• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

fistfulofmetal said:
Anyone who sold it needs to be SLAPPED
OH HOW DARE YOU.

The ps3 group that we used to play with every night seemed to die all of a sudden :( And i seriously wasnt into racing online with some random ppl, so thats my excuse.

bune duggy said:
awesome! I've been waiting to listen to Saul Williams in Burnout for awhile now. that and Ghosts I-IV will make the game awesomer.

and the barrel roll through the fuselage is my Achilles heel. It always takes me about 25-30 minutes to hit that thing. Very annoying in a 2p match.

Try a different car - something with serious acceleration, not necessarily a high speed stat. I just couldn't do it with the car that you win for getting your Burnout license - but my friend had zero problems with the first car he unlocked. Go figure.

Speaking of which - what does the speed stat really represent? Is it just top speed? Because there seems to be all kinds of different acceleration characteristics between the cars.

h3ro

fistfulofmetal said:

Or at least made to land ten barrel rolls through the airfield fuselage... consecutively to be allowed back into the GAF rooms :p

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Anyone who says the groups die needs to add me. I am game and one of the better hosts on the game...for the PS3 version.

h3ro

LiquidMetal14 said:
Anyone who says the groups die needs to add me. I am game and one of the better hosts on the game...for the PS3 version.

For some reason, I thought you were on my list already. Invite sent. :D

Aladuf

Banned
fistfulofmetal said:

:(

But I bought it back! Won't the beating you give me when we race be humiliation enough?!

devilchicken said:
OH HOW DARE YOU.

The ps3 group that we used to play with every night seemed to die all of a sudden :( And i seriously wasnt into racing online with some random ppl, so thats my excuse.

That's why I had sold it too, one night we were all playing and then the next night nobody was on their PS3 anymore. Racing with random people in Burnout is pointless IMO too. And now that I think about it, I think that the last online game of Paradise I played was the one where that acelightning guy and someone else were bitching about the Wii/360/and PS3... *cringes*

h3ro said:
Or at least made to land ten barrel rolls through the airfield fuselage... consecutively to be allowed back into the GAF rooms :p

Ouch! That is VERY harsh!:lol

So yeah, looks like I still have a pretty good idea of the layout of Paradise city.

When's that DLC comin'!

Aladuf23 said:
That's why I had sold it too, one night we were all playing and then the next night nobody was on their PS3 anymore. Racing with random people in Burnout is pointless IMO too. And now that I think about it, I think that the last online game of Paradise I played was the one where that acelightning guy and someone else were bitching about the Wii/360/and PS3... *cringes*

That's the nature of Burnout. It's not a game you play consistently for months. You play for a few weeks then stop, then come back months later. If I sold every game I stopped playing for a few days, I wouldn't have ANY games.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
h3ro said:
Damn, I dbl. posted.

umm... for those having trouble with the fuselage barrel roll, USE THE JANSEN P12!! :D
That is a good car that will give you less of a rough angle for getting the speed around the corner before entering that fuselage jump.

h3ro said:
For some reason, I thought you were on my list already. Invite sent. :D
Logges in and added you. I will be on in under an hour. Maybe some can meet us up there. You are the only gaffer besides twinturbo that is on my friends list with this game. Looking forward to gaming.

Aladuf

Banned
fistfulofmetal said:
That's the nature of Burnout. It's not a game you play consistently for months. You play for a few weeks then stop, then come back months later. If I sold every game I stopped playing for a few days, I wouldn't have ANY games.

:lol But that's exactly how I am, I always manage to sell my games quickly... but now I'm rebuilding my games collection so Burnout *crosses fingers* should be here to stay.

NullPointer said:
Try a different car - something with serious acceleration, not necessarily a high speed stat. I just couldn't do it with the car that you win for getting your Burnout license - but my friend had zero problems with the first car he unlocked. Go figure.

Speaking of which - what does the speed stat really represent? Is it just top speed? Because there seems to be all kinds of different acceleration characteristics between the cars.
point 1 - I'll try the P12 TP and see how that works for me. The first online game I played I brought the Steel Wheels car to the airfield. :lol That didn't work out too well.

point 2 - I'd love if there were a speedometer in the game so I could gauge if my speed that I'm going is enough for the jump before I was actually in the air. A lot less guessing would be going on.

rc213

Any chance that Custom Soundtracks will be added to the PS3 version? I love exploring but the Soundtrack really blows, I currently have the music turned all the way down for now. :r

Aladuf23 said:
:(
Yeah, maybe i'll pick it up on CAG if someone is selling it at a decent price.
And that acelightning guy keeps playing the game, maybe i shouldnt have accepted his friend invite *sigh*.

rc213 said:
Any chance that Custom Soundtracks will be added to the PS3 version? I love exploring but the Soundtrack really blows, I currently have the music turned all the way down for now. :r

Nightz said:
Dunno if this is old or not, but I was just listening to the Crash FM podcast and they mentioned that the PS3 version will be getting custom soundtracks in an upcoming update (not 1.2). :D

birdman

rc213 said:

HEY HEY YOU YOU I DON'T LIKE YOUR GIRLFRIEND!

h3ro

I'm telling you guys, once you play a game with the Rez Soundtrack, you'll never go back... Especially the music from Zone 5, perfect for a game like BP.

