• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

The highest Stunt Run score required is 500,000. The quarry is so great. I ended up with 6.9 million after going off every ramp there at the end of one run.

OatmealMu said:
t0t8r8.jpg

The best for last. Peter Moore and his undead sidekick.
the hell? :lol

newsguy

a Master Ninja said:

I have BO Legends on the PSP. This same track is on there... In 4 different languages! :lol

I remember the first time I heard it in Mandarin I almost dropped my PSP mid race.

steve

Banned
Bebpo said:
I played way too much of this over the weekend. When I close my eyes I just see ramps leading to burnout billboards >_<

Most fun I've had driving around taking jumps since Crackdown. But need to stop playing soon or this will become an addiction. I feel pretty satisfied with the game. The racing was much better than Revenge. Surprisingly I learned far more sections of the city in Paradise than I did tracks in Revenge...guess the sandbox method worked. Showtime was no crash mode, so hopefully it'll be back in Paradise 2, but it was still fun. Presentation and the way you can do SO MUCH STUFF with the d-pad (flip showtime [offline/online], road time [offline/online] scores, all the online stuff) was amazing.

The online is the thing to beat for all other games. Being able to go to your city map at any time and look at a street and see who holds the #1 leadboard out of all the people on your friends list is awesome. Seeing real-time in-game messages that someone beat your score on a street even WHEN THEY AREN'T IN YOUR GAME is from the future stuff. Seriously this feels a generation beyond online gaming anywhere else. And on the PS3, with shitty online tools, no less!

Great game. Definitely 9+ish/10.

Agree pretty much completely, although I don't miss Crash mode at all, Showtime is highly entertaining.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
alr1ghtstart said:
Re: custom soundtracks (360)

Is there an in-game option for them to play through the EA Trax system (i.e. it turns off when your guide is talking, when you crash) or just through the usual 360 dashboard?

I'm curious about this also. Does anyone know the answer?

OatmealMu

Doc Evils said:
"Shit it's about to RROD, bring the towel Igor!"

I just noticed he's holding a sixaxis.:lol

You kidding me? Petah's all about the DS3. He wouldn't settle for anything less. I wonder what Igor plays with...

steve said:
Agree pretty much completely, although I don't miss Crash mode at all, Showtime is highly entertaining.

Showtime is completely devoid of any challenge and is 99% luck based on bus spawns. I should know...I've done all 64 of them. Crash Mode was puzzle game perfection.

Wizpig

Doc Evils said:
It might be the airport they pulled the last minute.
Nooo, it was my favorite zone in Burnout 2, i just... like that setting in a Burnout game.
Anyway, i unlocked like 6 Achievements without knowing why.:lol

Wizpig

Ok, two achievements are about "mugshots".
What are these?

Also, another cool achievement is Criterion Fever.

Criterion Fever (Xbox 360 only):

Everyone at Criterion Games is infected with a virus. The virus is passed when those with it are taken down online, and from there it just spreads... You will unlock this achievement when you get infected.

Wizpig said:
Criterion Fever (Xbox 360 only):

Everyone at Criterion Games is infected with a virus. The virus is passed when those with it are taken down online, and from there it just spreads... You will unlock this achievement when you get infected.
I was lucky, I got infected with Criterion Fever early on and have been spreading it ever since :)

Jesus, last night I had to do that god-damn online challenge where you have to barrel roll through the hanging fuselage at the airport... took me about 100 tries. And then I had to do it AGAIN, because it pops up more than once (two and four-player challenges). That challenge will have you pulling your hair out.

ntb825

Gary Whitta said:
have to barrel roll through the hanging fuselage at the airport...
Do you actually have to barrel roll through it? I did this challenge last night and just jumped through it, as did everyone in my group and we all beat it fairly quickly...

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I still haven't figured out how to barrel-roll your car. Is there in-air control? Or do you have to hit a ramp a certain way to get your car to start barrel-rolling?

Aladuf

Banned
FlyinJ said:
I still haven't figured out how to barrel-roll your car. Is there in-air control? Or do you have to hit a ramp a certain way to get your car to start barrel-rolling?

you have to hit a ramp a certain way and tap the e-brake and it starts spinning.

bran

newsguy said:
I have BO Legends on the PSP. This same track is on there... In 4 different languages! :lol

I remember the first time I heard it in Mandarin I almost dropped my PSP mid race.

