• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

what the heck is wrong with this particular download? I tried getting it again since the download yesterday didn't work this morning and it just won't work. I can download anything else from the store except for this update. Dammit. Is it the PSN or the Criterion servers that are giving me these problems?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
FerranMG said:
Man I bought this game last week and I'm completly hooked.

Today I've played for 3 straight hours. Very few times I've played a game so much time non-stop. I just got my A license. Really cool. :D

BTW, I have to say that one of the reasons I have bought the game is because for more than a year I've kept hearing about it. I don't think I'll buy any of the DLC, but the fact that there's plenty of it and that it's pretty cool is the main reason why I've bought this game a year and a half after it was released.

Oh you'll buy the DLC, trust me. I got the game about two weeks ago and said the same thing. So far I've bought a toy car, a special car, and the Island pack. I'm thinking about going for the Cops and Robbers too (online is so fun!) and I wish I could convince my family members to join in Party Play.

crispyben

netguy503 said:
Can you guys tell me the best way to get the "jumping through the donut" trophy? Thanks.
Why not try something crazy like "jumping" through the "donut"?

Sorry I'm being sarcastic, but your problem could be more clearly defined... Here's one of the ways to do it: get in your Dust Storm, get on top of the Parking Garage (not the Inspiral Car Park), then get on top of the building next to you that's not the Holness Hotel. From there, just boost towards the ramp in fro nt of Deese's Donut and you'll make it. While you're at it, keep going on these roofs, I think there are two more Billboards to smash there...

FerranMG said:
Man I bought this game last week and I'm completly hooked.

Today I've played for 3 straight hours. Very few times I've played a game so much time non-stop. I just got my A license. Really cool. :D

BTW, I have to say that one of the reasons I have bought the game is because for more than a year I've kept hearing about it. I don't think I'll buy any of the DLC, but the fact that there's plenty of it and that it's pretty cool is the main reason why I've bought this game a year and a half after it was released.

Welcome! Enjoy your stay, both in Paraside City and on Big Surf Island.

By the way, as a P12 enthusiast, I must say the Diamond P12 is a pretty nice reward for all 500 challenges :D

Danielsan

Went back to Burnout Paradise today.
I haven't bought any of the DLC, I think the prices are way too steep and besides, I've only completed around 50% of the original game. Started playing online for the first time today. First of all, holy shit this game's online mode is confusing. How do I go about playing some online Road Rage or Marked Man? I played some freeburn challenges online which was a ton of fun but man, organizing a party of 8 people to meet somewhere and do a challenge is a royal pain in the ass. There is always one asshole in the group who ruins it for the rest. Played some challenges with Mazyx which was fun. :)

beeps

There's so many UK-specific references that are going to fly straight over the head of everyone else; Grange Hill, Zammo Mansions, Noakes Plaza, Holness Hotel :lol I approve whole-heartedly.

Great DLC, some of the jumps are vertigo inducing.

FerranMG

Yeah, one of the problems I've had with the game is that, at first, is really confusing.

I only have played on-line once, but since then I've been able to read a bit about it in the internet and now it seems more clear. A bit of tutorial would have been nice.

Finished the all the events and road rules. Smashed all the billboards and gates. Jumped off all the mega jumps. Did the last freeburn challenges. That was fun.:D

I'd rather see Criterion do another Burnout than Need for Speed to be honest.

crispyben said:
By the way, as a P12 enthusiast, I must say the Diamond P12 is a pretty nice reward for all 500 challenges :D

What's up with this car, to be so hard to unlock ? Any special abilities ? Or just a shiny paintjob ?

alex1893

did they make the ski jump easier? I read that there's a trophy for a 4.5 sec flight but I got that one when I touched down at 4.19 secs from the ski jump... :D

Dommel

Anybody else notice that there are a few framerate drops on BSI (PS3)? Noticeably around the high hotel area with the parking lot.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
alex1893 said:
did they make the ski jump easier? I read that there's a trophy for a 4.5 sec flight but I got that one when I touched down at 4.19 secs from the ski jump... :D

yeah, I got it with 4.47

Psychotext said:
God damn, they maxed out both of them? They lied to us! :lol
HAHAHA.

I dunno, it's no worse than that jump over the beach back when the game first launched. I'd expect "v2.00" to fix it. :lol

What's your best air time on this ski jump ? I land a 6,03 sec with the Toy Special 88, don't really now how to be honest, because I wasn't even boosting, I was doing a flat spin

FerranMG

Could somebody explain a bit how do the online challenges work?

I've been trying to do some, but I enter somebody else's game, I do for example a big jump, but I don't get any reward.
I got no clue what am I doing wrong.

FerranMG said:
Could somebody explain a bit how do the online challenges work?

I've been trying to do some, but I enter somebody else's game, I do for example a big jump, but I don't get any reward.
I got no clue what am I doing wrong.
When you enter someone's game, the host can "set a challenge" from the list. Those are the challenges that you get to try to complete. Completing a big jump when the host didn't setup a challenge won't get you anything.

TimeLike

BSI 100% at 7hrs 48mins. This DLC rocks! Worth every penny. Now to get all 500 challenges completed. I know it'll never happen but I want that last car so bad.

FerranMG

AlphaTwo00 said:
When you enter someone's game, the host can "set a challenge" from the list. Those are the challenges that you get to try to complete. Completing a big jump when the host didn't setup a challenge won't get you anything.

