• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

newsguy

Gary Whitta said:
Had great fun earlier with QVT, Gowans and some other GAFers doing various challenges. This game is so awesome online it's ridiculous. I feel equally ridiculous talking about GOTY contenders in JANUARY but I'll be surprised if this isn't up there come the end of the year; I'd suggest the racing award is already in the bag!

Niko will assasinate you. As for Racer of the year, hells yeah.

MirageDwarf said:
Damn, I totally forgot that. Thanks. I've finished only one Burning route so far and totally ignoring it right now.

I'm still looking for one to print it out. Anyone?
speaking of printing out, I would like some knid PAL gamer to scan the map in the manual at a really nice resolution (300 would be good) and to put the resulting file on yousendit or something so I can take it to kinko's and have a nice printout made. please? Thanks.

bune duggy said:
speaking of printing out, I would like some knid PAL gamer to scan the map in the manual at a really nice resolution (300 would be good) and to put the resulting file on yousendit or something so I can take it to kinko's and have a nice printout made. please? Thanks.

Or you can just use this:

fistfulofmetal said:
Or you can just use this:
2dsls2c.jpg

um?

copy/paste problem. got it sorted though I was a little concerned. :lol

Thanks for the link!

Kolgar

Yeah, so I wasn't going to get this game.

The previews left me cold, the demo was only mildly amusing.

It was GAF and its lavish praise that made me go out and get this today.

The last copy at the Best Buy on the opposite side of town.

Thank you, GAF. Tonight has been a blast!

P.S. Not only is the game just sweet as candy, but the soundtrack's not half bad either. I'm looking at you, Avril! :lol

Agent X

Kolgar said:
Yeah, so I wasn't going to get this game.

The previews left me cold, the demo was only mildly amusing.

It was GAF and its lavish praise that made me go out and get this today.

I'm in the same boat, Kolgar. I was quite the vocal skeptic after the demo, but I also took the plunge and purchased the PS3 game today.

I haven't opened it yet, but I'll probably wait until tomorrow evening so I have some time to really enjoy it.

steve

Banned
Sorry Oatmeal, my power keeps going down, so I'm gonnna have to call it a night. Jst as we were getting started too. :(

We'll try again tomorrow.

h3ro

MirageDwarf said:
Did anybody find security cameras? DJ Atomica talks about surprises when you find it.

He's talking about the Super Jumps with the flashing lights in front of the ramps. I'm guessing the "cameras" he's talking about are the angles that you see the car flying at when you take the jump.

You unlock a carbon fiber version of a car when you get all of them. I just got it today, its a handful but its owning all the races on my way to my Burnout license...

Kyoufu

WOW THIS GAME IS AMAZING!

At first I was worried it'd be a crappy NFS Carbon game but the city is huge with so many events. The toad rage ones are fucking awesome fun.

GAF did not fail me here :D

Kyoufu said:
WOW THIS GAME IS AMAZING!

At first I was worried it'd be a crappy NFS Carbon game but the city is huge with so many events. The toad rage ones are fucking awesome fun.

GAF did not fail me here :D

normal_exoduspart1-885.jpg

"What'd I tell ya, little man? What'd I tell ya?"

:D

Andokuky

Banned
Uh does the game force you to use different cars or something? I just loaded the game and I'm trying to select a car, the ONLY car I can select and have the game move forward with is the R2 or whatever it's called.

Nevermind, after like 4 minutes of waiting, I can finally pick whatever car I want :\

h3ro said:
He's talking about the Super Jumps with the flashing lights in front of the ramps. I'm guessing the "cameras" he's talking about are the angles that you see the car flying at when you take the jump.

You unlock a carbon fiber version of a car when you get all of them. I just got it today, its a handful but its owning all the races on my way to my Burnout license...
Cool. I'm on it to unlock that car.

h3ro

MirageDwarf said:
Cool. I'm on it to unlock that car.

Yeah, unlocking the Super Jump car is probably the easiest of the three unlockable cars (Super Jumps, Smash Gates and Billboards)...

I have four more gates to find, one in each town... its going to be a pain going through all 400 gates looking for the four I missed...

