• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
is it just me or does it seem like more pedestrian cars intentionally drive into you when you get your class A license? It's really pissing me off and costing me races because 6 cars will drive at a pedestrian and I'm the ONLY ONE it hits.

Iamthegamer said:
is it just me or does it seem like more pedestrian cars intentionally drive into you when you get your class A license? It's really pissing me off and costing me races because 6 cars will drive at a pedestrian and I'm the ONLY ONE it hits.

I'll probably one of the cars that drives passed as you crash into the pedestrian :)

SpeedingUptoStop

fistfulofmetal said:
I'll probably one of the cars that drives passed as you crash into the pedestrian :)
You seem to think the CP's are the same as human drivers. Humans make mistakes. Humans let races go. Human eye sight can deceive. and Humans invariable fall to pieces in my wake.

newsguy

Iamthegamer said:

Yeah, I believe the DJ actually warns of this when you get the A license. I remember when AI pedestrians swerved away from you in the old games, apparantly they're tired of being run into at 250 mph and they want to return the favor.

steve

Banned
Bebpo said:
Skip track button and change camera button!?

How did I play 15 hours without ever figuring that out >_<

That's ok, I probably would have played for months without knowing about the in-game XMB if someone here hadn't pointed it out to me. lol

SupahBlah

Banned
I just got the PS3 version today, when I'm trying to join my friends online it says "The burnout servers are currently unavailable" when creating my account (when I get to the part after "do you want to share your data with select EA partners")

I know they're online and racing, is there any way around this?

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
newsguy said:
Yeah, I believe the DJ actually warns of this when you get the A license. I remember when AI pedestrians swerved away from you in the old games, apparantly they're tired of being run into at 250 mph and they want to return the favor.

Holy shit so they start doing that huh, oh well will have to start getting better at the game.

newsguy

Elbrain said:
Holy shit so they start doing that huh, oh well will have to start getting better at the game.

Yeah, some cars do it, some don't. When I first got the GT Le Mans look alike, I could barely see in front of me at that speed, let alone dodge some fucker swerving right for me.

EDIT: With that said, this is the best burnout yet, and I started the series at #2. The thing I thought I would not enjoy from the demo (stunt runs) is probably one of my favortie things. In any other game it would be hella lame, but it just works in burnout. Stringing together 3-400,000 point combos is badass. You gotta be precise and lucky. <3 the game.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
newsguy said:
Yeah, some cars do it, some don't. When I first got the GT Le Mans look alike, I could barely see in front of me at that speed, let alone dodge some fucker swerving right for me.
:lol Yeah I could see that happening what helps out too is move the camera up so you get more clear view of the road.

birdman

Y2Kev said:
People that hate on the song are too cool for school. It's a fast, upbeat song with catchy lyrics. And then it's over and you don't hear it again for like five hours. :)

gfcopy.jpg

Wear it with pride.

Elbrain said:
:lol Yeah I could see that happening what helps out too is move the camera up so you get more clear view of the road.

There should be a way to make the camera stick in that position though, i'm in the same boat as he. Sometimes its just hard to tell whats coming your way when youre going insanely fast. And pulling on the right stick all the time while trying not to tilt the camera left/right is kindof a chore. At least for me.

Iamthegamer said:
What a crock of shit, that is. I'm gonna have to avoid a majority of oncoming traffic now...
Haha I hope you already did the online challenge where you have to boost for like 8000 yards in oncoming traffic on the freeway :)

BeeDog

Had my second online round (evah!) vs. nofi, and because of one stupid fucking (big-ass) mistake, he wins the second race. His winning grin waving and lauging at me made my blood boil. :lol Great game in multiplayer, soz nofi that I didn't talk to you, was too lazy to find my mic.

OatmealMu

I knew the damn traffic purposely swerved into you! I thought I was paranoid until a van crossed 2 lanes of traffic then went over the divider line just to T-bone me. I was going slow (looking at the map) and they just sort of bumped into me.

steve

Banned
Ashhong said:
Come again?
If you are playing offline, press Start and cycle through to the online Options menu. Press Triangle to access your XMB.

