• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

OatmealMu

Some of the challenges at the airport are ridiculous. I just about gave up on the barrel roll through the fuselage challenge. Sorry for making you guys wait, but my car just didn't seem to have enough oomph.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
I wish more games were as fast as Burnout in starting a online game.

The open map is really fun in online races.

Remy

OatmealMu said:
Some of the challenges at the airport are ridiculous. I just about gave up on the barrel roll through the fuselage challenge. Sorry for making you guys wait, but my car just didn't seem to have enough oomph.

Seriously, don't worry about it. Everyone has a challenge or two they need some time on, and the rest of us were occupied with trying to power park with each other as the parked cars. (Which, by the way, you can do!)

I'm glad we closed on the dirt track near-miss challenge, that was a lot of fun.

h3ro

Now that was an AWESOME time!

Oatmeal, don't even worry about it man, we're all going to have challenges like that.. watch, just because I said that, I won't be able to land a barrel roll for two hours... :lol

Oh, and I'm on you Big Nate/diseasedyak.. I mean how many "accidental" take downs can one guy do.. next game, I'm brining my giant pickup truck... :p

Sean

Banned
Is it just me or do all the road races finish at the same three or four spots (the stadium, country club, airfield, etc)?

It feels like I'm doing the same exact races every time, just want to make sure I'm not going crazy.

Aladuf

Banned
Sean said:
Is it just me or do all the road races finish at the same three or four spots (the stadium, country club, airfield, etc)?

It feels like I'm doing the same exact races every time, just want to make sure I'm not going crazy.

I can't totally remember but I believe there are like 8 total end spots for all of the road races in the game, so since there are only a few finishes then it may seem like the same few races.

Aladuf23 said:
I can't totally remember but I believe there are like 8 total end spots for all of the road races in the game, so since there are only a few finishes then it may seem like the same few races.

Yep, 8 ending spots, one for each cardinal point (N, S, E, W, NE, NW, SE, SW).

Sectus

Sean said:

If I remember correctly, the tutorial shows that each race only ends in 8 different locations.

Edit: Beaten :p

Sasquatch

Sean said:
Don't tap the break, because if you're doing that and your burnout meter depletes while your finger is not on the trigger it's not going to fill up again and you won't get another chain. You're going to want to hold it down and never let go so you are constantly drifting in circles around the baseball field (the drifting is what refills your burnout meter and you'll have to continuously do that to build up a burnout chain).

Basically here are the steps to the trick:
1) Fill up your boost meter at the gas station drive-thru right nearby
2) Stop your car near the entrance of the stadium
3) Boost inside and then drift (L trigger) in a large circle around the field
4) You're going to be holding down four buttons at once (RT for the gas, A button for the boost, LT for the drifting, and analog stick pointed to the right or left).

I hope this helps.

I was able to do it by starting to drift and just turning in a tight circle. I was doing a hard left, gas, and boost, and it worked without a problem. It did make me a little dizzy though.

Sasquatch said:
I was able to do it by starting to drift and just turning in a tight circle. I was doing a hard left, gas, and boost, and it worked without a problem. It did make me a little dizzy though.

What car?

Aladuf

Banned
FTWer said:
So what's the final word on the PS3/360 comparisons?

Any version has the advantage techinally?

It's said that the PS3 version is best, but the advantages are basically unnoticeable.

FTWer said:
So what's the final word on the PS3/360 comparisons?

Any version has the advantage techinally?

You should get the version that more of your friends have. It's a lot of fun online with people you know.

IronicallyTwisted said:
The versions basically look indentical. The 360 has custom sound tracks and achievements. And then theres the controller difference.

And the custom soundtracks outweigh any graphical advantages the PS3 has right there!

"The game is awesome across all platforms, mkay?"

The man says it all, just get whichever version you have more friends on to enjoy the fun online !

Xun

Anyone up for a few games on Live later on?

I must say I'm completely addicted to the game, it's definitely my favourite since number 2/3.

Gowans

loving the single player so much, just got my A licence now for the burnout one.

Just checked my time played SHIT!!!!

But for me so far Singleplayer > Multiplayer.
Multiplayer has been so much fun dicking around with guys doign challenges, showing off stunts and ramming eachother but thats about it.

Wheres the mutli games of

Road Rage
Racing
Stunt Attacks

???? I would love to play all of these online, you kinda can but its all honor rules :(

TheGreatDave said:
Are there any "sponsor codes" out there for the PAL version?

GAME sent me this code for the Steel Wheels car...

