• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I just boost once in a while to reset the multiplier countdown. This way I can drive around the whole city during a stunt run. You don't even need to perform the stunts before the time expires. As long as you keep boosting to reset the multiplier countdown you can race forever. Only thing you should be cautious about is crashing.

No45

TTP said:
Only thing you should be cautious about is crashing.
Yeah, that's usually my problem because I end up racing around way too fast. I'm also the only person I know that plays this in bumper-cam (I'm all about the sense of speed... thanks Burnout2!). :/

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
No45 said:
Yeah, that's usually my problem because I end up racing around way too fast. I'm also the only person I know that plays this in bumper-cam (I'm all about the sense of speed... thanks Burnout2!). :/

Well, just calm down during those events :lol

No45

:D

I don't know what it is when I fire this up, I can't stop myself! Just reading that the Carson Opus XS is best for stunt runs though, I've typically used either the General L.. er, the Hunter Cavalry Bootlegger or the Dust Storm/Super Turbo, which are both pretty quick as standard.

Tonight I shall exercise restraint! Only have a few of the Paradise Awards left to get so it'll be nice to polish them off.

played the island for about 3 hours, completed everything except the challenges. I love the toy cars but damn it all if racing against them isn't the hardest thing in the game. The toy F1 car is so fast and the cars are so difficult to crash that I did the last race on the island at least 8 times before I finally got it. Loved the content, and can't wait to do it all over again for my disc version of the game. (I also love that the DLC works for both versions so you don't have to pay twice)

Now if only I could get some challenges done to get 100% on my license.

No45

Fuck yeah! This game seemed determined to piss me off tonight (It didn't register the 20x boost chain I did on Friday night, then proceeded to present me with utterly random behaviour while trying to get it tonight (An unusual amount of cars veering into me, loads more cars than usual 'hidden' in the scenery and Burnout chains resetting for no obvious reason)), but I've finally managed 100% on the main licence.

The 40x stunt multiplier took a huge amount of patience (It's so easy to fuck one of them up) and the less said about surviving Marked Man in the WTR the better! :lol

Still... only 320 or so online challenges to go for the P12. *sigh*

allegate said:
Now if only I could get some challenges done to get 100% on my license.

You don't need all of the challenges to 100% the licence, in fact I'm not sure ANY of the online challenges count towards the percentage.

Chris R

WTR challenge was easy, didn't even crash once. Did the marked man from somewhere in the NE area to either the baseball stadium or the naval yard.

As for the 40 multiplier I'm going to try to get it on the Island, the mega jump gives a 7x multiplier at a min.

No45 said:
Fuck yeah! This game seemed determined to piss me off tonight (It didn't register the 20x boost chain I did on Friday night, then proceeded to present me with utterly random behaviour while trying to get it tonight (An unusual amount of cars veering into me, loads more cars than usual 'hidden' in the scenery and Burnout chains resetting for no obvious reason)), but I've finally managed 100% on the main licence.

The 40x stunt multiplier took a huge amount of patience (It's so easy to fuck one of them up) and the less said about surviving Marked Man in the WTR the better! :lol

Still... only 320 or so online challenges to go for the P12. *sigh*

You don't need all of the challenges to 100% the licence, in fact I'm not sure ANY of the online challenges count towards the percentage.
Yes. It does bring it from 100 -> 101/102.

are you sure? Because I have all of the intersections checked, all roads are ruled, and I have all smashes, billboards, and jumps and I'm at 75%. wth else could there be to do?

and the Marked Man in the WTR is so annoying. I picked the easiest (shortest) one that had a repair shop on the way.

Chris R

allegate said:
are you sure? Because I have all of the intersections checked, all roads are ruled, and I have all smashes, billboards, and jumps and I'm at 75%. wth else could there be to do?

and the Marked Man in the WTR is so annoying. I picked the easiest (shortest) one that had a repair shop on the way.
If you are boosting all the time and know the routes to take including shortcuts, the other cars shouldn't even be able to catch you :lol WTR is my car of choice at the moment though.

Returners

allegate said:

online freeburn challenges.

I was referring to No45 saying I didn't need the online challenges to get 100% after I said I do need them.

I know the city well enough now that I could do that but at the time I had only had the game cor a few days so was still crashing a little too often. Plus the AI at that level for the MM is pretty aggressive.

No45

allegate said:
I was referring to No45 saying I didn't need the online challenges to get 100% after I said I do need them.
The paradise awards count towards the licence percentage (My licence got to 100% last night after completing the last few) so you might want to check how you're getting on with those. As I say though, I'm still nowhere near complete on the online challenges - so while they may count to taking the licence PAST 100% I'm not sure they count to getting it to 100% in the first place. :/

Do you have all of the cars unlocked? You also need to have beaten all of the offline road rules and showtime scores.

No45

Ah, now I'm not so sure on that. I have 100%, but I also have all of the online challenges on the island (Thanks to Nintendo Playstation).

i have a question: to get the platinum trophy it says "awarded for successfully colleting all trophies from burnout paradise (excluding additional content trophies)"

does all of the free bike content fall under "additional content", or since it was free does that mean i need to get all the bike trophies as well?

bridegur said:
Is the island integrated into the regular game, or does it have to be accessed separately?

integrated. if you're on the fence about buying it i highly recommend it. in my opinion it's better than paradise city, which is saying something because the city is friggin awesome. i bought the island the day it came out and i still find new things about it. plus the online challenges and the trophies for the island are insanely fun.

