• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

Agent X

Tunesmith said:
1 in Harbor Towm missing, grrr!:lol

I got all of them in Harbor Town, as well as Palm Bay Heights. Right now, I'm missing 1 in Downtown Paradise, 1 in Silver Lake, and 2 in White Mountain.

And I'll try to refrain from looking at the map!

AirBrian said:
4 smashes away from getting all of them! 2 in White Mountain and 2 in Silver Lake. I will not look at a map...I will not look at a map...I will not look at a map.
Where do you check WHERE you're missing them? I'm missing 4 too.

AirBrian

CajoleJuice said:
Where do you check WHERE you're missing them? I'm missing 4 too.
Hit Back/Select --> Right Bumper (once I think to get to your "Driver Details" page --> then hit down twice(?) to show your "Discovery" statistics. It'll show your Smashes, Billboards, and Jumps for each of the areas.

Cdammen

Ordered this game on a whim. Let's hope it's as good as everybody says.

My GamerTag is Cdammen. I'm a Swede so don't except me to be online when you NA people are at it :)

(EDIT) WOOO! Burnout DLC is free?! :D

winalot

Excellent. I don't think I've been this excited about DLC before.

Surely it would have had to have been free, though. How else would they have had Freeburn hosts with expansions and players without it?
Perhaps this is another reason why 360 hard-drives are a requirement for online play?

Aladuf

Banned
Lately I've been playing with the possibility of re-buying Paradise because (like a jack ass) I sold it about a month ago. And now would be a good time because I have credit at Gamestop. And free DLC! :D

Shins

Banned
I haven't even scoured the depths of what's already in the game, but I'll download this Day One in support of free DLC. That's the way to do it, devs.

Aladuf23 said:
Lately I've been playing with the possibility of re-buying Paradise
Picture%2013.png

Aladuf

Banned
Why yes sir it is free! Now, I wonder if my Burnout friends list will wake up again for a little bit?! They've been nowhere to be found lately.:D

h3ro

Aladuf23 said:
oh god! I had forgotten about your Burnout dominance! *runs away and hides*

Go and get Burnout again! Come back to us, only people with Burnout stay on my friend list! :p

Aladuf

Banned
h3ro said:
Go and get Burnout again! Come back to us, only people with Burnout stay on my friend list! :p

haha, don't worry I'm actually getting ready to leave to go to Gamestop as we speak to buy it!

Aladuf

Banned
bune duggy said:
I know you're both on my list but I never see you playing the game. What times do you usually play? (We probably game at entirely different times of the day)

Well I just bought the game again, but usually I'm playing at night (usually sometime between 7pm - 2 am). I'm not always on the PS3 though because I have a 360 and a Wii but the PS3 gets most of the playtime.

nib95

Banned
Me and my mate just played the game non-stop for 10 hours. While getting take-away (fried chicken and wraps) during play. I feel dirty and cheap lol. Burnout has used and abused me today.

Managed to hit every billboard, do every jump, have only 13 smashes to go, and only 50 or so races before getting the Elite license. This game is just fantastic. Can get repetitive, but there's just so much to do, see and find. And the game is seriously rewarding with the cars it gives you. I don't think any other game in years has given me as many nail biting moments, thrills, spills, laughs, shocks, frustration etc. Absolutely perfect game to play with mates. Takes away the repetitiveness of it all, and you know what, I don't think any other game out there is as entertaining to watch either.

Some lovely little touches here and there. Vehicles, colours (carbon fibre cars, see through shells, custom jobs), the sounds in the game are orgasmic to a car junkie (Watson Revenge racer and the F1 car almost bring a tear to my eye) and other neat little things. Like when you're trying to take down the Carson Thunder Custom. We have the music off, as we like to hear the sound of the cars without any hindrance (I do the same on other racing games like GT and Forza) but for some reason, when we were hunting that Carson Thunder, each time it came close to us, we heard a b-line creeping up to us getting louder and louder, a beat of base, that literally made my 500w 12" subs make the ground roar. It's as if the Carson Thunder was playing music, but all you could hear was the base. Added loads to the game, as we always knew when it was nearby from the rumble of the base it was kicking out.

Anyway, just my random post about the game after stopping it. This game gets a full recommendation from me.