Also, I'm gonna throw the Orange Box OST on my PS3 so I can game while playing Still Alive. :lol

h3ro

LiquidMetal14 said:
On now h3ro.

Sorry Liquid, not going to be on tonight. I have family over and my little cousins are playing some PS2 games. (ten year olds playing Guilty Gear XX is awesome to watch)

Shins said:
Airfield?

fuck me

Paradise is the game that just keeps giving. :)

After playing so many quick, toss-aside-once-youve-beaten them games, its nice to play something that gets better the more you've played it.

DuckRacer

fistfulofmetal said:
Slightly OT Warning: I'm at the point where I'm not selling any game I like (even after I'm done with it), period. I eBayed both Crackdown and Halo 3 and I'm starting to regret it. :/ Luckily I was thinking about doing the same with Burnout but I'm glad I kept it.

Shaneus

rod said:
lttp, gonna get this game today. which version, ps3 or 360?
I've never played the PS3 one, but I can't imagine that the differences would be so great as to override the greatness of custom soundtracks on the 360. Really, EATRAX is quite possibly the worst thing for gaming ever. And for a game like this, the atmosphere provided by a rockin' custom soundtrack can't be beat, IMO.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Duck said:
Slightly OT Warning: I'm at the point where I'm not selling any game I like (even after I'm done with it), period. I eBayed both Crackdown and Halo 3 and I'm starting to regret it. :/ Luckily I was thinking about doing the same with Burnout but I'm glad I kept it.

They made more than the copy you sold. And get this... The same exact game is a lot cheaper now.

rumble and custom soundtracks will be back part of my burnout experience soon, and it will be complete once again... yay!

hope that DLC comes soon. looks sweet.

LiquidMetal14 said:
That was a fun bit of gaming last night though I wish I was better prepared for the racing. :lol so horrible.

birdman

You guys make me want to get the game again, unfortunately I don't have the money and I'm without a PS3 until the replacement comes in from Sony. :/

h3ro

birdman said:
You guys make me want to get the game again, unfortunately I don't have the money and I'm without a PS3 until the replacement comes in from Sony. :/

Did your BD drive fail on you? Which PS3 did you have?

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
birdman said:

If you can't afford Burnout P, get Ridge Racer 7 for half price instead....I mean it is the superior game and all :D

_RT_

Put in some more time over the weekend.
I've secured my Elite license. Been plugging away when I can, but what a buzzkill realizing how many races I need to do to finish this game.

Finally got to 100 left.
Then... I still have to find all the leftover small stuff.

Enjoying the GT Concept - Although Marked Man races are a little tough with it.
Also.... I really really really suck at Stunt Runs.

Tips are appreciated.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
_RT_ said:
Put in some more time over the weekend.
I've secured my Elite license. Been plugging away when I can, but what a buzzkill realizing how many races I need to do to finish this game.

Finally got to 100 left.
Then... I still have to find all the leftover small stuff.

Enjoying the GT Concept - Although Marked Man races are a little tough with it.
Also.... I really really really suck at Stunt Runs.

Tips are appreciated.

For Stunt Runs I might suggest playing with the stunt loop that exists along and around the dam. This involves driving east along the road at the base of the dam, and hugging left tightly to go up and around the dam, and come back over the top of it. There was a video on live a few months ago with tips on this region. Basically there's the chance for big air bonuses over and over here, along with other stuff.

Shins

Banned
birdman said:
Never, ever, ever e-mail first instead of calling for tech support. You're in a hell of your own making.

edit: I love you.

edit 2: And wow, its great to have rumble in Burnout again. DS3 arrived today.

Aladuf

Banned
isamu said:
If you can't afford Burnout P, get Ridge Racer 7 for half price instead....I mean it is the superior game and all :D

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I respect your opinion though.:D

Shins said:
Never, ever, ever e-mail first instead of calling for tech support. You're in a hell of your own making.

It's true though, you made your own hell bird.

birdman

Aladuf23 said:
It's true though, you made your own hell bird.

Not really, they have nothing to connect the e-mail to the call. I just think it's from me jinxing that Sony was quick and responsive when I called. :/

Aladuf

Banned
birdman said:
Not really, they have nothing to connect the e-mail to the call. I just think it's from me jinxing that Sony was quick and responsive when I called. :/

What I mean is instead of just calling first, you tried to do the e-mail support which is total bullshit no matter what company you're dealing with. And by doing the e-mail support you wasted a couple days of time.

Meier

Up to something like 380 fences crashed through. Anyone have suggestions on some of the billboards from the top of the parking garages? Some of the ramps have weird angles and I usually seem to come up just short.

I have the Burnout license... or is it the Elite one (whichever requires 50 races beat past A class), so I have access to some pretty darn good cars.

Btw, Aladuf... your avatar's pretty fuckin gross man. Seriously?

AirBrian

Meier said:
Up to something like 380 fences crashed through. Anyone have suggestions on some of the billboards from the top of the parking garages? Some of the ramps have weird angles and I usually seem to come up just short.

I have the Burnout license... or is it the Elite one (whichever requires 50 races beat past A class), so I have access to some pretty darn good cars.

Btw, Aladuf... your avatar's pretty fuckin gross man. Seriously?
Try using the P12. I think I used that car for 90% of the billboards.

Top Bottom