• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

fuck. download & installed patch, still can't purchase through burnout store, i'm parked right in front of the bridge to the island and it's staring at me, taunting me. :'(

Yeah I'm now down to 2 Stunt Run events (that I will never ever beat) and I've finished all the Time Road Rules and still just have the first two cars. Does anyone know when they should turn up?

robot

Havent played this in awhile - anything else worth purchasing besides the new island? Don't play much multiplayer.

crispyben

Here's how the cars unlock:

* Carson Dust Storm > Available once you purchase the Big Surf Island Update
* Carson Dust Storm SuperTurbo > Win the Carson Dust Storm Burning Route
* Carson Annihilator Street Rod > Earn 100% on your Big Surf Island License
* Hunter Olympus Governor > Earn 50% on your Big Surf Island License
* Jansen P12 Diamond > Complete all 500 Online Challenges (Freeburn, Timed & Island) :D
* Toy Hunter Manhattan Spirit > Hit all 75 Island Smashes
* Toy Carson GT Nighthawk > Complete all 24 Island Road Rules (Timed & Showtime)
* Toy Hunter Cavalry Bootlegger > Jump from all 15 Island Mega Jumps
* Toy Jansen P12 88 Special > Hit all 45 Island Billboards

License percentage is made up of events and discoveries...

54-46!

Well, I've done everything I can do in singleplayer now.. guess I'll have to do some freeburnin to get those last 25% on my license :)

alex1893

crispyben said:

* Jansen P12 Diamond > Complete all 500 Online Challenges (Freeburn, Timed & Island) :D
* Toy Carson GT Nighthawk > Complete all 24 Island Road Rules (Timed & Showtime)

what, you can unlock toy cars? fuck yes :D

thought about buying at least the Toy Jansen because that's my favorite car in the game, now I can save even those 2 bucks :lol

edgefusion

All 500 online challenges? I guess that's a car I'll never see the light of. Trying to organise a room of 12 year old tossers to complete a coordinated task is hard enough without trying to do it 500 times.

Everytime I get pulled back in to BP, I get addicted all over again. I just spent 2hr30mins doing all the jumps, smashes and billboards, and it barely felt like it. Although Big Surf is smaller it feels much more dense with stuff.

Well, that's a shame. I cannot find the last smash. It has to be in Midtown, which isn't THAT big, but I've driven around there for like one hour and no luck yet!

Ah well, I will fire up some of those Freeburn challenges so I can try to find it while I play with my friends.

BeeDog

Gah, two billboards and 4 gates left. Fuck it.

Anyone checked if the Save Game Analyzer works with Big Surf Island yet? I don't have the option to test it right now.

Chris R

edgefusion said:
All 500 online challenges? I guess that's a car I'll never see the light of. Trying to organise a room of 12 year old tossers to complete a coordinated task is hard enough without trying to do it 500 times.
This times infinity.

Got on around noon today my time, downloaded the update, finished 100%ing my bike license, started to work on getting all times at night since I had the day times when finally I was able to purchase my 100kb key (Insert roll eyes here)

Island is sweet, just sucks that all the smashing/billboards/ect has to be done in a car :( I was starting to like the bikes.

Mar

crispyben said:

Fuck yeah!

I wish there was an achievement for it too. But the car is a start.

Not sure I'll ever use it though. I love my Carbon X12 too much.

Two Smashes, Two Billboards (both in Perren's Point and one of them I can see but can't work out how to get to yet) and two Mega Jumps to do. Time for a podcast on my headphones while I drive around very slowly looking for places I haven't been yet.

Agent X

Die Squirrel Die said:
Everytime I get pulled back in to BP, I get addicted all over again. I just spent 2hr30mins doing all the jumps, smashes and billboards, and it barely felt like it. Although Big Surf is smaller it feels much more dense with stuff.

I just spent a great deal of time cruising Big Surf Island as well. It's great to have a whole new batch of smashes, billboards, and Super...um, I mean Mega Jumps just waiting to be conquered. It brings back the same sense of discovery that I had in the early weeks of Burnout Paradise.

