• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

No45

In case anyone's interested, I've checked to see if the upload facility supports the new BSI content. It doesn't. :(

Not too much of a bother as it doesn't seem to be as hard to find everything here as it was in the main island.

Having just gone back to the game for the first time since bikes were added, I forgot how much fun this game is. Starting over with a new save so I could earn trophies, I went ahead and bought Big Surf Island almost immediately and proceeded to get 100% on the island (aside from freeburn activities) in a few sittings. After going back to the main island I hopped onto a bike and have been completing a lot of the midnight/burning rides for them, which I didn't even know existed when I first downloaded the bikes last year. So much fun.

I haven't really done any freeburn activities (Paradise City, Bikes, or Big Surf Island), but if anyone ever wants to earn some go ahead and add me (PSN: TwinTurboJosh) since I've been playing every day for a couple of hours and am down for completing/helping with activities.

54-46!

I think I got to him :lol

qqd6j5.jpg

Share your photos GAF!

rc213

Boo, All my mugshots are corrupted including like 5 of this hot girl that decided to flash her excellent boobs. :*(

I picked up the BSI and it is awesome. I really want the Toy Nighthawk. I also wish they would have done a Toy Carson Dust Storm. Otherwise it is totally worth the price.

edgefusion

Has anyone else noticed the billboards for "Crashbreaker laxatives"? Is this a sign (hoho) that they're bringing back the crashbreaker? I bloody hope so!

FerranMG

I've one bloody win left to get my elite license.

It's a burnout route for the WTR. I have this car still to shutdown, but I can't find it anywhere.

I've gone through half the city driving slow, driving fast, hoping for it to appear, but it does not?
Anybody can tell me what the hell is going on? PLZ!

edit: damn, I got it at last! The motherfucker didn't want me to beat him! :D

edgefusion

FerranMG said:
I've one bloody win left to get my elite license.

It's a burnout route for the WTR. I have this car still to shutdown, but I can't find it anywhere.

I've gone through half the city driving slow, driving fast, hoping for it to appear, but it does not?
Anybody can tell me what the hell is going on? PLZ!

edit: damn, I got it at last! The motherfucker didn't want me to beat him! :D
Congratulations :D Welcome to the Elite Club!

I've been traveling recently and didn't even know the island DLC was out. So, is it worth the money for a pretty casual Paradise player? (I have an A license after owning the game for a year.)

Jonnyboy117 said:
I've been traveling recently and didn't even know the island DLC was out. So, is it worth the money for a pretty casual Paradise player? (I have an A license after owning the game for a year.)
If you should buy one single DLC for Burnout Paradise, this is the one.

dkeane

Jonnyboy117 said:
It's worth it just for the buggy, the island rocks. So much packed into a relatively small space.

ty_hot

What each DLC do for the game? I didn't buy any yet, but I want to... but I need to kno what each one does, because I don't play it to much, but depending on what a certain DLC does, I could start to play it all the time. :D

What about the Party anything? Is it good to play with friends? The Island is just another area of the city?

I don't care about trophies and these things, I'll only buy a DLC if it gives me a new Burnout experience, not a more of the same.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
ty_hot said:
What each DLC do for the game? I didn't buy any yet, but I want to... but I need to kno what each one does, because I don't play it to much, but depending on what a certain DLC does, I could start to play it all the time. :D

What about the Party anything? Is it good to play with friends? The Island is just another area of the city?

I don't care about trophies and these things, I'll only buy a DLC if it gives me a new Burnout experience, not a more of the same.

New experience? If you are looking for something that different, no DLC will help ya. DLC extends and prolongs the existing experience, but it's not going to change it.

Big Surf is just awesome though, it's fun Amazing fun, more so than any other real estate in the game.

Killer

Banned
i don't know if should ask this question here but how can i move my saved game from xbox to another? i don't want to start the game all over again.

Tailzo

Burnout Paradise: Ultimaxe box is so huge, I doubt I'll need Big Surf Island before the summer is over :D (In Europe we had a disk release of Burnout + DLC early this year, that's the one I bought.)

crispyben said:
I hope that was enough for you... We can do more some other time!
21 challenges and 6 (almost 7 - road rage blue team) trophies... yep! :D I'm about 20 wins away from my Burnout License, and 2 showtime trophies and a USB camera away from my first Platinum!

edgefusion said:
Crashbreaker.jpg
Awesome! I chuckled at the blue car just sitting in his lane on the highway waiting for it to open up.

edgefusion

Nintendo Playstation said:
Awesome! I chuckled at the blue car just sitting in his lane on the highway waiting for it to open up.

