• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

Oni Jazar

No love for the KITT car? That baby is fast as hell.

I think Burnout Paradise will be the first game I get a platinum trophy for (including 1000pts on 360 games and including any ps3/360 downloadable games).

KITT is good too, but I personally try to stay clear of Speed type cars. I don't like not being able to use boost whenever I want, plus they tend to go a little too fast for my liking. I won't be using KITT just because I like the other 3 better. I never watched the Dukes of Hazzard though, so I wish it were the other way around.

edit: when would you guys recommend I take BP online? I told myself that I'd get my BP License first (beat A rank). I have 25 points to go

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I read up on the ea.support site that deleting your save data (after backing up your save of course) and doing it with a new game save will do the trick with the x3 trophy. Will try in a bit to see if it works.

Returners

LiquidMetal14 said:
I read up on the ea.support site that deleting your save data (after backing up your save of course) and doing it with a new game save will do the trick with the x3 trophy. Will try in a bit to see if it works.

Let us know. Also, link to the support?

Gryphter said:
KITT is good too, but I personally try to stay clear of Speed type cars. I don't like not being able to use boost whenever I want, plus they tend to go a little too fast for my liking. I won't be using KITT just because I like the other 3 better. I never watched the Dukes of Hazzard though, so I wish it were the other way around.

edit: when would you guys recommend I take BP online? I told myself that I'd get my BP License first (beat A rank). I have 25 points to go
Freeburn, doesn't matter. As long as you can keep up. Online races, yeah, you'll probably want to have at least A.

Returners said:
Let us know. Also, link to the support?
it works. i did it. see a page before this one.

copy your save file to a usb stick, delete it on the ps3. start a new save file, get trophy, copy the old save file from the usb stick and it will overwrite the new save file..

old save file back and the trophy

Interfectum said:
Can you take these special cars online with you? If so, what do the other players see if they haven't downloaded the car pack?
well, i went online with the ghostbuster car, and i saw others with the same car but also the delorean.. so yeah :)

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Interfectum said:
Can you take these special cars online with you? If so, what do the other players see if they haven't downloaded the car pack?
You buy the unlock key. The cars etc are all included in the 1.7 update.

This game is so much fun! I can't wait to go home after work and play.

I usually grab one car and then just do every event I stumble across with it, but I can't do the car specific burning routes without changing, obviously. I guess there's no way to avoid it, huh?

Returners

AlphaTwo00 said:
You're not trying hard enough.

huh? I tried to barrel roll when in hover and all it did was fly off the split ramp. Makes sense to me cause barrel roll needs one wheel on the split ramp and in hover, no wheels are present. :D

Returners said:
huh? I tried to barrel roll when in hover and all it did was fly off the split ramp. Makes sense to me cause barrel roll needs one wheel on the split ramp and in hover, no wheels are present. :D
couldn't you hit hover just after hitting the ramp?

Giard

bigGIRLSblouse said:
Were you able to get this to work? If not I have an idea. Go to your system settings and set the background downloads to ENABLED. Then restart the download and turn your console off. It will go into the sleep mode and only download from the net. This might push the download through. Good luck!
I'll try that out.

Help please....

I got the big new dl a week or so ago when it came out messed around a bit.
Tried dling the new cars today, I see a thing on the dl section says All Cars! so I dl it thinking it was the new cars....nope, it's that EA style dl where you unlock everything (and I was close to doing that anyways). Great.
So I find the Legendary Cars dlc which is in the middle (instead of the bottom where you think it should be) of the dlc list and dl it.
When I go play it I'm offline and no cars...ok.
Go online and still no cars. It asks me to dl 1.7. It's nearly a gig in size so I think, oh, this must be last weeks dl and no way would they push out another huge dl in so short a time.

So was last weeks dl 1.6 and I have to dl 1.7? Was 1.7 last week and I have to dl it again? Am I doing something wrong to play with the legendary cars? Please don't tell me I have to race against them or something.

hey np. it really sucks that you accidentally bought the unlock all cars key. I guess it's an ok option for the lazy but I think it takes away a large part of the game then... I love chasing down new cars and taking them down

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Does anybody know when the Legendary Car Pack will be available on the Burnout Store on the PC version of the game?

The video obviously says it is, but the actual site only says it's availiable on Xbox Live and Playstation Network, and it's not anywhere to be seen on the Burnout Store for the PC.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I can confirm that the backing up and deleting of old data will net you the x3 boost trophy.

Also just for my platinum trophy about an hour ago :D

jett

D-Member
Oh you Criterion cocksuckers. I unlocked the final bike only to find out it still isn't as fast the Firehawk V4, pre-downgrade. That's just excellent, preparing for DLC, are we? I guess that'll be the only way to beat some of the online road rules that were done with now non-existant bike.

aw yeah this new bike also controls like ass. thanks criterion, that was smart thinking changing up the attributes of the vehicles.

what the hell is in this new 137MB waste of space of an update anyway?

