• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

Hah toys look awesome, paradise keeps on giving!

I'll wait for feedback before spending my spare 500 space bucks on anything.

VOOK said:
WTF

I bought the stuff but the game can't see it or something? What gives :(
1ern77.gif

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
This thread is so damn confusing, is the toy pack only for the xbox 360??

edit: Had to check criterion's website, cool to see it/

I set 1.7 and the legendary cars to download with auto shut off enabled. hoping to fire it up as soon as I get home from work now.

now the real question is, can 1.6 be deleted after 1.7 is installed? I hope so

FightyF

Banned
Ramenman said:
Well you still gave them money for something you didn't want, which is still kind of stupid :p

You are right. But I did think it could have been something useful, I do have plenty of LAN parties at my place so Party mode, if done right, could have been a great feature. But yeah, what pisses me off most is that menu in the beginning, but it looks like it happened to even non-purchasers so I'll stop complaining about that.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I actually played party mode yesterday, not too bad. Easy trophies. I just need the 8p/8 Round trophy. Are the new cars out on PSN too?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
DMPrince said:
wow. the download for the 1.7 patch only took me less than a minute wooooo.

What kind of crazy internet connection do you have, I've been here for two hours :(

Actually those toy cars are more appealing to me than the legendary cars (except for the 88 special). 9 cars for 1000pts is reasonable. I'll probably pick this pack up.

shpankey

not an idiot
i thought there was a conspiracy about Criterion loving PS3 more? but now 360 users get content first. guess that blows out that conspiracy talk.

hopefully the ps3 stuff will be up by tonight so i can get it. i want that Toy F1 car!!! :D

shpankey said:
i thought there was a conspiracy about Criterion loving PS3 more? but now 360 users get content first. guess that blows out that conspiracy talk.

hopefully the ps3 stuff will be up by tonight so i can get it. i want that Toy F1 car!!! :D
well 360 usually get their content Wednesday while psn gets it on thursday but hey so who knows ;P

on one hand i'm glad i traded in my ps3 and 360 versions when i got the PC version, because i'd have broken down and bought these today, and then when they came out on PC in a month or so...

but damn i'm jealous of all you guys getting these already.

Mar_ said:
* The PlayStation 3 version of the game now features custom soundtrack support. Players are able to select music they have uploaded onto their PS3 hard drive and listen to it in-game. (The Xbox 360 version of the game already includes custom soundtrack support.)
Is this true? Every time I've tried to play music through the XMB in-game I've been told it's not supported, as far as I can recall. Is there another way to do it?

LouieGeetoo said:
Is this true? Every time I've tried to play music through the XMB in-game I've been told it's not supported, as far as I can recall. Is there another way to do it?
yep. easy drive menu. music needs to be mp3 though.

Returners

LouieGeetoo said:

It was already in v1.5. And yup, right on the d-pad.

Comments:

Legendary Cars: Cool, but...

Toy Cars: God DAMN AWESOME. Inferno Van is just hilarious.

Boost Special: Extreme Hot Rod is awesome++, if only you could turn. Hawker Mech is pretty good, and will be useful online.

DMeisterJ

Banned
fistfulofmetal said:
press right on the goddamned d-pad

I know it's been said, but the thread title really should be changed to, "The Official Burnout Paradise Thread of doing everything by pressing right on the goddamned D-Pad.

Burai

shitonmychest57
MrTroubleMaker said:
yes you can even delete it before/while the 1.7 is dl'n (but not in game, obviously)

Can we also delete the Cagney pack? I noticed it's not on the marketplace any more, so I'm guessing it's been superseeded by 1.6 and 1.7.

Burai said:
Can we also delete the Cagney pack? I noticed it's not on the marketplace any more, so I'm guessing it's been superseeded by 1.6 and 1.7.
Yes. On 360, the updates are cumulative. 1.7 contains all the rest before, and you can delete all the ones before it.

Sulaco said:
Are we supposed to download an 800mb update every time there's a new set of cars? :lol
Unfortunately, that's how the 360 version is setup. The PS3 gets the benifit of content packs that can sit on top of each other.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Returners said:
DID NOT KNOW EVERYTHING WAS OUT TODAY.

Now my wallet's really going be busted.

WHAT? Even the Toy cars?!?!?!!? I will be buying this tonight.

Lost and the Damned, Burnout off PSN, now Burnout DLC. Download purchases are killing me. Killing me with JOY!!!!!!!

Returners

dskillzhtown said:
WHAT? Even the Toy cars?!?!?!!? I will be buying this tonight.

Lost and the Damned, Burnout off PSN, now Burnout DLC. Download purchases are killing me. Killing me with JOY!!!!!!!

You should see my later posts

=(

Kryten

Of the Legendary cars, IMO the real star is not the 88 Special, it's the Nighthawk - what a brilliant car (they've even slipped in a computerised dash to the model). I can see myself using this quite a bit while I try to finish off my Elite license :)

Baron

Kryten said:
Of the Legendary cars, IMO the real star is not the 88 Special, it's the Nighthawk - what a brilliant car (they've even slipped in a computerised dash to the model). I can see myself using this quite a bit while I try to finish off my Elite license :)

Really? Hmm. Maybe I will bite and buy the whole Legendary pack instead of just the one car I wanted to get. I have about 14 more events for my Elite license, myself. Mostly stunts.

Top Bottom