• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

Wizpig

Thanks, that website is a nice idea, even if some games like Avatar are still worth 1000 points even with THEIR system.

Anyway, i played like 2 hours or more... and i swear i saw a player with an invisible car online; you could see the dirt he made and could hear the sound effects of his car... but the car was invisible.
What the f? 360 version by the way.

acevans2

I bought the Legendary Cars and the game won't give me the trophy for doing a super jump in the Silver Lake area in the Cavalry Bootlegger.

Pissed.

Oh, and Cops and Robbers would be awesome if anyone actually had it. Shouldn't have charged for a game mode... maybe just the cop car skins.

Wizpig said:
Thanks, that website is a nice idea, even if some games like Avatar are still worth 1000 points even with THEIR system.

Anyway, i played like 2 hours or more... and i swear i saw a player with an invisible car online; you could see the dirt he made and could hear the sound effects of his car... but the car was invisible.
What the f? 360 version by the way.
Sounds like a sync issue with the host and all other players. No biggie, as long as you aren't doing events with them. :lol

Quick question. I haven't played the game since before they even patched in trophies for the PS3 version. I want to get back into the game and basically start from the beginning I suppose (my only real option, right?). Is deleting my save the best way or is there some in-game restart option?

Valkyr Junkie said:
Quick question. I haven't played the game since before they even patched in trophies for the PS3 version. I want to get back into the game and basically start from the beginning I suppose (my only real option, right?). Is deleting my save the best way or is there some in-game restart option?
Think so.

How come on the Criterion Games network, my Island license says I'm only 0.67% completed. I'm well over that, I already have all the Island trophies (expect the Freeburn one). Why does the site say that?

Agent X

Valkyr Junkie said:

If you want to start over from the beginning, then you need to delete your old save game file.

If you play using your existing game save, then you should be able to earn some trophies, but not likely all of them. If you made a fair amount of progress on your original game save file and you want to keep it, then back it up to external storage before you delete it. You'll be able to restore it again at a later time, after you've earned the necessary trophies on a newer game save. That's what I did.

Agent X

Blu_LED said:
How come on the Criterion Games network, my Island license says I'm only 0.67% completed. I'm well over that, I already have all the Island trophies (expect the Freeburn one). Why does the site say that?

You might be missing some events or Road Rules.

BTW, that page is a little messed up on Criterion's end. "0.67%" should read "67%". When you get 100% of the Island license, it'll show "1.00%".

Agent X said:

BTW, that page is a little messed up on Criterion's end. "0.67%" should read "67%". When you get 100% of the Island license, it'll show "1.00%".
Oh okay, thats got to be why. I'm somewhere around 67% in the game.

crispyben

For those interest in online Freeburn (mostly challenges I guess), there are two possible sessions this week on Wednesday and Saturday, more details in the online thread.

BTW, Island stats are back online...

license_island_elite.png

No45

acevans2 said:
I bought the Legendary Cars and the game won't give me the trophy for doing a super jump in the Silver Lake area in the Cavalry Bootlegger.

Pissed.
You need to sound the horn while making the jump.

acevans2

No45 said:
You need to sound the horn while making the jump.

I am straight up dumb. I wasn't sounding the horn, and I wasn't even on a Silver Lake jump... I got over into White Mtn. while looking for one.

No45

crispyben said:
Not the originals, though?
Yeah, I think L3 is only relevant on some of the DLC cars. Horn on the General Lee and hover mode on the Delorean are the only two I know for sure.

M3Freak

Banned
Agent X said:

Hey, I missed you online the last few times because I keep falling asleep after turning my PS3 on. Fuck! :)

I did manage to play Big Surf Island during the day yesterday, and man was it fun. BP is a great game. It's my second most played game (after R:FoM).

Does anyone have a list of the patches and their sizes for PS3? I can't access Criterion's site due to work filters. Can I pick which ones I want or do I have massive downloads ahead of me?

MotorbreathX said:
Does anyone have a list of the patches and their sizes for PS3? I can't access Criterion's site due to work filters. Can I pick which ones I want or do I have massive downloads ahead of me?
Right now, if you have no patches applied before, you're looking at around 1.2GB.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Good playing online with a few of you last night on PSN...

Anyone be interested in sharing/trading DLC? I have Big Surf and I'd be willing to trade outright for Cops and Robbers or Party Pack, or Car packs. Let me know, like I said on PSN.

I also have the Dalorean DLC, Toy Indy car racer individual cars.

magus

This game is great. Why didn't I buy this before! :D

I want to do some of the meet up stuff with 8 people. Anyone going to do that tonight?

PSN: Magos

FerranMG

Adam Prime said:
Oh you'll buy the DLC, trust me. I got the game about two weeks ago and said the same thing. So far I've bought a toy car, a special car, and the Island pack. I'm thinking about going for the Cops and Robbers too (online is so fun!) and I wish I could convince my family members to join in Party Play.

Ok, I just bought the Legendary Cars Pack. :D

The Delorean is just awesome. A bit overprized, but the game is fun as hell. I don't mind either to show a bit of $upport to the developers.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
FerranMG said:
Ok, I just bought the Legendary Cars Pack. :D

The Delorean is just awesome. A bit overprized, but the game is fun as hell. I don't mind either to show a bit of $upport to the developers.

The Delorean Toy Car in Big Surf Island is BETTER! But you gotta work a little bit to unlock it.

Adam Prime said:
The Delorean Toy Car in Big Surf Island is BETTER! But you gotta work a little bit to unlock it.
Love that little thing. It's so hard to crash, super light and really fast. And I didn't have to pay an extremely bullshit price for it.

UnluckyKate said:
But I do hate it's sound compared to the original...
So true. I don't know how the original on sounds, but this one makes a high pitched screech when in hover mode, and a really weird engine grinding sound when in regular mode. I've gotten used to it by now anyway.

Chris R

Just started a PS3 room (tag rhfb) to try and do all the Island challenges and maybe some of the other ones after that! Join please :( I want 100% Island License .

Chris R

If it was one of you who helped me get my 100% then thanks :) if not, thanks random internet person.

Now to finish the rest of the local stuff to get everything unlocked there, then decide if I want to do all the online races and go buy an eyetoy for platinum :lol

rhfb said:
If it was one of you who helped me get my 100% then thanks :) if not, thanks random internet person.

Now to finish the rest of the local stuff to get everything unlocked there, then decide if I want to do all the online races and go buy an eyetoy for platinum :lol
For PS3, any webcam will do.

What version do most gaffers have, ps3 or 360? I have the ps3 version right now but just "sidegraded" my old 360 pro with an arcade to go HDMI (and to have a newer 360), and I'm seriously debating picking this up for the 360 as well. Not many of my regular friends have the game, but if gaffers are doing game nights on a particular platform I'm down with that. :)

This is the first game I've really had no issues with picking it up on two platforms. Criterion really did a great job.

Baron

I just unlocked the Toy 88 Special, and holy crap is it awesome. I use the normal Jansen P12 and 88 Special quite a bit, but this one kicks it up a notch even beyond those. I love the sound it makes in hover mode, it's like a little vacuum cleaner or dustbuster or something. **bzzzWEEEEEEEEE**

btw, I am online now trying to do some island freeburn challenges if anyone is interested in joining me. PSN ID is "indigentia".

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Man, I just downloaded the update, saw the island, went there as fast as possible thinking it's free to roam around there and then that message popped up T_T

Top Bottom