Dante

Just got my Platinum last night, still having a blast and thinking about picking up the island. But Man anybody else think the timed challenges are poorly thought out? Getting a bunch of players to travel far to "meet up" is silly, they only to have them fail or drop out of the challenge. There must have been a more elegant way to do this.

steveovig

I bought this game about 2 weeks ago and have already logged in about 70 hours. I'm getting an Eye Toy today in order to get my Platinum. I have Big Surf Island and I'm having troubles finding my last jump there. It's supposed to be in the South Coast but I can't find it anywhere. Are there any jump guides for the Island anywhere on the net?

there's one that's at the top of the spiral garage...at the roof there are three ramps, on mega and two regular. the one that jumps to the left leads to a top of a building with a mega jump at the end. that might be the one?

No45

xS1TH L0RDx said:
i have a question: to get the platinum trophy it says "awarded for successfully colleting all trophies from burnout paradise (excluding additional content trophies)"

does all of the free bike content fall under "additional content", or since it was free does that mean i need to get all the bike trophies as well?
I think it might even be less than that, because some of the online functionality was added in Cagney, after initial release but before the bike patch.

http://www.criteriongames.com/packs/cagney.php

So the trophies related to those events also don't count (But are easy enough anyway and you probably have them if you've spent any time online).

steveovig said:
I bought this game about 2 weeks ago and have already logged in about 70 hours. I'm getting an Eye Toy today in order to get my Platinum. I have Big Surf Island and I'm having troubles finding my last jump there. It's supposed to be in the South Coast but I can't find it anywhere. Are there any jump guides for the Island anywhere on the net?
Hmm, south of the island? You've done both the Lighthouse and the Ski Jump? There's also a jump just off of the huge S-bend in the south of the map, which jumps you back towards the tunnel at (I think) Pitt Lane - it's only a mega jump in one direction though, towards the tunnel not away from it.

http://www.operationburnout.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4212

That should help to locate it.

steveovig

There's one on the spiral garage? I've got the big Crazy jump one that you can see from a mile away, two jumps on top of some buildings by the construction site, and one by the beach close to a smaller jump.

No45

steveovig said:
There's one on the spiral garage? I've got the big Crazy jump one that you can see from a mile away, two jumps on top of some buildings by the construction site, and one by the beach close to a smaller jump.
There is yeah, at the top there are three ramps - the middle one is a mega jump.

rc213

:*|

Backed up my saved and deleted to start fresh and did 20 timed challenges online. Still no 10 Timed Challenges trophy.

crispyben

rc213 said:
:*|

Backed up my saved and deleted to start fresh and did 20 timed challenges online. Still no 10 Timed Challenges trophy.
Were they all Car challenges? It seems a Bike challenge can screw things up...

steveovig

I finally found the missing jump from watching the Youtube videos on the jumps. Thanks for posting those. I've managed to beat everything on the Island but they're telling me I only have 8 out of 9 cars, is there something I'm missing? All my jumps, road rules, smashes, etc. are maxed out.

RotBot

steveovig said:
I finally found the missing jump from watching the Youtube videos on the jumps. Thanks for posting those. I've managed to beat everything on the Island but they're telling me I only have 8 out of 9 cars, is there something I'm missing? All my jumps, road rules, smashes, etc. are maxed out.

The Jansen P12 Diamond is unlocked when you complete all 500 Freeburn Challenges in the game. Good luck.

rc213

crispyben said:
Hmmm... I never heard of this. Could it be linked to the fact that you've already done them? Did you try doing ten timed challenges you've never completed?

Started over again with a clean game and I got it with 2 Timed Challenges done. Copied back my old save, All is good. Just need a webcam for my 1st Platinum. :D

ascii42

All I need is the trophy to meet up in the Wildcats Stadium to Platinum. I had played a pretty good amount of the game before the trophy patch, so I'm amazed I've made it this far again.

Mar

RotBot said:
The Jansen P12 Diamond is unlocked when you complete all 500 Freeburn Challenges in the game. Good luck.

I'm glad they've made a real reason for people to do these challenges now. Before, there was no reason to complete all challenges other than to say you've completed everything possible in the game. Now, there is a very real visible item to get and a stat that will never be complete until all challenges are finished. While the community is large, I think this will only make it larger.

LiK

finally updated my PS3 version. didn't play it since launch. i'm restarting for the trophies and it's GLORIOUS!

rc213

Mar_ said:
I'm glad they've made a real reason for people to do these challenges now. Before, there was no reason to complete all challenges other than to say you've completed everything possible in the game. Now, there is a very real visible item to get and a stat that will never be complete until all challenges are finished. While the community is large, I think this will only make it larger.

I've noticed a lot more people online willing to do challenges now.

rc213

allegate said:
the people who replaced my water heater screwed it up so I'm going to be home all day tomorrow. anyone else going to be home at the time? (9 am pacific)

I will try to be on that early. :p

Top Bottom