• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

Timed my alarm perfectly. Woke up at 6:15, saw this thread, started downloading. :lol I'll get some time in on this before I leave for work. This should be a good day.

Ramenman

ohhh damn it's today :O

Crap, I've got to finish Bionic Commando so I can return it before the end of the week.

Oh well, I'll get on it this week end I guess.

Willeth said:
I hadn't thought of that, but it's easy enough to solve. Choose whether you want to use the whole map or just the original island when setting up an event. If you use the whole map, the ones who haven't bought it can't compete, but can still interact in a similar fashion to Cops and Robbers (which I actually like as a mechanic).

You're a mechanic?

:D

Got all but the last achievement for it. LOVE IT. Loved the jumps. Loved the multi-layered designs that are sprinkled all over the place.

AlphaTwo00 said:
PS3 or 360?

360 content is in Canada.

Heh.

I think I just assumed that said people were talking about PSN content because they were talking about it today.

Basically, I thought it was out on 360 already since the XBL marketplace usually updates earlier in the week.

That said, I just realized that the universal launch date was June 11th, so I guess the joke is on me.

(But seriously, downloading and starting up the V1.90 update on PS3 was such a tease.)

;_;

360 owner here. So I've downloaded a lot of Burnout stuff in the last year. Is all of that continually stacking up on my hard drive? If so, can I delete everything prior to 1.9 and be okay?

Each update contains all the previous content, but will remain until you delete manually. You can drop everything from Cagney to 1.8 when you download 1.9.

dammitmattt said:
360 owner here. So I've downloaded a lot of Burnout stuff in the last year. Is all of that continually stacking up on my hard drive? If so, can I delete everything prior to 1.9 and be okay?
Yes. Keep 1.9, delete all other data. Your Burnout game on 360 should not be bigger than 1.2GB (and I have everything on it)

XTERC

It is up in the U.S. (at least it was this morning before I went to work). I'm all patched ready to go online tonight. I managed to snag my last trophy for Platinum last night, so I'm in a Burnout kinda mood (it was my first Platinum).

alex1893

played for half an hour, so much fun, insane jumps there. :D 36/75 smashes, 21/45 billboards and 5/15 mega jumps down, already got 4 trophies, 1 for
a 750 yard drift all the way up at Inspiral Park.
... this is madness :D

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
So what time does the PSN update come live? This evening around 7-ish? I think I'll just wait to download the update until then.

I love it.

Played well over 4 hours, 1 event to do, 2 smashes and I think 1 Billboard, but am not sure.

This Island is so much win, I wish the rest of Paradise city was like this.

54-46!

I've unlocked three toy versions of the legendary cars (I assume that there is one more) and seeing as how the Olympus Governor and Annihilator Street Rod are new coats of paint I assume that there are two truly new cars? one being the Dust Storm.

jett

D-Member
Shearie said:
So Criterion isn't splitting the online community after all since people with or without the island can play together.

Oh really? How does that work when someone starts a challenge on Big Surf Island?

Shearie

jett said:
Oh really? How does that work when someone starts a challenge on Big Surf Island?

Don't know yet but my guess is that when the host picks an island challenge, only the people who have BSI participate and everyone else is shit out of luck until they throw some money Criterions way. You're not kicked out of the game if you don't have BSI, you just can't participate in the island specific online tasks. Pretty much how cops and robbers works.

EDIT - Just to be clear, even though people with or without BSI can play together, people who don't have BSI still can't go on the island online or offline and get kicked back or sent to the Burnout store if they try to.

Willeth

54-46! said:
I've unlocked three toy versions of the legendary cars (I assume that there is one more) and seeing as how the Olympus Governor and Annihilator Street Rod are new coats of paint I assume that there are two truly new cars? one being the Dust Storm.
Don't forget that there's a 'reward' for completing all 500 challenges. Whether it's a car or not, no idea.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
that'd be cool if they could watch the island from that parking garage, even see people doing crazy jumps, I'm almost tempted to go online before getting it.

mikeGFG

Banned
I think I may buy this for PC today. Two questions though:

Is this update and all prior updates available for PC?

and

How is the controller support, automatically assigned for 360 pads or what?

Willeth

I heard someone say that the spiral garage only goes up five levels, but I'm sure that Criterion have said that you could go all the way up and down. Can anyone test this out?

EDIT: Yeah, controller support works fine on the PC, but a lot of the DLC isn't out yet for it. I think the last one was the Legendary cars.

Willeth said:
I heard someone say that the spiral garage only goes up five levels, but I'm sure that Criterion have said that you could go all the way up and down. Can anyone test this out?

EDIT: Yeah, controller support works fine on the PC, but a lot of the DLC isn't out yet for it. I think the last one was the Legendary cars.
Yup. Only 5 floors when I checked it out.

I've complete all the event but I'm under 50% on my Big Surf Island lisence. I haven't unlock a car (except the Dust Storm and it's superior version)

Yeah does anyone know how cars are unlocked?

I've got loads of Smashes and Billboards, done some Mega Jumps (and fuck are they mega) and a couple of events and all I've got are the starting buggy and the Burning Route variant.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Criterion Games: gods.

cultofweaver said:
Yeah does anyone know how cars are unlocked?

I've got loads of Smashes and Billboards, done some Mega Jumps (and fuck are they mega) and a couple of events and all I've got are the starting buggy and the Burning Route variant.

Just keep winning events, like in Paradise City.

BeeDog

Haven't managed to play too much, but you immediately notice how much better this area is compared to the rest of the original game. Twisting and crossintersecting turns, great height differences and chock full of jumps. Good stuff.

Top Bottom