• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

Merino

Made a friend buy this game when he announced this week that he got himself a PS3. Just out of pure respect to Criterion (and also faith in the fun of the game) I almost forced him to get this.

Also had him buy the EndWar + Official Headset combo on discount (40 euro's for both) so now we can communicate a bit while in game.

Pretty much the first time that I'm going online with Burnout as I'm not so much into anonymous online and we're having loads of fun!

evil costanza said:
Actually... sadly enough it only sold "ok". :(

did Critirion ever provide a time frame for the island release?
It's been said that all content that they have announced will be out before end of summer. What 'summer' means is up in the air.

Finally: 1000/1000 Achievement unlocked. Time for me to hack at the Party Pack, then go and take at stab at the PSN version. 101% done, on to 202%.

shpankey

not an idiot
Merino said:
Made a friend buy this game when he announced this week that he got himself a PS3. Just out of pure respect to Criterion (and also faith in the fun of the game) I almost forced him to get this.

Also had him buy the EndWar + Official Headset combo on discount (40 euro's for both) so now we can communicate a bit while in game.

Pretty much the first time that I'm going online with Burnout as I'm not so much into anonymous online and we're having loads of fun!
this is how i play... i have a friend locally who i talked into getting the game and a headset and we create private matches and just have a blast doing shit. sometimes we let a few people in so we can do the challenges.

Returners

Criterion on Twitter

ThePosterBoy said:
360 players , we know you've been feeling a little left out from the Criterion Games Network - news tomorrow will make you a little happier!

So 360 is getting the Network.

About the Hawker Mech. It's the car for me right now online. It's a damn good utility vehicle for online, and it's damn competent and verstile for most things. However:

- The Stunt Boost Bar doesn't stack up, as far as I know.
- Car's stats don't change as you swap between the modes.
- Slightly slower
- More Fragile
- Too easy to tap L3 to swap in a middle of a jump.

Returners

AlphaTwo00 said:
About the Hawker Mech. It's the car for me right now online. It's a damn good utility vehicle for online, and it's damn competent and verstile for most things. However:

- The Stunt Boost Bar doesn't stack up, as far as I know.
- Car's stats don't change as you swap between the modes.
- Slightly slower
- More Fragile
- Too easy to tap L3 to swap in a middle of a jump.

What are the stats anyway? is the stats more of a stunt car/speed car or aggression?

shpankey

not an idiot
Gryphter said:
wow @ hawker mech! watching the video, at first I thought the lights were the attraction... boy was I wrong
other than the lights, what is the attraction? it doesn't seem any faster than the Nighthawk or Delorean... am I missing something? i mean, it looks very cool, but other than that I don't see the "wow" that you guys are talking about.

shpankey said:
other than the lights, what is the attraction? it doesn't seem any faster than the Nighthawk or Delorean... am I missing something? i mean, it looks very cool, but other than that I don't see the "wow" that you guys are talking about.
Switchable boost on the fly.

Fill boost on Stunt, hit L3, switches to Speed boost, hit L3 again, switches to Aggro boost.

Burnout is coming to Steam :) Don't know when though :(
A buddy of mine who was right about Spore and EA coming, Braid coming, and most recently Square has said that Burnout is on its way as well.

edgefusion

jett said:
shitty piece of shitty shit that makes you take longer to start racing. :/

I have to agree. 1.7's major improvement seems to be that it now takes you 5x longer to actually start the game. As soon as I see the browser retardedly glitch into existence like it does I immediately hit O to close it.

edgefusion said:
I have to agree. 1.7's major improvement seems to be that it now takes you 5x longer to actually start the game. As soon as I see the browser retardedly glitch into existence like it does I immediately hit O to close it.
That was in 1.6. 1.7 was cars.

BeeDog

FINALLY got my Elite license after all these months :lol , feels good somehow. Still need all the Showtimes, but that's fucking boring (have like 25 left). Also succumbed and bought the Legendary Cars pack, wish I didn't :p but easy trophies are a decent incentive.

edgefusion said:

I wonder if the 360 version would be exactly the same or something new considering MS is so strict on things like that.

Awakened

LovingSteam said:
Burnout is coming to Steam :) Don't know when though :(
A buddy of mine who was right about Spore and EA coming, Braid coming, and most recently Square has said that Burnout is on its way as well.

Sweet. I figured it would eventually, but it's nice to have some kind of confirmation.

I wonder if the DLC will come to Steam as well? I don't think those extra levels for Mirror's Edge did yet.

Awakened said:
Sweet. I figured it would eventually, but it's nice to have some kind of confirmation.

I wonder if the DLC will come to Steam as well? I don't think those extra levels for Mirror's Edge did yet.

No but Valve responded to someones question stating they are working with EA on this matter.

I'm getting disconnected from Xbox Live everytime I boot up Burnout Paradise, but get immediately reconnected when I go back to dashboard.

