• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

Mar_ said:
I had some great moments with taking down the cars that drive around the city. But the one I love the most, is when I randomly slowed down to take a corner, almost to a stop. When a car flew at a billion miles an hour past me, clipped the front of my car, and careened into a wall. "CAR UNLOCKED".

I didn't even know it was around. It was awesome.
I unlocked the first looking lemans type car (with the red K on it) by luck too, I was pissing about going for signs and while stopped on the road the car passed me, swerved around me as I was in the road and wedged itself against the corner of a building... but it never tried to reverse so it was stuck.

I just rolled my car into his side and accelerated and got a grinding take down on it :lol

Giard

jmoe316 said:
Is this for Xbox 360? Do you have it hooked up through a router? I know I sometimes have problems with large files getting stuck at a certain point. If this happens, I plug the xbox straight into the cable modem instead of going through the router and let it finish downloading that way. Usually that does the trick and it is able to finish. Maybe you can try that if the modem is close by.
Yes and yes. I've had no problems with even larger downloads before though, like the Halo Wars and Skate 2 demos. There's more than enough space for the 1.7 patch too.

The modem is not on the same floor, so it'll be kinda hard to plug it straight.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Dizzan said:
Ok Im getting back into BOP (especially now it has restart). I was putting down the controller to come and post on Gaf when a car I needed sped past me. I picked the controller back up and started chasing it up White Mountain!! Took it down and boy what a good feeling.

Anyway, I have a question. I have about 300/400 of the yellow smash fences and about 75 billboards. I am just about to acquire my B Class licence.

I see in the trophies that I haven't got some trophies retrospectively. Do I need to start again in order to gain trophies like acurining the D class licence????
Yes you do need to start over. I did, it was a hella fun trip. Took me about 18 hours to get my platinum. I have about 122 hours in my old save which I just restored. I have about the same completion percentage with my newer plat save. The online had me hooked when I first got it.

Once you start, it's hard to put it down.

So I've given it more time online with my "exclusive set of cars", well not quite. Right now, pretty much every game on 360 have at least one Delorean, if not more. Bigger rooms also has a damn good chance that someone will be driving the Extreme Hot Rod or the Toy Cars.

The Boost Special, I think, will be the pack to get for diehard Burnout fans. The different types of Boost will be really useful for online and beating records.

I just read in game informer in the Lost and Damned Article that Burnout had motorcycles and planes.... Now, I know about motorcycles. Did I miss the whole airplane thing?

Cdammen

I hate that one single player in an 8 person freeburn challenge game that is fucking around and not doing the event. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

And shit! That Back to the Future car is hard to take down with a stunt car :(

CharpyImpact said:
I just read in game informer in the Lost and Damned Article that Burnout had motorcycles and planes.... Now, I know about motorcycles. Did I miss the whole airplane thing?
No airplanes... yet.

beeps

I've tried using the Save Game Analyser for the PS3 version, it worked fine at first but now I'm down to the final 10 or so gates and it's still showing on the site that I've got 30+ which is making it hard to narrow down those I require.

Anyone else have this problem? I've cleared my web cache, completely deleted the save file from the memory card and recopied it over, tried new browsers - still shows more gates than there should be.

beeps said:
I've tried using the Save Game Analyser for the PS3 version, it worked fine at first but now I'm down to the final 10 or so gates and it's still showing on the site that I've got 30+ which is making it hard to narrow down those I require.

Anyone else have this problem? I've cleared my web cache, completely deleted the save file from the memory card and recopied it over, tried new browsers - still shows more gates than there should be.
Does the game auto save if you hit a gate or sign? if you were only doing them and never drove back to the scrap yard or something it might not have saved.

Also I wish they delayed the Ultimate Box untill this latest update was ready, delaying it a few weeks to feature this patch would have been much nicer. How big is the update btw? Seems stupid if I now have to download a 700mb update to go along with my ultimate box.

Dezcom

CharpyImpact said:

Last summer before Crash TV was started Criterion hosted some impromptu live video stream sessions and showed off some early-early-early prototype plane footage they were trying for kicks.

