• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

Dementia

Blu_LED said:
It was really easy for me. I literally turned on my headset and said "Everyone drive to the stadium for the trophy" and literally everyone stopped what they were doing and drove right to the stadium.
Well I guess I haven't played online enough, because every time I do try to do that (probably only 3 times now) there are always one or two players that are stubborn jackasses and/or mentally challenged.

I'm online right now if anyone wants to try for the wildcats baseball stadium trophy or just do some online challenges, btw.:D

Kccitystar

Once I got my Burnout license, everything on my map reset and all of the races that had checkmarks reset themselves. I didn't exactly win every challenge/race, but still, WTF?

Is this like New Game+?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Kccitystar said:
Once I got my Burnout license, everything on my map reset and all of the races that had checkmarks reset themselves. I didn't exactly win every challenge/race, but still, WTF?

Is this like New Game+?

It's normal. Every time you get a new license, all events reset cos they change in difficulty.

To permanently clear all events, you have to complete them after you got the last license.

Kccitystar said:

Is this like New Game+?

No.

Now you get to do everything over again to get your Elite Burnout license.

Kccitystar

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
No.

Now you get to do everything over again to get your Elite Burnout license.

Nice. I am trying to 100% the regular game before I buy all of the extras and work on completing those.

Anyway, I upgrade to Elite in 117 wins. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

crispyben

r4z4 said:
Woot!
bpbsirecord.jpg

Feel free to add me (PSN: r_4_z_4) if you are trying to be King of the road.
Aaaaaargh! I told you I wasn't that good :D I focused on Mirror's Edge Platinum yesterday, then I did a few challenges with a PSN buddy, but I'll try to catch up to you ASAP.

People, add me if you need help, as long as you host: Grandben

Wizpig

What's up with all these "this is how the actual game should have been" DLCs?

Lost & Damned > GTA IV [missions]
Island > Paradise City [the free-roaming side of it]

Wizpig

Unregistered007 said:
developers listen & learn.
I guess; however, at least one thing some people asked for still isn't in the game :(
A GPS-like function.

I know i'd like it... "push "Back" and select an event on the map, then the small map to the right of the screen tells you where to turn to reach that event."

Wizpig said:
I guess; however, at least one thing some people asked for still isn't in the game :(
A GPS-like function.

I know i'd like it... "push "Back" and select an event on the map, then the small map to the right of the screen tells you where to turn to reach that event."

Streets' names are blinking to guide you...

Wizpig

UnluckyKate said:
Streets' names are blinking to guide you...
Say i'm in the center of Paradise City and i want to go to the Island... that's what i'm talking about.
OUTSIDE of an event i'd like a GPS function to guide me in Paradise City. [GTA IV / Chinatown Wars like]

Anyway, holy jesus at the Crash TV Jump:lol

Pallaris

the wildcats trophy as well+/freeburn challenges - PSN: Hellblazer

-add me with burnout/gaf in the msg if you're interested. thanks i'm on now

Pallaris

Does anyone know if the save game analyser on Criterions site works with the PSN release? I noticed the directory of the EXPORT file it's asking for is named a little differently on the PSN version and the export file doesn't work - site just loads then does nothing.

Mar

Wizpig said:
A GPS-like function.

This has been talked about quite a bit in the early days of this thread. The whole navigation system. Yes, it eats the ass of a hairy man. But Criterion couldn't put a better system in due to patents or some such crap. I still find it hard to believe, but that's what they've said.

Gazunta

Bit of a long shot, but can anyone give me clues why I get disconnected a few seconds after joining any online game? Sometimes I just get disconnected from the Paradise servers, sometimes my router just resets itself and I lose LIVE for a minute or so. This is the only game this happens with - every other game I play online just fine.

Coldsnap

Anyone down for online challenges for big surf, possibly get the achievement? I have some free time tonight and want to do these challenges. Add me and send me a msg ColdsnapBryan

Mar

Gazunta said:
Bit of a long shot, but can anyone give me clues why I get disconnected a few seconds after joining any online game? Sometimes I just get disconnected from the Paradise servers, sometimes my router just resets itself and I lose LIVE for a minute or so. This is the only game this happens with - every other game I play online just fine.

No idea man, that doesn't sound right. It could be that the Burnout online stuff is a little janky due to the popularity of the island... But that's a bit of a long shot. I've never experienced problems unless they were doing maintenance on the servers.

I'm about to jump in with some friends in about 30mins. I'll see how I go. Haven't played the island yet.