Just for kicks, two random pics.

b1b.jpg

b2b.jpg

only by 5 days or so. ;) I didn't know it could do all that as I never really messed around with it since I had just found the map and already had everything found in-game. I have problems with locations though (i.e. where are the borders of downtown paradise, etc.) and the map helps with that.

h3ro

bune duggy said:
I know you're both on my list but I never see you playing the game. What times do you usually play? (We probably game at entirely different times of the day)

Yeah, I'm currently studying for my last set of medical boards so I've been relegated to jumping on for a stage of PixelJunk Monsters every now and then for a break. Like I mentioned earlier on this page, I want to get a GAF room back together at the end of the month, just so we can watch birdman struggle doing those barrel rolls through the fuselage again.. like old times!

Aladuf

Banned
h3ro said:
Yeah, I'm currently studying for my last set of medical boards so I've been relegated to jumping on for a stage of PixelJunk Monsters every now and then for a break. Like I mentioned earlier on this page, I want to get a GAF room back together at the end of the month, just so we can watch birdman struggle doing those barrel rolls through the fuselage again.. like old times!

I want this gaf room to happen too! And as much as I want to see birdman take 45+ minutes to attempt any stunt in the game, it saddens me to tell you that he sold the game. :(

nny

I spent most of yesterday getting to know Paradise City, and climbing some ranks in my license, and now it's time for some online; makle this GAF room happen..and let me know about it :p

_RT_

Picking off races whenever I get a spare moment.
Right now, I have about 20 left to get my A license.

Is there an all-around car people recommend?

Shins

Banned
Aladuf23 said:
I want this gaf room to happen too! And as much as I want to see birdman take 45+ minutes to attempt any stunt in the game, it saddens me to tell you that he sold the game. :(
But I'm a more pathetic driver than he could ever be.

h3ro

_RT_ said:
Picking off races whenever I get a spare moment.
Right now, I have about 20 left to get my A license.

Is there an all-around car people recommend?

Jansen P12 Track Package and the Montgomery Hawker.

Aladuf

Banned
Shins said:
But I'm a more pathetic driver than he could ever be.

ooh! This is good news, we need to get you into the GAF games then!

Question: How long does it take you to do one mediocre Power Park?

*Don't be shy with the answer, I'm just trying to figure out your level of "birdman"

birdman

h3ro said:
Like I mentioned earlier on this page, I want to get a GAF room back together at the end of the month, just so we can watch birdman struggle doing those power parks in the van for an hour.. like old times!

Fixed for greater justice.

Trakdown

Been playing for awhile now...just completed all smashes and billboards, now I have one jump missing in each of the sections. Still working on my Burnout license as well.

Nightz

Dunno if this is old or not, but I was just listening to the Crash FM podcast and they mentioned that the PS3 version will be getting custom soundtracks in an upcoming update (not 1.2). :D

Shins

Banned
Aladuf23 said:
ooh! This is good news, we need to get you into the GAF games then!

Question: How long does it take you to do one mediocre Power Park?

*Don't be shy with the answer, I'm just trying to figure out your level of "birdman"
...the fuck is a power park

well, that answers that

Slaylock

Nightz said:
Dunno if this is old or not, but I was just listening to the Crash FM podcast and they mentioned that the PS3 version will be getting custom soundtracks in an upcoming update (not 1.2). :D
Great news! Between custom soundtracks and DLC, I'm glad I didn't trade in my copy.

Aladuf

Banned
Shins said:
...the fuck is a power park

well, that answers that

Oh My! Gentlemen, I believe we have a contender for a "birdman-quality" driver here. When we get a good ol' GAF match going again we need to count Shins in!

birdman

I highly doubt this...newcomer can out-fail me. Come back to me when you guys all play, so I may know if I have actually been usurped.

h3ro

Nightz said:

Burnout + Rez Official Soundtrack = WIN

:D

Nightz said:
awesome! I've been waiting to listen to Saul Williams in Burnout for awhile now. that and Ghosts I-IV will make the game awesomer.

and the barrel roll through the fuselage is my Achilles heel. It always takes me about 25-30 minutes to hit that thing. Very annoying in a 2p match.

Agent X

Nightz said:

Very good. Hopefully they squeeze it in there soon--I'm at 87% completion now. :)

Top Bottom