• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

BeeDog

Had a fun game with Doc Evils and two more people. I guess it was crappy for Evils to hear the other three talk crap in Swedish. Fun game! :)

I didn't really notice the normal traffic pulling in front of me to much but I did notice that the enemy drivers became extremely aggressive after you get your Burnout License. I was using the Walmart car, which pretty much careens out of control the second an enemy driver looks at it funny, for most of those races. Passing became very strategic. I had to look for opportunities when there was something or someone between me and the car I was passing. But once I took the lead it was all over.

Haha
So I enter a room and the dude starts a room. One of the guys little comments notes that this is his first online event. I pay no attention to it.
The race starts, and I win it shortly after ( :D ). After I notice that the newbie is just screwing around near me. Again I pay no attention.

Out of FUCKING no where, this kid slams into my side sending me flying. I figure... mistake, he don't know what he's doing.

Then he DOES IT AGAIN.

So now I'm thinking, alright, no more mister nice guy. This kid has a big SUV looking car and I have my light super car. But I have a few key advantages; experience, maneuverability, and skill.

For the next 10 minutes I proceed to take the little bastard to school. Taking him down left and right. Getting at least a dozen take down mugshots.

Eventually I get kicked or something.
I guess he couldn't handle the HEAT

Aladuf

Banned
fistfulofmetal said:
Haha
So I enter a room and the dude starts a room. One of the guys little comments notes that this is his first online event. I pay no attention to it.
The race starts, and I win it shortly after ( :D ). After I notice that the newbie is just screwing around near me. Again I pay no attention.

Out of FUCKING no where, this kid slams into my side sending me flying. I figure... mistake, he don't know what he's doing.

Then he DOES IT AGAIN.

So now I'm thinking, alright, no more mister nice guy. This kid has a big SUV looking car and I have my light super car. But I have a few key advantages; experience, maneuverability, and skill.

For the next 10 minutes I proceed to take the little bastard to school. Taking him down left and right. Getting at least a dozen take down mugshots.

:lol the poor fucker didn't know who he was dealing with!

fistfulofmetal said:
Haha

Then he DOES IT AGAIN.

Uh, the game is sort of about crashing too, ya know.

OatmealMu

devilchicken said:
More online challenges later? yes? hmm?

You didn't re-invite me, you bastage. :( I had to decline your invite because I was enjoying watching these two guys repeatedly fail at landing on the roof on that Times Square look-alike building.

OatmealMu said:
You didn't re-invite me, you bastage. :( I had to decline your invite because I was enjoying watching these two guys repeatedly fail at landing on the roof on that Times Square look-alike building.

What the crap? who me? today?
I havent played online!@# I jumped into that game you were on and then the game died. Then Ive been trying to get my Burnout license and going in and out to do some errands without turning the game off, so thats why it looks like ive been on ALL DAY lol.
Let's get something going in a few.. or later.. or whenever. :D

OatmealMu

devilchicken said:
What the crap? who me? today?
I havent played online!@# I jumped into that game you were on and then the game died. Then Ive been trying to get my Burnout license and going in and out to do some errands without turning the game off, so thats why it looks like ive been on ALL DAY lol.
Let's get something going in a few.. or later.. or whenever. :D

I might be confusing you with someone else. Can you take the blame anyway?

Ashhong

I just got this and don't come in here much...but why is fistfulofmetal talking like a little 12yr old kid battling Pokemon during recess? Is he some dev or something? Talks a shit ton of trash.

OatmealMu said:
I might be confusing you with someone else. Can you take the blame anyway?

Sure! Ill be the GAF punching bag for this thread page ONLY. I'll host something later tonight if more people come online for sure.

Ashhong said:
Maybe...but I was serious :lol Is there a story here I'm missing? Has he challenged you all and made you look like fools?
Well, a bunch of us played with him last night. And yeah, he does talk a lot of shit.

Unfortunately for the rest of us, he can back it up like no other. :lol

fistfulofmetal said:
I'd say I'm pretty reserved when I'm actually in the game.

Oh i meant here on the forums actually. I dont think you said much while we were in game, and certainly there was no "IMMA KICK YOUR PANSY ASS ALL THE WAY TO THE WILDCATS STADIUM" or anything like that.
Sorry if it sounded like i was badmouthing you, didn't mean to come across as that.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Class A's a real bitch. The gamestop car sucks at at handling, the best Buy car is all around useless and the Rossolini, my only saving grace, is often too slow and prone to attract cars while going over hills, for maximum unavoidage.

Iamthegamer said:
Class A's a real bitch. The gamestop car sucks at at handling, the best Buy car is all around useless and the Rossolini, my only saving grace, is often too slow and prone to attract cars while going over hills, for maximum unavoidage.

So, holy shit, you already got an A class in Online Racing to use those BB and GS carres offline?

Is that how that works?

birdman

BenjaminBirdie said:
So, holy shit, you already got an A class in Online Racing to use those BB and GS carres offline?

Is that how that works?

Yessir. Also, the Walmart F1 car takes a Burnout license.

Sean

Banned
MirageDwarf said:
Does anybody have city map with street names?

When you bring up the in-game map, press right on the dpad (to show road rules) and it'll display the street names there.

fistfulofmetal said:
Haha

Then he DOES IT AGAIN.

I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL! ...Seriously. -Sends FR-

Sean said:
When you bring up the in-game map, press right on the dpad (to show road rules) and it'll display the street names there.
Damn, I totally forgot that. Thanks. I've finished only one Burning route so far and totally ignoring it right now.

I'm still looking for one to print it out. Anyone?

h3ro

fistfulofmetal said:
We're usually on pretty late

I'm gonna be getting on around 11:30 eastern, probably be on till 2-3am

Hey, sent you a friend request, see you guys online tonight!

sarcoa

Gary Whitta said:
What's PDLC? Paid Downloadable Content? Has anything been announced? I want!
Atomika mentioning the sunken airport and an airport showing up on 'early versions' of the Paradise City map imply it's coming, eventually :D

Had great fun earlier with QVT, Gowans and some other GAFers doing various challenges. This game is so awesome online it's ridiculous. I feel equally ridiculous talking about GOTY contenders in JANUARY but I'll be surprised if this isn't up there come the end of the year; I'd suggest the racing award is already in the bag!

birdman

devilchicken said:
Seems like RAW is a hit among gafers, who woulda thunk?
I guess im too old for that stuff now. Am cry/

It just goes to show you, you don't have to be a redneck to appreciate rasslin'.

I'll be on after too boys.

Top Bottom