• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

Bebpo

Banned
Just got the A license about 10 hours in. Can anyone list where the 5 junkyards are?
I'm missing 1 junkyard and 1 gas station still :(

I have (from left side of map to right):
1. Chubb Lane
2. Ross & Nelson
3. Manners & S. Rouse
4. Angus & E. Crawford

The common problem in races I find are that people tend to over complicate their route. Since there's only eight end points, there's only a few route that you have to really know by heart. From there it's just knowing how to combine them.

I won't tell you which route these are, or which ones to combine though. That's my little secret

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Somebody here needs to by me an xbox live account. I guarantee I could put fistfulofmetal in his place. I'm actually a little angry I can't do it. I was the king at BO on Xbox Live.

Jirotrom

fistfulofmetal said:
The common problem in races I find are that people tend to over complicate their route. Since there's only eight end points, there's only a few route that you have to really know by heart. From there it's just knowing how to combine them.

I won't tell you which route these are, or which ones to combine though. That's my little secret
thats what great about the internet, just youtube that shite:lol

Aladuf

Banned
Iamthegamer said:
Somebody here needs to by me an xbox live account. I guarantee I could put fistfulofmetal in his place. I'm actually a little angry I can't do it. I was the king at BO on Xbox Live.

You'll need a PS3 to put him in his place :p

Everdred

I was 98th in the World last night (360), I could be anything by now. The game is a blast online, even if your just racing. Though it seems like most people don't know where to go half the time.

SpeedingUptoStop

fistfulofmetal said:
I only have one controller!

Your options are sliming by the minute, my friend.
You're the one dodging the competition, bub. ;]

How about this - neutral location, like topeka, Kansas. We meet up at a movie theater and play on the big screen for the ultimate gold medal. you down to ride?

Iamthegamer said:
You're the one dodging the competition, bub. ;]

How about this - neutral location, like topeka, Kansas. We meet up at a movie theater and play on the big screen for the ultimate gold medal. you down to ride?

LETS DO THIS

gray_fox224 said:
just ordered it off Amazon. Should be here by the weekend. Looking forward to play with the DS3 implementation.
The DS3 is so damn good on this game. I like it better than on Uncharted (and i love that game) but something about seeing those crashes in slowmo and having the pad RUMBLE LIKE GOD INTENDED IT justifies the price of importing the DS3 in the first couple hours of playing.

Jirotrom

well, I've got to say... the demo was a shit representation of this game. I want to buy it now but I'm broke and will have to wait till later.

Aladuf

Banned
birdman said:
Iamthegamer tried to destroy the metal, but the metal had his way.

isee.gif

MercuryLS

Banned
So you guys are positive on this game? I tried out the demo, had a bit of fun but it failed to grab me in any significant way the way Burnout 3 did.

I'm still on the fence.

MercuryLS said:
So you guys are positive on this game? I tried out the demo, had a bit of fun but it failed to grab me in any significant way the way Burnout 3 did.

I'm still on the fence.

Consensus among the people playing online comes down to "I cant believe the demo sucked so much ass when the game is this ridiculously awesome".
So yes, DO IT. NOW.

Aladuf

Banned
devilchicken said:
Consensus among the people playing online comes down to "I cant believe the demo sucked so much ass when the game is this ridiculously awesome".
So yes, DO IT. NOW.

exactly.

birdman said:
As do I. Until I played the full game.

Yup. It's up there with Blue Dragon for gross misrepresentation of awesomeness.

The scope and scale of awesomeness is so great that, honestly, even though the section of the demo exists in the game, it honestly feels like a completely different and inferior game.

No lie.

SpeedingUptoStop

fistfulofmetal said:
LETS DO THIS
Alright, here's a more affordable scenario: I'm gonna be in Miami near the end of March. I'll bring the 360. You bring the PS3. We'll have a simultaneous burning route match on the same route.

The catch? WE HAVE TO SWITCH SYSTEMS

Iamthegamer said:
Alright, here's a more affordable scenario: I'm gonna be in Miami near the end of March. I'll bring the 360. You bring the PS3. We'll have a simultaneous burning route match on the same route.

I love this.

Everdred

My opinion:

5. Burnout
4. Burnout Revenge
3. Burnout 2
2. Burnout Paradise
1. Burnout 3

Note: I did not play any of the PSP Burnouts or later PS2 Burnouts.

Aladuf

Banned
Iamthegamer said:

popcorn.jpg

SpeedingUptoStop

if we were playing Burnout revenge, there wouldn't be a question that i'd come out on top, but since Paradise's large variety of shortcuts and alternate routes mixes things up a bit, doing this man to man is the only way to go. I'm normally not a cocky guy but Burnout is MY game. I'm like the Bill russel of Burnout.

Iamthegamer said:

I'LL BE THERE

YOU HAVE NO IDEA THE KIND OF HELL FIRE YOU HAVE JUST BROUGHT DOWN UPON YOURSELF

calder

To make my wife mad I turned off every song except Avril's "Girlfriend" for about a half hour yesterday. Sure it hurt me too, but it was worth it.

What's with Adam and the Ants' "Stand and Deliver" being on the soundtrack? Don't get me wrong, it's a classic and all, but it just struck me as a really random blast from the past on a soundtrack otherwise comprised entirely of contemporary music.

Gary Whitta said:
What's with Adam and the Ants' "Stand and Deliver" being on the soundtrack? Don't get me wrong, it's a classic and all, but it just struck me as a really random blast from the past on a soundtrack otherwise comprised entirely of contemporary music.

There's a lot of odd stuff there. Like Swervedriver. The greatest band I thought only I had ever heard of.

Remy

calder said:
To make my wife mad I turned off every song except Avril's "Girlfriend" for about a half hour yesterday. Sure it hurt me too, but it was worth it.

That's funny, because today I was going through turning off some more tracks, and I realized I had never heard "Girlfriend", so I turned on the preview.

Five seconds later, from the other room: "HONEY, COULD YOU PLEASE PUT ON SOMETHING, ANYTHING, ELSE ON NOWWWW?"

Wives hate Avril, confirmed?

(Then again, I get the same reaction anytime I play Dead On Arrival on Rock Band, so...)

strange_booj said:
My opinion:

5. Burnout
4. Burnout Revenge
3. Burnout 2
2. Burnout Paradise
1. Burnout 3

Note: I did not play any of the PSP Burnouts or later PS2 Burnouts.
The correct order, for any true Burnout Fans:

Burnout = Burnout 2 = Burnout 3 = Revenge = Dominator = Paradise

Meier

This was sold out today at Target much to my chagrin. :( I was all set to buy it after Dormer told me there was a Crash mode equivalent in this (even if it isn't as awesome apparently).

Kreuzader

I have the PS3 version; PSN id is kreuzader if anyone wants to add it - thanks! :]

I haven't played a racer seriously since F-Zero for the SNES so I suck royally right now though :/

Aladuf

Banned
birdman said:
If only your friends could see the destruction ensuing while playing with them online. I'm not overly annoyed about that though.

I kinda like not seeing the chaos created by an online player in showtime, I think it's hilarious just to see the car flopping around like a fish out of water.:lol

Top Bottom