• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

DoctorWho said:
Bah, 34/35 Drive-Thrus found. 118/120 events found! I've been through the whole bloody city... where could they be?
Inside the time vortex!

doctorwho-humannature_160_1.jpg

sorry

DoctorWho said:
Bah, 34/35 Drive-Thrus found. 118/120 events found! I've been through the whole bloody city... where could they be?

The highways. There are 4 events on the highway. One is near the first junk yard, one is near the country club, and the other two are right next to each other (highway directions aren't connected) on the western side of the highway (almost directly north of the southern most junk yard). Apparently toll booths count as stop lights in Paradise City... took me forever to find the last few events because I kept looking for spot lights seeing as that is where the game said ALL the events started...

doogles said:
Inside the time vortex!

doctorwho-humannature_160_1.jpg

sorry

... or they could be on that mysterious island I heard the DJ mention. Apparently you can jump to it from the country club area. It is probably nothing but I don't think I've been there yet.

DoctorWho said:
... or they could be on that mysterious island I heard the DJ mention. Apparently you can jump to it from the country club area. It is probably nothing but I don't think I've been there yet.
I haven't even been to the country club yet. :lol

DeadGzuz said:
Fixed.

My friends have never mentioned there scores or achievements, ever. We play games for entertainment, like reading a book or watching a movie. Then again we are over 30 and have more important things to bitch about.

Enjoying the competitive aspects of gaming and appreciating achievements has nothing to do with your maturity level. I'd say most of the people in this forum are at least in there mid 20s and have "more important things to bitch about" but many still like unlocking achievements and bragging about them even if no one else really cares. That's why people are in this very thread posting about impressive things they've done in this game. Not everyone values achievements the same but I can assure you that the value one places on achievements has nothing to do with age.

newsguy

Hay thar guys! Gamefly is officially on my shit list. I waited 5 days for the game to get here. I got home last night, no game, and I was off to Target. I blame this thread for the chubby I had iin my pants when I opened that sexy little box. The game rocks, and I want to play online with those with he 360 version. Call me old fashioned, but I'm so set in my ways and used to XBL that I went with that version. I'll buy DMC4 for my PS3 just to make her happy.

GT: ujustlost

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Did anyone else hear DJ Atomika mention that "there are 50 camera's in paradise city and if you manage to get on them all theres a special surprise, but i wont ruin it"

I didnt even see 1 camera. is he being funny and making up stuff? :lol

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Tiduz said:
Did anyone else hear DJ Atomika mention that "there are 50 camera's in paradise city and if you manage to get on them all theres a special surprise, but i wont ruin it"

I didnt even see 1 camera. is he being funny and making up stuff? :lol
he's talkin about jumps. Cameras watch the jumps.

So what's the deal with the country club? Is there anywhere where I can get into it or is it just a landmark behind a fence?

And i finally found out what car parks are for. I never actually knew you could go into them, less alone there being a ton of sweet ramps (which are hard to jump off of with so little space). Thanks for that info, DJ Atomica! /not

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Iamthegamer said:
he's talkin about jumps. Cameras watch the jumps.

So what's the deal with the country club? Is there anywhere where I can get into it or is it just a landmark behind a fence?

And i finally found out what car parks are for. I never actually knew you could go into them, less alone there being a ton of sweet ramps (which are hard to jump off of with so little space). Thanks for that info, DJ Atomica! /not

Thank you, makes sense :D

Aladuf

Banned
Do any of you guys know if you can join a friends game in the PS3 version without being invited? Because I lost connection to a match with a couple of guys a few minutes ago and I couldn't find any "Join Session In Progress" type of thing, and it was pretty annoying since we were doing some challenges.

Gowans

Gary Whitta said:
Nice, where'd you pull that off?

the ramp above the quarry ;)

I was in a GAF room, QVT was bragging as he equaled my last greatest of 4, phft! 4 is for loosers, 5 is the challenge :lol

I was soo happy it landed, also round there you can get your 360 flat spin achievement so easily.