Where can I get this in Mandarin, I gotta listen to it.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
All you need to do to barrel roll is to hit a barrel roll ramp. If you tap the e-brake you will never ever barrel roll. Do not try to tap the e-brake.

If you want to flat spin, tap the e-brake as you're going up the ramp and turn to the side but try and get as much of the ramp as you can to prevent flips.

Aladuf

Banned
QVT said:
All you need to do to barrel roll is to hit a barrel roll ramp. If you tap the e-brake you will never ever barrel roll. Do not try to tap the e-brake.

Don't listen to him!! True drivers tap the e-brake!:D :lol

Kyoufu

Is this game actually worth getting or is it a shallow Need For Speed Carbon experience? Thats the vibe I was getting off the demo.

I'd be playing this for the online. Frantic races?

Kyoufu said:
Is this game actually worth getting or is it a shallow Need For Speed Carbon experience? Thats the vibe I was getting off the demo.

It has actually nudged me a bit to, at some point, when I'm long done with Burnout Paradise, to revisit those NFS games.

But it's a zillion times better.

ntb825 said:
Do you actually have to barrel roll through it? I did this challenge last night and just jumped through it, as did everyone in my group and we all beat it fairly quickly...

There is one you have too barrel roll through and one that you do not. I got it in 3 or 4 tries but I am awesome. :D

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Kyoufu said:

Buy. The races are fun although Eric WK will beat you if you invite him so be careful. He'll also likely smugly deride your driving skill while remaining a loyal friend throughout your difficult times.

Buy the damn game. I wish some cheeky reviewer had made a review titled like;

"Achievement Unlocked!
9.8 Review Score
Make a true next gen racing game"

Kyoufu

QVT said:
Buy. The races are fun although Eric WK will beat you if you invite him so be careful. He'll also likely smugly deride your driving skill while remaining a loyal friend throughout your difficult times.

Buy the damn game. I wish some cheeky reviewer had made a review titled like;

"Achievement Unlocked!
9.8 Review Score
Make a true next gen racing game"

Okay, so how is the community like on the PS3 version? Or do I need to get the 360 one? Haven't really kept up with this ever since the demo hurt my feelings.

Aladuf

Banned
Kyoufu said:
Okay, so how is the community like on the PS3 version? Or do I need to get the 360 one? Haven't really kept up with this ever since the demo hurt my feelings.

the community on the PS3 version is quite large, also, more gaffers got the PS3 version if your just going to play with us on it.

Gowans

im gonna pop on again tonight guys, last night was ace but man this game is a time sink, before I knew it it was well past my bed time. Checked time played too, wow all of the things I could have accomplished :lol (yeah like five god damn barrels rolls thats what!)

h3ro

Kyoufu said:

The GAF community is great for Burnout Paradise! We've had quite a few sessions of just mucking around Paradise city doing challenges and the like along with just jumping stuff for the hell of it.. Great fun!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I actually like the Avril track :lol

this game has the best sense of speed EVER. You get in one of those light speed demons, crank the Avril up, go into first person mode, and hit the nitros. Holy. Shit.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Gowans007 said:
im gonna pop on again tonight guys, last night was ace but man this game is a time sink, before I knew it it was well past my bed time. Checked time played too, wow all of the things I could have accomplished :lol (yeah like five god damn barrels rolls thats what!)

I will be going on tonight as well and sorry for people who have invited me to play and I have not responded just wanted to get a few cars before I go and get wooped.

Y2Kev

This is definitely the best Burnout.

But I don't know about my girlfriend. I think I need a new one.

Doc Evils

Y2Kev said:

this game has the best sense of speed EVER. You get in one of those light speed demons, crank the Avril up, go into first person mode, and hit the nitros. Holy. Shit.

Girlfriend defense force COMMENCE!

Y2Kev

Doc Evils said:
Girlfriend defense force COMMENCE!

People that hate on the song are too cool for school. It's a fast, upbeat song with catchy lyrics. And then it's over and you don't hear it again for like five hours. :)

I think I am gonna do what I did for GT3....put a fan in front of my TV and turn it on....lol....

Bebpo

Banned
Y2Kev said:

There's first person camera?

Doc Evils

Y2Kev said:
People that hate on the song are too cool for school. It's a fast, upbeat song with catchy lyrics. And then it's over and you don't hear it again for like five hours. :)

I think I am gonna do what I did for GT3....put a fan in front of my TV and turn it on....lol....

you can skip tracks by using R1.

Bebpo said:
There's first person camera?

with bald space marines.

Top Bottom