Bebpo

Banned
How do you get into the airport? I can find a jump or entrance into the other hidden areas but I run a circle around where the airport is supposed to be enclosed and I can't find any way in.

Also online is fuuuun, mainly because I'm at the SP point where the game is way too frustrating and I lose 9/10 times on events so playing against humans is less stressful/more fun.

Also also, I'm really surprised but PS3 achievements are almost as good as X360 ones. I just spent the last hour trying to do a 360 flatspin solely for the achievement even though there's no gamerscore attached. Been really addicted to getting the achievements in BP just like I was in Uncharted. Now they just need to take the final step and let you look at the achievements of your friends list while your in the game and see what achievements they have so far.

h3ro said:
Yeah, unlocking the Super Jump car is probably the easiest of the three unlockable cars (Super Jumps, Smash Gates and Billboards)...

I have four more gates to find, one in each town... its going to be a pain going through all 400 gates looking for the four I missed...
It's going to be like finding remaining orb in Crackdown. Good luck. :lol

OatmealMu

steve said:
Sorry Oatmeal, my power keeps going down, so I'm gonnna have to call it a night. Jst as we were getting started too. :(

We'll try again tomorrow.

S'kay. Found another game with some Gaffers, and yet again, I found myself at the airfield. I'm getting a lot better at barrel rolling through the fuselage sections at least.

h3ro

OatmealMu said:
S'kay. Found another game with some Gaffers, and yet again, I found myself at the airfield. I'm getting a lot better at barrel rolling through the fuselage sections at least.

Sorry Oatmeal! Those were the challenges that came up next on my list! :D

We need more events at the Quarry or something...

Aladuf

Banned
OatmealMu said:

Hello, Officer.

Advice: Don't be host. If you stop to select a challenge you will get destroyed by your online 'friends'.

Yes, I'm looking at you QVT and Eric WK.

Kyoufu

BenjaminBirdie said:

Yeah I'm glad I listened, this was worth the midnight trip to the store.

Can anyone tell me how online play works with regions? Are servers region locked or can I play with US gaffers too?

Aladuf

Banned
MaizeRage25 said:
Advice: Don't be host. If you stop to select a challenge you will get destroyed by your online 'friends'.

Yes, I'm looking at you QVT and Eric WK.

I know all about this! *ahem* birdman

Good times, guys.

No offense, but the game talk was starting to get on my nerves. Especially because I couldn't insert my opinions. :lol

Also wasn't enough races for me to win. We need more of those.

Aladuf

Banned
fistfulofmetal said:
Good times, guys.

No offense, but the game talk was starting to get on my nerves. Especially because I couldn't insert my opinions. :lol

Also wasn't enough races for me to win. We need more of those.

You need to find yourself a cheap bluetooth headset sometime so we can hear from you. Also, I would have made more races but the guys were busy getting their smashes and billboards so I didn't want to cockblock them. :lol Good racing night though. (also, I'm getting closer to you with those races... 2nd place that one race, WATCH OUT!)

Jirotrom

I really like this game but ti cant afford it right now. Next week is Culdcept Saga DMC4, then Lost O the following week, shit and Professor Layton too.

Jirotrom said:
I really like this game but ti cant afford it right now. Next week is Culdcept Saga DMC4, then Lost O the following week, shit and Professor Layton too.

Well DMC4 will always be there, it doesnt have a 'community' aspect to it, so you can just pick it up later and still enjoy it. Jumping on BP right now wouldnt be a bad idea, a bunch of us are playing the game lots. And it doesnt hurt that the game is fun as hell.

Bebpo

Banned
Good games mo_the_hawk! Sorry I sort of took you out of the race at the start one of those times >_<

I had pretty much the best finish I've ever had in one of those races. Me and one of the other guys had gone from opposite ways to the country club and we got there at EXACTLY THE SAME TIME on opposite sides and saw each other approaching with the finish line in the middle and we both did a slide and I just happened to do one slightly closer to the inside and we passed the line at the same time and went right past each other and I won by 1 mili-second :D

Rimshot

Jirotrom said:

Is Culdcept Saga really worth picking up? :)
About DMC4 and Layton, they are must buys directly. Atleast to me, I decided to wait a little with Burnout Paradise. I must say that seeing you all writing about the game I feel like snatching a copy. Too bad everything must cost so much, need a new phone, gymcard and shoes.