El-Suave

Probably a really stupid question - got all the trophies except the 1st tour of the island one. What do I have to do to get that? Didn't play events yet...

robot

That island is awesome. Some really insane jumps packed in such a small location. Almost caved and bought the DeLorean knockoff, but maybe another time.

Was playing online with my brother and noticed I couldnt choose a bike from the garage. Am I missing something, I downloaded the Bike pack awhile ago.

Agent X

El-Suave said:
Probably a really stupid question - got all the trophies except the 1st tour of the island one. What do I have to do to get that? Didn't play events yet...

That's just what you need to do...play an Island Tour event.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
robot said:
That island is awesome. Some really insane jumps packed in such a small location. Almost caved and bought the DeLorean knockoff, but maybe another time.

Was playing online with my brother and noticed I couldnt choose a bike from the garage. Am I missing something, I downloaded the Bike pack awhile ago.

I don't think you can switch to bikes while you're already in an online game, not sure.

dralla

My PS3 died a couple weeks ago and I lost my BP save, I don't feel like doing it all over again [not now anyway]. Anyone want to upload a save file that's got all the cars unlocked on the PS3 version? I haven't updated my BP yet so the trophy patch isn't there and I'm hoping this will allow me to use the save without any problems. thx

XTERC

Fantastic DLC! Thanks Criterion. I've managed to get all the Island trophies bar the online challenges, and I doubt thats going to be too tough if I try soon.

Jumps are insane, the extra 'verticality' really enhances the experience. $12.99 Well spent. I think I'm going to put it down for the night though, I don't want to blow the newness all in one go.

Are we done with DLC now? I think the 1.90 is begging to be 2.00.

Adam Prime said:
So what are the online challenges for the Island... are they going to be hard to do all 10?
No, they are very easy. All ten can be done from 2 to 8 players.

I wished there were more challenges for this Island. They were pretty easy and I hope they put out more challenges for the Island in the near future.

dkeane

Amazing DLC, had a lot of fun playing through the challenges last night.
The buggy is a great car. Got all billboards and missing one gate. going to drive me crazy trying to find it.

Assembly Required said:
Yeah, buyer's remorse set in not too long after driving around the island for a bit. Did a few events. Could be that I'm tired but uhhhh.. *shrugs*

Yeah, I was really tired. I went online and did a few random freeburn challenges.. AWESOME stuff. Hopefully I'll be able to knockout all 500...

Wizpig

Some of the Premium DLC [2 or 3 Toy Cars] are now free in the Island DLC? What about people who paid for those cars months ago?

Did i miss something? like, these being new Toy Cars not included in the Toy Cars DLC?

Ashour

dralla said:
My PS3 died a couple weeks ago and I lost my BP save, I don't feel like doing it all over again [not now anyway]. Anyone want to upload a save file that's got all the cars unlocked on the PS3 version? I haven't updated my BP yet so the trophy patch isn't there and I'm hoping this will allow me to use the save without any problems. thx

Unfortunately even though you can copy the save file for BP and upload it, it will only work with the original account it was made with, so downloading a save and trying to play it on your PSN account won't work (or that's how I remember it anyway), the other thing is you need a fresh save to get trophies an old save won't work.

crispyben said:

thanks! :)

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Good grief Stunt Runs are HARD. I just suck at them so bad, I don't know how I will ever crack 300,000+ multiple times to clear them.

epmode

Adam Prime said:
Good grief Stunt Runs are HARD. I just suck at them so bad, I don't know how I will ever crack 300,000+ multiple times to clear them.
Take it slower. The thing to know is that the timer essentially freezes at 0 seconds if you're in the middle of a stunt. And you can keep a stunt going almost indefinitely if you tap the boost every few seconds.

FerranMG

Man I bought this game last week and I'm completly hooked.

Today I've played for 3 straight hours. Very few times I've played a game so much time non-stop. I just got my A license. Really cool. :D

BTW, I have to say that one of the reasons I have bought the game is because for more than a year I've kept hearing about it. I don't think I'll buy any of the DLC, but the fact that there's plenty of it and that it's pretty cool is the main reason why I've bought this game a year and a half after it was released.

Top Bottom