• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
I have the PC version and am completely lost. Can anyone please explain that after going in-game, how to open the controls menu, the graphics menu...how to retry a race and all. I have played so many PC games and was never confused about menus in any of those....please someone explain the menu system....how to change key config...how to retry a race etc

Roxas

kittoo said:
I have the PC version and am completely lost. Can anyone please explain that after going in-game, how to open the controls menu, the graphics menu...how to retry a race and all. I have played so many PC games and was never confused about menus in any of those....please someone explain the menu system....how to change key config...how to retry a race etc

Read the manual?

Wizpig

Diablohead said:
I forgot all about those promotion cars, were they just unique skins for an existing car or a completely new car model?
I've got the Micromania Custom.
It's boring to get those promotion cars because you have, to get some of those, to change the language of your 360 before inputting the code...

Wizpig

Diablohead said:
You do a few races with the cars and start to get a little tired, so you head to the garage to change vehicle and select bikes, it's a completely fresh feeling again!

I been playing for like 4 hours now swapping between cars and bikes I love it.
No kidding, i got kinda bored of this game 1 month after it came out, because it was too hard for me compared to Burnout 3 - my favourite Burnout; now after every patch i play 2-3 days with the bikes and then get bored again.

Guess what, i basically forgot that playing with cars is a completely different game and, of course, there's much more to do.
Now to get my A License:lol
Great game, and the new color palette made it like 90% better.

Wizpig said:
No kidding, i got kinda bored of this game 1 month after it came out, because it was too hard for me compared to Burnout 3 - my favourite Burnout; now after every patch i play 2-3 days with the bikes and then get bored again.

Guess what, i basically forgot that playing with cars is a completely different game and, of course, there's much more to do.
Burnout 3 was my first burnout and I loved it, then their sequel made things worse :(

I love paradise and only used the restart feature a few times today, only because it's there otherwise I would just start another event.

I also like to sit there at night so the driver turns his engine off, then turn it back on again to hear the engine start up :lol

neoism

Blueblur1 said:
I'm a little surprised that Criterion has been able to update almost every aspect of the game and yet the soundtrack hasn't been touched. I guess that's a whole other can of worms but that soundtrack is really really stale.
The day I got the game I looked at some of the track and listen for a few days. After that music FX has been 0 ever sense, I just listen to music off the computer with soundFX in the game on low! The soundtracks in most EA games are garbage!

DId this happen to anyone else? All my billboards and smash gates reset, and are now unbroken/unknocked over. The number is still fine, and when I go through ones I already have it doesn't count them, but it annoying that I'll never know which ones I have and don't.

neoism

Wizpig said:

Me too, after every update, I play the game for 3 or 4 days no stop and then I get bored and quit til the next one. Last night, I luckily found some really good guys to freeburn with. We ended up playing for about 5 hours, it was awesome! I Love this game, (in spurts)

I got the Party pack for a party I hosted last night. I can't actually recommend it. The system they used to implement it sucks. They had 3 categories: speed, skill, and stunt. It needs to be much much specific than this because then you get stuck with unfun events or events that are just bad. For instance, the lets invert the controls and have you drift event. Yep, that was dumb. They need to make it so you get a list of possible specific events and you can choose them or be able to disable some of them.

Lince

Banned
Blu_LED said:
DId this happen to anyone else? All my billboards and smash gates reset, and are now unbroken/unknocked over. The number is still fine, and when I go through ones I already have it doesn't count them, but it annoying that I'll never know which ones I have and don't.

bug? happened to some people here, my PS3 version was fine though. Before the 1.6 patch I didn't have 100% of them smashed if that's make any difference.

Haeleos

Lince said:
bug? happened to some people here, my PS3 version was fine though. Before the 1.6 patch I didn't have 100% of them smashed if that's make any difference.

They reset them all if you have 100% so it's easier to see on stunt runs/races.

CoG

Wow, PC version is nice. Was getting 60fps @ 1080p 4x AA on a 9800GT. Didn't look noticiably different than the 360 or PS3 version though. Tempted to grab it but already have it for the 360. Might just get the PS3 version for $20. $40 is too much for the PC version considering it's a double dip.

This is the game of forever alright.

