• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

Burai

shitonmychest57
Linkzg said:
why is the delorean $4 compared to 2 for the others?

Because it's fucking ridiculously awesome. Putting it into hover mode and boosting the fuck out of it makes it go so fast so fast that the game can't push polygons quick enough and the framerate drops. It's that good.

It's ridiculously quick, 180 handbrake turns on a sixpence, looks awesome, leaves flames in your wake. It's the best of the Legendary cars by far.

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
For the record, while the Delorean is undeniably neat with its hover ability and flame trails, it's not exactly like you're going to be recreating scenes from the film in the game.

Also, the Ghostbusters Herse handles like a brick.

UraMallas

Is anybody else having trouble unlocking the trophies? I've tried the Nighthawk x3 chain boost one and the Bootlegger Silver Lake Super Jump while sounding the horn one. I did them both but no trophy unlocked. :(

XxBigP123xX said:
Getting a 3x boost chain in the GT Nighthawk. Trophy not unlocking. WTF.

Always-honest said:
same here
Looks like I'm not the only one. The trophies are busted?

Barso

Banned
I have a problem 360 version.
I have downloaded latest update 1.7 and also lucky enough to get the toy cars but now when playing online the game will sometimes freeze when driving along fast. The game eventually unfreezes and I find myself further along the road.
The game is basically frezzing the screen but the action is carrying on.
Anyone else experiencing this?
I don't think it's a faulty xbox.

Roxas

UraMallas said:
Is anybody else having trouble unlocking the trophies? I've tried the Nighthawk x3 chain boost one and the Bootlegger Silver Lake Super Jump while sounding the horn one. I did them both but no trophy unlocked. :(

Yes, the x3 Chain boost is bugged. The Super jump worked for me though. I just went to the airfield, did the barrel roll super jump through the hoop and did the horn.

UraMallas

Roxas said:
Yes, the x3 Chain boost is bugged. The Super jump worked for me though. I just went to the airfield, did the barrel roll super jump through the hoop and did the horn.
I'll try it again then...

How do you make each of the new cars' special "move" to work? I can't seem to get it to do it every time, I think it's some combination of brake and gas and maybe boost? How do I make the horn sound, the lights turn on and the rest of that stuff?

Ura's EDIT: Duh, it's just pushing in the left stick...

Mar_ said:
I haven't played any of the new cars. But to get the sirens going on say, the PCPD special etc, you click and hold the left stick down for a few seconds.
Yeah, I'm an idiot. Where do you even get the PCPD car? Was it in an older pack? Because I don't have it... (I don't know why I'm such a n00b all of a sudden.)

Mar

UraMallas said:
I'll try it again then...

How do you make each of the new cars' special "move" to work? I can't seem to get it to do it every time, I think it's some combination of brake and gas and maybe boost? How do I make the horn sound, the lights turn on and the rest of that stuff?

I haven't played any of the new cars. But to get the sirens going on say, the PCPD special etc, you click and hold the left stick down for a few seconds.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Came here to report the x3 boost chaing trophy glitch as well. I've done it 4 times on the PS3 and no trophy. The first 2 worked, haven't tried the other available ones.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
LiquidMetal14 said:
Came here to report the x3 boost chaing trophy glitch as well. I've done it 4 times on the PS3 and no trophy. The first 2 worked, haven't tried the other available ones.

Same here, x3 boost chain doesn't work. I've made the other 3.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
So hang I shouldn't have been able to get the Boost cars and Toy cars?

Awesome, I was having a blast with them last night, Delorean is awesome though

tried the delorean and ecto-1 so far, love them both!

for the delorean, I'd say that hover mode makes you go faster, but you lose handling. while racing I tend to switch between the 2 modes depending on if I'm turning a lot or not.

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
Gryphter said:
omg, ecto-1 is an absolute beast. you can takedown just about anything by just boosting into a guy from any angle it seems

Which would be awesome, except you can't make the most simple of turns. Simply dodging oncoming traffic is damned near impossible.