Go to about 36 minutes:
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/367597

beeps

Diablohead said:
Does the game auto save if you hit a gate or sign? if you were only doing them and never drove back to the scrap yard or something it might not have saved.
Thanks, it wasn't that put it put me on the right track. It doesn't seem to pick up autosaves - you have to manually save the game and then copy it across, not use the autosave file. It does say that in the instructions but I didn't realise it was significant - final smash gates here we come.

beeps said:
Thanks, it wasn't that put it put me on the right track. It doesn't seem to pick up autosaves - you have to manually save the game and then copy it across, not use the autosave file. It does say that in the instructions but I didn't realise it was significant - final smash gates here we come.
Awesome but be glad, I have to do it all the hard way on the 360 :lol

EA has now added a disc unlock onto the marketplace. It's the ability to buy all the cars in the game without unlocking them for 400MS.

I'm shocked it took them this long to slime this game with shady DLC.

paparazzo

AnEternalEnigma said:
EA has now added a disc unlock onto the marketplace. It's the ability to buy all the cars in the game without unlocking them for 400MS.

I'm shocked it took them this long to slime this game with shady DLC.
I'm not. When Skate 2 released a month ago, EA offered a $10 key that lets you skate everywhere that you would otherwise have to unlock manually. Why does this bother you anyway? No one is forcing you to buy this and it unlocks no new cars.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
The Skater said:
I'm not. When Skate 2 released a month ago, EA offered a $10 key that lets you skate everywhere that you would otherwise have to unlock manually. Why does this bother you anyway? No one is forcing you to buy this and it unlocks no new cars.

Some suckers will buy this & that will keep encouraging EA to do this more & more to the point games will be developed to be nerfed in some way where NOT buying those keys will be detrimental to the game.

Like a game coming out & going online to find people with unfairly powerful weapons/cars that you can not get in any way without months of playing.

FTWer said:
Some suckers will buy this & that will keep encouraging EA to do this more & more to the point games will be developed to be nerfed in some way where NOT buying those keys will be detrimental to the game.

Like a game coming out & going online to find people with unfairly powerful weapons/cars that you can not get in any way without months of playing.
You do know that there are entire economies of Asian MMOs that does that, right? And, in a way, it does exist in Burnout for the ranked races. I'd imagine some of the new cars will be in high rotation very soon.

This game has definitely hooked me again for the past couple days. I had picked it up last year and played it here and there, but I'm working towards finding and completing everything right, want to get the elite license.

Going to be tough with the billboards and gates though, I only have one billboard and two or three gates left, that'll be fun to find. I've done just about all the car specific burning routes (except for the one or two cars I've yet to unlock) and have about 55 races left to go for the elite. Probably won't get it done this weekend, but hopefully I can do it before SFIV and KZ2 come in next week.

kaskade

FourSerioux said:
This game has definitely hooked me again for the past couple days. I had picked it up last year and played it here and there, but I'm working towards finding and completing everything right, want to get the elite license.

Going to be tough with the billboards and gates though, I only have one billboard and two or three gates left, that'll be fun to find. I've done just about all the car specific burning routes (except for the one or two cars I've yet to unlock) and have about 55 races left to go for the elite. Probably won't get it done this weekend, but hopefully I can do it before SFIV and KZ2 come in next week.
Do you have the PS3 or Xbox 360 version? If you have the PS3 version you can use the discovery map to help you out.

Doodis

Okay guys, my friend bought the Delorean and but couldn't use it in any of our races online. So I figured maybe I needed to have a Legendary car as well, so I bought the Nighthawk. But that still didn't work.

Is there some reason we can't use the legendary cars in a race? Not even a ranked match, just a race between the two of us.

Doodis said:
Okay guys, my friend bought the Delorean and but couldn't use it in any of our races online. So I figured maybe I needed to have a Legendary car as well, so I bought the Nighthawk. But that still didn't work.

Is there some reason we can't use the legendary cars in a race? Not even a ranked match, just a race between the two of us.
No idea. Did you put a boost cap that is lower than the cars?

