• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I really wish there was some sort of radar/hint system with remaining smashes/jumps. I've spent 3 hours going up, down, around, and through Harbor Town and still am one jump and one smash short. It gets frustrating after awhile.

AniHawk

h3ro said:
Races - Montgomery Hawker
Marked Man/Road Rage - Citizen/Civilian depending on paint job mood :p
Stunt - Jansen P12 Track

Races - R-Turbo Roadster
Marked Man/Road Rage: Inferno Van
Stunt - R-Turbo Roadster

I only recently unlocked the Inferno Van, and I'm about 16 wins away from upgrading to the second-best license (I'm on my A license now). The R-Turbo was pretty much the go-to car period until I got the van. Did all the road rages with it until the 16 takedown mark, when I switched over to that tank.

Gamestop car will probably replace the Roadster from here on out though.

santouras

Plinko said:
I really wish there was some sort of radar/hint system with remaining smashes/jumps. I've spent 3 hours going up, down, around, and through Harbor Town and still am one jump and one smash short. It gets frustrating after awhile.
I wish there was a marker and waypoint system. Sometimes in races I will see a smash gate I need to go through and I wish I could mark on the map where it is, my memory is horrible. Also it would be awesome if you could waypoint to a race and have the directions showing you where to go. Also a map overlay showing what streets you still need to get showtime scores on etc etc

Shawn128

Hey guys, I really need to bolster my friends list for BP. If any of you guys would be so kind to friend request me.

PSN: Shawn128

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Can anybody think of an out-of-the-way billboard in Palm Bay Heights? It's my last one and I've now driven around for 4 hours trying to find it. Found all the jumps and smashes, just missing the billboard.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Plinko said:
Can anybody think of an out-of-the-way billboard in Palm Bay Heights? It's my last one and I've now driven around for 4 hours trying to find it. Found all the jumps and smashes, just missing the billboard.
Heres a map
burnoutparadiselocationsmap.jpg

I've took it out to find the last few smashes I need... >_>

zam

Finally got my Elite license. Only one smash left in Harbor Town (gotten all jumps, billboards) and a bunch of showtime road rules (gotten all time rules) for the 100% stamp

Tiduz

Eurogaime
shintoki said:
Heres a map
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/MAKA91/burnoutparadiselocationsmap.jpg[/IMG]

im gonna print that out, thanks.

did you get the one on the tool booth on 88?

edit: whoops, that one's downtown. I didn't have my demarcated map on hand so I had to guess.

Seeing that map, I can tell you which one I think it is. it's around 3rd and Drake and is almost impossible to get to. The only reason I got it is because I was on the ledge and fell off and crashed and the game spawned me on the ledge. Good luck.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Can someone please explain to me how you activate Showtime mode? Is there a button you have to press? I don't get it. If the guy in the game is explaining it, I probably don't hear him because I usually have my music too loud to hear it. WTF am I not doing?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Dr_Cogent said:
Xbox 360 version here. So would it be Right Bumper and Left Bumper?
I think the mapping is roughly the same. I don't think you have to crash to trigger it but I do just for fun. Crash then hit the triggers.

VaLiancY

I'm a big Burnout fan but I'm just not digging the changes made to Paradise. I'll adapt as usual but I'm just not feeling the stunt mode, the open city, Aftertouch and traffic checking with lighter cars. The car classes are nice but I don't even touch the speed cars for races...the repetitive races at that. Showtime is cool but I prefer Crash mode, it had a puzzle and timing element to it. I wish I can skip the crashes, they really aren't what they said before release and get annoying when you're really into a good race.

I haven't touch the MP yet but if anyone has big games going, shoot me an invite on XBL.
GT=Valnegro

VaLiancY said:
I'm a big Burnout fan but I'm just not digging the changes made to Paradise. I'll adapt as usual but I'm just not feeling the stunt mode, the open city, Aftertouch and traffic checking with lighter cars. The car classes are nice but I don't even touch the speed cars for races...the repetitive races at that. Showtime is cool but I prefer Crash mode, it had a puzzle and timing element to it. I wish I can skip the crashes, they really aren't what they said before release and get annoying when you're really into a good race.

