• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

M3wThr33 said:
I'm on the PS3. Deleting the game data is a single choice. No partial roll backs.
From my understanding, for the PS3, you need to delete it all.

Unless you are on PSN, then you cannot get it.

Playing the disc version, going through a bunch of loading screens and short menus just to start driving is making me wonder if the download version is really significantly faster. Anybody able to vouch for a smoother experience with the PSN version?

M3wThr33

Banned
AlphaTwo00 said:
From my understanding, for the PS3, you need to delete it all.

Unless you are on PSN, then you cannot get it.

Basically my question (And what I'll find out soon) is if a game save is backwards compatible.

a few pages back, someone asked about a split second freeze while playing this game. at the time I said I didn't experience this myself (360) but I take it back. it happens to me, too.

Got my BP license earlier today. Not sure if I'm gonna go for an elite license or just play online until MadWorld comes out. I really do hate stunt runs though, and wouldn't want to do them for an elite license.

Shearie

Quick question for you AlphaTwo00 since you already have the boost cars: For the car that can change it's boost system, do the car's stats change as well or do they always stay the same?

Shearie said:
Quick question for you AlphaTwo00 since you already have the boost cars: For the car that can change it's boost system, do the car's stats change as well or do they always stay the same?
The stats are for the car, and I don't think they are suppose to change when you switch types. You can't switch the types in the junkyard, so no idea what the stats are. Outside of having the ability to switch between how to earn and use boost, I don't feel there is much of a change.

So, as a comparison: It's slightly faster than the Hawker Solo, but has less boost than it, and is weaker of a car.

Dilly

Banned
I just got to the point where I have 397/400 smashes and I can't find the last 3. I also haven't found the last event, which is pretty weird since I think I've driven everywhere.

I hope I still find it with beating the road rules.

Dilly said:
I just got to the point where I have 397/400 smashes and I can't find the last 3. I also haven't found the last event, which is pretty weird since I think I've driven everywhere.

Event: Check all 8 toll booths on the I-88?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
dilly,

sorry if you already know this but one of the start menu pages tells you which regions your missing smashes at least.

Kryten

Dilly said:

Everyone should do this (beat the Road Rules) - it gives you a far greater understanding of the city and the streets as well as cementing in your brain the location of the best shortcuts. It's certainly helped me with the Burning Routes :)

Weird thing last night - there were no online race sessions (360) so I created one, but I was only able to get 2-3 players to join me. The system registered that I had completed the races (since I got the Online & Kicking achievement for completing 20 races), but it doesn't appear to have registered any of the wins - am I missing something or is it all bugged to shit?

Also, Road Rage in Toy's is bloody hilarious - now I'm pissed I've only got the Toy WTR since it only takes 2 hits to kill it :)

Dilly

Banned
I'll try all the toll booths. I sometimes get confused because I completed the bike part fully, so I think I've already been there.

Yeah, I saw you can view the discoveries per region, which makes it a little bit easier, thanks for the tip anyway :)

shpankey

not an idiot
Kryten said:
Everyone should do this (beat the Road Rules) - it gives you a far greater understanding of the city and the streets as well as cementing in your brain the location of the best shortcuts. It's certainly helped me with the Burning Routes :)

Weird thing last night - there were no online race sessions (360) so I created one, but I was only able to get 2-3 players to join me. The system registered that I had completed the races (since I got the Online & Kicking achievement for completing 20 races), but it doesn't appear to have registered any of the wins - am I missing something or is it all bugged to shit?

Also, Road Rage in Toy's is bloody hilarious - now I'm pissed I've only got the Toy WTR since it only takes 2 hits to kill it :)
i dunno, i kept disconnecting from their servers last night too... but i'm using the PS3 (psn) version. i kept losing connection to EA's servers in NHL 09 too.

Dilly said:
I'll try all the toll booths. I sometimes get confused because I completed the bike part fully, so I think I've already been there.

Yeah, I saw you can view the discoveries per region, which makes it a little bit easier, thanks for the tip anyway :)
Bike Road Event spots don't unlock normal ones, and vice versa.

Dilly

Banned
Yeah, but in the end I confuse which one I did where :p

Just won 3 races in a row online, so I boosted my rank again. Awesome game online, everyone smashing into each other taking a different route than you, and then you end up picking the shortest route and win with seconds to spare.