Gaf room in 45 if anyone wants in again

Nightz

Aladuf23 said:
Do any of you guys know if you can join a friends game in the PS3 version without being invited? Because I lost connection to a match with a couple of guys a few minutes ago and I couldn't find any "Join Session In Progress" type of thing, and it was pretty annoying since we were doing some challenges.
There's a join game feature in the game. If your friend is playing online, just bring up your friends list (in-game, not the XMB one), press right on your friend's name, and beneath the Invite option there will be an option to join the person's game.

atomsk

Party Pooper
i was racing against the number 1 guy for a bit, and then he kicked me out of the room :lol

currently ranked around 1000, trying to get my 50 snaps, 50 rivals, and 10 wins achievements

BB Grade: Awesome!

Although I'm still just wandering the city aimlessly, taking part in the occasional race or mission or whatever, the Smash Zones are absolutely Crackdown-level addictive. And I love a game where the awesomeness of the graphics complements the gameplay. To wit, I saw one of those Takedown To Own cars skid onto the street I was driving on like three blocks away. That is fucking next gen. And HD. And awesome.

It took me a little while (and a few lost races) to figure how directions and compass worked but once I did that, I was smooth sailing. Because the awesome build and design of the city, there are some amazingly vivid takedowns you can get. I shot one motherfucker off the fucking overpass into street below in this fucking amazing Space Opera of downness.

Haven't tried any online (sorry, Robut) so I know I've only scratched the surface. The best 8 Old Games I'd Never Play Again I've ever spent!

atomsk

Party Pooper
devilchicken said:
Were you winning at the time? He could be one of *those* guys..

nah, he kicked my ass pretty thoroughly

the only other person in the room was ranked 84.

i played with the 54th ranked guy who was real nice, said the previous #1 guy had to get a new gamertag, and now he's ranked 5.

WHERE DO YOU FIND THE TIME

in any case, being that you get points for every race you finish anyway, it's not so much a matter of being awesome, more a matter of playing all the fucking time

398 smashes
113 billboards
43 jumps

Oh so tempted to use the map FAQ to find the rest....

I'll be online tonight trying to get some challenges done if anyone is interested. XBL gamertag is dammitmattt.

newsguy

Gowans007 said:
the ramp above the quarry ;)

I was in a GAF room, QVT was bragging as he equaled my last greatest of 4, phft! 4 is for loosers, 5 is the challenge :lol

I was soo happy it landed, also round there you can get your 360 flat spin achievement so easily.

Gaf room in 45 if anyone wants in again

:lol :lol Still bragging eh? that was pretty awesome. I did 3 and even that was near impossible.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Haven't tried any online (sorry, Robut) so I know I've only scratched the surface. The best 8 Old Games I'd Never Play Again I've ever spent!
I will add you immediately, fellow Tim and Eric disciple (and that barely saved you from calling the Pushing Daisies cast "uninteresting").

Oh, wait, which version do you have?

EDIT: Never mine, 360 :(

daw840

I got this game (360 version) from GF the other day and so far I am about half way through my Class A license. However, I have not done a single "Showtime" event. Am I just retarded? Where are these located?

daw840 said:
I got this game (360 version) from GF the other day and so far I am about half way through my Class A license. However, I have not done a single "Showtime" event. Am I just retarded? Where are these located?

You have to enter showtime by pressing L1+R1 (PS3, same thing with different name on the 360) on pretty much any street. Online it's available all the time, but offline you have to win (or was it just compete?) 4 events before you can enter, at least it said something like that either on the manual or heard it from atomica.

Timan

Developer
Just a tip for those looking for gates and jumps. Check every parking lot, the last few I needed were there. Now I have em all :D

The Walmart car is ridiculous. It is unbelievably fast and it sucks to the road like no other car. You can take just about any corner at full speed. They must have given them a huge chunk of change to put their name on that beast. I'm flying through the racing events for my Elite license.

daw840 said:
You and I can be the Retard Brothers, together not reading manuals since 2008.

Felix Lighter said:
The Walmart car is ridiculous. It is unbelievably fast and it sucks to the road like no other car. You can take just about any corner at full speed. They must have given them a huge chunk of change to put their name on that beast. I'm flying through the racing events for my Elite license.