He was very patient, not so the guy who rear-ended him a few seconds later. :(

Graafke

I just had my save file corrupted with 101% completed. Luckily, I had a backup save, so I only lost a couple of online challenges. Apparently this happens frequently, and it has to do with the autosave feature. Disabling the feature would prevent the save file from getting corrupt, but I can't find the option to turn it off.

Does anyone know how you can turn autosave off (X360 version) ?

rc213

:lol I had that happen on a road up in the mountains. When the waiting car got hit, they both turned on their emergency signals and backed up onto the shoulder!

Thanks for the help on the Island Events, Did you get the last trophy?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Graafke said:
I just had my save file corrupted with 101% completed. Luckily, I had a backup save, so I only lost a couple of online challenges. Apparently this happens frequently, and it has to do with the autosave feature. Disabling the feature would prevent the save file from getting corrupt, but I can't find the option to turn it off.

Does anyone know how you can turn autosave off (X360 version) ?

Same thing just happened to me. I was 1 Billboard and 2 jumps away from getting the damn achievements too :'(.

Unfortunately, I don't keep back ups of my saves either.

Graafke

Pankaks said:
Same thing just happened to me. I was 1 Billboard and 2 jumps away from getting the damn achievements too :'(.

Unfortunately, I don't keep back ups of my saves either.

Damn, that sucks :( I don't understand why they bother with an autosave feature if it can corrupt your save file. I always save manually anyways.

AniHawk

I already found all billboards, smashes, and mega jumps in big surf island and it's been about 3 hours. Level was a bit smaller than I expected, but it's more Burnout so hey.

AniHawk said:
I already found all billboards, smashes, and mega jumps in big surf island and it's been about 3 hours. Level was a bit smaller than I expected, but it's more Burnout so hey.
I agree, but now you get to do the 15 events, ten online freeburn challenges, and set a whole bunch of time and showtime road rules! And 9 new cars! I don't regret buying this add-on one bit.

rc213 said:
Thanks for the help on the Island Events, Did you get the last trophy?
Sure did, glad we could help each other out. I saw easydrive pop up and I thought, "maybe he'll wanna play." On that "walk the plank" challenge, I hit the e-brake at just the right time and lodged myself sideways. I didn't have enough space to wiggle out and fell off the building while backing up! :lol Otherwise I would've made that mega jump the first time. *facepalm*

Just a little reminder, some people will probably be online today doing some freeburn & timed challenges.

Time: http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=7&day=1&year=2009&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p1=137

And a list of possible participants: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16390506&postcount=179

Anyone looking for that "elusive" 8-player Wildcats Stadium trophy would probably benefit from this meet.

Chris R

Finally got the last burning route done (WTR, sub 56 seconds, wtf that was easy). I'd like to use the police version, but the chatter is annoying, and I prefer the color scheme on the regular WTR anyways. Who cares if the car is slower, I'd go insane listening to that chatter.

AniHawk

Toy Spirit is badass. I didn't realize I unlocked the Toy Jansen! FUCKING SWEET. I'M GOING TO ANNIHILATE THIS GAME NOW.

PatzCU

How well is the Big Surf Island integrated into the online multiplayer?

I'm finally getting my 360 back from an RROD after 2 months of apathy on my part. I plan on buying Big Surf Island right away (and Worms Armagheddon). I really enjoy the online Paradise and don't want to limit my pool of players if buying Big Surf cuts me off from people who don't own it.

Thanks!

I only know PS3 but the island hasn't divided the community. I haven't tried activating an island challenge with someone in the lobby who hasn't thrown down the cash, but I'd imagine it would exclude them from participating until the challenge is completed or cancelled. What's nice is that Big Surf Island and Cops and Robbers icons appear next to each player's name so you know who can do what.

I really appreciate Criterion's dedication to their players. The online is so seamless and easily accessible.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
I only know PS3 but the island hasn't divided the community. I haven't tried activating an island challenge with someone in the lobby who hasn't thrown down the cash, but I'd imagine it would exclude them from participating until the challenge is completed or cancelled. What's nice is that Big Surf Island and Cops and Robbers icons appear next to each player's name so you know who can do what.

I really appreciate Criterion's dedication to their players. The online is so seamless and easily accessible.
Yeah, playing today I noticed it too. It's too bad, if I could pay for the content I would buy everything they have put out in a jiffy, the things they do and lenghts they go to keep supporting their game is unbelievable.

Seeing other people play with the cars you have to buy when you don't have the content is sweet too. When I saw the levitating car I was like WHOA! Really cool!

No45

I haven't tried activating an island challenge with someone in the lobby who hasn't thrown down the cash, but I'd imagine it would exclude them from participating until the challenge is completed or cancelled.
Yeah, that's exactly what happens. I play regularly with three other guys, only one of whom has the BSI pack and whenever we start an Island based challenge the other two guys just get the cross by their name.