I got all the billboards, but I still have one gate left to smash and it's somewhere downtown that I just can't find. I also have about three jumps left in three different zones so I'll have to do a search for those.

I have about 35 events left for my elite license so that won't take me much longer. I just got done finishing off all the Marked Man events... man, that was a test of frustration. I found the bigger stronger vehicles could of course take more crashes before becoming critical, but they were getting pushed around just as much as the speedy stunt cars I tried. In the end it was a trade off between being slower with more crashes or being faster with less crashes. But at least they're done, I'll never do those again by choice.

epmode

FourSerioux said:
I have about 35 events left for my elite license so that won't take me much longer. I just got done finishing off all the Marked Man events... man, that was a test of frustration. I found the bigger stronger vehicles could of course take more crashes before becoming critical, but they were getting pushed around just as much as the speedy stunt cars I tried. In the end it was a trade off between being slower with more crashes or being faster with less crashes. But at least they're done, I'll never do those again by choice.
This is probably REALLY obvious but I find that these events are much easier when you accept that you'll never outrun anyone, regardless of your vehicle. The trick is just to stay off the main mapped roads, even if it takes you slightly out of your way.

edgefusion

epmode said:
This is probably REALLY obvious but I find that these events are much easier when you accept that you'll never outrun anyone, regardless of your vehicle. The trick is just to stay off the main mapped roads, even if it takes you slightly out of your way.

Yep, the marked man cars very rarely follow you if you take a short-cut so they're a great way to stay out of trouble.

Giard

Well you're all probably sick of my 1.7 woes but anyways...
Seeing as I cleared my cache, I entered all sponsor car codes. I still haven't got my Burnout License though, only the A license. If I somehow manage to update, will I unlock the other cars once I get my Burnout License? Or do I have to get my Burnout License before updating?

Wizpig

I actually have another question about sponsor cars too.
Are the sponsor cars counted in the total cars in the game? you know, when you are in the Junkyard and it say "x of y Cars"?

Giard

Wizpig said:
Are the sponsor cars counted in the total cars in the game? you know, when you are in the Junkyard and it say "x of y Cars"?
Yep, but they also add up in the maximum number of cars.
So for each Sponsor car, you'd get
"x+1 of y+1 cars"

edgefusion

Wizpig said:

And without it sounding like a maths equation if you have 75 of 75 cars and add a sponsor code you then have 76 of 76 cars.

I took this online for ranked matches for the first time today. every single match I joined the host wouldn't start the event, but they were driving around. everyone was getting pissed and I could not find a ranked group where the host would actually start the match. Love BP and fun while it lasted... but I think I'm done with it now. shelving this one.

Everdred

Gryphter said:
I took this online for ranked matches for the first time today. every single match I joined the host wouldn't start the event, but they were driving around. everyone was getting pissed and I could not find a ranked group where the host would actually start the match. Love BP and fun while it lasted... but I think I'm done with it now. shelving this one.
This is my only issue with the game.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I uninstalled all the patches, typed in the code for the Steel Wheels GT, and reinstalled all the patched up to 1.60. My save still works. Everything's still there- the one bike I unlocked, all completed events, everything. :D

I'll install the 1.60 and 1.70 patches and go to bed. My PS3 is set to turn off after two hours, that should be plenty...

Hey guys, how do you earn the "Perform 3 Takedowns" trophy?

I've got my A class license, about 40 cars, and the Records menu displays I've performed 235 takedowns including a rampage where I did 15 in-a-row. I've shut down the Nakamura SI-7 and the Carson Inferno Van, among many others, but I still haven't earned the trophy. I started fresh with the trophy patch having never driven a meter before trophies were available. I'm at 41% completion now, so other trophies work just fine. Why not this one?

Returners

Nintendo Playstation said:
Hey guys, how do you earn the "Perform 3 Takedowns" trophy?

I've got my A class license, about 40 cars, and the Records menu displays I've performed 235 takedowns including a rampage where I did 15 in-a-row. I've shut down the Nakamura SI-7 and the Carson Inferno Van, among many others, but I still haven't earned the trophy. I started fresh with the trophy patch having never driven a meter before trophies were available. I'm at 41% completion now, so other trophies work just fine. Why not this one?

for the legendary car?

