• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
h3ro said:
Any other thoughts?

Well, IMO they first need to fix the netcode for any other online DLC to be interesting to me.
Challenges are ok, but races are kinda laggy. Especially notable with take downs. I keep doing/suffer from those for no apparent reason. I also crash on "invisible" opponents from time to time.

steve

Banned
TTP said:
Well, IMO they first need to fix the netcode for any other online DLC to be interesting to me.
Challenges are ok, but races are kinda laggy. Especially notable with take downs. I keep doing/suffer from those for no apparent reason. I also crash on "invisible" opponents from time to time.

The game runs flawlessly online for me, seen lag maybe once in my entire time playing.

Sean

Banned
bune duggy said:
RE: Graphics - I hate how bright it is when you're driving West. Makes some of the events that go along the top beach-front road quite annoying as you can't see any traffic, coming or going.

Completely agree... I was attempting a race that finished at the Coast Guard HQ and I always crash into the road separator thingy right before the finish line because it's so fucking bright and sunny that I don't even see it until it's too late. Did that like 3 times in a row :lol

They need to tone down the HDR/bloom in that area.

studio810 said:
I want the big airport(?) on the right unlocked. That huge bridge under construction must get finished eventually!

looks like 88 is a massive loop in that map. I don't see how they can add map space as DLC because how would you play against someone sans that DLC? they'd run into a brick wall on their machine whereas you'd keep going. Maybe if you're the host it unlocks it for the rest of the people to entice them into buying it as well?

Sean

Banned
Kind of a newbie question but at which point do you receive the WTR?

I have 13 events left until my Elite license/100% and that's one of the last remaining burning routes for me. I have the Walmart WTR car (sponsor code thing) but that can't be used apparently. I am pretty sure it's the one car I need to shut down, just wondering if it hangs around a certain street/area or if it's random or something.

keyrat

Can someone explain to me what's up with some of the car classes? I just got my A license, so I don't have too many A cars. I should have a formidable amount of B cars though.

So I go online and I set up a B class race, and it gives me the option of using the Ikusa GT, which happens to have better stats than any B car I picked up. What gives?

Steroyd

OOO put me in that PSN list round up, I'm liking it so far, I don't run out of races to upgrade my liscence which is nice.

ch0mp

bune duggy said:
looks like 88 is a massive loop in that map. I don't see how they can add map space as DLC because how would you play against someone sans that DLC? they'd run into a brick wall on their machine whereas you'd keep going. Maybe if you're the host it unlocks it for the rest of the people to entice them into buying it as well?

Same as every other game I'd say. If someone doesn't have it, no one can use it.

Sean

Banned
burnoutparadiseelitef894.JPG

Hurrah! Finally stopped doing online Freeburn and started doing the single player. 101% now, I certainly got my moneys worth (139 hours :lol). Now I can finally take a break for a while to play some DMC4.

dkeane

bune duggy said:
I think this map was just a previous version. I think the island on the right could become dlc because it's separated enough to be it's own section. The stuff on the bottom I believe was just cut from the game/changed.

Sean said:

Hurrah! Finally stopped doing online Freeburn and started doing the single player. 101% now, I certainly got my moneys worth (139 hours :lol). Now I can finally take a break for a while to play some DMC4.

I just got that yesterday. I never set out to do it but once I found my last jump I decided to give the Road Rules stuff a try. Next thing I know, I can't stop myself. I ruled all the roads in 2 sittings.

spwolf

steve said:
The game runs flawlessly online for me, seen lag maybe once in my entire time playing.

TTP is in Italy, and as every other racing game, Burnout probably requires pretty low ping times due to speed of everything happening...

studio810 said:
I think this map was just a previous version. I think the island on the right could become dlc because it's separated enough to be it's own section. The stuff on the bottom I believe was just cut from the game/changed.
well yeah, the map is vastly different (the dam area for one) but I do think they could add to the bottom and complete the 88 loop. Maybe not, who knows.

Wizpig

Hey GAF, i just found all the shops but it didn't unlock the achievement.
I mean, there was a pop-up saying "You found all the shops!" but no achievement unlocked

Why?

h3ro

Wizpig said:
Hey GAF, i just found all the shops but it didn't unlock the achievement.
I mean, there was a pop-up saying "You found all the shops!" but no achievement unlocked

Why?

I think you have to find all the parking garages as well...

Wizpig

Hmm, what's odd is this, the achievement says:
Shopaholic (10) Find all Drive Thrus and Car Parks.
but in MY language it says something like "Find all the shops and those other shops where you change your car"

Woo-Fu

Banned
spwolf said:
TTP is in Italy, and as every other racing game, Burnout probably requires pretty low ping times due to speed of everything happening...

The online is flaky and it isn't just a lag issue.