Wizpig

Diablohead said:
Burnout 3 was my first burnout and I loved it, then their sequel made things worse :(

I love paradise and only used the restart feature a few times today, only because it's there otherwise I would just start another event.

I also like to sit there at night so the driver turns his engine off, then turn it back on again to hear the engine start up :lol
My first one was Burnout 2 on the GC, ah memories :(
Then Criterion went all EA and decided Gamecube was a dead platform, so i bought Burnout 3 for the Xbox and got my mind blown, what an awesome game.
Don't get me started on Burnout Revenge though, such a letdown... i played it for like 4-5 days [Xbox 1 version, bought it day-one and i was super-hyped, i guess the 360 one is the "real" version with all the bugs removed, but i really couldn't care to buy the same game twice]

By the way today, playing Paradise online, i noticed a guy with a Burnout Revenge car.
How do you get it?

Agent X

Wizpig said:
By the way today, playing Paradise online, i noticed a guy with a Burnout Revenge car.
How do you get it?

That's the Revenge Racer. You get it by successfully completing the Burning Route for the 25 V16 Revenge.

I like the new update. The revamped color palette is nice, especially at night. Also, I noticed it "synchronized" the online Road Rules I got from both my original save file, as well as the new file I started about 2 months ago in an effort to get trophies. I switched back on the original file a few weeks ago, and since the update from two days ago, it now shows a few great Showtime scores that I got on the new file in addition to my old ones. However, most of my friends' Road Rules are now gone (I suppose they'll come back when and if they log onto the game), and the rivals/takedowns from online race events are reset to 0.

Xav

Blueblur1 said:
I'm a little surprised that Criterion has been able to update almost every aspect of the game and yet the soundtrack hasn't been touched. I guess that's a whole other can of worms but that soundtrack is really really stale.
If it were me I'd release a patch that let's Burnout Paradise read Rock Band music tracks on your hard drive. To be honest I miss the Burnout 2 days where the game had an original soundtrack not that it was any good but I loved how the music picked up when you used boost.

jasonng

kittoo said:

You navigate between menus via the F1 and F2 button or you can use the mouse to find what you're looking for. The graphics, control, and other configs is all on the Under The Hood menu. I agree, the menu system is a mess.

So can anyone please answer how to make the crashes go fast instead of slow?

Maybe I missed it, but it would be greatly appreciated if I could find an answer.

Gracias.

Wow. They revamped the ads in game too.

I got a Blue Jays Ticket Sales Ad (in Toronto, so it makes sense). What are you people getting on your billboards?

Wizpig said:
My first one was Burnout 2 on the GC, ah memories :(
Then Criterion went all EA and decided Gamecube was a dead platform, so i bought Burnout 3 for the Xbox and got my mind blown, what an awesome game.
Don't get me started on Burnout Revenge though, such a letdown... i played it for like 4-5 days [Xbox 1 version, bought it day-one and i was super-hyped, i guess the 360 one is the "real" version with all the bugs removed, but i really couldn't care to buy the same game twice]

How do you get it?
Hard to say whether it was Criterion or EA that said no to GC. At that point, Renderware was still in full force, and was on all platforms. It wouldn't have been much to port it over.

Ramenman

CartridgeBlower said:
So can anyone please answer how to make the crashes go fast instead of slow?

Wow, is that actually possible ?

By the way, I just got my A licence and noticed I only had like 29 cars out of 75 or something. So where the hell are all the other ones ? :O

Ramenman said:
Wow, is that actually possible ?

By the way, I just got my A licence and noticed I only had like 29 cars out of 75 or something. So where the hell are all the other ones ? :O
There are 35 car models. Each car has their own tweakes (earned from their burning routes). This brings it to 70 cars. There are other bonus cars from other ways to obtain them.

Erebus

AlphaTwo00 said:

I got a Blue Jays Ticket Sales Ad (in Toronto, so it makes sense). What are you people getting on your billboards?

Lots of Gillete Fusion ads.:lol

Btw I think some people mentioned that after the update, the game doesn't let them to change songs anymore during online or something. Am I doing something differently because the custom soundtrack options haven't changed for me at all.