Z891 4K88 IN25 79AA (with spaces)

Dunno if it works on the US copies of the game. I think you still need to unlock the car after activating this code.

Oh yeah, thats a PS3 code. No idea if it works on the 360. I went for the version with the nice box.

Sean

Banned
stimpledorf said:
Going to sound stupid here, but where do you enter that code?!

Press start and then press the bumpers (LB/RB or L1/R1) to scroll over to another page and there should be one that says "sponsor codes" at the bottom.

I think you need to have license Class A to use them though.

So I got kicked from a freeburn yesterday because I took this guy down a couple of times.

Am I not supposed to be crashing into people in Burnout? We weren't even doing any challenges... everyone was just dicking around.

Sean said:
Press start and then press the bumpers (LB/RB or L1/R1) to scroll over to another page and there should be one that says "sponsor codes" at the bottom.

I think you need to have license Class A to use them though.
You get the Best Buy and Gamestop cars with Class A, but you need the Burnout license for the Circuit City and Walmart cars.

i have bought two multiplatform games for my ps3, all the others i have bought on 360. those two are burnout and stranglehold collectors edition.

burnout is better on the ps3. may not be by much, but there you go. if you own both systems, ps3.

plagiarize said:
burnout is better on the ps3. may not be by much, but there you go. if you own both systems, ps3.
It's entirely subjective; there's no definitive answer for everyone. PS3 might offer a barely discernible framerate boost, but personally that's not as important to me as the 360's superior controller (much better triggers; non-import rumble) and achievements since I'm currently in a Gamerscore battle with my girlfriend. Plus I have many more people I know on my 360 friends list than PS3. Those are purely subjective distinctions that are specific to me; YMMV.

The only objective improvements that one version has over the other are non-import rumble and custom soundtracks on 360. Aside from that the two versions are indistinguishable. Go with the version that suits you best personally. That's the only real answer.

h3ro

Gary Whitta said:
So apparently the way it's meant to be played is without rumble or custom soundtracks?

No system warz please... we've been pretty good in this thread so far...

Play the game on the system your more comfortable with, which includes controller, friends list, soundtrack, etc...

If your asking technically, then most press have mentioned the PS3 version having a slight edge over the 360 one visually. Both games have achievements/awards (the latter most likely being a part of your Home trophy room or whatever)...

I picked up the PS3 version because I like the controller better for racing games and my 360 sounds like a washing machine/vacuum all in one...

h3ro said:
No system warz please... we've been pretty good in this thread so far...

Play the game on the system your more comfortable with, which includes controller, friends list, soundtrack, etc...
I didn't start it; David Jaffe did! :D

I totally agree with you; see my post above yours.

Gary Whitta said:
It's entirely subjective; there's no definitive answer for everyone. PS3 might offer a barely discernible framerate boost, but personally that's not as important to me as the 360's superior controller (much better triggers; non-import rumble) and achievements since I'm currently in a Gamerscore battle with my girlfriend. Plus I have many more people I know on my 360 friends list than PS3. Those are purely subjective distinctions that are specific to me; YMMV.

The only objective improvements that one version has over the other are non-import rumble and custom soundtracks on 360. Aside from that the two versions are indistinguishable. Go with the version that suits you best personally. That's the only real answer.
the graphics are objective. burnout is one of the most framerate sensitive games there is. you may not notice it, but i'd bet that people will find their reactions seemingly better on the ps3 version.

i don't think friends is an issue when you glance at the op of this thread. i didn't have many people on my friends list when i woke up this morning. now i do.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
QVT said:
The demo fucking sucks, this is a great game. I'm glad WK made me buy it.

QFT.

I cannot believe how bad the demo is. It should never have happened. At all.

This game, to me, is best described as Crackdown Car. There's so much to do. So much. I am having a blast with superjumps, all the different modes, Showtime, finding shortcuts, smashing billboards, taking down rivals, etc. Smashing through gates is the equivalent of agility orbs. And I like Showtime.

Visually this game is absurd. Freaking gorgeous. 60 fps...it's like butter jesus smooth. It's so great. And the music is really good too I think.

Controls are dead on and feel tight and responsive at all times.

It's not perfect. Why do I have to watch the overly long animation of wrecks being added to my collection every time I go to change cars? And it really needs a retry feature, but I find myself not caring-- so what, I failed. I'll just go do something else. Cause there's like FIVE HUNDRED BILLION things to do.

omg my brain is exploding with fun

Top Bottom