I think the problem with me buying the new cars is that I don't like sticking to the same car for too long, so paying $4 for a car just isn't worth it. Plus, I just find the fact that the Delorean is $4 to be a price gouge for the car they know people want, I wouldn't believe that took double the cost to make or anything. Of course they gave us all the free content, but it's still not worth it to me.

how do you get KITT's bouncing light to turn on?

edit: it happens when you boost. I was hoping to turn it on and leave it on, like Ecto-1's siren

Mar_ said:
Is this something that was patched in 1.7? Because it always annoyed me, when the sirens would accidentally come on, while making a quick turn. It would distract me, causing me to sometimes crash. It didn't take a few seconds, more like a single click of the left stick. If this has been changed in 1.7, then I'm a happy guy, since the PCPD WTR is my favorite car for races. Also, I've noticed they seriously nerfed its speed in 1.6. =(

Mar

FourSerioux said:
I think the problem with me buying the new cars is that I don't like sticking to the same car for too long, so paying $4 for a car just isn't worth it. Plus, I just find the fact that the Delorean is $4 to be a price gouge for the car they know people want, I wouldn't believe that took double the cost to make or anything. Of course they gave us all the free content, but it's still not worth it to me.

If you look at the video, that car has more going on than any car or item they've put in the game so far. If you know anything about Criterion, you know they fully model everything. When you crash most of the actual car parts in a car go flying in all directions, and they animate properly during normal driving too. I can imagine Criterion spent a damn long time making those flip up wheels + flame trails.

Having said that. I agree that they shouldn't be charging more for it. But hey, it's no skin of my nose personally.

As for playing and sticking to certain cars. I've most likely put around 350 hours into one car alone. The Carbon X12. It does everything I need, it's fast (some of my favourite moments in the game are flying past PCPD specials down straights, and out accelerating everything on the starting line), and it handles really well once you're used to its quirks.

George Claw M.D. said:
Is this something that was patched in 1.7? Because it always annoyed me, when the sirens would accidentally come on, while making a quick turn. It would distract me, causing me to sometimes crash. It didn't take a few seconds, more like a single click of the left stick. If this has been changed in 1.7, then I'm a happy guy, since the PCPD WTR is my favorite car for races. Also, I've noticed they seriously nerfed its speed in 1.6. =(

It's a bit random to be honest. Sometimes it doesn't seem to trigger so you hold it in for a bit. Sometimes it activates with a single click. And yeah, it can easily happen by mistake while cornering.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Gryphter said:
how do you get KITT's bouncing light to turn on?

edit: it happens when you boost. I was hoping to turn it on and leave it on, like Ecto-1's siren

And kitt goes into super pursuit mode.

McLovin

88 Special is soo awesome!
1. it really hovers.. it turns like its hovering too.
2. Once it hovers it goes fast as hell!
3. when you boost it leaves a fire trail.. which stays on the ground for a little while.
Very cool car, sooo worth it.

Baron

McLovin said:
88 Special is soo awesome!
1. it really hovers.. it turns like its hovering too.
2. Once it hovers it goes fast as hell!
3. when you boost it leaves a fire trail.. which stays on the ground for a little while.
Very cool car, sooo worth it.

I agree, it really is a blast to drive - er - fly around in. You can go mad fast in the thing, too. I was in a freeburn for an hour earlier and was just having a rivalry back and forth with a guy in the KITT car, smashing into each other over and over at super high speeds. Great fun! Well worth the money.

Giard

I downloaded patch 1.7....started up the game....XBOX live prompt. The menu changed a little, and the game told me to download the newest patch?

I redownloaded 1.7, and now it keeps getting stuck at 37%.

Goddammit. I tried clearing my cache, restarting the Xbox...no success. :(

Giard said:
I downloaded patch 1.7....started up the game....XBOX live prompt. The menu changed a little, and the game told me to download the newest patch?

When you say patch, it is the 870MB file that's at the Marketplace, right? That is different than the title update, which is what clearing the cache would do.

UraMallas said:

just the boost x3 for me

STG

Ive heard that, when you already did a 3x boost or more with another car, you cant get the trophy, so you have to backup the savegame and make a new one and do it, than put the old one back

dunno if it will work

STG said:
Ive heard that, when you already did a 3x boost or more with another car, you cant get the trophy, so you have to backup the savegame and make a new one and do it, than put the old one back

dunno if it will work
OH DAMN.... yeah.. i have a much higher boost record

So the 88 Special is indeed fast but only when flying? I take it the all 0 grades for speed & boost are for only when it's driving normally?

Damn! The 88 Special can fly! (pun intended) It's way faster than its speed rating would suggest, and the thing can practically stop on a dime, when hovering. What's with Criterion making the car stats seemingly random? Cars with low speed ratings smoke cars with higher ratings. Ecto-1 has a low strength rating. Is there some cryptic way I'm supposed to be reading the stats. I've unlocked every car in the standalone game, and the stats have always been hit or miss, IMO.