Xav said:
If it were me I'd release a patch that let's Burnout Paradise read Rock Band music tracks on your hard drive. To be honest I miss the Burnout 2 days where the game had an original soundtrack not that it was any good but I loved how the music picked up when you used boost.
good thing they included music tracks from all of the previous Burnout games then, huh.

CoG

Wow, the SSAO option on the PC version cripples framerate. Q6600 @ 3.2Ghz / 9800GT went from a solid 60fps to low 40s. Anyone get that option to run at 60fps?

Xav

bune duggy said:
good thing they included music tracks from all of the previous Burnout games then, huh.
Like I said not that they were any good but the best part was how they picked up when you boosted. To my knowledge nothing happens to the track when you boost in Paradise.

The only musical filters I hear in paradise are when you are in the air (removes beat/bass) and when you are wrecked (muffles music), would be cool if boosting for 10+ seconds made the music treble raise up like in other games with boost, can't think of the game which does it right now the name slips me.

crispyben

I started playing the game in French language, then switched my PS3's language to English, but the game remains in French, so I couldn't see the announcement on the CGN (they need time to translate it), but here are the pictures of the Cops & Robbers pack:

1232642097-1copsandrobbers01.png
1232642042-1copsandrobbers02.png
1232642057-1copsandrobbers03.png

Diablohead said:
The only musical filters I hear in paradise are when you are in the air (removes beat/bass) and when you are wrecked (muffles music), would be cool if boosting for 10+ seconds made the music treble raise up like in other games with boost, can't think of the game which does it right now the name slips me.
I've run into situations where it's muffled the entire time no matter what car I'm driving. More than a little annoying.

bune duggy said:
I've run into situations where it's muffled the entire time no matter what car I'm driving. More than a little annoying.
You sure it's not just the big 4x4's you are driving? they seem to give the "i'm in a bigger car then you listen to my sub" effect.

I hope the cops & robbers pack adds offline modes too, no xbl untill june :(

jett

D-Member
bune duggy said:

Change to custom soundtracks. Problem solved.

Since I started the game over I can be certain it's not the large vehicles as I don't have any yet. I'll have to try the custom soundtrack thing. I forgot about it since I had to take all the mp3's off the HDD because I was running out of space (stock 60GB with 11GB just for Rock Band) but I just put a 320 in so I can put some new music on it.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
AlphaTwo00 said:

An endless sea of Mirror's Edge and Diesel jeans billboards here in the US.

zedge

Does the party pack only add split screen? Will I be missing out on alot if I only pick up the $19.99 version on PSN?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
TheGreatDave said:
So we can't stop the slow ass car crashes?
Yeah that can get annoying when you crash frequently.

I think it has the opposite of it's intended effect. It makes the crashes really plain and uninteresting. It would be great to see your just fly all over the place at a million miles an hour.

epmode

Jtwo said:
I think it has the opposite of it's intended effect. It makes the crashes really plain and uninteresting. It would be great to see your just fly all over the place at a million miles an hour.
So, so agreed. I wouldn't even mind if they just kept camera looking at the smoking wreck for 10 seconds to preserve whatever the normal penalty is.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Jtwo said:
Yeah that can get annoying when you crash frequently.

Agreed. Just like in previews Burnout. I've come to love bikes more than cars for the simple reason that they don't trigger that slow mo thing when you crash.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
arggg i just need this damn 8 players in stadium trophy for platinum lol.

Whenever I join a 8 player server they never start/challenge/go there. Whenever I start a server i cant get it to 8 people to start it myself :/

Bought the party pack since we have people over at my apartment every week and we love to play shit like pain/buzz/etc multiplayer games

paparazzo

AlphaTwo00 said:

Burger King: "better late than never":lol

TTP said:
Agreed. Just like in previews Burnout. I've come to love bikes more than cars for the simple reason that they don't trigger that slow mo thing when you crash.

I've started playing online all the time just because it seems like they don't do the slow-mo thing then.

I really wish in one of the next patches they give you the option to change crash speed.

It really makes them worse. I just want to get them over with now.

Whereas when you're online, you can really feel the hit because they don't slow them down.

It almost seems unanimous that people like them faster. Wonder why they haven't tinkered with that in one of the patches.

Top Bottom