Sucks that you can't access it directly while you're racing online, but it's the next best thing I suppose.

As some of you know from yesterday, I tried the 360 Rock Band mic to see if it would work (because I don't have a mic) and lo and behold... it does!

Kind of awkward though, I have to lean in to talk to anyone.

and I'm bout to hop online. Be there or be squared

boco77

Banned
When i fail a race i wanna retry it and get better at it not go to some other event.

Seriously this would be a 9/10 game if they had included this option. they said they wanted no loading times and have it seamless well heres news for you criterion. THE GAME HAS LOADING AND IS NOT SEAMLESS anyway so what the hell is their stupid ass excuse for not having this option?

It takes about 10-15 secs at the start or end of a race to get control of your car...it just hides it with fancy fonts and splash screens but can you skip them? no you cannot. Obviously this is fanboy territory so i will probably get flamed but I know I'm speaking the truth about the loading. Very sneaky of them to do this.

Today after failing lots of races I was thinking forget this..i will play it now and again but certainly am not gonna drive for five minutes to get back to the race i failed. Yes at the start its cool because theres 120 or so events but what about when you get halfway? you're gonna have to drive around more to get to uncompleted events. say what you like but this was a huge mistake by the developers and they truly look like idiots because THERE IS LOADING IN THE GAME ANYWAY. BULLSHIT CRITERION complete and utter bullcrap. Why the developer had the nerve to complain about people complaining at the demo is anyone's guess. The guy must be blind to his own game. This game has loading, accept it Criterion.

Instead of having that between events loading rubbish why not give you the retry option and it would load that instead? Great game ruined by the simple omission of this option that nearly every other game has.

newsguy said:
it's not just the A license. I was wondering why some people got in my way instead of out of my way while I was racing.

steve

Banned
boco77 said:
When i fail a race i wanna retry it and get better at it not go to some other event.

Seriously this would be a 9/10 game if they had included this option. they said they wanted no loading times and have it seamless well heres news for you criterion. THE GAME HAS LOADING AND IS NOT SEAMLESS anyway so what the hell is their stupid ass excuse for not having this option?

It takes about 10-15 secs at the start or end of a race to get control of your car...it just hides it with fancy fonts and splash screens but can you skip them? no you cannot. Obviously this is fanboy territory so i will probably get flamed but I know I'm speaking the truth about the loading. Very sneaky of them to do this.

Today after failing lots of races I was thinking forget this..i will play it now and again but certainly am not gonna drive for five minutes to get back to the race i failed. Yes at the start its cool because theres 120 or so events but what about when you get halfway? you're gonna have to drive around more to get to uncompleted events. say what you like but this was a huge mistake by the developers and they truly look like idiots because THERE IS LOADING IN THE GAME ANYWAY. BULLSHIT CRITERION complete and utter bullcrap. Why the developer had the nerve to complain about people complaining at the demo is anyone's guess. The guy must be blind to his own game. This game has loading, accept it Criterion.

Instead of having that between events loading rubbish why not give you the retry option and it would load that instead? Great game ruined by the simple omission of this option that nearly every other game has.

Oh calm down, seriously. The game is fantastic as is, so you don't like a design choice, big deal, get over it.

newsguy

bune duggy said:
it's not just the A license. I was wondering why some people got in my way instead of out of my way while I was racing.

Right, but I think it's the addition of more traffic with the A license that makes this more prevelant.

well yeah. I was just commenting on how it's not just the Class A, that's all.

and also how now I understand the impetus behind it and that I'm not going crazy thinking that a video game car is out to get me! :lol

SpeedingUptoStop

Does it go away when you get past a license? I don't want cars to smash into me (which they have) when I'm jsut leisurely looking around Paradise for shit to do. I mean, fuck bro!

Top Bottom