I gotta say, though, Criterion fricken rocks! I can't wait for the new island and toy cars. And the new car with selectable boost-type should be a boon for people just starting the game. Less need to hit-up the junkyard for an appropriate car, or skipping certain events, because you're not using a suitable car. On second thought, though, does anyone know if any of these cars have minimum license requirements? I already have my Burnout License, so if there were requirements, I wouldn't have noticed.

Diablohead said:
So the 88 Special is indeed fast but only when flying? I take it the all 0 grades for speed & boost are for only when it's driving normally?
The 0 grades were for missing stats. The car handles and drives competitively close to the regular Jansen P12s.

crispyben said:
It seems the GT Nighthawk trophy doesn't unlock, even after Burnout x10... Anybody get it yet?
Thank God it's not just me. I was going "ok, maybe I need to get a 4x? no? 5x? no? GAHH!!!" *controller goes through window*

The DeLorean is so damn fast.

also: I got the trophy for the jump w/horn the Duke Boys way: I went to Silver Lake and jumped over the water to get that one billboard. When it says "Silver Lake", it means "Silver Lake". Though getting it at the airfield sounds weird.

bune duggy said:
Thank God it's not just me. I was going "ok, maybe I need to get a 4x? no? 5x? no? GAHH!!!" *controller goes through window*

someone suggested to create a new save file for that one, since there was another burnout trophy... save/copy your save file though..... so you can restore it.

I feel that The General Lee is the most balanced out of the 4 Legendary cars. For racing I'm picking the Delorean, for Aggression I'm picking Ecto-1... but if I want a car I can try any event in without the need to return to the junkyard, I'm going with the General Lee.

as for Ecto-1's steering, you really need to ease off the gas with it. It's hard to not hold gas and boost down the whole time, but you can't control it when it's going that fast. The point isn't outracing others... the point is to Takedown anyone who gets in front of you.

fake edit: I was hovering with the Delorean and a car got underneath me. Easiest Vertical Takedown ever :lol

bune duggy said:

also: I got the trophy for the jump w/horn the Duke Boys way: I went to Silver Lake and jumped over the water to get that one billboard. When it says "Silver Lake", it means "Silver Lake". Though getting it at the airfield sounds weird.

yep, got it there to. seemed the logical place :p
but you can do it anywhere in silver lake.

maybe i'll try the 3xburnout save swap later... hoping for a faster solution to come buy before i try though...

edit: meh, trying it now.

LiquidMetal14

I like when you honk the horn with the last car and the Ghostbusters car then crashing to hear them come to a slow halt. Comedy here.

Toy cars, when exactly are they coming? Or did someone with Xbox just leak them for 15 minutes by accident?

Giard said:

Were you able to get this to work? If not I have an idea. Go to your system settings and set the background downloads to ENABLED. Then restart the download and turn your console off. It will go into the sleep mode and only download from the net. This might push the download through. Good luck!

LiquidMetal14 said:
I like when you honk the horn with the last car and the Ghostbusters car then crashing to hear them come to a slow halt. Comedy here.

Toy cars, when exactly are they coming? Or did someone with Xbox just leak them for 15 minutes by accident?
No one knows for sure. It's definitely accidental, as they were still trying to slowly unveil them.

HBP

I am weak and love Back to the Future so I bought the Deloeron, man I am glad I did, it was a lot of fun, I only had about an hour to play last night though.

Gryphter said:
I feel that The General Lee is the most balanced out of the 4 Legendary cars. For racing I'm picking the Delorean, for Aggression I'm picking Ecto-1... but if I want a car I can try any event in without the need to return to the junkyard, I'm going with the General Lee.

as for Ecto-1's steering, you really need to ease off the gas with it. It's hard to not hold gas and boost down the whole time, but you can't control it when it's going that fast. The point isn't outracing others... the point is to Takedown anyone who gets in front of you.

fake edit: I was hovering with the Delorean and a car got underneath me. Easiest Vertical Takedown ever :lol
Sold.

LiquidMetal14

10 more events for my first platinum trophy :D

Having a lot of fun with the new cars. They're adding lots more playtime to the game.

Has the x3 Boost Chain trophy been reported to Criterion?

shpankey

not an idiot
Man, I can't wait for the Toy Cars. I'm so jealous of you that were able to download it in time. The Toy F1 looks so f'n awesome.

Not to get ahead of myself... but after the Island Pack comes out... do they have plans to create more Islands or add-ons? It's obvious they had the Island add-on in mind from the start, leaving an area of the city just for that.

Top Bottom