Mar

jett said:
Oh you Criterion cocksuckers. I unlocked the final bike only to find out it still isn't as fast the Firehawk V4, pre-downgrade. That's just excellent, preparing for DLC, are we? I guess that'll be the only way to beat some of the online road rules that were done with now non-existant bike.

aw yeah this new bike also controls like ass. thanks criterion, that was smart thinking changing up the attributes of the vehicles.

what the hell is in this new 137MB waste of space of an update anyway?

They slowed the bike down? That's not cool...

jett

D-Member
Mar_ said:
They slowed the bike down? That's not cool...

Lots of vehicles were nerfed in update 1.6.

From what I can tell in 1.7 I just downloaded a bunch of cars I'm never gonna pay for. :p At least they fixed some 1.6 bugs, like not choosing your custom soundtrack during freeburn and your options settings not being saved.

Xater

Returners said:
Will try it when I get home.

88 Special is awesome. Though you can't really do barrel runs when in hover mode.

Doing barrel rolls in hover mde is totally easy and fucking awesome. I did 4 almost 5 (in one jump!) just on the beach ramp. :lol

-viper-

Banned
Seems like Burnout Paradise has undergone a complete facelift.

I don't remember seeing much grass in 1.6, yet now it's almost everywhere in Paradise city.

The UI has also turned a lot more blue.

Interfectum said:
considering there's a trophy for doing the sirens on the Ghostbusters car in an online challenge, yes.

Interfectum said:
You cannot connect online if you don't have 1.7. Everytime it's updated, the online connections will all check for having the latest version.

So yes, 1.7 has all the other cars too, because people can see my Toy Car being driven around.:lol

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Have this for the PS3 but also got if for the PC (lent the PS3 version out). 8800GT + San Joy PS2 Adapter = Fucken yes

Nitemare1

Gryphter said:
does anyone here use a wheel to play this game? just curious as to how it is

I've got a Logitech DFP I've been curious to try out. But I'm always too lazy to dig it out and set up a table to play on. lol. If i get inspired I'll try it out this weekend.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Out of the Legendary cars I have to go with the General Lee and the Deloran as my favorites. The General lee handles very well and when you take someone down and blow the horn it is soooo sweet.

The Deloran is what I wanted to play in a Back to Future game but better. The hover mechanics and blaze fire trail is quite cool. When I am in hover mode in a tunnel I can hear the hover vibrations in the tunnel, quite cool.

KITT, the knight rider car is too much when you use the turbo boost, its way too much speed in too little time. I find myself crashing too soon. not that fun.

ECTO-1 is far the worst of the bunch at least for me, the sirens are not like the real ECTO-1 and the car drives like a brick.

I bought all cars because I love burnout and hope Criterion continues with these awesome downloads, no other car game can match burnout.

Cannot wait for the burnout toys DLC.

Giard

Giard said:
It didn't work...dammit.
Still stuck at 37%.

I'll try it again tonight...this really sucks.

Annnnnnd no.
I'm scared of corrupting my save file if I tried playing it without 1.7, as I started playing when it was 1.6 and used the bikes a bit.

What a bunch of bullshit, why am I not able to download it.

Ydahs

Just got the update downloaded. Is it just me or are the car stats lower?

Everything seems more vivid. Is that what the graphical update did?

jmoe316

Giard said:
Annnnnnd no.
I'm scared of corrupting my save file if I tried playing it without 1.7, as I started playing when it was 1.6 and used the bikes a bit.

What a bunch of bullshit, why am I not able to download it.

Is this for Xbox 360? Do you have it hooked up through a router? I know I sometimes have problems with large files getting stuck at a certain point. If this happens, I plug the xbox straight into the cable modem instead of going through the router and let it finish downloading that way. Usually that does the trick and it is able to finish. Maybe you can try that if the modem is close by.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Ok Im getting back into BOP (especially now it has restart). I was putting down the controller to come and post on Gaf when a car I needed sped past me. I picked the controller back up and started chasing it up White Mountain!! Took it down and boy what a good feeling.

Anyway, I have a question. I have about 300/400 of the yellow smash fences and about 75 billboards. I am just about to acquire my B Class licence.

I see in the trophies that I haven't got some trophies retrospectively. Do I need to start again in order to gain trophies like acurining the D class licence????

Mar

Dizzan said:
Ok Im getting back into BOP (especially now it has restart). I was putting down the controller to come and post on Gaf when a car I needed sped past me. I picked the controller back up and started chasing it up White Mountain!! Took it down and boy what a good feeling.

I had some great moments with taking down the cars that drive around the city. But the one I love the most, is when I randomly slowed down to take a corner, almost to a stop. When a car flew at a billion miles an hour past me, clipped the front of my car, and careened into a wall. "CAR UNLOCKED".

I didn't even know it was around. It was awesome.

neojubei said:
KITT, the knight rider car is too much when you use the turbo boost, its way too much speed in too little time. I find myself crashing too soon. not that fun.

take it for a spin on the freeway... i made three rounds wihtout crashing.. it's very responisive at top speed imo

Top Bottom