Is something broken?

kaskade

Well I've played the PS3 version and it isn't a whole lot better than the 360 version. It just fells more like it's made for PS3. I'll be buying the legendary car pack once I make some more progress in the game. For some reason I never really played online so I think I'm going to start doing races and all that jazz now. I can't believe how Criterion has kept the game going this long and I love it.

Shearie

Does aggression boost make your car car stronger? If not, why even ever switch to it with the Hawker Boost Special when you got stunt boost? Aggression boost always seemed like the most useless boost type to me.

kaskade

Shearie said:
Does aggression boost make your car car stronger? If not, why even ever switch to it with the Hawker Boost Special when you got stunt boost? Aggression boost always seemed like the most useless boost type to me.
When you get a takedown in aggression mode you gain more boost than in stunt and your boost meter extends. You have to do stunts to gain a lot of boost with stunt boost. I can kind of see strategy, switch to aggression get a takedown then when you see a jump switch to stunt, hit a nice straight away and switch to speed.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I just unlocked the Kreiger Uberschall 8 and the Uberschall Clear-View. How many more cars do I need to unlock by shutting them down? I know of the Hot Rod Coupe and the WTR, any others?

Agent X

twinturbo2 said:
I just unlocked the Kreiger Uberschall 8 and the Uberschall Clear-View. How many more cars do I need to unlock by shutting them down? I know of the Hot Rod Coupe and the WTR, any others?

Those cars, along with the Thunder Custom, are the last cars in the game that you can obtain by shutting them down.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Agent X said:
Those cars, along with the Thunder Custom, are the last cars in the game that you can obtain by shutting them down.
Thanks.

Now, when Criterion releases all of the DLC, will they be done with the game? I just want them to get to work on a Road Rash revival...

BeeDog

Wooo, got 44,9 millions on Showtime on the road right outside the Country Club, feel like a fucking champ now. :p Hopefully it's registered online or something.

Anyway, my question is; the only thing I have left now are the Showtimes (I have 14 left or so). I have found everything else, gotten my elite license etc. but my car counter says 76/77. I have no more cars to shut down, so what I'm wondering is, does finishing up all the showtimes give you that last car, or is it something else?

Shearie

I hope Criterion does with their Island what Rockstar did with their new area for MCLA and offers the Island for free but charges for all the added content contained within it so it doesn't split the online community.

BeeDog said:
Wooo, got 44,9 millions on Showtime on the road right outside the Country Club, feel like a fucking champ now. :p Hopefully it's registered online or something.

Anyway, my question is; the only thing I have left now are the Showtimes (I have 14 left or so). I have found everything else, gotten my elite license etc. but my car counter says 76/77. I have no more cars to shut down, so what I'm wondering is, does finishing up all the showtimes give you that last car, or is it something else?
yes, you get one for completing all showtimes.

Description

Awarded for beating all of the Showtime Road Rules, this unique Hydros comes with Stunt Boost and a rear wheel drive conversion for more extreme stunt performance.

Dilly

Banned
I hate showtime, it always depends on how many busses you can find and when cars start toch crash into each other, you don't earn boost anymore.

crispyben

Mar_ said:
You're back! This and the Mirror's Edge thread were lonely without you.
Well, I had a little run-in with the law 'round these parts, that'll teach me not to read threads like I tell people to :p

Hopefully we get an announcement today for the next DLC, maybe this week!

EDIT: btw, Criterion Games Network is now available from the web, nice!

Ashour

I finally got my (1st and only) Platinum Trophy for this game 2 weeks ago I was so lucky that the last challenge the host picked was the stadium one so I got 3 trophies in a raw, 10 challenges, Wildcats Stadium and Platinum :D I was so happy I text all my friends to brag :lol

Everdred

I'm still trying to get the Play a round of Road Rage on the blue team, one on the red team but can't find a room!!!

crispyben

Ashour said:
I finally got my (1st and only) Platinum Trophy for this game 2 weeks ago I was so lucky that the last challenge the host picked was the stadium one so I got 3 trophies in a raw, 10 challenges, Wildcats Stadium and Platinum :D I was so happy I text all my friends to brag :lol
Nice! Now go for the 490/490 :D BP is my sole Platinum too, maybe because it's easier than the rest...

teiresias

I downloaded this game about two weeks ago and absolutely love just playing it for a few hours every night offline - haven't done anything online yet.

However, how do I get into Showtime mode? Apparently, there's no way to get a manual for this game if you buy it online so I still don't know how to do some stuff.

We need a Skate addon for Burnout Paradise. Electric skateboards with boost and stuff, and funky stunts to pull off. And a hoverboard ;D

Oni Jazar

teiresias said:
I downloaded this game about two weeks ago and absolutely love just playing it for a few hours every night offline - haven't done anything online yet.

However, how do I get into Showtime mode? Apparently, there's no way to get a manual for this game if you buy it online so I still don't know how to do some stuff.

L1 & R1 together while just driving around will trigger Showtime mode. I had to look it up online myself.

Top Bottom