Agreed. I love it. It's very easy to wreck, but man does that thing go. I just about pooped my britches when I saw it. Didn't expect something like that in Burnout (even though it wouldn't be the first time).

Anyway, I'll be starting up a PS3 burnout room in an hour or so if anyone wants to join. My psn name is WHOAguitarninja so send me a friend request and I'll drop you an invite when I start it up.

AlphaTwo00 said:
Wait till you get to 375-399 Smashes. The last few will drive you insane.

I'm at 350 now and while they aren't too difficult to find yet, I know it is going to be hell soon.

I did find all the Drive-Thrus and Car Parks finally. Those two events still elude me though. I've tried the freeways... :/

bridegur said:
Is it possible to turn off the announcer? I'd be a bit more interested in this if that's a possibility.

He actually gives pretty useful information

DoctorWho said:
I'm at 350 now and while they aren't too difficult to find yet, I know it is going to be hell soon.

I did find all the Drive-Thrus and Car Parks finally. Those two events still elude me though. I've tried the freeways... :/
I've come to a full stop after 375. It's just insane.

As for events. Freeway is one. The other is check the three-way/merge like intersection. I stumbled on my last one like that, thinking it's like a merge section and didn't have lights.

Interesting observations: notice how some intersections didn't have lights? Could that be the elusive DLC locations that they will add in later?

Bebpo

Banned
Any point in ever using the SPEED cars? I can't find any so I've been sticking with agression.

In a race with a speed car if I'm boosting and a turn comes up so I have to drift, now I can't boost coming out of it and everyone passes me until I get my boost meter full again. If I get wrecked everyone passes me for a while until I get my boost meter full. Just doesn't seem worth it.

A tip for some that may not have noticed it. If you pause, cycle through the menus until you get an option that says "discovery", you can see where the bilboards, smashes, and jumps you're missing are (as in, what regoin...not where specifically). This helps alot.

Bebpo said:
Any point in ever using the SPEED cars? I can't find any so I've been sticking with agression.

In a race with a speed car if I'm boosting and a turn comes up so I have to drift, now I can't boost coming out of it and everyone passes me until I get my boost meter full again. If I get wrecked everyone passes me for a while until I get my boost meter full. Just doesn't seem worth it.

Some of the later speed cars are very fast. Driving on the wrong side of the road also fills up the boost meter on speed cars much faster than other types. Also, why don't you boost while you're drifting? It's not any harder than boosting while not drifting.

Gowans

Nice hosting of the GAF rooms today QVT, off to bed now so room for another of the guys waiting to get in. 9i expect to see you KUF impressions in its thread)

Tonne of fun in the races and challenges guys, far to many hours logged already.

Aladuf

Banned
Nightz said:
There's a join game feature in the game. If your friend is playing online, just bring up your friends list (in-game, not the XMB one), press right on your friend's name, and beneath the Invite option there will be an option to join the person's game.

Ok, I kinda thought so... the option to join the game wasn't there when I checked so I guess what happened is the lobby just closed out so no one was in the game anymore.

Bebpo

Banned
WHOAguitarninja said:
Some of the later speed cars are very fast. Driving on the wrong side of the road also fills up the boost meter on speed cars much faster than other types. Also, why don't you boost while you're drifting? It's not any harder than boosting while not drifting.

So if you have to make a 90 degree right turn, you can let go of gas, tap brake, and then hit on the gas again all without having never let off the boost? I thought the braking wouldn't work if you were boosting.

i JUST turned off my ps3 because i thought i was done with burnout for the evening, and then i come into this thread and read about some sort of mysterious island near a country club.

ps3 = on.

Bebpo said:
So if you have to make a 90 degree right turn, you can let go of gas, tap brake, and then hit on the gas again all without having never let off the boost? I thought the braking wouldn't work if you were boosting.
Breaking and boosting can be done together...I think the only thing that'll cancel the boost is when you spin your car all the way around 180 degrees. 90 degree turns can definitely be done while boosting though.

Top Bottom