• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

My apologies to Remy and others for having to disconnect earlier during the I-88 20-second burnout challenge. I was on my computer monitor because my wife was in the living room doing homework and she decided she needed the computer for homework. Sorry about that.

a Master Ninja said:
I assume this has been posted, but just in case:
Steel Wheels Concept Car Code
Code:
G23X 5K8Q GX2V 04B1
Put this in the OP.
these codes are one-use, aren't they?

xS1TH L0RDx said:
i JUST turned off my ps3 because i thought i was done with burnout for the evening, and then i come into this thread and read about some sort of mysterious island near a country club.

ps3 = on.

I found an island but I'm not to sure if it was at the country club. You drive down a dock and hit a ramp to get to it.

EDIT: My Steel Wheels code is completely different.

Bebpo

Banned
xS1TH L0RDx said:
i JUST turned off my ps3 because i thought i was done with burnout for the evening, and then i come into this thread and read about some sort of mysterious island near a country club.

ps3 = on.

Wait what island?

Also where is the airport? I hear people talk about it but I don't notice an airport anywhere...

Remy

Bebpo said:
Wait what island?

Also where is the airport? I hear people talk about it but I don't notice an airport anywhere...

The only island I've seen in the game is the one in the lake, which you have to jump onto and then off of for some of the online challenges.

The airport is more of a run-down airfield; it's hidden in the center of the map, and a LOT of online challenges happen there. There's also (much to the surprise of people I've played with) a stock car track in the southwest corner, and a quarry (not too far away).

Oh, and bune, don't worry about it. I'm over halfway done with *all* the online challenges now, so I have nothing to complain about, really.

Remy said:
The only island I've seen in the game is the one in the lake, which you have to jump onto and then off of for some of the online challenges.

The airport is more of a run-down airfield; it's hidden in the center of the map, and a LOT of online challenges happen there. There's also (much to the surprise of people I've played with) a stock car track in the southwest corner, and a quarry (not too far away).

Oh, and bune, don't worry about it. I'm over halfway done with *all* the online challenges now, so I have nothing to complain about, really.

The stock car track is awesome. Are there any related challenges thar?

StrikerObi said:
The highways. There are 4 events on the highway. One is near the first junk yard, one is near the country club, and the other two are right next to each other (highway directions aren't connected) on the western side of the highway (almost directly north of the southern most junk yard). Apparently toll booths count as stop lights in Paradise City... took me forever to find the last few events because I kept looking for spot lights seeing as that is where the game said ALL the events started...
You sir, are a God amongst men. I've been at 119/120 for events since Friday, and had driven the street parts of the city 2 or 3 times trying to find the last one.

Never thought to check the other toll booth in the split section of highway.

LoveAndBeer on 360 btw if anyone wants to add me.

Remy said:

yeah, I was a little surprised by that track. I need to get online more to get some of these challenges done. I'm at 4/whatever, 350?

some enterprising GameStop/EB employees needs to take the codes that were left over from pre-orders and put those things online.

tha_con

Banned
Kolgar said:
I agree it's different. The 360 achievements are a life-to-date accomplishment and there's nothing comparable, yet, for PS3. If you want to call it an e-peen war, fine, but part of the allure of gaming is competition--bragging rights--and that's what achievements are about.

I find it much more exciting to go online and play against someone else and beat their drift records, street times, flatspins etc, than I do to check and see if they have 15 more achievement points than I do.

But hey, what do I know right? Afterall, there are literally THOUSANDS of people who play some games just because they are easy achievement points, but I guess that score still means they did something...

I personally hate the idea of achievement points. There's nothing worse than someone telling you that you are a 'non gamer' because you don't have 15K points.

tha_con said:
I find it much more exciting to go online and play against someone else and beat their drift records, street times, flatspins etc, than I do to check and see if they have 15 more achievement points than I do.

But hey, what do I know right? Afterall, there are literally THOUSANDS of people who play some games just because they are easy achievement points, but I guess that score still means they did something...

I personally hate the idea of achievement points. There's nothing worse than someone telling you that you are a 'non gamer' because you don't have 15K points.