Play online enough and you will notice plenty of time where two cars pass, and you get a takedown even though you didn't touch at all.

BeeDog

Woo-Fu said:
The online is flaky and it isn't just a lag issue.

Play online enough and you will notice plenty of time where two cars pass, and you get a takedown even though you didn't touch at all.

True, that happened a lot today when I gamed vs. Steroyd, TTP and DJmizuhara. Good game guys! :D

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
BeeDog said:
True, that happened a lot today when I gamed vs. Steroyd, TTP and DJmizuhara. Good game guys! :D

Good games indeed! Damn DJmizuhara and your sucky barrel rolling skilz! :p

MaizeRage25 said:
Every random game I joined is closed within 5 minutes.
I played in an Open 8-player game for about an hour and during that time they didn't do a single challenge or a race, they were just fucking around. I only stuck around because they were all clueless and it made it easy for me to get my Burnout Skills achievement and get out.

Sean said:

Congratulations :) but there is something I don't understand, since you, or anyone else have 101% complete, why doesn't it say 81 cars ? you should have gotten Carbon Krieger Uberschall 8 for completing 2 Sets of Online Challenges (the 81st car if you do the online stuff last). Note: I'm not there yet, soon hopefully, still finishing up a few more stunt runs :( and finishing up the online stuff.

thanks.

Sean

Banned
MrTroubleMaker said:
Congratulations :) but there is something I don't understand, since you, or anyone else have 101% complete, why doesn't it say 81 cars ? you should have gotten Carbon Krieger Uberschall 8 for completing 2 Sets of Online Challenges (the 81st car if you do the online stuff last). Note: I'm not there yet, soon hopefully, still finishing up a few more stunt runs :( and finishing up the online stuff.

thanks.

I'm not sure, do the unlockable sponsor vehicles go towards the total car count? Because now that I think about it, I forgot to input the Steel Wheels sponsor code. That is probably why it says 80/80.

Sean said:
I'm not sure, do the unlockable sponsor vehicles go towards the total car count? Because now that I think about it, I forgot to input the Steel Wheels sponsor code. That is probably why it says 80/80.
yes, ok :)

yay!!! I just got my 100 % complete Elite License, now onto 101% by finishing up the online stuff and onto the 81st car :D

Wizpig

This game
is fucking
HARD.

And there's more; it was easy as hell before "B", but now i'm trying to get my "A" license and it's just plain HARD :(
Any tips on which car i should use? :(

h3ro

Wizpig said:
This game
is fucking
HARD.

And there's more; it was easy as hell before "B", but now i'm trying to get my "A" license and it's just plain HARD :(
Any tips on which car i should use? :(

Jansen P12 Track Package.

It took me from my B license to 50 races away from my Elite. IMO the best handling car in the game that won't disintegrate if you look at it funny like the F1 cars...

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Gary Whitta said:
Pro tip: don't bother trying to play with random groups online, it's a fucking waste of time.

Completely agree. There's always one moron who doesn't contribute to the challenges.

chubigans said:
...which the PS3 also has. Well, it actually has more achievements than the 360, and plays slightly smoother.

So PS3 all the way.

And all of your friends can see your achievements on the PS3?

Anyway, get the one that you can play with your friends.

DeadGzuz

Banned
I finally got my burnout license, probably as far as I will get. What do you get for completing online challenges, more cars?

I had a great time the other night doing three person challenges with Steve (aka Asshandler). It was much more fun than the random online game where everyone just crashes into each other.

steve

Banned
DeadGzuz said:
I finally got my burnout license, probably as far as I will get. What do you get for completing online challenges, more cars?

I had a great time the other night doing three person challenges with Steve (aka Asshandler). It was much more fun than the random online game where everyone just crashes into each other.

Yup, playing in random games is about as fun as pulling teeth.

DeadGzuz

Banned
steve said:
Yup, playing in random games is about as fun as pulling teeth.

If I wasn't the worst racer in the BO Universe I'd try to scare you with my shiney Walmart F1.. instead I'll be a big van and just crash into you on the line! :lol

h3ro

MercuryLS said:
So which version is the one to get? X360/PS3???

Read the tread!

Jeez, this post has been made almost daily since this game released! What the hell GAF!

I need a fix today, I haven't played in a few days... I still have yet to finish a single set of online challenges either... one day I'll convince friends to buy this game just so I can get my carbon fiber car... :D

Aladuf

Banned
h3ro said:
I need a fix today, I haven't played in a few days... I still have yet to finish a single set of online challenges either... one day I'll convince friends to buy this game just so I can get my carbon fiber car... :D

Yeah, I need to play again soon... I haven't played in about a week. I've been caught up with DMC4 and people wanting to play other games.

Top Bottom