• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

_RT_

Let's talk about Marked Man.
I've got 60 races left.
What are people using???? Truck is getting me killed. I can't outrun them. I need something in the middle.

GT?

AirBrian

_RT_ said:
I've got 60 races left.
What are people using???? Truck is getting me killed. I can't outrun them. I need something in the middle.

GT?
I've been pretty successful with the Pioneer. I'll go fast, then slow it up, then fast again, etc. I think the key is not just to outrun them, but to mix it up to keep them off of you.

Sean

Banned
_RT_ said:
I've got 60 races left.

Use the Van, i forget what it's called. It's an aggression vehicle though which you can ram shit and it's built like a tank - they won't be able to take you down. You don't need to outrun them in marked man, in fact it's better if you just drive normally. I find that when you boost the AI not only also boosts but gets a lot more aggressive too.

Police car (Citizen i think its called?) works great too on marked man.

rc213

Sean said:
Use the Van, i forget what it's called. It's an aggression vehicle though which you can ram shit and it's built like a tank - they won't be able to take you down. You don't need to outrun them in marked man, in fact it's better if you just drive normally. I find that when you boost the AI not only also boosts but gets a lot more aggressive too.

Police car (Citizen i think its called?) works great too on marked man.

I don't really like the handling on the van, The Police Cruiser is all kinds of awesome for Marked Man.

_RT_ said:
I've got 60 races left.

GT?
I used the Burnout Roadster and alot of shortcuts. Since the finishline for Marked Man is mostly in the Mountains, I suggest to use a road that has alot of shortcuts or long ones, since the AI never follows you in there.

And I want my DLC damnit!!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
hey, got this game (PS3) in the mail (Gamefly)...so....yeah, what's up. I think my PSN name is...LonestarGA

JRW

Ive got a PS3 & 360 and im torn between which version I should purchase. I read IGN's Head2Head and they claim PS3's has slightly crisper graphics & a better overall framerate?

But on the other hand I'd like the ability to use Custom Soundtracks on 360 version.

h3ro

OK guys, I finished my medical boards (woohoo) and now I'm ready for some Burnout!

Like I mentioned earlier in the thread, I wanted to have a GAF Night where we could all get together again and do some challenges or races like we did when the game first came out.

Who's down? Lets pick a night/day that works for everyone and lets get in on!

I missed this game so much. :D

dkeane

Thursday nights EST works for me. 9 -10. PS3 version for me.
Set up a thread in the online boards, not that anyone checks there regularly.

PSN : dkeane

h3ro

Yeah, sorry, should have mentioned that. This if for the GAF crew that plays on PS3, but why not set up a 360 night as well!

Aladuf

Banned
Wellington said:
I have the 360 version and would love to play online with GAFfers. Shame you dudes play on PS3, or seem to.

Yeah, most of us went for the PS3 version on this one but if you dig enough in this thread you can find a good amount of people who do (or did) have the 360 version.

studio810 said:

I like this idea, somebody should make a thread to get us together again in the Matchup forum.

Lonestar

shoot, I just want to try it now, who knows when I'll send the game back for something else.

Agent X

I'd be willing to get in on some Burnout fun with some of you folks!

I finally got my 120th billboard two days ago! :D For those of you who nailed all 120 billboards, do you remember where your last billboard was located? The last one for me was
at a hidden entrance near Evans Blvd. and 1st St.

I've still got 4 more super jumps and 2 more smashes to discover. I scoured Downtown Paradise for over two hours today looking for a super jump and smash that I'm missing there, but came up empty.

AirBrian

Lonestar said:
Only if you make The Madden Leagues PS3 ;P
Fair enough! :p

Agent X said:
I'd be willing to get in on some Burnout fun with some of you folks!

I finally got my 120th billboard two days ago! :D For those of you who nailed all 120 billboards, do you remember where your last billboard was located? The last one for me was
at a hidden entrance near Evans Blvd. and 1st St.