Hey, wouldn't it be great to have the option of doing both? Oh wait, I do. I don't go around knocking the PS3 that much, to be honest I love my system but I find that a few people will down-talk 360 achievements every opportunity they get. Like they are a bad thing. I think they are a great reintroduction of the classic "score" system found in arcades. For any of you who are 30+, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Also, in a few moths, you PS3 guys and gals are going to be loving your trophies just as much as the 360 guys are loving their achievements and you won't be able to imagine life without them.

tha_con said:

I keep hearing about these sorts of incidents, but really, that's like blaming guns for killing people.

Achievements don't make assholes. Assholes make assholes.

BenjaminBirdie said:
I keep hearing about these sorts of incidents, but really, that's like blaming guns for killing people.

Achievements don't make assholes. Assholes make assholes.

I need a bumper sticker.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Just slide this shit into Marketplace?

Pause the game and click RB (or R1 I would assume) until you reach the Under the Hood menu. There should be a "Sponsor Product Code" option. Click that and then enter any of the codes:

OP said:
Best Buy car
--Enter "bestbuy"

GameStop car
--Enter "gamestop"

Wal-Mart car
--Enter "walmart"

Circuit City car
--Enter "circuitcity"

Micromania Car
--Enter "H211 1Z99 LZ00 00BB"

a Master Ninja said:
Steel Wheels Concept Car Code
Code:
G23X 5K8Q GX2V 04B1

Doc Evils said:
I like the track Junkie XL feat. Lauren Rocket - "Cities In Dust".

strangely enough, I found out EA actually has a record label.

For all the shit that the soundtrack got, I was stunned to find a fucking SWERVEDRIVER song on there. (And "Rusty Cage", here's hoping both end up in Rock Band).

But seriously, bringing Swervedriver back into the spotlight erases a thousand uses of Avril Lavigne. Anyone who talks smack about the soundtrack is officially on my Enemies List.

Swervedriver Uber Fucking Alles.

tha_con

Banned
DoctorWho said:
Hey, wouldn't it be great to have the option of doing both? Oh wait, I do. I don't go around knocking the PS3 that much, to be honest I love my system but I find that a few people will down-talk 360 achievements every opportunity they get. Like they are a bad thing. I think they are a great reintroduction of the classic "score" system found in arcades. For any of you who are 30+, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Also, in a few moths, you PS3 guys and gals are going to be loving your trophies just as much as the 360 guys are loving their achievements and you won't be able to imagine life without them.

Yes, except I own both systems, and I'm 24 years old, greatly familiar with high scores in Arcades.

Yet, not once do I remember having a collection of scores from all the arcade games I played.

BenjaminBirdie - No, Achievements make assholes, period. Numerous times, I've been online with my 360, playing CoD4, or Gears, or Halo, hell, even Puzzle Fighter, but people decide to check gamercards, scores, etc, and then say "oh dude, con is a nubblet, he didn't even beat CoD4 on Veteran...weaksauce, lawlawlawl".

I just really hate hearing that I'm some sort of fanboy or something else, just because my gamerscore is less than 15K. Honestly, it's not even at 3K, but mainly because I only recently got a 360, and because the amount of time I have to play games is limited.

But yea, let's all pretend that all off this makes one version of a game better than another, because it can add to accumulated score, which other gamers can use to be assholes and brag about how they are better than me at videogames.

Yes, this is THE revolution that the next generation was all about, not gameplay. WTF was I thinking!?

tha_con said:
BenjaminBirdie - No, Achievements make assholes, period. Numerous times, I've been online with my 360, playing CoD4, or Gears, or Halo, hell, even Puzzle Fighter, but people decide to check gamercards, scores, etc, and then say "oh dude, con is a nubblet, he didn't even beat CoD4 on Veteran...weaksauce, lawlawlawl".

I just really hate hearing that I'm some sort of fanboy or something else, just because my gamerscore is less than 15K. Honestly, it's not even at 3K, but mainly because I only recently got a 360, and because the amount of time I have to play games is limited.

But yea, let's all pretend that all off this makes one version of a game better than another, because it can add to accumulated score, which other gamers can use to be assholes and brag about how they are better than me at videogames.

Yes, this is THE revolution that the next generation was all about, not gameplay. WTF was I thinking!?

Jesus. Christ.

It makes it better for CERTAIN people with CERTAIN preferences.

And sorry, you can't say achievements make assholes because I like them just fine and I'm not an asshole about them.