McLovin

Doodis said:

I just used that car in a race mixed a few hours ago...

ThePeacemaker02 said:
Do you have the PS3 or Xbox 360 version? If you have the PS3 version you can use the discovery map to help you out.

I have the 360 version so I can't use that unfortunately. I did find the last billboard though which was nice, now just the two gates which will no doubt be a pain. I have like 7 jumps left to find too actually, but those are harder to find since there's no indication of completion.

Kryten

FourSerioux said:
I have the 360 version so I can't use that unfortunately. I did find the last billboard though which was nice, now just the two gates which will no doubt be a pain. I have like 7 jumps left to find too actually, but those are harder to find since there's no indication of completion.

The count of jumps completed per city segment is included on the Discovery page. And there's a crap load less of those than smashes and billboards :) For your missing smashes, try the top of a couple of car parks, some of the ramps have the smash fences.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Anyone tried the game on the PC with a wheel yet? If so, how's the FFB? Is it strong? How's it play in general?

Wizpig

CharpyImpact said:
immagine1kkz.png

No date for this DLC yet. [probably part of the Island DLC]

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I just got the game yesterday, and have been mostly Freeburning online with randoms. Only done 2 races in the single player. I have 250 gates smashed, 50 billboards and 25 jumps in about 4 hours of play.

I have two questions:

1) Why when I load up my game are all of the gates, billboards and jump lights restored? How am I supposed to tell what I have and haven't done if they all look the bloody same. :(

2) How does the save system works? There's no way to quit to main menu, so I've been using the manual save and then just quitting to Dashboard. Are the auto-save and manual save the same? Which one does it load on first boot?

M3wThr33

Banned
AnEternalEnigma said:

Does that give you the promo cars that you can't unlock in the PSN version?

cjelly said:
I just got the game yesterday, and have been mostly Freeburning online with randoms. Only done 2 races in the single player. I have 250 gates smashed, 50 billboards and 25 jumps in about 4 hours of play.

I have two questions:

1) Why when I load up my game are all of the gates, billboards and jump lights restored? How am I supposed to tell what I have and haven't done if they all look the bloody same. :(

2) How does the save system works? There's no way to quit to main menu, so I've been using the manual save and then just quitting to Dashboard. Are the auto-save and manual save the same? Which one does it load on first boot?
1)This might be a bug. Coming out of Freeburn online and Party mode, everything is resetted for some reason.

2) Saving is done after every event or Junk Yard.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Yeah, I played Party Mode, then hit up my save and did some online, so I guess it just doesn't 'reset' the city to how your save has it on return.

Hopefully next time I jump in it'll be back to normal.

Wizpig

I downloaded the new patch.
You know, i'll never stop saying how much i love Criterion for giving us 1-year of free professional [not horse-armor] DLC but... but... yeah, this new DLC is really overpriced.

Sure, we can laugh at the 400 MSPoints key to unlock the free cars of the game, and the 800 points Party Pack may or not be worth your money if you play a lot of offline multiplayer [i don't] but these new cars... so expensive, damn it.
I really want all these new cars [i'm talking about the Toy/Boost ones too] but... at this point i'm really scared for the new island.
What is it going to be, 1.600 points?!

I also don't like how the new cars got PSN trophies but not 360 achievements: they did it for the party pack, why not for these...?

Wizpig

M3wThr33 said:
Does that give you the promo cars that you can't unlock in the PSN version?
Now you can't unlock those on classic Ps3 and 360 aswell... i guess those cars are gone forever?

But WHY?
I still have my Micromania Custom promo car, but...

Anyone cares to email Criterion about this? maybe i will, later.

Wizpig said:
Now you can't unlock those on classic Ps3 and 360 aswell... i guess those cars are gone forever?

But WHY?
I still have my Micromania Custom promo car, but...

Anyone cares to email Criterion about this? maybe i will, later.
The unlock code is still there if you roll back pass 1.6 update. It's been confirmed everywhere. The cars can still be used.

Wizpig said:
I downloaded the new patch.
You know, i'll never stop saying how much i love Criterion for giving us 1-year of free professional [not horse-armor] DLC but... but... yeah, this new DLC is really overpriced.