On a side-note, what BlueTooth headset works best with the Ps3 and is most comfortable?

Kyoufu

Rimshot said:
Is Culdcept Saga really worth picking up? :)
About DMC4 and Layton, they are must buys directly. Atleast to me, I decided to wait a little with Burnout Paradise. I must say that seeing you all writing about the game I feel like snatching a copy. Too bad everything must cost so much, need a new phone, gymcard and shoes.

On a side-note, what BlueTooth headset works best with the Ps3 and is most comfortable?

The Jabra BT headset that came with Warhawk (its 10-15 dollars seperately) works great for me, and is very comfortable to use.

Aladuf

Banned
Rimshot said:

NOT Plantronics! It cost me $40 and it is a really good headset audio-wise, but after it's on your ear for 1-2 hours you will be hurting.

Sean

Banned
Quoting this from Jeff Gerstmann's blog because this annoys me too:

All this communication and word-of-mouth information dispensing can get in the way, though. Joining random games rarely nets you a full group of focused, challenge-hungry individuals. And when any player quits the game mid-challenge, the task is failed. Having seven players do something tricky, only to realize that the eighth player is off on the other side of the city, totally oblivious to the action and unwilling to listen to the other players, gets old fast. You may never find enough people to finish all of the eight-player challenges, but with a focused group of friends, busting out the two-, three-, and four-player sets won’t be too tricky.

Would also like to add two other online annoyances:

1) Lack of host migration (when the host quits the game ends for everyone). We're in the year 2008, Criterion...

2) When you're hosting a game and selecting the challenges, it's incredibly annoying when people in the game are constantly taking you down over and over again and you can't even read through the list of challenges because the "Takedown!" text.

Other then that though, this game is seriously awesome online. Great netcode and lots of fun.

Sean said:
Quoting this from Jeff Gerstmann's blog because this annoys me too:

Would also like to add two other online annoyances:

1) Lack of host migration (when the host quits the game ends for everyone). We're in the year 2008, Criterion...

2) When you're hosting a game and selecting the challenges, it's incredibly annoying when people in the game are constantly taking you down over and over again and you can't even read through the list of challenges because the "Takedown!" text.

Other then that though, this game is seriously awesome online. Great netcode and lots of fun.

I'm with you on number 2. You should be immune while selecting challenges, setting up races, etc.

Rimshot

Ok, I will keep that in mind.

I looked around a little and found jabra made a headset with cool design, where you can connect normal 3,5mm headphones too.

img_-1316571691_0.jpg

A little more expensive though :/

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
I have to beg forgiveness from Whitta, Gowans and QVT for sucking balls at Burnout last night. Not sure if the connection died or they kicked me for sucking scrotum, but I had a good time anyway, and just as I dropped my car flew through the fusilage XD

IRONY +1

Darji

Banned
just got the german Version (Ps3). Is there anyway to play it in english? Everytime i am setting my system to english the whole texts and voices are in france.....

plz help me. I dont want a female DJ.....

Is anybody else having problems with achievements? On the pause screen it says I've got all Auto Repairs, Gas Stations, Paint Shops and Junk yards, but I haven't got the Shopaholic achievement. And I just manually went to every single parking lot in the game and I still don't have the Pay and Display achievement.

This could seriously cripple my fun...

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
TheGreatDave said:
Is anybody else having problems with achievements? On the pause screen it says I've got all Auto Repairs, Gas Stations, Paint Shops and Junk yards, but I haven't got the Shopaholic achievement. And I just manually went to every single parking lot in the game and I still don't have the Pay and Display achievement.

This could seriously cripple my fun...

I've been reading similar complaints on the official forums.

I have the viral acheivement despite, as far as I know, never playing anyone with it previously.

Top Bottom