Those people who gave you shit? They were assholes. If there were no achievements, they'd be talking smack about what gun you were using, or what you sounded like, or what Puzzle Fighter combo you used.

tha_con said:
Yes, except I own both systems, and I'm 24 years old, greatly familiar with high scores in Arcades.

Yet, not once do I remember having a collection of scores from all the arcade games I played.

I own both systems and I'm 29 years old. I've never once heard of someone being put down for their "gamerscore" and honestly why would you care if somebody was doing that to you. Who gives a fuck... right?

Also, with the arcade system you wouldn't combine your scores but you would put in your initials beside your score for everyone who would enter that arcade to see. People would go back to the arcade time and time again to beat JFW's best score and proudly enter their initials beside the new high score. IT isn't about being an asshole but about the fun of competition.

Nobody is putting down the PS3 for not having them, like I said, I love my PS3. I simply don't understand why some people go out of their way to piss all over the achievement system. For many of us they enhance the experience.

Benjamin's right. Achievements don't make assholes. Assholes make assholes.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
After playing this game for a few hours, I have to say it does need a retry option for the events. Now I know the counter argument of well just do another one but to a person like me that needs to do things like a check list it would of been freaking awesome. Oh well hopefully they might add it in the future. Awesome fucking game BTW otherwise.

Elbrain said:
After playing this game for a few hours, I have to say it does need a retry option for the events. Now I know the counter argument of well just do another one but to a person like me that needs to do things like a check list it would of been freaking awesome. Oh well hopefully they might add it in the future. Awesome fucking game BTW otherwise.
The only instance were I really wanted one is when doing some of the longer Burning Lap runs that are all the way from one end of the city to the other.

That, or any race that ends up at the Windmills. That place generally blows for getting a new race.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
AlphaTwo00 said:
The only instance were I really wanted one is when doing some of the longer Burning Lap runs that are all the way from one end of the city to the other.

That, or any race that ends up at the Windmills. That place generally blows for getting a new race.

Yeah those areas in the mountains is where it really pisses me off when I loose cause then have to take my ass all the way back. Some times I just say fucking it and do something else but a little voice in the back of my head is cursing all the way. OH well hopefully like I said they might include that.

AlphaTwo00 said:

I sure hope that was intentional, cause it made me crack up at least.

Still loving the game. I got a bit hung up on trying to do all the burning routes for the cars that I have which REALLY sucked the fun out of the game. It is a much better experience just cruising around and doing whatever pops up. I still suck at Stunt Runs, but I'm getting better at finding where they want me to go via the start position.

It also helps when you get some sweet cars. Need to keep on those take down challenges for free roaming though, cause otherwise you'll start to find yourself out paced by the other cars.

Still can't get over how much fun I am having with this game... excellent stuff.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
this game is impeccably awesome. Vertical takedowns FOR THE FUCKING WIN

BTW, I jsut found that huge 5 story jump off the dam:D

what's this about an island though?

Just got my Burnout license. Let me tell you, that WalMart car is nuts...you do not need to brake it all as it just sticks to the road. I'm pretty sure I'll be using it to finish off the races I have left towards my Elite license. Now I just need to beat 90 some odd events.

Everdred

MaizeRage25 said:
Just got my Burnout license. Let me tell you, that WalMart car is nuts...you do not need to brake it all as it just sticks to the road. I'm pretty sure I'll be using it to finish off the races I have left towards my Elite license. Now I just need to beat 90 some odd events.
Yep, this is what I'm doing.

tha_con said:

Wow this sounds like a sore subject for you. I have never once heard anyone give someone shit for their gamerscore. Anyone who would do that isn't really an asshole. They're more of a pathetic loser and you should have trouble hearing their bullshit over your own laughter. Anyone with any sense knows that gamerscore is meaningless. It only shows the number of games you've played. As for the achievements themselves, I think they're great.

By the way, I've had an Xbox 360 since its launch and my gamerscore hasn't hit 15K.

Aladuf

Banned
fistfulofmetal said:
Two more races, two more wins.

Hey, what does it say for me before the race starts and it's telling you facts about the drivers?

It says "bend over and get ready to take it"

:lol Actually, it told me that you have won X amount of Online Races

Aladuf23 said:
It says "bend over and get ready to take it"

:lol Actually, it told me that you have won X amount of Online Races
Its also a subliminal "Take this guy down.. NOW" message.

What me jealous? NEVER...
Okay, just a bit :(

Top Bottom