 by 2 (which doesnt do anything)
Anyway I got it figured you have to press F2 twice to get to those.
Now, please tell me how to retry......

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Mr. Spinnington said:
traded in my 360 edition for ps3 today, so here's my psn tag: Mr_Spinnington

make sure to let me know you're from gaf about burnout paradise if you add me :]
Look me up on PSN, I am going for my first Platinum with this game.

That's what I came in to say. I don't think any game has ever gotten me this rehooked. I played it for about 200 hours when it came out. Now I'm only about 4 trophies from a platinum and they are the easy ones (B,A,Burnout Licenses, Find all the events, and the Carson van trophies). I should have it in about 8-10 hours of game time. The patch really cleaned things up and made things easier to view. Game it a more sharp and vibrant look.

I installed the PC version last night and it recognized my lame $20 logitech controller and mapped the buttons accordingly. I was worrying that I'd have to either play with a keyboard or buy a 360 controller (for $56?!?)

5796463_sa.jpg

now I just need a good video card to run it as currently I have a 4.2 and the game wants a 5.0. Speaking of:

VisionTek - ATI RADEON HD 4870 X2 2GB GDDR5 PCI Express Graphics Card

or

VisionTek - ATI RADEON HD4870 512MB GDDR5 PCI Express Graphics Card

I have an AMD machine and I'd like to keep it in the family, eh. I realize that they are basically the same but that one costs as much as a PS3 and the other costs as much as a Wii.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
I wish people were actually playing quick races in the 360 version. All I want to do is do a set-up race without having to go through all that freeburn crap.

bune duggy said:

or

I have an AMD machine and I'd like to keep it in the family, eh. I realize that they are basically the same but that one costs as much as a PS3 and the other costs as much as a Wii.

well they aren't basically the same. One has 2gigs of memory and the other only has 512mbs.

I'm using a HD 4850 and it's pretty good. If you have the money I'd say go for the higher end model but the lower end one will probably do you just fine.

Oh shit, now just have to find it.

BTW love the new color pallete or whatever they did with the visuals, it doesn't look like a next gen shooter now with all the brown and gray.

jett

D-Member
bune duggy said:
I installed the PC version last night and it recognized my lame $20 logitech controller and mapped the buttons accordingly. I was worrying that I'd have to either play with a keyboard or buy a 360 controller (for $56?!?)

5796463_sa.jpg

now I just need a good video card to run it as currently I have a 4.2 and the game wants a 5.0. Speaking of:

or

holy fuck there are video cards with two fucking gigs of memory? is there anything that actually takes advantage of that?

Dougald

Just picked up The Ultimate Box for PC yesterday, and all I can say is I'm ashamed I gave this game the cold shoulder last year. I downloaded the PC demo partly out of boredom, and partly out of the "Demo is the entire game" curiosity. All I can say is WOW, I feel like an idiot for not picking it up sooner!

The game feels great, runs perfectly smooth on my modest machine, detected my 360 controller out of the box, and is just loads of fun! I love the little touches like sending a picture of my hideous, gloating face to the person I just slammed into a wall online.

After a few hours with the game, I was just about getting ready to stop playing... then I discovered showtime mode :D

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Holy shit I just got over 200000 points in stunt run because I fell through the map and got major airtime! :lol

Love this game, it's kinda easy now that you're used to not crashing though.

Top Bottom