You have to delete your save and retry the 3x takedown. Or wait for criterion to issue a fix (they already know theres a problem)

Returners said:
You have to delete your save and retry the 3x takedown. Or wait for criterion to issue a fix (they already know theres a problem)
I picked the game up at a CC out-of-business sale and didn't play it before downloading the latest patch, so trophies were already available. I guess I could try backing up my save file. Will an ordinary flash drive do the trick? Or do you have any more info on this problem they know about? Thanks.

Nintendo Playstation said:
I picked the game up at a CC out-of-business sale and didn't play it before downloading the latest patch, so trophies were already available. I guess I could try backing up my save file. Will an ordinary flash drive do the trick? Or do you have any more info on this problem they know about? Thanks.

yep, just copy the save over to the Flash drive, delete the HDD save, do the 3x takedown to get the Trophy and then move your original save back.

crispyben

Returners said:
for the legendary car?

I don't think there's any such trophy for the Legendary Cars... It's strange that you did not get it, just back up your save on a USB drive and start anew, it should unlock.

Thanks, guys! Backed it up and started over. Entered a road rage and sure enough, Ding! There's the trophy. :lol
Don't know why it didn't work the first time, everything else has been flawless! *knocks wood*

MechDX

On the 360 version, downloaded the 1.7 patch and purchased the legendary car's....where the hell are they in the game????

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
MechDX said:
On the 360 version, downloaded the 1.7 patch and purchased the legendary car's....where the hell are they in the game????

Er... In the junkyard? Just select Legendary Cars from the menu that shows up when you enter it?

TTP said:
Er... In the junkyard? Just select Legendary Cars from the menu that shows up when you enter it?

Ha ha, I had the same problem when I bought them. I was looking all through my car junkyard before I finally realized they added a new option to the menu:

1) Cars
2) Bikes
3) Legendary Cars

what are the odds of the Ultimate Box coming out for consoles in the US? i want the game but if i can save a couple of gigs of hdd space if i wait a couple months, then ill do that

Finally got all the billboards, gates and jumps. The car you get for hitting all the jumps is fantastic, I barely have to drift around anything since it turns on a dime. Though I remember watching the quick look of the Party Pack on Giant Bomb and all the gates had returned after Jeff said he got them all. I was kind of hoping the gates would in fact come back, might make it easier for hitting short cuts when I'm at high speeds, does anyone know if they do? Perhaps that was just because of the party pack.

I finally finished the single player game last night, everything done 100%. :) I have to say it again BP is the best racing game ever! It's such a thrill boosting full speed through the city. As you get the faster cars you also realize that the map is actually pretty small. I really hope they going to release a new BP or add new city parts soon. I hope that island will have a descent size.
I would love if they would have some real cities available, it would be a blast driving around in San Francisco or even the complete Bay Area. That would be awesome.

kaskade

I just bought the PSN version of the game. I'll probably get nothing for trading in the 360 version so I guess I'll just keep it. Now to wait for the download to finish, and by the PSN speeds it'll probably take a few hours :(

shpankey

not an idiot
evil costanza said:
I finally finished the single player game last night, everything done 100%. :) I have to say it again BP is the best racing game ever! It's such a thrill boosting full speed through the city. As you get the faster cars you also realize that the map is actually pretty small. I really hope they going to release a new BP or add new city parts soon. I hope that island will have a descent size.
I would love if they would have some real cities available, it would be a blast driving around in San Francisco or even the complete Bay Area. That would be awesome.
it's safe to say, they aren't done with this franchise... i don't know the number, but I'm confident it's sold really well.

this game won numerous racing game of the year awards, is heralded now by all the media and fans and forums. and Criterion know it. they know they have an uber hit on their hands in what will no doubt become an uber franchise (well, Burnout already was).

they aren't done with BP either... they've said as much. I fully expect there to be more add-ons like the forthcoming island.

you are right though, it's definitely the best arcade racing game ever (I have to make that distinction, b/c Nascar Racing 2003 and Grand Prix Legends will live as greats forever too).

kaskade

shpankey said:
they aren't done with BP either... they've said as much. I fully expect there to be more add-ons like the forthcoming island.
They are coming out with the cops and robbers pack after the island which sounds really awesome.

shpankey said:
it's safe to say, they aren't done with this franchise... i don't know the number, but I'm confident it's sold really well.

Actually... sadly enough it only sold "ok". :(

did Critirion ever provide a time frame for the island release?

Top Bottom