I haven't touch the MP yet but if anyone has big games going, shoot me an invite on XBL.
GT=Valnegro
The people who hate speed cars are the ones that never got Burnout till 3/Revenge.

Speed perfectly reflects Burnout 1/2, and once you get going, it's a "hold on to the edge of your seat" experience that can't be found elsewhere.

newsguy

AlphaTwo00 said:
The people who hate speed cars are the ones that never got Burnout till 3/Revenge.

Speed perfectly reflects Burnout 1/2, and once you get going, it's a "hold on to the edge of your seat" experience that can't be found elsewhere.

Neon green rice burners FTW.

two things: sat down with the game yesterday with 4 smashes left. Amazingly, I found all 4 of them within 15 minutes. Got the carbon car and was a little surprised it got a Speed booster instead of Aggressive as the other two carbons got Speed/Stunt boosters. Used it to get two of the three MM that I have left. Almost got the third but the game started cheating (I took him out, not the other way around! :lol) but oh well.

second thing: how do I tell if I'm being invited or not? I got a little flash thing yesterday when I started to play because some GAFfers were playing but I couldn't tell if I was being invited or if I was supposed to be doing the inviting. I think I've missed a few games because of this actually because I can't tell if someone is asking me to join or not. :(

Concept17

Hey guys - I'm looking for some BP friends to add to my PSN list if anyone wants to add me. My ID is Acos.

Also, can anyone give me an overview of the license'? I'm on B right now with about 14 wins to go, do I go through A and then get my elite one or?

h3ro

Concept17 said:
Hey guys - I'm looking for some BP friends to add to my PSN list if anyone wants to add me. My ID is Acos.

Also, can anyone give me an overview of the license'? I'm on B right now with about 14 wins to go, do I go through A and then get my elite one or?

I think I have a spot open on my list. My PSN ID is in the first post of the thread, shoot me an invite... I don't have much time to play nowadays, but If I'm on, I don't mind doing some challenges.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I picked this game up on friday... man I played all weekend. Fucking SWEET game I just want to keep playing but I have to sleep for work tomorrow. :(

360 version, GT is Wellie if anyone wants to play some!

ch0mp

Concept17 said:

B > A > Burnout > Elite. You've got a fair way to go yet.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wellington I will definitely add you(add me GT=MThanded). Game is the shit. I have not played online yet. The sense of speed in this game is great and when you nail that perfect route you want to go race again. This shit is crack!!!!!:lol

How is online????

daw840

Wellington said:
I picked this game up on friday... man I played all weekend. Fucking SWEET game I just want to keep playing but I have to sleep for work tomorrow. :(

360 version, GT is Wellie if anyone wants to play some!

MThanded said:
Wellington I will definitely add you(add me GT=MThanded). Game is the shit. I have not played online yet. The sense of speed in this game is great and when you nail that perfect route you want to go race again. This shit is crack!!!!!

How is online????

I would be down for some multiplayer action tonight if you guys are around

GT = Qbert420

just got the achievement for doing a Marked Man with the WTR. DAMN was that hard with four cars coming at me. Two hits = death so I had to boost the hell out of the whole thing so I could just flat out outrun the cars. Didn't work too well as I had to retry it about 20 times. Good thing I chose the shortest MM route so I didn't have too much trouble.

Of course, now that I have the WTR I now have 78/80 cars; I'm missing the ones from the online challenges.

Kasreyn

Neo Member
Hello everyone! I hope you are all having a blast in Paradise City. I sure am!

This is the first game since Diablo II that I bought on release. Got it bundled with a new PS3. I have over 100 hours played. Am I crazy? I've done all the events/smashes/billboards and I'm still playing it. Just hanging out online is kinda fun. When people get together online there always seem to be something to laugh about.

I still need the 40x multiplier stuntrun achievement and a bunch of 5-8p online challenges. Please add me to your list! My PSN tag is Inkvisitor.

Knox

I've got my A license and I'm pretty much burned out (har) on this game. Is there anything worth sticking it out for, or does this game just become crack for OCD completionists after a while?

borsdy

Banned
Just bought this game today, is there anything I should know before I start playing?