Edit: I just got an error code while browsing the online store. It can't download thumbnails and shit. Maybe XBL is broken at the moment.

dralla

sigh, I can't even play this anymore. every time I try and start I get this

2dbtmrb.jpg

there's no BP data on my HDD at all so there's really nothing I can do

sun-drop

oh .. ok ..i thought it refered to the events as shown on the map ..you the trafficf light stuff.... is there a list of what the 15 are?

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
PSN kamorra
I'm all in for the Island freeburn challenges.

I also still need Win a game on the Robbers team, Win a best of five rounds game and Win a game driving the Watson R-turbo Roadster. Which is impossible to do with random strangers because they either don't play Cops n Robbers or the host doesn't start the game.

Mar

Just finished an epic 13 hour stint in BP. Played the island with a bunch of my friends and finished everything in it. Played some single player to finish everything else, then jumped online and played with some randoms. Finished the session with a few more friends joining for more billboard busting fun.

The island surprised me with how much content was in it. Billboards all over the damn place. However contrary to what it feels like when you first start. None of them a particular hard to figure out how to get. The gates and jumps likewise.

I was pretty disappointed with the 10 challenges they added though. When I first started playing the island a friend and I just drove around for a good while jumping and busting shit. Then started the challenges and realised all they really do is get you to do what you'd do when playing it randomly anyway. Like jump through the lighthouse, or the ski jump. No imagination went into the challenges at all and they are all incredibly easy. And therefore, somewhat boring.

Otherwise, I loved the content. Easily worth the 1000 Allards. The toy special cars as unlocks is a very nice addition too (I never bought the big versions of the cars).

The only problem I can think of is that during online play, there's not much reason to go to the island. There's nothing that can be routed through it, and going there just separates you from everyone else. I don't know if there's anything they could have done to make that better. Like more roads running through it or something. But right now with only one long bridge leading to it, there's just no reason to go there if you aren't there already.

But yeah, 13 hours worth of awesome.

Wizpig

I still don't understand the Friends tab in the Criterion Network website...
How can the game understand how many friends of in your 360 list played Paradise? only 1 friend is listed for me in the Criterion website, but i have at least 5-6 friends on 360 that played the game recently.

epmode

The only worthwhile addon is the island. Everything else is overpriced. ..which isn't to say that the island is priced well, it's just much less of a ripoff for a genuinely awesome update.

netguy503

epmode said:
The only worthwhile addon is the island. Everything else is overpriced. ..which isn't to say that the island is priced well, it's just much less of a ripoff for a genuinely awesome update.

And you also get toy versions of the legendary cars. So only get that pack if you REALLY want it.

kbear

Is there any way to unlock a toy car without paying for extra content? i love the way they look

so you get free toy cars when you buy big surf island?

Wizpig said:
Any tips for "Boosting Around The World" [Burnout x20] ? :(

Cheat like a mofo. Use the Ikusa GT (I think) and go to the Baseball Stadium, send the car into a drift in the middle of the diamond and boost. The turning circle of the car should give you just enough room to not hit the sides and the drift will earn you Burnouts. It takes a while though.

Wizpig said:
Pre 1.5 patch - Boost in stadium and drift at the same time.

Post 1.5 patch - Looks like a speed car, oncoming, on the Highway, is your best bet.

kbear said:
Is there any way to unlock a toy car without paying for extra content? i love the way they look

so you get free toy cars when you buy big surf island?
The legendary Toy Cars are unlocked once you complete certain objectives on Big Surf Island.

The normal Toy Cars are purchase only.

FerranMG

Wizpig said:

Check this out.

Trueachievements.com is awesome with everything achievement related.

In short: pick up the Hydros Custom, start a Stunt event so there's less traffic around, and go straight ahead all the I-88 long always in oncoming traffic so the boost refills.

I did it on my second try, piece of cake. :)

Coldsnap said:
anyone wana do the island challenges on Xbox 360?
I get a few hours to myself and xbox live tonight so sure, I can try to help where possible. Diablohead UK

Not certan what time I will be online, 8pm onwards I guess.

FerranMG said:
Check this out.

Trueachievements.com is awesome with everything achievement related.

In short: pick up the Hydros Custom, start a Stunt event so there's less traffic around, and go straight ahead all the I-88 long always in oncoming traffic so the boost refills.

I did it on my second try, piece of cake. :)
Yes, it's a damn good resource for things like that.

In other news: 1250/1250 complete! Only thing left is the 500 challenges, that's going to take a while.

cultofweaver said:
Cheat like a mofo. Use the Ikusa GT (I think) and go to the Baseball Stadium, send the car into a drift in the middle of the diamond and boost. The turning circle of the car should give you just enough room to not hit the sides and the drift will earn you Burnouts. It takes a while though.
they fixed that in a patch though.

Top Bottom