• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Danielsan said:
I don't know.
Is there anyone who bought the dlc key on the US store who is willing to share it?

Hit me up, psn levious... Might be able to do it until tomorrow though

netguy503

levious said:
Hit me up, psn levious... Might be able to do it until tomorrow though

Hopefully you two will be sharing alot of games together in the future as your accounts will be forever linked after this action and you only have 5 share slots.

kbear

netguy503 said:
Hopefully you two will be sharing alot of games together in the future as your accounts will be forever linked after this action and you only have 5 share slots.
nah, you can deactivate them

Dementia

Coldsnap said:
Whats up with the new cars in Big Surf Island? I've done all the events and I'm still only on the second car.
You get three toy cars for smashing all of the billboards, gates and hitting all the megajumps.

big_z

the island was fun but it seems to be thrown aside online. trying to do the 10 online island challenges is impossible...

paparazzo

big_z said:
the island was fun but it seems to be thrown aside online. trying to do the 10 online island challenges is impossible...
If you're on on PS3, I'd be happy to help with the challenges. PSN: JackBauer07

big_z

The Skater said:
If you're on on PS3, I'd be happy to help with the challenges. PSN: JackBauer07
thanks but im on the 360. hopefully luck will come my way tomorrow... the game needs a voting system so people can vote on the next event/challenge.

crispyben

With Big Surf Island comes a new online challenge: become King of the Roads! It's the sum of your Cars and Bikes (Day & Night) Time Road Rules for all 12 roads on BSI.

Check yours on the Criterion Games Network and do better than this...

wgvsqx.jpg

levious

just noticed you can set it to not bother with the browser site on start up, has it always been like that?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
levious said:
just noticed you can set it to not bother with the browser site on start up, has it always been like that?

Really? How do u do that?

edit: Found it. Awesome.

There are 9 cars in Big Surf Island which are unlocked thusly:

1. Given to you when you start a game on the Island.
2. For winning the Burning Route for the 1st car.
3. For setting Time and Showtime Road Rules on all Big Surf Island roads.
4. For hitting all Mega Jumps in the island.
5. For hitting all Smashes on the island.
6. For hitting all Billboards on the island.
7. For getting 50% on your Big Surf Island licence.
8. For getting 100% on your Big Surf Island licence.
9. For completing all 500 Freeburn, Timed, Bike and Island online challenges.

big_z said:
Impossible?

You can do those 10 Island Challenges with only 2 players or up to 8 players. I might help if the difference in timezone isn't that big. (as of now posting this message it's Tuesday 17:53)

NIN90

Quick question:
Does the Ultimate Box contain some sort of payed DLC or is that stuff in there free DLC (similiar to L4D GOTY)?

levious

ultimate box has the Party Pack, which is ten bucks standalone I believe.

Hey guys, I'm going for my last few trophies but cant get them because they require other people. I need to meet 8 people in Wildcats stadium and win a cops and robbers 5 round version. No one is ever playing Cops n Robberz on the PS3 version. If any of you guys want to help me, my PSN is BelligerentOC... I love this game.

crispyben

BelligerentOC said:
Hey guys, I'm going for my last few trophies but cant get them because they require other people. I need to meet 8 people in Wildcats stadium and win a cops and robbers 5 round version. No one is ever playing Cops n Robberz on the PS3 version. If any of you guys want to help me, my PSN is BelligerentOC... I love this game.
I'll add you later today. Come on people, don't you wanna be King of the Roads???

2ch2rms.jpg

I improved my overall time by 6 seconds, only in cars, but there's so much traffic on BSI that a clear run is very rare!

It's a bit tiresome trying to rack up online challenges - there's always someone who just can't read, doesn't know where I-88 is, went to the toilet or whatever. How did you guys go about getting the online challenges? I went to the online subforum, but there were no paradise threads :S

crispyben

Captain Knutsman said:
It's a bit tiresome trying to rack up online challenges - there's always someone who just can't read, doesn't know where I-88 is, went to the toilet or whatever. How did you guys go about getting the online challenges? I went to the online subforum, but there were no paradise threads :S
There is one, but it disappears when not bumped, which it isn't a lot these days... Your best bet is to host the room, and select the players as you go. Adding some GAFfers is a good idea too, we sometimes have nice sessions. And patience, lots of it, maybe even more so now :D

Mar

Captain Knutsman said:

There's a reason why I've played for over 400 hours ;).

But seriously. I really enjoyed doing all the challenges. I had some great moments and made heaps of friends. It probably helps if you're on the 360 I guess too, with voice communication supported heavily. Besides the obvious advantage of co-ordination between players. It was also common for people to just ask the host to run a certain couple of challenges. You'd be surprised how many hosts are just randomly picking shit, and actually really welcome the players input on what you want to play.

But yes, the one thing you learn playing Burnout Paradise. Is the art of patience.

