• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

McBacon said:
Burnout has really deliberate auto-pilot after a takedown camera, and its quite annoying. Too bad you can't turn them off.
it's actually saved my bacon a few times. I've had at least three or four takedowns that registered right before I ran into a pole or something and the auto-pilot kept my takedown streak alive.

I wish I could play as often as some of you guys. A license already? shit. I'm still on B, though I'm 6 wins away. I guess a writer's strike helps, though. (heh, j/k Gary :D)

It is a testament to my own vanity that I spent more than fifteen minutes taking my picture (but I look good, quite unlike my real license); it is a testament to Sony's awesomeness (and Microsoft's lack of) that I used my Xbox Live Vision camera to take the picture. (I own the PS3 version.)

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
IMO the Best burnout game in the series, and I have loved and completed every burnout game since the series started. Holy shit it is just so much fun just driving around doing nothing.

So many challenges (though the game is a bit too easy..)

My favourite part is having no retry, because normally I always retry races till I comlete them, but having no retry makes the game flow so damn well. I am always hopping around from one event to another and then taking down the new cars racing around the city!

QVT said:
2. Not allowing you to quit races is probably this games biggest flaw. Drops it at least an entire point score from a 9.9 to an 8.9 for me. Why the fuck do I want to spend a fucking half hour following your useless navigation system? Just let me quit and try another race.

You can quit races by just stopping your car for two seconds, and that instantly quits the race or challenge.

ggp759

Banned
Hey guys got the PS3 version here and loving the game. on question though. do u guys have any tips for the races? I seem to loose my way and watching the map is kind of impossible due to the speed of the game. Any pointers? greatly appreciated! Thanks.

ggp759 said:
Hey guys got the PS3 version here and loving the game. on question though. do u guys have any tips for the races? I seem to loose my way and watching the map is kind of impossible due to the speed of the game. Any pointers? greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Use the turn signal and blinking street signs to navigate during races. Also notice that the sound each turn signal makes is slightly different. I believe right is higher pitched and left is lower pitched (or vice versa, I can't remember off the top of my head). Also keep at it. You will eventually become familiar with the city. The mini-map is useless for me when it comes to race events.

BPK

Great game, but I really hope Criterion patches the ps3 version to allow for custom soundtracks! Avril Lavigne? Come on.

ggp759

Banned
Felix Lighter said:
Use the turn signal and blinking street signs to navigate during races. Also notice that the sound each turn signal makes is slightly different. I believe right is higher pitched and left is lower pitched (or vice versa, I can't remember off the top of my head). Also keep at it. You will eventually become familiar with the city. The mini-map is useless for me when it comes to race events.
Thanks but can u be more specific please? turn signal? What do the blinking signs mean? thanks.

cilonen

BPK said:
Great game, but I really hope Criterion patches the ps3 version to allow for custom soundtracks! Avril Lavigne? Come on.

I really can't stand that Jason Nevins remix of NERD 'Rock Star'. This is like the third or so arcade driving game it's been in. Can't stand it.

cilonen said:
I really can't stand that Jason Nevins remix of NERD 'Rock Star'. This is like the third or so arcade driving game it's been in. Can't stand it.

yeah noticed that too :lol

....and boy do studios love LCD Soundsystem :lol

ggp759 said:
Thanks but can u be more specific please? turn signal? What do the blinking signs mean? thanks.

When you are approaching a street that you should turn down, your vehicles turn signal will turn on and a street sign will blink on the top of the screen in the direction you should turn. You have to train your eyes basically to see them without taking your eyes off of the road. The turn signal also makes a sound which is slightly different for right and left which you can use instead of the visuals.

ggp759

Banned
Felix Lighter said:
When you are approaching a street that you should turn down, your vehicles turn signal will turn on and a street sign will blink on the top of the screen in the direction you should turn. You have to train your eyes basically to see them without taking your eyes off of the road. The turn signal also makes a sound which is slightly different for right and left which you can use instead of the visuals.
Got it! Thank u very much

Aladuf

Banned
BPK said:

It's a pretty good soundtrack IMO, maybe you should just take Avril out of the track list?

Just got my A Class license. This game is so sweet. Also, custom soundtracks rock. The Hold Steady >>>>>>>>>> every band on the game's soundtrack.

DeadGzuz

Banned
Ok, I got weak and picked it up at BB.

PSN: Scuzzlebutt33

I'll go through and add a few folks and clear out people I never see online.

Aladuf

Banned
Iamthegamer said:
I'm fairly certain I got upwards of 80 takedowns on Bo:R. they're a bit harder now without aftertouch, or multiple takedowns at the same time. seriously, what's the deal with not having multiple simultaneous takedowns anymore? lame.

Are you sure there aren't multiple takedowns? because I swear I've had a few instances where I've taken 2 down at once and then my counter goes up 2 spots... but I may be wrong.

Pharmacy

Banned
BPK said:

Avril Lavigne is the best song apart from Paradise City to drive to in this game

shit i know im a troll but this is not a troll, im being serious

the best song in the game is when i mute my tv and open iTunes.

is it even possible to patch the ps3 version to allow for custom soundtracks, or will we just have to wait for in game XMB for that?

Aladuf

Banned
Pharmacy said:
Avril Lavigne is the best song apart from Paradise City to drive to in this game

Paradise City is my favorite song to drive to in the game too, but my second favorite is "My Curse" by Killswitch Engage... I had never heard much of them before this game but that song is pretty damn good.

Pimpbaa

Pharmacy said:

No, Avril Lavigne's song is the worst song in this game. It's so bad, it creates a black hole of suckiness that almost drags down the game into it. Whoever decided to put this song in the game deserves to be dragged out into the street and shot. And lets curb stomp dj atomica while we are at it.

Pharmacy said:
awwwwwwww hell nawwwwwwwwwww

How could you have possibly not have known that? There was a thread dedicated to that one issue and it has been brought up just about every time the game is mentioned.

Edit: I'm gullible.

Mmmkay

Pharmacy said:
emot-hellnaw266.gif
They all float down here.

Kweh

Anyone know if this is region locked for online play? Can import the US version for cheap, so will I be able to play with my PAL friends?

I honestly thought I would really hate not being able to restart races. Turns out that I don't. I probably fail a good 25% of the time, and when I do I just drive over to something else and do that. This game has actually managed to get rid of my compulsion to do something until I get it right!

Pimpbaa

StrikerObi said:
I honestly thought I would really hate not being able to restart races. Turns out that I don't. I probably fail a good 25% of the time, and when I do I just drive over to something else and do that. This game has actually managed to get rid of my compulsion to do something until I get it right!

I thought the same thing at first until I had to do the burning route crap to get the alternate versions of my cars.

PSN = Tyrion. Any and all adds appreciated--I can't wait to have fun burning rubber with GAF peeps (but not tonight, 'cause I've got a date :D ).

Pharmacy

Banned
take me down
to the paradise city
where i cant restart races
o what a pity
take
me
hoooooooome

take me down
to the paradise city
where cars handle
real real shitty
take
me
hoooooooome

:p

When it comes to custom soundtracks... I have always turned the music off and turned the game sounds up in all the Burnout games. I don't think I've ever actually listened to the music. I like the sound of the cars/crashes too much.

And I finally got my Burnout license. The GT Concept is pretty cool, but it's a little big and unruly for my taste. I haven't found a car as in tuned with my preferences as the Jansen P12 Track Package has. I was hoping the Jansen X12 would replace it, but it's a speed class car. That just broke my heart :(

Anyway, 117 events left until I get my Burnout Elite license!

Top Bottom