Wow! Then getting all the challenges will be almost impossible!
Ok, thanks anyway!

FerranMG said:
Wow! Then getting all the challenges will be almost impossible!
Ok, thanks anyway!
Well start hosting! We have enough people on either systems (and some on both :lol ) that would be willing to do it. The hard ones are the 5-7 challenges, and it's all about getting the right people on board.

FerranMG

AlphaTwo00 said:
Well start hosting! We have enough people on either systems (and some on both :lol ) that would be willing to do it. The hard ones are the 5-7 challenges, and it's all about getting the right people on board.

I've tried it today a couple of times.
The first time, a guy joined but left in the middle of a race.
The second one, the game was open for more than 15 minutes but nobody joined. :(

I really, really love this game. I had not played it since getting 101% last year and I just figured out that when I switch to the bikes, THERE'S A WHOLE NEW GAME inside my Burnout Paradise. So awesome!!!

crispyben said:
Here's how the cars unlock:

* Carson Dust Storm > Available once you purchase the Big Surf Island Update
* Carson Dust Storm SuperTurbo > Win the Carson Dust Storm Burning Route
* Carson Annihilator Street Rod > Earn 100% on your Big Surf Island License
* Hunter Olympus Governor > Earn 50% on your Big Surf Island License
* Jansen P12 Diamond > Complete all 500 Online Challenges (Freeburn, Timed & Island) :D
* Toy Hunter Manhattan Spirit > Hit all 75 Island Smashes
* Toy Carson GT Nighthawk > Complete all 24 Island Road Rules (Timed & Showtime)
* Toy Hunter Cavalry Bootlegger > Jump from all 15 Island Mega Jumps
* Toy Jansen P12 88 Special > Hit all 45 Island Billboards

License percentage is made up of events and discoveries...
Oh LOL, that answers that.

FerranMG said:
I've tried it today a couple of times.
The first time, a guy joined but left in the middle of a race.
The second one, the game was open for more than 15 minutes but nobody joined. :(
Races != Challenges. In fact, it's one of the things I'm annoyed at: there are some very dedicated racers, but very few and far inbetween. Most just want to hang out.

Best hours, I think, are 7-12 on east coast, it catches the stragglers who are up late in Europe, the bulk of the players on EST, and the earlier players in the PST areas.

I found all Billboards on BSI. Only 2 Smashe are left. Big Surf Island is so much fun. Many stunts! i love it :) I really like the short cuts! There are so many of them :) I hope there will be another DLC with a new Island, too.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
jett said:
Framerate drops? That is some fucking failure on part of Criterion.
Indeed. The island is the only area in the game where I've noticed major slowdown. It's only for short spurts but still. I hope they can polish it up with a patch. Never hindered me though but I thought there was some bad slowdown considering how great the game runs most of the time.

levious

UraMallas said:
I'm looking for a group of 8 to get together and get in the Bobcats Baseball Stadium. PS3 version.

PSN ID: UraMallas

I'd like to get this trophy tonight as well as completing 10 Freeburn Challenges to get my Platinum in this game. I want to do this before I buy the new island, so I'd want people that aren't interested in Island trophies. Thanks, guys.

I'm with you man, send me a friend request thing and I'll hit you up today/tonight...

PSN ID: levious

UraMallas

levious said:
I'm with you man, send me a friend request thing and I'll hit you up today/tonight...

PSN ID: levious
I've got it but if you still need it, I'll definitely help you out! Hit me up if you need any help tonight. :D

Assembly Required said:
Same goes for you. If you need anything, hit me up!

Only just found out BSI is released and for 1k on xbl, I am very tempted especially that you can unlock a few new cars sweetens the deal for me.

Playing a challenge match now, if anyone wants to join, just send me an invite.

I know this isn't the online forum.

:D

PSN is same as username.

crispyben said:
Here's how the cars unlock:

* Carson Dust Storm > Available once you purchase the Big Surf Island Update
* Carson Dust Storm SuperTurbo > Win the Carson Dust Storm Burning Route
* Carson Annihilator Street Rod > Earn 100% on your Big Surf Island License
* Hunter Olympus Governor > Earn 50% on your Big Surf Island License
* Jansen P12 Diamond > Complete all 500 Online Challenges (Freeburn, Timed & Island) :D
* Toy Hunter Manhattan Spirit > Hit all 75 Island Smashes
* Toy Carson GT Nighthawk > Complete all 24 Island Road Rules (Timed & Showtime)
* Toy Hunter Cavalry Bootlegger > Jump from all 15 Island Mega Jumps
* Toy Jansen P12 88 Special > Hit all 45 Island Billboards

License percentage is made up of events and discoveries...

OMG FREE TOYS!!!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
So is this the last big DLC we are getting? Is Criterion done with this game? I don't see anything planned for the future on the official website.

levious

AnonymousNoob said:
Playing a challenge match now, if anyone wants to join, just send me an invite.

I know this isn't the online forum.

:D

PSN is same as username.

Thanks for the games, you to UraMallas...

BenjaminBirdie said:
OMG FREE TOYS!!!

Yeah, it's awesome to get to try out the toy versions of the legendary cars so I don't have to buy them. Especially the toy DeLorean, which flies and everything :)

You DO have to work to get them, though.

Top Bottom