Think i'll just skip on the online challenges then. As fun as they seem I don't want to wait around for some dumbshit ruining everything. Might check out freeburns every know and then to see if i'm lucky hitting some engaged players or join activities in the burnout matchup thread, if they ever happen again ;)

I keep driving around the island but I am still missing about 15% of the remaining shortcut gates, 10 or so billboards and ONE superjump, keeping me busy that's for sure.

r4z4

crispyben said:
I'll add you later today. Come on people, don't you wanna be King of the Roads???

I improved my overall time by 6 seconds, only in cars, but there's so much traffic on BSI that a clear run is very rare!

Awesome, will give this a shot on the weekend. I have you on my friends list and your name keeps popping up when I set my records :p

All, hit me up on PSN: r_4_z_4 if you want some company online.

big_z

Captain Knutsman said:

gaf needs a burnout date night or something so that people can do the challenges without dealing with fucktards.

my favorite challenge is the barrel roll through the cement ring in the airfield. i've done that six or so times by now. love parking my car behind the barrelroll mini ramp. this makes the challenge impossible to do since other cars clip my roof and it fucks up their jump. the sounds of prepubescent squeals over my headset brings me great joy.

big_z said:
gaf needs a burnout date night or something so that people can do the challenges without dealing with fucktards.

my favorite challenge is the barrel roll through the cement ring in the airfield. i've done that six or so times by now. love parking my car behind the barrelroll mini ramp. this makes the challenge impossible to do since other cars clip my roof and it fucks up their jump. the sounds of prepubescent squeals over my headset brings me great joy.
Way to go back on what you first said :lol

crispyben

r4z4 said:
Awesome, will give this a shot on the weekend. I have you on my friends list and your name keeps popping up when I set my records :p
Woo :D I'm not even that good, you should see the times set by some of the people I've friended over the past months :lol That guy INELLAN is just demoralizing, but at least it gives me a benchmark...

I'll bump the Online thread with the PSN IDs of all interested GAFfers.

Willeth

levious said:
does the 360 version have the in game browser?
There's a news page when you first boot, I assumed that's what the PS3 version also had. Does it load up a website every time? That sucks.

levious

Willeth said:
There's a news page when you first boot, I assumed that's what the PS3 version also had. Does it load up a website every time? That sucks.

yeah I guess that's the same thing then, not sure, with it switched off, boot up is much faster.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
levious said:
yeah I guess that's the same thing then, not sure, with it switched off, boot up is much faster.

No, it's not the same thing.

PS3 version had the integrated news page like the 360 one for a while. But then developers switched to a web based solution with allowed to actually browse the thing as well as compare stats, read twitter news and a lot of other cool stuff.

The option to turn it off refers only to the PS3 web-based news page.

Willeth said:
Does it load up a website every time? That sucks.

Website was specifically created for console browsing so it's pretty light and it loads in about the same amount of time it took the old news page (the one 360 owners are stuck with) to show up.

Edit - Here is a video (uploaded myself - I though YouTube had everything wtf?) showing the browser in action so u can get an idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGI23sWmi7c

thelastword

Banned
Hey guys, I need to get that 8 players meet at the wildcats stadium for platinum, it can be a real pain in the rastaman to get everyone to stay in. I tried once, got the challenge completed, "that's battering ram" but never got the trophy, don't know what happened.

PSN=tlword

Hit me up and let's do this. Just tell me the time you guys are ready to go.

Dementia

thelastword said:
Hey guys, I need to get that 8 players meet at the wildcats stadium for platinum, it can be a real pain in the rastaman to get everyone to stay in. I tried once, got the challenge completed, "that's battering ram" but never got the trophy, don't know what happened.

PSN=tlword

Hit me up and let's do this. Just tell me the time you guys are ready to go.
Ugh, yeah, that's my last remaining real trophy too (Fuck you Criterion for requiring a useless peripheral to get a trophy). It's been surprisingly hard to get people to cooperate and meet at the stadium.

I'll be later today, so I'll add you then.

My PSN = Capt_Mhead

thelastword

Banned
Dementia said:
Ugh, yeah, that's my last remaining real trophy too (Fuck you Criterion for requiring a useless peripheral to get a trophy). It's been surprisingly hard to get people to cooperate and meet at the stadium.

My PSN = Capt_Mhead
Yes, sure, I'll be on after work.

Belligerent and other guys missing this trophy let's coordinate and do this. Crispy Ben and all others willing to help out and make this smooth will also be appreciated. PSN = tlword. please indicate your interest in this trophy and I'll add you or feel free to add me.

Dementia said:

My PSN = Capt_Mhead
It was really easy for me. I literally turned on my headset and said "Everyone drive to the stadium for the trophy" and literally everyone stopped what they were doing and drove right to the stadium.

Top Bottom