I've still got 4 more super jumps and 2 more smashes to discover. I scoured Downtown Paradise for over two hours today looking for a super jump and smash that I'm missing there, but came up empty.
Do you have the 360 or PS3 version?

And Wellie, next time you're on, send me an invite!

Lonestar

heck, what I want to know is...where are the 360 Rock Bander's! I've yet to try online Rockband :p DERAILMENT.

Applause on the size and different terrain in Paradise City.

studio810 said:

we have one: Burnout Paradise (PS3) - Online Meetups for mayhem and naked mugshots!

and Thursday sounds good for me, I think. I just started a new job today and I don't have my sleep/wake schedule set yet but 9/10 EST is 6/7 PST for me so it should be OK. Might have to wait a bit to around 8 (11 EST) because of my sons bedtime though. again, not sure so we'll see.

Aladuf

Banned
Ok, since we always want to play another GAF match of Burnout and we all are to lazy to plan anything I figured I would try to set one up so we can finally get back together on there! :lol

So, for the PS3 Burnout players I'm gonna make a point to be on Burnout tomorrow at 9 PM (EST) and for anyone who posts here who wants to join I'll open up a friends only lobby (or whatever it is, I don't want random people fucking our fun up :p) and you can join in and we can have a damn fun time again! If you're not on my PSN Friends list and want to play then add me: Aladuf23

Aladuf

Banned
Alright, I'll be online in a couple of hours... just bumping this to help more people see it! I wanna have a full room guys!

h3ro

Where the heck is everyone!?

No one from the GAF clan on my list is on... :(

playing this game with strangers sucks ass, if no one comes on in the next half hour or so, I'm gonna go play FF XII... Damn, i really wanted to go through a round of challenges too :(

Aladuf

Banned
yeah, me and ascii were doing some challenges earlier and then my PS3 disconnected from the internet... I haven't been able to get it to connect since. :(

Just my luck, tonight of all nights.

h3ro

Good game fellas... let's try to do this again tomorrow or during the weekend...

Aladuf, get your internets fixed so I can wreck you with my Jansen P12 awesomesauce...

Aladuf

Banned
h3ro said:
Good game fellas... let's try to do this again tomorrow or during the weekend...

Aladuf, get your internets fixed so I can wreck you with my Jansen P12 awesomesauce...

:O

Believe me, I was shitting a brick when the PS3 wouldn't connect earlier! I want nothing more than to re-create our past Burnout glory... hopefully whenever we decide to play again it's all good to go. And we'll see Mr. P12... I've found myself a nice stunt car that can give you a run for your money! ;)

We'll just have to settle this on the Airstrip!

Maggot9

Banned
h3ro said:

are you m0nkeyhero on PSN?

that video links to this one: a flyover of the new island. Some pop-in, but I assume that's because of the beta-ness of the product.

So my new job is making my time scarce. I wake up at 5 and don't get home until about 4:30. And because I get up at 5, I go to bed around 8-9 so I get enough sleep. This leaves 4 hours of time a day for me and I can't do anything anyway because I have to watch my son while my wife does her homework. The only time I can play now is on the weekend during his naps. :(

the good news is I got a DS3 last night effectively for free ($50 clerical error on a previous transaction + that gamestop 10% off coupon) and I can't wait to try it out.

h3ro

I don't know about you guys, but the new island/city is giving me a real Middle East/Gulf feel. Looks amazing...

dkeane

Just listened to the podcast. The new modes sound great. Also seems like they will have something that'll cost money in the future but it'll be amazing. I really like the way they're going to expand the game, just wish it would happen now rather than later.

rc213

Why is the Create Freeburn Online options so lacking?

They should update it so you can choose to create a session with a specific # of spots open to make it easier to get Challenges done now that the rush is over.

Freeburn Online> Create> Type> 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Player Session

Ends up creating: "<PSN ID> # Player Session"

=X

Top Bottom