Would the game give more and in general be more fun if I convinced a friend to pick it up so we could do challenges and stuff together?

h3ro

borsdy said:
Just bought this game today, is there anything I should know before I start playing?

Would the game give more and in general be more fun if I convinced a friend to pick it up so we could do challenges and stuff together?

Yeah, its a lot of fun to play online with friends. When this game was first released, we had 8 Player GAF rooms everynight... ah those were the days :lol

Knox, if your burned out now, wait till you need 100+ wins for your Elite license! If anything, I'm enjoying the game more than I did when I first got it since I know the city cold now and I can take races using the A-Team van and stuff just for fun...

*hums A Team theme in head while driving*

borsdy

Banned
Are any of the online-only achievements incredibly hard? I want to be able to get them while there's still a lot of traffic in this game and people on my friendlist are still playing.

Synless

I just got the game and was trying to figure out how to do in game messaging, I thought I read on here you could but how the hell do you do it?

well, if it's what I think you're talking about (and you have the PS3 version) press start, change the menu to the online one, and press triangle. it'll bring up your friends list.

VaLiancY

WasabiKing said:
missing 1 smash - argh

I refuse to cheat and look at that graph

Do it. We won't look at you any different.

Shit, I've been driving through the city and wondering "How the fuck do you get most of these billboards?"

WasabiKing said:
missing 1 smash - argh

I refuse to cheat and look at that graph
at 1 missing smash it's worthless. it would take you longer to navigate the section making sure you're going to the right places than it would for you to just drive around in the area and find it. (experience with the billboards + map)

VaLiancY said:
Do it. We won't look at you any different.

Shit, I've been driving through the city and wondering "How the fuck do you get most of these billboards?"
No, pride prevails. Found it about 10 mins after posting... Now, there's one billboard in silver lake with my name on it...

nib95

Banned
shintoki said:
Heres a map
burnoutparadiselocationsmap.jpg

Two things.

1. Can someone post a bigger version of the above map?

2. Does anyone have links to PS3 version screen grabs? Preferably not ones from a site like IGN which are bound to have lots of compression. Usually members of the GAF take their own via capture cards. Haven't seen any in this thread.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
Finally pulled the trigger on this game. The design of the world is an impressive piece of craft - not a thought I've ever had about a racing game prior to this. In a lot of ways, it's my dream racing game insofar as it gives me so many tools to go make my own fun. Getting into a impromptu car chase with a buddy online is fantastic.

That said, I hate hate hate how cars are locked behind the grind of Criterion's structure. I'm fine with giving people Burning Laps and stuff as an option, but there's a million games out there for those who want to slog through races forever. Just a gutless decision from Criterion.

borsdy

Banned
borsdy said:
Are any of the online-only achievements incredibly hard? I want to be able to get them while there's still a lot of traffic in this game and people on my friendlist are still playing.

borsdy said:
Most, no. Some, yes.

Most notable are the hoop-barrel-rolls at the airfield.

bune duggy said:
...I hate MM right now...4 cars all trying to kill me and they accelerate from 0-95 in 1 second to take me down. I tried big trucks to try to bully them and it worked from the 2-3 cars but for 4 it sucks. I tried a fast car and lots of short cuts but all of the MM routes left all end in the hills. ugh. My current strategy that I'm going to try later today is to use the Carson GT Steel Wheels car and see if that works. If that doesn't work, I guess I'll find those last 5 crashes and use the carbon version.
Steel Wheel is hella tough, but really unstable and handles like a drunk elephant. The four Citizens will sideswipe and T-bone you, dealing massive damage to your weak spot, all day long. The Carbon Carson GT is infinitely, infinitely better.

_RT_

Picked the game up last week and finally got around to playing it this weekend.
Enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.

I still wish there was split-screen...... just sayin.

h3ro said:
Jansen P12... consider it done.
although it's weight tends to make you fly over the hoops instead of through them (found this out today while playing online with rc213). I got the barrel roll done in about 5 tries though.

but yeah, it's probably the best car to use for those events. It has a decent speed-to-weight ratio so it's easier to get up to speed without worrying about needing to drift around corners to keep your speed up like you have to do with some of the larger or less powerful vehicles.

Top Bottom