Sure, we can laugh at the 400 MSPoints key to unlock the free cars of the game, and the 800 points Party Pack may or not be worth your money if you play a lot of offline multiplayer [i don't] but these new cars... so expensive, damn it.
I really want all these new cars [i'm talking about the Toy/Boost ones too] but... at this point i'm really scared for the new island.
What is it going to be, 1.600 points?!
I have the Toy and Boost ones. If you have problems putting money down for the Legendary cars, then yes, Toy will not be worth it for you. It's strictly novelty of driving Toy Cars on Freeburn events. However, the Boost special will be interesting, as both cars will have their strengths in the game. Hawker Mech will be useful for freeburn as you can switch between the 3 types of boost, and Extreme Hot Rod will be a beast when it comes to setting up Road Rules. Right now, if you jump onto any online game, pretty good chance that 50% of the room will be populated by these cars, so clearly most people don't have much problem with them.

Is the island worth 1600 points, if it was priced there? Entirely dependent on number of events, or number of new content, and how big the island is in general. Right now, I'd put down 1600 points in a heartbeat.

Wizpig said:
I also don't like how the new cars got PSN trophies but not 360 achievements: they did it for the party pack, why not for these...?
It's been said already: 360 games are capped at 1250 points (rule from MS, and only Halo 3 has broken this). They can't add more and more achievements if they have some planned into the island.

Shearie said:
AlphaTwo00, how can you have the Toy and Boost cars when they're not out yet?
On the 360, MS screwed up and put all the unlock keys for purchase for maybey around 30 minutes. A bunch of people ended up with them before they were taken down.

Boost Special: 400 MS Points for pack, or 240 per car.
Toy Cars: 1000MS for entire 9 car set, or 480? for 4 car pack, 160 per car, and 240 for bike.

Wizpig

AlphaTwo00 said:
On the 360, MS screwed up and put all the unlock keys for purchase for maybey around 30 minutes. A bunch of people ended up with them before they were taken down.
No way... can you already use those online?

Wizpig said:
No way... can you already use those online?
Yes. All the content is rolled into 1.7. I've seen games where people are driving them too, and other people can see me on what I drive. It's clear that they aren't ready with it yet. Problems, such as the Toy Cars don't actually have a full collision for hitting other cars head on, exist.

Wizpig

AlphaTwo00 said:
It's clear that they aren't ready with it yet. Problems, such as the Toy Cars don't actually have a full collision for hitting other cars head on, exist.
Ugh, Criterion is already on bad terms with Microsoft, after this screw up i wonder how they'll react :(

Every time you hear Criterion talk about Burnout they talk like it's a Ps exclusive... they hardly mention Burnout 2 on Gamecube, Paradise on 360, etc.

Giard

Still..haven't managed to download the goddamn 1.7 patch. It's been what..3 days since I've tried at least 3 times per day to download it, and it always gets stuck in the 30%s.

I don't want to continue without 1.7, because I had already started playing with 1.6 and I'm scared it'll corrupt my save game if I play with no patch at all.

Should I send an e-mail to microsoft or Criterion or something? At this rate, I'll never be able to play the goddamn game again.. :/

Xav

dk_ said:
Damn, the Delorean is fun. I'm impressed the Burnout Paradise engine can keep up with that speed. :lol
It can't, well at least not on my system when boosting during a race with a few CPU racers.

M3wThr33

Banned
AlphaTwo00 said:
The unlock code is still there if you roll back pass 1.6 update. It's been confirmed everywhere. The cars can still be used.

So... what I can do is get up to the A license in 1.7, delete my data file, play offline, put in the codes, then reconnect the internet, upgrade and I'll get them?

Wizpig

M3wThr33 said:
So... what I can do is get up to the A license in 1.7, delete my data file, play offline, put in the codes, then reconnect the internet, upgrade and I'll get them?
Get to A and delete 1.7 and 1.6, then put the codes in.
It's a pain in the ass though.

edit. I just mailed Criterion about this removed Sponsor Cars option.

Top Bottom