I'm playing this most nights at the moment, slowly plodding through the online challenges (118/500 so far... :( ). If anyone wants to add me, feel free. PSN is Number45, I'm UK based and typically online from 22:00 to 00:00 BST.

Sydle

Just started playing this today. It's my first Burnout game...I'm in love with this game. Wondering why I didn't play the series sooner.

rc213

Thanks again to Nintendo Playstation, Knocked out all the 2p Freeburn/Timed challenges.

Anyone having issues picking up the 10 Timed Challenges completed trophy?

No45

Thanks for the games on Friday AZsapphire87 (Not sure of your GAF ID). I got dropped off of the PSN at the end and couldn't get back on. :/

I did manage to get the 20x boost chain though, which was nice (Oncoming on I-88 on the SI-7, took a few attempts though... including one failure at 19! >_<). Still need to get the 40x stunt multiplier though, not sure how I'm going to get that as I suck at stunt runs.

Mar

So what do people think of the P12 Diamond? I can't make up my mind if I like it or not.

Keep in mind I pretty much stuck to two cars in the entire time I've played the game. The Citizen for single player until I unlocked the Carbon X12, and have put about 400 hours into that car alone.

Compared to the X12, the P12 Diamond feels heavy. I haven't had a good chase with people yet so I can't tell how fast it is. But I've managed to gradually catch and pass everyone so far except for last night there was one car that just kept gaining on me. It would have passed me if I didn't explode into a median strip (watching the dude in your rear vision mirror while driving at a billion miles an hour is bad). He was driving the full sized knight rider car I think.

It seems to be good at staying on the road while things are pushing you around. Yet quickly gets into critical damage territory (2 wrecks).

Again, it feels heavy going over jumps. Things that are usually easy to clear in other cars the P12 just doesn't get the height.

One major advantage the car has is that it seems to hold boost like nothing else. You gain boost easily and the boost bar seems to go down really slowly. For instance in the stock car track there wasn't a single point I lost boost during one challenge where I must have done about 10 laps or more.

So yeah... Still unsure if I like it. It seems to be a really good all around car, and I can appreciate the heavy feel because it feels much more controllable. But I miss the twitchy nature of the X12, the incredible take off speed of the X12, and I'm pretty sure the X12 is faster. Some of my best memories from the game are starting near the back of a grid in a race and out accelerating all cars in front. Then other times casually sailing past dudes going full speed in the F1 cars...

But I'll stick to the Diamond for a while yet. It looks damn cool and I think I'll get used to it.

No45 said:
Thanks for the games on Friday AZsapphire87 (Not sure of your GAF ID). I got dropped off of the PSN at the end and couldn't get back on. :/

I did manage to get the 20x boost chain though, which was nice (Oncoming on I-88 on the SI-7, took a few attempts though... including one failure at 19! >_<). Still need to get the 40x stunt multiplier though, not sure how I'm going to get that as I suck at stunt runs.
Anytime pal! I wasn't tired enough to go to bed yet and freeburning was just what I needed. And I'm horrible at stunt runs. I've only done 3, so I'm sure I'll become better with practice. Showtime Road Rules too.

Mar_ said:
Compared to the X12, the P12 Diamond feels heavy. I haven't had a good chase with people yet so I can't tell how fast it is. But I've managed to gradually catch and pass everyone so far except for last night there was one car that just kept gaining on me. It would have passed me if I didn't explode into a median strip (watching the dude in your rear vision mirror while driving at a billion miles an hour is bad). He was driving the full sized knight rider car I think.
I had real trouble finishing a specific race yesterday because I was paying too much attention to the cars behind me with the rear-view camera. The road turned and I didn't, slamming head on into the end of a guard rail in the mountains. But going full speed, I don't think I've ever been passed while driving the GT Nighthawk. It's easily my favorite car. Boost isn't too hard to fill, it has a pretty nice acceleration rate, and it doesn't have too much low-end torque that makes you spin out at low speeds. It's the easiest for me to drift through turns and weave around traffic. And it seems like it has enough strength to last 3-5 crashes before it's damage is critical. It's also fairly lightweight so air is easier to catch, making jumps and barrel rolls really simple. I'll never feel like I've wasted my money on the Legendary Cars pack. But holy crap if I don't get smoked off the line by the Carson Duststorm Superturbo.

But congrats on having the Diamond! I've got another 363 challenges to go before I've earned the rights to drive that! Crisbyben is the only other person I've seen driving it.

crispyben

But congrats on having the Diamond! I've got another 363 challenges to go before I've earned the rights to drive that! Crisbyben is the only other person I've seen driving it.
I drive it because I like it :D I also stuck with two cars during most of my time in Paradise City, and they were the P12 and the Hawker, so the Diamond Edition is a perfect fit for me.

Top Bottom